Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2023, 00:03   #1066

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Hello,
I’m at the final stages of what has been an arduous process of buying a Virtus HL MT 1.0 TSI Gray from Mumbai. But, upon inspection I found that my allotted chassis number has a huge panel gap(between headlight and bumper ) and 2 scratches. I requested the dealer to provide me with another chassis number but he says he has no other pre-BS6 phase 2 car available. I suggested that there will be cars back at the stockyard but i am not receiving a solid response from them.
Open to any suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_2030.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_2029.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_2028.jpeg  

Last edited by navad29 : 9th April 2023 at 00:20.
navad29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 03:30   #1067
BHPian

If I were you, I would not take delivery of this car especially when I was going to pay the full amount. It will play on your mind throughout the ownership period. Even if you have to wait a little, go for a new scratchless one. I know the excitement of getting a new car but it has to be perfect and not a damaged one. If they give you a hefty discount and repair it properly then maybe that would be acceptable.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 07:40   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navad29 View Post
upon inspection I found that my allotted chassis number has a huge panel gap(between headlight and bumper ) and 2 scratches.
Those panel gaps looks so anti VW like. Not sure if that is because of the zoomed picture or are other Virtus has the same panel gaps too?

Don’t agonise over to the scratches but do ask for discount from the dealer for it OR a complimentary PPF etc.
Jangra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 14:56   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Open to any suggestion.
That panel gap is massive! Something has gone wrong with this car. Depending on the discount offered, you may decide to buy or skip this. I'd do that latter.

Attaching a picture of the same panel of my Virtus for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-screenshot_20230409_145312_gallery.jpg  

Last edited by RaiAnish : 9th April 2023 at 14:57.
RaiAnish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 15:41   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I requested the dealer to provide me with another chassis number but he says he has no other pre-BS6 phase 2 car available.
Anyone buying a car now should opt for BS6.2 RDE E20 Compliant car only.

You wouldn't want a E10 car when E20 fuel is being rolled out PAN India from 01 April 2025 and face later issue with car.

Take this as a good sign and opt for E20 compliant car.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 15:23   #1071
BHPian

Hello Team, the 1.5 TSI bug bit me hard, my friend owns a blue Skoda Slavia and he traded in his car for my beloved Crysta for 3 days because he wanted to go for a road trip with his family and you cannot fit 6 in a Slavia. Now, those 3 days when I was driving that Slavia, I fell in love. A few observations of the car -
- The interior’s fit and finish was just supreme, compared to the Kia twins I own, leagues ahead.
- The engine was sublime and when you press a little accelerator, it tries to fly off. The driving pleasure is unmatched.
- DSG. I could sit and praise about this transmission for million years. This transmission is just perfect, the shifts are spot on and so quick, it enhances the quality of the drive and I would prefer the DSG over the likes of ZF and TC. Even though it comes with its niggles, Cars are like your kids. You can point out many flaws in them but you cannot abandon them.
- Headlights are superb. Lights up the road very well.
- I own a 2019 Verna, if you want to make you friends suffer and make them your enemy, just make them sit in that back seat and they will never meet you again. I found out the Slavia’s rear seat to be comfortable and had enough space for me who’s 5’10.
- I feel like to give that ground clearance and ease of going over the speed breakers negatively affected the looks, there’s too much gap between the arches. Though it can be solved with some lowering springs.
- The car handles really well, It handles better than my Verna and that speaks volumes because for me nothing came close to that Verna.
- Build Quality is supreme.

Now that this bug has bit me hard, I have been checking out the Slavia and Virtus online. The latter is getting my attention more. The Virtus looks amazing and the shade of white makes it look like some art gallery’s most expensive piece of art. The DQ200 is concern of course but owning it for 8-9 years, Will consider 2 DQ200 failures, so ready to splurge that money to enjoy that vehicle. Now, the dilemma is, what to go for? Slavia or Virtus? Heart says Virtus 1.5 GT and the family says Slavia (because it looks mature). Also, anyone who has installed a 35/40mm drop on these to please share their experiences in day to day driving. Will really appreciate it.
speedfreak77 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:11   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak77 View Post
Hello Team, the 1.5 TSI bug bit me hard.
- The interior’s fit and finish was just supreme, compared to the Kia twins I own, leagues ahead.
The 1.5 TSI with DSG once driven gets everyone hooked to it no matter the issues the DQ200 has had . The late-night drives for ice cream etc for me are back after a long gap of 10+ years & I look for reasons to drive this beauty these days . I was in the same boat as you whether to go for the Slavia or the Virtus. The best way to finalize is to see both in flesh side by side (if possible). Both the cars look better than each other in certain colors. It all boils down to your preference. My family too preferred Slavia over the Virtus. The Virtus surely looks more sportier. It is a very tough choice to make.

I agree with all the observations you have pointed out. As you own the Kia twins & feel that the interior fit & finish are better in the Slavia/Virtus is quite surprising as the generic perception is quite opposite. A little explanation on this point will definitely help.

Last edited by Torque123 : 10th April 2023 at 16:13.
Torque123 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:12   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team, the 1.5 TSI bug bit me hard, my friend owns a blue Skoda Slavia and he traded in his car for my beloved Crysta for 3 days because he wanted to go for a road trip with his family and you cannot fit 6 in a Slavia. Now, those 3 days when I was driving that Slavia, I fell in love. Will really appreciate it.
Congrats on getting bit by the 1.5TSI bug. I was in the same position after also owning the Crysta. Cant regret either purchase and no matter which car you buy, I guess the key performance indicators are the same between the Slavia and Virtus so you would not lose or gain much.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 00:33   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
I’m at the final stages of what has been an arduous process of buying a Virtus HL MT 1.0 TSI Gray from Mumbai. But, upon inspection I found that my allotted chassis number has a huge panel gap(between headlight and bumper ) and 2 scratches.
Leave this car. It seems it's badly hit. The panel gap seems massive, especially below the headlight. It's shocking that the dealer has the audacity to even show you this car. Please put their name on the forum to alert others.
raycers_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 03:10   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Leave this car. It seems it's badly hit. The panel gap seems massive, especially below the headlight. It's shocking that the dealer has the audacity to even show you this car. Please put their name on the forum to alert others.

On second thoughts, I went back and looked at the picture again, and rather than a pannel gap, it seems to me, like the hood was opened with the lever on the driver side. If you compare that pic to the other pic someone else posted, you will see that the hood is slightly raised and the hood doesnt extend as far as it does in the other pic (its only 1-2 mm but the jutting out of the hood is visible). So it could just be that they pulled the lever and left the hood open.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 04:22   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
On second thoughts, I went back and looked at the picture again, and rather than a pannel gap, it seems to me, like the hood was opened with the lever on the driver side. If you compare that pic to the other pic someone else posted, you will see that the hood is slightly raised and the hood doesnt extend as far as it does in the other pic (its only 1-2 mm but the jutting out of the hood is visible). So it could just be that they pulled the lever and left the hood open.
With this thought in mind, I went out and checked and here are two pics clicked at a similar angle. One with the hood open and another with it closed. Based on this, it appears pretty similar to the pic you clicked during PD. So it looks like you would want to double-check. While the scratches seem legit, the panel gap is probably due to the SS leaving the hood open.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230411_034002.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230411_034021.jpg  

Zippy_wheels is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 10:51   #1077
BHPian

So how does the security alarm work in Virtus? My 2013 i20 has an alarm that sounds if I open the car from inside door lever (kept the window down) after 30 seconds from locking the car with remote key. Basically to mimic a scenario where someone breaks the glass and opens the door.

I tried the same in Virtus and there was no alarm. Any ideas here to share.
Old 11th April 2023, 12:55   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Now, the dilemma is, what to go for? Slavia or Virtus? Heart says Virtus 1.5 GT and the family says Slavia (because it looks mature). Also, anyone who has installed a 35/40mm drop on these to please share their experiences in day to day driving. Will really appreciate it.
While the main point of difference is in the exterior and interior looks which are subjective, the difference in screen also mattered to me. The 8 inch in Skoda vs 10 inch VW.
Just wanted you to keep this in mind too.
RaiAnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 13:12   #1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Planning some "Simply Clever" touches on Virtus highline.
Many features exclusive to Slavia (equivalent ambition variant) are of great use and I am planning to visit Skoda workshop for below parts:
1. Sunglasses holder on roof
2. Side pocket below light controls
3. Ticket holder on windscreen

Other upgrades in mind:
1. Bonnet insulation
2. Door damping (mainly for thud, hopefully it will help with sound quality of infotainment)
3. Speakers on Virtus seem to be a level or two down versus the ones on Vento.
4. Boot mat
Would love to receive update on these upgrades/ accessories. Did you manage to obtain the parts from Skoda? If yes, how much did each of these parts cost and pictures of the installed parts would be helpful.
Old 11th April 2023, 15:41   #1080
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Planning to get a Virtus home. Deal I am getting offered is for 1.0 Manual Highline 15.7L on-road Mumbai (15.9L-20k discounts) for April 2023 manufacturing. This is RDE Phase 2 so I am guessing it will be E20 fuel compliant.

Dealership has informed that with Phase 2 upgrade, VW is also providing auto headlamps and 2 rear foglamps in Highline version. SA has also thrown in free PPF coating and discounted black alloys (will have to pay separately).

Does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks