Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 13:43   #736
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Ashish Gupta, Brand director VW India hints at GNCAP rating timeline in an interview with BHPian Sunderdeep. 'Sooner than you expect' with a smile makes me believe the rating should be a minimum 4 (hope it is 5)
5 star rating for Kushaq and Taigun reported in Taigun thread, so fingers crossed for an identical result for VW Virtus.

And no offense, can’t wait to rub it in among my circle of friends or acquaintances who recommended Kia or Hyundai because the new VAGs were an “unknown quantity”!
Pequod is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 13:50   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
And no offense, can’t wait to rub it in among my circle of friends or acquaintances who recommended Kia or Hyundai because the new VAGs were an “unknown quantity”!
Awesome, share the same thought. I have been telling everyone that the cars are not like earlier PQ25 ones but no way can be compared to Koreans and now Japanese competitors.

Happy that we added a Kushaq and Virtus GT to our family .

Kudos to VW Skoda India.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 15:27   #738
BHPian

Just saw the update from FIA on India spec Kushaq and Taigun scoring 5 stars in global NCAP.

I hope the same will be true for Virtus and Slavia too.
Good work by VW.

https://www.fiafoundation.org/news/c...l-ncap-testing
Old 14th October 2022, 21:25   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
J
I hope the same will be true for Virtus and Slavia too.
Good work by VW.
It's like my sales rep said, it's not as good as the PQ platform cars but when compared to everything else in the market they are definitely a level above.
Old 14th October 2022, 21:37   #740
BHPian

I did a PDI today of my Virtus GT . The Car is September manufactured.
It has Ceat tyres not the Goodyear ones. Will upgrade to Conti UC6 on the first day itself.
Apart from standard accessories i would get the Dual Wind tone Horn, would cost me around 4.5K.
Will take delivery next week.
Will soon pen down my initial impressions.
redcruiser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 15:26   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
I did a PDI today of my Virtus GT . The Car is September manufactured.
It has Ceat tyres not the Goodyear ones. Will upgrade to Conti UC6 on the first day itself.
Apart from standard accessories i would get the Dual Wind tone Horn, would cost me around 4.5K.
Will take delivery next week.
Will soon pen down my initial impressions.
Wow, glad to see someone getting a virtus. I'm still in the wait list and latest conversation with the dealer tells me another 4 months for the Red GT. It's kind of getting frustrating waiting for it now.

May I know which dealer you're getting your vehicle from and which color and booking date.

Ceat Tyres seem like a bummer
Old 18th October 2022, 20:37   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Wow, glad to see someone getting a virtus. I'm still in the wait list and latest conversation with the dealer tells me another 4 months for the Red GT. It's kind of getting frustrating waiting for it now.

May I know which dealer you're getting your vehicle from and which color and booking date.

Ceat Tyres seem like a bummer
I got it from the infamous Apple Auto in Whitefield. Actually I had booked with 2 dealers. So taking from the one whoever got me the car earlier.
Getting a Silver color. Initially I had booked the Red color but had to change my mind after seeing the car on the road. I didn't like the shade to be honest. So I had made up my mind on Silver or Curcuma Yellow color.
The ex-showroom prices have got increased by some 50K. The increase has translated to 1L increase in the OTR prices.
Old 18th October 2022, 23:28   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Asking whether the virtus comes with manual gearbox
In the 1.0 disguise, yes it does. Sadly it doesn't have a 1.5 manual transmission. The 1.0 manual is quite good. I have never really felt it to be underpowered except on paper. The only real world downside of the 1.0 liter is that you have to downshift slightly more than a 1.5 to get that additional push. But in traffic and on the highway or expressway once it gets rolling it's super. Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20220904_145706.jpg
raycers_honda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 12:12   #744
BHPian

Virtus GT Updates - Part 1

Delivery Date: 27th September 2017
ODO: 274 KM

Mod # 1 - 28th September

Got the car on 27th September 2022. This mod was done on 28th September (is it really a mod? Or just activation of features that were built-in but not activated for some odd reason?)

The car was coded by the gentlemen at DrcodemyVAG (you can find them on FB or Instagram)

List of coding parameters that can be done on the Virtus are as follows:

Coding 80 Kmph Speed Alarm (did this)
Coding 120 kmph speed alarm (did this)
Coded Lane Change clicks to 5 blinks (useful, got it done)
Enabled Volume to Refuel (why not, got it done)
Enabled Steering Angle display on Virtual Cockpit (why not, got it done)
Improved Torque Vectoring with XDS (not sure how to test this)
Improved Steering feel and Throttle Response with Dynamic mode (this is noticeable)
Enabled Start Stop Button Pulsation (looks cool, if only it could be colored red)
Enabled Driver Side Window Up/ down with the Remote Key (useful on a hot day)
Enabled Lock/Unlock Confirmation sounds (can be disabled from infotainment)
Enabled Anti Theft Alarm (not sure how to test this one)
Enabled Rear DRLs (this is useful, got it done)
Enabled Rear Side Lights blinking with the Indicators (didnt opt for this one)
Enabled AC fan Display in Auto Mode (good to know what speed the fan is working on)
Enabled Beats Audio Sound signature for the Infotainment (noticeable bass increase without distortion)
Enabled Performance Displays on the Infotainment (cool stuff, should have been activated as stock)
Enabled Off Road Displays on Infotainment (shows altitude + oil temp + steering angle)
Enabled Video in Motion (havent tried this yet, dont have any media on a usb lol)

So the process was simple, you connect with the team via FB or Insta, you pay a deposit (security for the cable and ODB tool) they mail you the cable… keep a windows laptop ready, and setup a time for the job. Follow the instructions…..

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20220928_222008.jpg

The team uses teamviewer to take control of the laptop (I used a real old junker laptop with no personal information on it) and then followed instructions like connecting the cable when prompted into the OBD port, opening the hood + car in start or in Ignition mode. You wont even notice how fast the job is done - less than 10 mins.

I knew a few friends who got their BMWs and AUDI’s coded by #DrCode, so I went ahead and got this done and am really happy with how fast all of this work has been done. Next up will be coding features on the GT TSI 1.2 (which will be sold to a dear friend on Dusshera day)

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20221018_180155-1.jpg

Next update has already been completed and I will share more about it soon!
vividhavasthi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 12:17   #745
BHPian

Virtus GT Updates - Part 2

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: 320 KM

Mod # 2 - 29th September

The fog/cornering lamps - Decided to change the bulbs to low-wattage LEDs (so as not to blind people for no reason), I don't often have to deal with fog, and when I do, I usually don't venture out or delay plans by an hour or two.

The procedure is rather simple, even the manual shows what needs to be done, unscrew a few screws from the fender and also the front lip section), unclip the wiring harness, twist the bulb and you are set. Don't close the fender until you have verified the polarity.

Have to be careful to check if the bulbs have been aligned correctly, else you will see the light scatter a bit too much in areas you dont want.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20221018_182221.jpg

The throw is much brighter and offers a clearer view of upcoming potholes, the stock bulbs didn't do justice…

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20221018_180141.jpg

Here are the specs

Bulb Type: H8
Stock Wattage: 70W (total)
LED Wattage: 72W (total)
Brand: Night Eye
Color: 6500K (Cool White)
Cost: About 2K

Virtus GT Updates - Part 3

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: 7XXKM

Mod # 3 - 7th October 2022

A “performance” filter - Yes I know this wont do much and may even make things dirty, but I wanted to add it anyway

Options:

BMC - FB01027
K&N - 33-3111

BMC Filter: Started hunting for the BMC filter, and although I found fellow enthusiasts that could arrange it for 7K + shipping, I thought I’d try my luck to find it in/around Delhi to save some bucks in shipping and maybe even on the MSRP. No such luck, even called a friend in Dubai who was visiting, but he couldn't find one in stock either.

Almost gave up and thought I’d have to wait a lot longer to get this small part, but then Amazon zindabad - first I found the same part but from K&N and voila, ONE piece was available on Amazon with a 10% discount coupon!

Snagged it for 5,800/-

Installing it is as simple as it gets, unscrew the airbox, remove the dirty (well 500km old) filter, replace it with the new, and as usual before doing this, rev the car for no reason but to hear how it sounds without the filter.

Pack it up, tighten the screws and you are done with replacing air filters for the next 1L KM (although I open it and clean it every now and then if I've been driving through a lot of dust)

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20221007_125350.jpg

And this is the end of the planned mods / minor things I could have done on short notice.

Now I look forward to read what others are doing and what else can be done - and here is one such recommendation for someone who maybe brave enough to figure out what it takes..

That absolutely rubbish reverse camera with static guidelines…. This is a painful one and spoils the feel of the vehicle each time I need to slot it in reverse!

Also, exhausts? Any ideas?

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th October 2022 at 12:33. Reason: Back to Back posts merged.
vividhavasthi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 20:37   #746
BHPian

Guys is it true that the extended warranty and SVP pack should be taken only from the dealer from whom you took the delivery?

What is the default RSA duration provided by VW for Virtus?
Old 21st October 2022, 08:00   #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 1

Delivery Date: 27th September 2017
ODO: 274 KM

Mod # 1 - 28th September

Got the car on 27th September 2022. This mod was done on 28th September (is it really a mod? Or just activation of features that were built-in but not activated for some odd reason?)

The car was coded by the gentlemen at DrcodemyVAG (you can find them on FB or Instagram)

List of coding parameters that can be done on the Virtus are as follows:

Coding 80 Kmph Speed Alarm (did this)
Coding 120 kmph speed alarm (did this)
Coded Lane Change clicks to 5 blinks (useful, got it done)
Enabled Volume to Refuel (why not, got it done)
Enabled Steering Angle display on Virtual Cockpit (why not, got it done)
Improved Torque Vectoring with XDS (not sure how to test this)
Improved Steering feel and Throttle Response with Dynamic mode (this is noticeable)
Enabled Start Stop Button Pulsation (looks cool, if only it could be colored red)
Enabled Driver Side Window Up/ down with the Remote Key (useful on a hot day)
Enabled Lock/Unlock Confirmation sounds (can be disabled from infotainment)
Enabled Anti Theft Alarm (not sure how to test this one)
Enabled Rear DRLs (this is useful, got it done)
Enabled Rear Side Lights blinking with the Indicators (didnt opt for this one)
Enabled AC fan Display in Auto Mode (good to know what speed the fan is working on)
Enabled Beats Audio Sound signature for the Infotainment (noticeable bass increase without distortion)
Enabled Performance Displays on the Infotainment (cool stuff, should have been activated as stock)
Enabled Off Road Displays on Infotainment (shows altitude + oil temp + steering angle)
Enabled Video in Motion (havent tried this yet, dont have any media on a usb lol)

So the process was simple, you connect with the team via FB or Insta, you pay a deposit (security for the cable and ODB tool) they mail you the cable… keep a windows laptop ready, and setup a time for the job. Follow the instructions…..

Attachment 2370031

The team uses teamviewer to take control of the laptop (I used a real old junker laptop with no personal information on it) and then followed instructions like connecting the cable when prompted into the OBD port, opening the hood + car in start or in Ignition mode. You wont even notice how fast the job is done - less than 10 mins.

I knew a few friends who got their BMWs and AUDI’s coded by #DrCode, so I went ahead and got this done and am really happy with how fast all of this work has been done. Next up will be coding features on the GT TSI 1.2 (which will be sold to a dear friend on Dusshera day)

Attachment 2370039

Next update has already been completed and I will share more about it soon!
Do you know if activating these features typically impacts warranty or extended warranty? I have a new BMW 220i, I am told i can activate Sports+ mode and exhaust flat control but i don't want to impact the warranty under any circumstances, hence i am hesitant. Also, what did it cost to activate these features?
nileshbhatiaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 12:16   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshbhatiaa View Post
Do you know if activating these features typically impacts warranty or extended warranty? I have a new BMW 220i, I am told i can activate Sports+ mode and exhaust flat control but i don't want to impact the warranty under any circumstances, hence i am hesitant. Also, what did it cost to activate these features?
As per my understanding with the coding team (no warranty issues) and also a discussion with my service advisor (as long as the engine and transmission were not modified) - there would be no issues in getting this done. The coding process cost me 6K.
Old 21st October 2022, 21:19   #749
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the cost of installing the spoiler? I have a highline AT and wanted to install the spoiler available on the GT trims.
Old 22nd October 2022, 09:07   #750
BHPian

So put in aluminium pedals on my Topline AT, and boy does it add a dash of premium!

Volkswagen Virtus Review-25fa57e56e0f435eabaf96c14dcc31e7.jpeg

Cost 2700/- from VW service.

PS - Costs 500 bucks for the Slavia, I saw a post in the Slavia thread.
Pequod is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks