Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 16:29   #721
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Saw this in twitter. So apparently it's the highline variant with alloys from Topline variant and the black roof from the GT. Is there any limited edition brewing up?

Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20221010_1623242.jpg
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 13:21   #722
Senior - BHPian

Looking to upgrade from my 8year old Linea T-Jet and for the love of all that is good in the world i cannot unsee the slavia's front grill.

Really like the Virtus but wishing it has a manual for the 1.5 turbo. Any chance considering it's cousin the Slavia has one?
Old 13th October 2022, 13:55   #723
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion is, buy the DSG Virtus, for the heart and Extended warranty for peace of mind. Just try to minimize riding the gear in stop-go traffic. Shift to N during stops exceeding 15 sec. You should be ok for 98% of the time of your ownership. With the added warranty cover that should be good enough I believe. Also dont skimp on service or try FNGs.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 14:14   #724

Hey Fellow BHP-ians,

Posting here for the first time, Mods Please forgive any errors.

I’m actually writing this as a save our souls call on behalf of a friend hoping team bhp magic works for him and his booking.

A very close friend of mine had booked a white Virtus Gt 1.5 from Mody Volkswagen Kandivali on 3rd September 2022. A test drive was scheduled in the morning and car booked by 12:30 pm same day. Mr.Raj from Mody Kandivali convinced us to not book with autobahn Navi Mumbai saying they’d honour our delivery date no matter what.The Closer Mr.Vaibhav gave the date of 29th September.

The ordeal that followed through was only us calling to the showroom and having them ignore our call. On 26 September when we reached their showroom (Let me also tell You Folks that the showroom is a good 2 hour and 30 mins away from the town of Ulhasnagar where we reside)
Calling Mr.raj and Vaibhav standing outside the showroom we could see them bluntly ignoring our calls.

When we sat down to confront we were just brushed away with ease saying they are trying their best and cannot say anything further.
Following up every day since then. Even today they wouldn’t give a definite answer. What should we do. Please advise.

No one in Volkswagen would even respond directly To us or handle our case! Should we just cancel the booking and get a different car or wait or approach someone regarding this.

Attached the booking receipt for authentication! Genuinely considering booking Slavia top end due to the presence of Zac Hollis on Twitter.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-dff0b2080c0043fbb2cc44ed34663097.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2022 at 05:01. Reason: Spacing, typo
Old 13th October 2022, 17:17   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Looking to upgrade from my 8year old Linea T-Jet and for the love of all that is good in the world i cannot unsee the slavia's front grill.

Really like the Virtus but wishing it has a manual for the 1.5 turbo. Any chance considering it's cousin the Slavia has one?
Are you asking whether Slavia comes with manual gearbox with 1.5 TSI engine? If so it does come with one! It's the first time I'm reading someone not liking the front grill
Old 13th October 2022, 17:43   #726
BHPian

In my one month old virtus which has driven only 1400 kms, to keep the car straight, I have to keep steering tilted to the right. Has anyone else also faced problem of steering being off center so early?
SolidusSnake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 18:02   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Are you asking whether Slavia comes with manual gearbox with 1.5 TSI engine? If so it does come with one! It's the first time I'm reading someone not liking the front grill
Asking whether the virtus comes with manual gearbox
Old 13th October 2022, 18:25   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Asking whether the virtus comes with manual gearbox
Chances are very less. They wouldn't want to eat up the sales of their sister brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
In my one month old virtus which has driven only 1400 kms, to keep the car straight, I have to keep steering tilted to the right. Has anyone else also faced problem of steering being off center so early?
A lot of Virtus and Slavia owners have reported this issue. It could be an alignment issue, could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
A lot of people dislike the grille of Slavia, to be specific- the grille of Skoda. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either!
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 23:13   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Please get the alignment checked and make sure you have the correct air pressure in all the tires. If not visit the ASC and get it checked.
Old 13th October 2022, 23:22   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrohit View Post

What should we do please advice?
No one in Volkswagen would even respond directly To us or handle our case!
Should we just cancel the booking and get a different car or wait or approach someone regarding this.
Attached the booking receipt for authentication!
Genuinely considering booking slavia top end due to the presence of zac Hollis ok Twitter
Don’t let the showroom experience move you away from the car you liked. Try talking to a Sales TL or someone higher up from the showroom. Also contact other dealers and ask them if they have any available cars of your variant. You might get lucky.
Old 13th October 2022, 23:29   #731
BHPian

Quote:
My friend got Virtus 1.0 Topline AT,
even his steering wheel is off angle, if the steering wheel is aligned straight, the car moves towards left, we have to hold the steering wheel a few degrees towards right to keep the car go in a straight line.

We asked the service center guys to take a look at it, they diagnosed the car and said there are no errors, obviously as it seems to be a mechanical issue.

Service advisor said it takes some time to break in (seemed like they didn't know the cause of this issue).
k491 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 00:17   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k491 View Post
if the steering wheel is aligned straight, the car moves towards left ... ... ... Service advisor said it takes some time to break in (seemed like they didn't know the cause of this issue).
What an insult to the intelligence of the owner. And what happens after it "breaks in?" Some magic brings it into line? Or it develops enough slack to be equally off both ways.

Utter nonsense.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 02:24   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What an insult to the intelligence of the owner.
We waited 3 hours for this diagnosis, unfortunately we had to leave due to some other work.

All these days I was thinking it was a one off case due to a faulty installation of the steering wheel, but seeing that even others are facing this issue, i'm not sure anymore.
k491 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 08:22   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k491 View Post
We waited 3 hours for this diagnosis, unfortunately we had to leave due to some other work.

All these days I was thinking it was a one off case due to a faulty installation of the steering wheel, but seeing that even others are facing this issue, i'm not sure anymore.
Thing is it was perfectly fine till 2-3 days back and suddenly happened. Not sure what is the cause and how to rectify it
Old 14th October 2022, 11:19   #735
BHPian

Ashish Gupta, Brand director VW India hints at GNCAP rating timeline in an interview with BHPian Sunderdeep. 'Sooner than you expect' with a smile makes me believe the rating should be a minimum 4 (hope it is 5).

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks