Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 19:37   #916
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by msri3here View Post
Should I go for 2022 VIN given the discounts?
Or should I go for 2023 VIN?
Check the manufacturing date and if it has been lying around in the stockyard for too long. But, if a fresh 2023 VIN vehicle is available, I would prefer it.
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 06:58   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Team, need your advice here.

I had made a booking for Topline 1.0 AT and was waiting for 2023 VIN to arrive.
Meanwhile, saw an ad in Facebook about net price offer and contacted VW about it.

While the VW customer care called me telling that they have an offer of 40k off on Ex showroom price, that is, they are offering topline AT for 15,59,000 Ex-showroom.

But dealership is not responding on it. They called me upon enquiry, but as soon as I told them that I already made the booking, they said they'll call back and disconnected the call. No response since then.

Would I still be eligible for this discount?
What should be done in this case?
Should I cancel the booking and go with another dealership?
The dealership at my place offered 30K discount on ex-showroom price, 10K corporate discount and 15K on insurance for highline MT. Total of 55K off for 2022 model.
xander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 22:41   #918
BHPian

I've read people complaining about "Aggressive Creep" in 1.0 AT variants of Virtus.
They say that this means the car accelerates from 0 (idle) to 10kph very fast, which makes it difficult to manage in bumper to bumper start stop traffic.

anyone face this issue?
Old 16th February 2023, 13:18   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've read people complaining about "Aggressive Creep" in 1.0 AT variants of Virtus.
They say that this means the car accelerates from 0 (idle) to 10kph very fast, which makes it difficult to manage in bumper to bumper start stop traffic.

anyone face this issue?
You can just not let go of the brake pedal completely to modulate your speed and acceleration at idle. Since it is a torque converter, there is no danger of the clutch being used up.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 15:00   #920
BHPian

One correction - 205/55s are perfectly fine as long as you don't abuse them. Been rocking those on my Rapid for a couple years now, no issues so far. Yes, ride quality suffers, but I don't really care about that. You could switch to some cushier tyres if necessary.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 15:38   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
4. 205/55 section tyres= recipe for bent alloys on Indian roads.
I have been driving my Vento since 2015 on 205/55s since day 1 on the lovely roads of Bangalore, alloys are still good.

As long you have your wits about you, this is not an issue.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 21:54   #922
Senior - BHPian

Good news for people looking for power increase for 1 TSI in VAG twins - many tuners have now started putting posts on ECU tune for them. And already seeing many posts on Slavia 1 TSI’s getting tuned.

Last edited by sunikkat : 16th February 2023 at 21:57.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 11:52   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
I read somewhere on a group on fb or whatsapp that they put some extra foam packing at the service center.
Thanks, my 1 month check up is due tomorrow, will take this up with service Center.

Another thing I’ve noticed is the rattling noise of the rear breaks when I apply them gently. This has recently started and will be taking it up as part of my first service. Just wanted to check if others are facing similar issues ?
Old 18th February 2023, 11:14   #924
BHPian

Review of the 6 month service checkup at Volkswagen Autobahn Goregaon.
9.30am appointment time. Reached on the dot.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20230218_093700.jpg

Was greeted by the enthusiastic receptionist and was told to wait for 5 minutes (as per Indian standard time).

Waited for half n hour till I was alloted the service advisor. I fail to understand If they can't attend to the customer in time then why create a 9.30 appointment time. Let the staff take their time to come to work and settle down in the morning and then take appointments by 10.30 am or so.
The lounge is below average of you compare it with Honda.(Honda Kalina) Honda has a separate enclosed customer lounge fully equipped with the snacks and chocolates and bottled water.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20230218_093928.jpg

Volkswagen has just water and an open lounge.
Only saving grace of this lounge is that it has a direct viewing window to the service bay. I love seeing the car being worked upon.
So continuing with the experience, at 9.56am the crm introduced herself and then by 10am the service advisor introduced himself and inspected the car. He was extremely courteous, thorough and explained everything in detail. I told him what the issues were, he acknowledged the same and noted it down.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20230218_095950__01__01.jpg
I sit back and relax at the lounge. I go to check on the car and after an hour or so the car is in the same place unattended to. Only if the prioritise and schedule programmes systematically things would move so much faster and smoothly.
Finally at around 10.40am the car is taken into the service bay.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20230218_104035__01.jpg

Will continue and update this post after the service.
raycers_honda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:28   #925
BHPian

Thoughts on the new upcoming Hyundai Verna?
How will it affect the Virtus?

I've spied the car in person and that particular one had digital instrument cluster like the Venue/Carens which I hate and just can't live with. The VAG one is also an 8 incher but much much better than that.
I think that's one thing that makes me feel better about owning the Virtus.

There must be many other differences and in favour of the Virtus but what are the general views?
Old 21st February 2023, 17:13   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Thoughts on the new upcoming Hyundai Verna?
How will it affect the Virtus?
I guess a Hyundai Verna buyer and a VW Virtus buyer have many times opposite set of requirements. The Verna buyer would be looking for a car with absolute comfort and convenience, with much lesser niggles and issues from the car.

VW Virtus buyer would be fine with few niggles and issues, and would compromise on the comfort and convenience features, if the performance,ride and handling balance makes up for it.

That said, the Verna seems to be making more power from the 1.5L, rumored to be around 160 PS. On the flipside, the clean lines of the Virtus, makes it a much more nicer looker than the flashy Verna (rendered images).
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 00:04   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post

Will continue and update this post after the service.
Do post an update on the post-service experience.

After checking out all colours of Virtus in the showroom, in videos and in the running on road, I felt that the vehicles on the road appear darker in shades. Felt the same with Red, Blue and Grey. Yellow didn't feel much different. Just had this silly thought that the latter models are coming in darker shades.

Anyone else feel the same? Sorry, but I am a bit picky about colours.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd February 2023 at 08:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 23rd February 2023, 11:18   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
That said, the Verna seems to be making more power from the 1.5L, rumored to be around 160 PS. On the flipside, the clean lines of the Virtus, makes it a much more nicer looker than the flashy Verna (rendered images).
Typically VW cars report power at the wheels. So 150PS would turn to 170 or something at the Engine. I am not sure what approach they have taken with these AO-IN models.
Old 23rd February 2023, 13:05   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
That said, the Verna seems to be making more power from the 1.5L, rumored to be around 160 PS..
Hope this 1.5L is actually powerful with more power and torque figures than the Virtus GT/Slavia 1.5.

Hyundai did launch the i20 with more powerful engine(120bhp) than the Polo 1L TSI(108BHP) but in real time scenario the VW engines perform better.

One thing which the Verna trumps against the Virtus GT is the beautiful manual transmission .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 21:44   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sai View Post
I'm going to take delivery of my Virtus GT(Reflex Silver) this week and I'm curious what your take on a dash cam is ,since you have prior experience with the brand. This is my first time owning a VW and I'm very wary about the DSG issues having experienced them first hand with my friend's car(Polo GT) a couple of years ago.I have opted for extended warranty and I'm unsure if installation of a dashcam will void my warranty (I'm aware that this happens only when wiring is tampered with).I would prefer a clean installation without any visible cables/wires but I'm afraid this can't be achieved without tapping a wire, especially for the rear one. I'm willing to fork extra for the Blaupunkt VW accessory since it's OEM(although I would prefer something more modern and higher quality) and I believe they can do a clean installation.

Any insight/suggestions or prior experience narrative would be appreciated.
I've ordered Vantrue N4 Dashcam with a friend coming back from Germany. As far as warranty is concerned if you are in good standing with your SA, he/she might overlook that simple fact when claiming warranty in an unfortunate event. But yes as per VW policy no one other than VW trained service personnel should open and play with the electronics and it will void the warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks