Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 11:22   #811
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Finally Got the GFX mats delivered a couple of days ago. They're are pretty good,
Yes, I concur. The fit is pretty snug so that ensures it doesn't move around.
I like the clean fitted look it gives to the floor board of the car. Here are a few pics.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_130313.jpg
Vacuuming the floor before putting the mats.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_130403.jpg
Also the rear before the new mats are put.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_130329.jpg
Having a glance of the mats before placing them in.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_132801.jpg
They give a good fit. Although I would have preferred if the side walls were a little bit higher.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_132829.jpg
These are easier to clean than the regular mats. I find the 7d or 5d mats to heavy in terms of looks or too much of maintenance in then.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_132826.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_132833.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_221339.jpg
Same same for all these four cars i.e virtus, slavis, taigun, kushaq.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_221351.jpg

Last edited by raycers_honda : 10th December 2022 at 11:24.
raycers_honda is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 18:52   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Team, Please suggest a Insurance Coverage that would be similar to what VW is providing for Virtus.
Seems many of Virtus owners have opted outside insurance to save some significant amount (I assume) rather than going with dealer provided. I have been happy with ICICI and to some extent with Bajaj Allianz for my current cars and would be happy to get them.
But at the same time, do you think it's wise to let VW Dealer handle it?
Get insurance from showroom only if they agree to match outside quotes, otherwise always get it yourself and save some money. There are so many covers with insurance but the most important ones are:
1.Zero depp
2.Consumables cover
3.Road side assistance(if your car company doesn't have one)
4.Engine and gearbox cover(if you live in a flood prone area)

Then there are these which are good to have:
1.Return to invoice
2. NCB protect
3. Tyre and rim cover.
If you go to policybazaar you'll see that there are so many more covers too, the more you want, the more they cost. So you can ask the dealer to mention what are they providing you, and you can get the same covers yourself.
yesyeswe is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:20   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 5
Please share more photos of the boot organizer where you kept the Turtlewax liquids and please provide the Amazon link.
Old 12th December 2022, 16:06   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Please share more photos of the boot organizer where you kept the Turtlewax liquids and please provide the Amazon link.
Hello, here is the link for the organizer

https://www.amazon.in/Compartments-C...zcF9hdGY&psc=1

It is really good quality and mine has lasted over 3 years! I will share some more picture of how I've organized it in sometime (need to remove it and click for you)

Regards
vividhavasthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 13:08   #815

Hi All,
I am considering getting the VW Virtus Highline AT in a few months (hoping my promotion comes through ) Have a few queries for you T-BHP experts
1. Am getting conflicting info on whether it has an auto or manual AC. I am okay with it either way but honestly the plastics on the manual AC look flimsy and a little starter car.
2. Going by the old adage of "no replacement for displacement", it the 1.0 TSI engine better than a 1.5 NA on the Honda City, in terms of overtaking on our amazing city streets.
3. Don't crucify me for this one, can I actually get the highline's stock alloys painted black? Cos the black alloys on the GT give me goosebumps and not getting a promotion that'll let me afford the GT .
ajilphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 15:17   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajilphilip View Post
Hi All,
I am considering getting the VW Virtus Highline AT in a few months (hoping my promotion comes through ) Have a few queries for you T-BHP experts
Highline can be both manual ac or auto, you need to specifically mention this to the dealer than you want only Auto AC allotted to your booking. Just to let you know, manual AC units have no issues with cooling as reported by few users.

Coming to the engine, 1L TSI in manual would feel superior to the 1.5NA if you have more highway driving. If you are selecting AT Highline it should mask away any turbo lag which is seen in MT. 1L TSI has a good midrange which will help you with any kind of overtakes you need once it passes 1800 RPM, believe me you will be surprised to see the torque on offer past this.

Regarding the alloys, I have Virtus GT with those all black alloys you like and to me I like the alloys coming on the 1L Topline variant .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 17:31   #817
BHPian

Quote:
2. Going by the old adage of "no replacement for displacement", it the 1.0 TSI engine better than a 1.5 NA on the Honda City, in terms of overtaking on our amazing city streets
These are 2 different animals . The 1.0 TSI on paper may sound inadequate, but just drive it back to back with the 1.5 NA , and you’ll understand that it punches way above its weight. My drives are mostly on the so called “highways” of Kerala, and I have never once felt it to be underpowered. The TC gearbox does mask a lot of the initial lag too.

If everything else about the Virtus is ok with you, this shouldn’t be holding you back at all
Pequod is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 10:43   #818
d.j
BHPian

Hi guys, this is for the VW gurus, pandits and industry mavericks, the question is, when do you think, we will get to see Virtus 2.0, for easy sake say just for the top end model. I mean, added features like - auto hold, electronic parking, better alloys etc etc, more towards Octavia then Slavia or simply Octavia minus of 2 liters + size, that kind. New verna time?

Regards/DJ
Old 14th December 2022, 13:24   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j View Post
Hi guys, this is for the VW gurus, pandits and industry mavericks, the question is, when do you think, we will get to see Virtus 2.0, for easy sake say just for the top end model. I mean, added features like - auto hold, electronic parking, better alloys etc etc, more towards Octavia then Slavia or simply Octavia minus of 2 liters + size, that kind. New verna time?

Regards/DJ
Considering that virtus was launched in the month of June 2022, don't expect anything drastically new any time soon, we might see addition of some features when the car competes a year. Recently Kushaq and Taigun completed a year and their anniversary editions were launched, there weren't any significant features added to them.

But competition is always good, it gives a reason to manufacturers to work hard on their products and improve them.
Old 14th December 2022, 18:30   #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Virtus GT Kurkuma Yellow, looks nice with those blackened bits but difficult to take it as a daily driver to office . Too eye catchy-No?
Hi, why would you say too difficult to take as a daily driver? Just curious cos I'm looking to get one for just that.
Old 14th December 2022, 21:08   #821

Hi Members,

I booked the Virtus Highline AT. This is going to be my first car, though I've driven a decent variety of entry level cars.

1. On price, I'm getting a 35k discount for Dec in Pune, this excludes anything that I will be able to save on Insurance cost difference. Is that a decent deal?

2. I test drove Slavia as well, which could come in a good 60k cheaper, but did not enjoy the drive as much as in Virtus. I first thought this was a test drive vehicle issue which had run around 6k km. But then, I test drove at another dealer and the feeling was same, with a 4k run car. This feeling was shared by family members as well.
VW Sales guy said it is the suspension setup and tuning of gearbox for the VW. Not sure of that but the ride nevertheless is surprisingly better in the VW.
Have you guys felt this?

3. On the manual AC / auto AC - requested the dealer for Auto AC he confirmed he will ensure the model with Auto AC is allotted. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, thanks for the contributions on the accessories and other reviews already on the forum! Have a great Drive!
Old 14th December 2022, 22:49   #822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokett View Post
Hi Members,

2. I test drove Slavia as well, which could come in a good 60k cheaper, but did not enjoy the drive as much as in Virtus. I first thought this was a test drive vehicle issue which had run around 6k km. But then, I test drove at another dealer and the feeling was same, with a 4k run car. This feeling was shared by family members as well.
VW Sales guy said it is the suspension setup and tuning of gearbox for the VW. Not sure of that but the ride nevertheless is surprisingly better in the VW.
Have you guys felt this?
I was comparing the Virtus Highline AT with Slavia Ambition AT
Virtus has a few pluses though:
1. 10 inch touchscreen vs 8 inch in Slavia
2. LED headlamps vs Halogen in Slavia
3. Rear seat for middle passenger I felt is better in Virtus
4. 'Simply Clever' features of Slavia not in Virtus

Feel free to add to the list
Autokett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 23:08   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokett View Post
Hi Members,

I booked the Virtus Highline AT. This is going to be my first car, though I've driven a decent variety of entry level cars.

1. On price, I'm getting a 35k discount for Dec in Pune, this excludes anything that I will be able to save on Insurance cost difference. Is that a decent deal?

Have you guys felt this?

3. On the manual AC / auto AC - requested the dealer for Auto AC he confirmed he will ensure the model with Auto AC is allotted. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, thanks for the contributions on the accessories and other reviews already on the forum! Have a great Drive!
Best of luck with the booking. I think that Virtus Highline is an awesome car, which is quite under-produced and marketed in VW India.

Does the Highline come with ‘optional’ auto AC option? I believe a while ago a few cars came with auto AC but eventually VW deleted the feature from all Highlines. What’s the latest now?
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 23:27   #824
BHPian

Quote:
1. Am getting conflicting info on whether it has an auto or manual AC. I am okay with it either way but honestly the plastics on the manual AC look flimsy and a little starter car.
2. Going by the old adage of "no replacement for displacement", it the 1.0 TSI engine better than a 1.5 NA on the Honda City, in terms of overtaking on our amazing city streets.
1. I was given the option for to choose from touch or manual Ac for the 1.0 tsi highline model. And given a discount of 15000/-. But this was back in July. The manual Ac knobs are extremely easy and feel durable to use and aren’t flimsy as you say so. In fact I don’t need to remove my eyes from the road in case I need to lower the fan speed.

2. I used to drive the 1.5 ivtec for almost 8 years and also the 1.6 petrol vento. Compared to those engines I feel the 1.0 tsi is way ahead in terms of acceleration and drive ability. The 1.0 tsi urges you to drive hard. Although the 1.5 ivtec is a gem of an engine and extremely refined and silent. The 1.0 tsi is a bit coarse and it does make noise but it’s like a healthy grunt and sounds decent. I have never felt like I am driving in a 1.0 liter. It’s only the badging on the car and when I open the bonnet I feel like, “oh my god, that puny little engine can do so much”. Even on the expressway it just pulls like a locomotive. For the price I think it’s fantastic.
Oh and yeah, I have the manual !
raycers_honda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 10:27   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Does the Highline come with ‘optional’ auto AC option? I believe a while ago a few cars came with auto AC but eventually VW deleted the feature from all Highlines. What’s the latest now?
I think they have stopped the auto AC in highline variants. At least for the near future (as informed by the dealer when I was purchasing the car)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks