Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2023, 23:55   #1186
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Finally pulled the plug and got Virtus 1.0 Highline home on 7th May. Loving every bit of it. Here I am making use of 179mm of ground clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230520_18442501.jpeg  

Amit_breakfree is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 12:45   #1187

One advice on the AC, be it any car - make or model, it doesn't work like our home AC. For best performance and durability of AC components in a car, keep the setting at LOW and vary the fan speed depending on your need.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st May 2023 at 13:06. Reason: Can we please request you to not type … like … this… ? Affects readability. Thanks.
jojodhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 13:54   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Finally pulled the plug and got Virtus 1.0 Highline home on 7th May. Loving every bit of it. Here I am making use of 179mm of ground clearance.
Congratulations on your new Virtus 1.0 Highline! It's always an exciting moment when you bring home a new car. It's great to hear that you're enjoying every bit of it, especially making use of that impressive 179mm of ground clearance. May your journeys be filled with smooth rides and memorable experiences. Drive safely and enjoy the road ahead!
Also, I wanted to take a moment to address a common topic that's been making the rounds lately: the Virtus air conditioner cooling issue. While I've noticed some complaints circulating about its cooling capabilities, I'm here to share a different perspective.

Ever since I brought home my beloved Virtus, I've been absolutely blown away by its exceptional air conditioning performance. From the very first day, it has provided me with a cooling experience that's second to none. I literally keep the air con on the lowest fan level ans it does the job brilliantly.

Point to note: on my Virtus 1.0 tsi highline model, I had opted for the manual air con controls and not the auto.

Parting shot. Virtus gives company to its elder sister.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-d917028c3e884a5ab0e404aeb3670e66.jpeg

Oh and most importantly, change the vipers immediately because they are of the worst quality. If you zoom in on the image you will notice the visibility line.
raycers_honda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 14:47   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojodhar View Post
One advice on the AC, be it any car - make or model, it doesn't work like our home AC. For best performance and durability of AC components in a car, keep the setting at LOW and vary the fan speed depending on your need.
Please elaborate! How does putting the AC in LOW increase it's durability?

If that's true, I'll always do that.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 16:42   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Also, I wanted to take a moment to address a common topic that's been making the rounds lately: the Virtus air conditioner cooling issue. While I've noticed some complaints circulating about its cooling capabilities, I'm here to share a different perspective.
Thanks for the kind words.

I just spent 4 days in rural Maharashtra with temperatures reaching 40+ degrees, what I would like to add is that cooling is adequate in the front row. However, my mom and sis who were sitting on the rear seat felt the need for better cooling.

I keep the temperature at 21 and fan at level 2 generally but during this trip I had to keep it at 19-20 and fan speed at level 3.

I had a Swift before this and what I have observed is that Virtus's AC needs to be kept at 1 level colder than Swift. In hot temperatures I used to keep my Swift's AC at level 2 but here I have to increase it to level 3 to have the same performance.

What I would like to add is that AC performance is good and has improved as compared to the initial reports. Anyone looking to buy Virtus should go forward but do not expect similar performance as Maruti, Hyundai. The AC unit needs to be atleast 1 level lower.
Old 22nd May 2023, 00:51   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Please elaborate! How does putting the AC in LOW increase it's durability?

If that's true, I'll always do that.
I don’t now the technicalities of how it works, but I can relate to the fact that by putting the Ac on low, it actually and really does help. Maybe it cools the cabin faster and more efficiently.
A quick search on google gave me this result below.
“Turning the AC on at the minimum speed will help you get better cooling. You already know that the temperature inside the vehicle is higher than the outside temperature when you get into the car. If you set the blower to the maximum speed then the AC will force the machine to take air from the passenger's cabin.”
Old 22nd May 2023, 06:21   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don’t now the technicalities of how it works, but I can relate to the fact that by putting the Ac on low, it actually and really does help. Maybe it cools the cabin faster and more efficiently.
A quick search on google gave me this result below.
“Turning the AC on at the minimum speed will help you get better cooling. You already know that the temperature inside the vehicle is higher than the outside temperature when you get into the car. If you set the blower to the maximum speed then the AC will force the machine to take air from the passenger's cabin.”
Definitely true and we do this all the time. But jojodhar is referring to increased durability of the components which I don't understand the technicalities about. If that's really true, it's the best of both worlds!

Our Vento's compressor conked off in it's 8th year and we were wondering whether it's related to putting the AC on Low after starting the car.
Old 22nd May 2023, 20:56   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
I had opted for the manual air con controls and not the auto.
I think this is one of the main reason why it works so well, TBH most of the users complaining of the AC have been the ones with auto ACs. I have similar experience with a 1L Kushaq with manual AC, it does cool adequate contrary to what owners have been reporting.

Cooling on the Virtus GT is good but only when the temp is set between 18-20 and not on Auto. Auto mode seems to be the problem I guess.
Old 23rd May 2023, 09:26   #1194
BHPian

I recently drove for about 500 kms with outside temptrature hovering around 44-45 degrees. The car is Virtus 1.0 topline. For a change, I set the AC to auto, I almost always used to set it to manual with 22/23 - and setting blower speed as needed. For some reason, this time I was feeling lazy, and set it it automatic. IMO it worked better with auto. The difference is - when you start the car, the blower sets off at a pretty high speed, then the blower is reduced once the desired temp is reached. I had to do nothing and I drove at temp set to 22 for most of the time, only setting it to 20, in between, when the sun was hell bent on air frying us. It was really comfortable all along.
Old 24th May 2023, 11:40   #1195

Booked Virtus highline trim, not sure why Volkswagen has given beige colour central console for highline when they are giving black for both Comfortline & topline. Not a fan of beige colour, black seat covers could hide the beige seats, but those beige plastics on the central console . Any possibilities to make those black?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-highlineinterior.jpg  

sarathtpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 18:05   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathtpm View Post
Not a fan of beige colour, black seat covers could hide the beige seats, but those beige plastics on the central console . Any possibilities to make those black?
You should get after market covers for center console as well along with seat covers.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th May 2023 at 19:00. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
Old 27th May 2023, 14:13   #1197

Requesting fellow Virtus 1.0 AT owners with feedback

As soon as gear is engaged the car seems to fly off from standstill, reason why i am bothered is because it makes it all the more difficult if to maneuver in tight spaces, my all-other automatics does not show same characteristics, that is why I am calling it an issue.
Old 28th May 2023, 01:21   #1198

Thank you for the input everyone.
The Virtus will be going to for its 15k kms service next week.

On the topic of AC cooling power, will installing window tints help? Anybody who has installed tints (so called government-approved) can share their experience.
Old 31st May 2023, 09:43   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFNDER View Post
As soon as gear is engaged the car seems to fly off from standstill,
Yes, the creep function in the 1.0AT is setup to be rather agressive. In the beginning there was a bit of a learning curve to increased brake modulation, but I got used to it in a few days.

Do note that at startup, the car idles higher for ~20-30 seconds and the creep is way more aggressive if you start moving before the revs come down to 1krpm. IMO it's also a good idea to let the car warm up for those 30 seconds, especially given the turbocharger's presence.

If I had to choose, I'll still prefer a less aggressive creep mode, but I feel one will get used to it. The only issue is that it gets slightly jerky in stop-start traffic or parking due to increased creep and breaking combination, and add to it the brake noise at low speeds of the VW2.0 cars.
Game_of_Roads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 11:19   #1200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
A FNG mechanic went under the car and diagnosed it and fixed it - put some greese and did whatever he needed to do and the sound has stopped. Damage -150 rs. I could not see how he fixed it but he did use spanners and took 10 minutes.
Smart decision to use an FNG's services rather than visiting ASC directly for diagnosis. Often brings a solution faster, and at much cheaper cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
I am thinking of increasing tyre pressure to 38 front and 40 rear (currently 36) to try to avoid the dangerous speed breakers and potholes. No wonder everyone buys a bolero here
Please don't. The recommended pressure for the Virtus IIRC is 33 PSI all round. Your 38-40 PSI will harden the tyres too much and make it a hard work for the suspension. Ride will be very harsh too. And - the actual difference to ground clearance will be next to 0.

Also - during extreme summers with hot concrete tarmacs - the pressure while driving will rise significantly, adding to risk of sudden deflation in potholes etc. at speed.

(And - generally the approach is to have more pressure in the front, because the engine-transmission's weight is also more at the front. Car is very light at the back and more pressure there, will make it bounce further.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 31st May 2023 at 11:20.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks