Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2023, 10:52   #1231
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
Does your Virtus steering re centres on taking a turn? Mine re centres about 60%. However my good old grand i10 steering re centres 100%. Pls share behaviour of your Virtus’s steering
The recentering is due to power steering. Mine recenters almost all the way.
Old 24th June 2023, 12:17   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotope729 View Post
The recentering is due to power steering. Mine recenters almost all the way.
The recentering is due to wheel geometry, mainly caster angle, not due to power steering.

SolidusSnake's Virtus has had some issues with wheel geometry right from the beginning.
Old 24th June 2023, 13:11   #1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
Now that’s the answer I was looking for! Thanks! Surprised that the VW techs didn’t/couldn’t offer it even when I asked them to recalibrate pedal action via software (that’s the extent of my tech knowledge on modern DBW cars).

You’re right - they didn’t check even when I asked them to while the car was up on the lift. However, there’s no play in the handbrake, so I’m guessing they’re fine.
Hi SUVolens,

Were you able to get this fixed to your satisfaction? I noticed a weird issue while driving on the expressway, though this was not an ideal or acceptable scenario (speed was high 3 digits), but I never experienced this with any of the other cars.

I was driving on the expressway, and at one instant, the truck suddenly changed lanes to overtaking lane without alerting me, though I was approx. 150m behind his tail but had to engage hard braking and manoeuvring to maintain a safe distance. While doing so I noticed an unusual humming sound from the front discs, and as if the pads were not gripping discs properly at that instant, I felt the brakes had failed.

I am yet to visit the service centre and giving some time to replicate symptoms at lower speeds, the issue is at lower speeds brakes have enough bite and behave normally.

My car is 1.0 Topline AT, and I took delivery on 7th April. She has done close to 5K KMS to date.

Last edited by navin : 24th June 2023 at 16:43. Reason: High-speed reference, typos, grammar and spelling
DEFNDER is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th June 2023, 14:34   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFNDER View Post
Hi SUVolens,

Were you able to get this fixed per your satisfaction...
Hi!

The brake issue on my GT seems to have self-sorted to a large extent over time, while I waited for the 7500km checkup to come around. I don’t get to drive a lot, but am noticing lately that the brakes aren’t quite so problematic as before. Doesn’t make me nervous taking the car out in traffic. Maybe I need to wait and watch some more..

Regarding the incident you reported, appears to me you needed to hit the brakes pretty hard to avoid rear ending the truck. In that event, I suspect the humming noise you heard were the ABS on the wheels activating to prevent a lockup and spin. I usually find it a grinding kind of sound, but similar to what you describe.

Maybe try finding an open stretch of road and reproduce the sound? I hope it’s nothing worse than what I guess.

Cheers

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th June 2023 at 14:55. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 25th June 2023, 08:55   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenasubbu View Post
If anyone has crossed more than 10,000 km in the GT variant and please let us know how is mileage improved post this range.
I’m not a sedate driver. Inflicted with the notorious heavy right foot syndrome. But one day decided to do a mileage run to cafe coffee day(65 kms away). Set AC at 22 and with a light foot maintained 75-85 kmph(No cruise control). The mileage I received was a stunning 23.2 kmpl. My ODO at the time was: 9k odd kilometres.

A couple of things I did at 10k kilometres:
1) Topped up with OEM 0W20 engine oil. The engine felt buttery smooth to drive after the top up.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_7527.jpeg

2) Cleaned the air filter. And yes a load of dust flew out.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_7559.jpeg

Cheers!
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 11:18   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
I would suggest you go with UC6 in stock size and you will be amazed how silent these tyres can be. When I took the delivery of Slavia the first thing I did was change the stock tyres to UC6.
Does changing the tyres affect warranty?
Old 25th June 2023, 11:28   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Does changing the tyres affect warranty?
As long as you are using the same size as stock tyres it won’t affect your warranty.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 17:53   #1238
BHPian

Virtus sets the record for fastest car to cross Rann of Kutch. Average speed 133 kph, top speed 184 kph.

Last edited by steadfast : 25th June 2023 at 17:54.
steadfast is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 21:05   #1239
Distinguished - BHPian

Virtus 1.0L TSI owners, please share your actual fuel efficiency figures. Also, is there any rattling issues present?
Old 25th June 2023, 22:43   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Virtus 1.0L TSI owners, please share your actual fuel efficiency figures. Also, is there any rattling issues present?
Depends on the route and your driving style.
I had to change my driving style a bit to extract better fuel effeciency.
After 3 months and 3000 kms, I now get 8-11 in bumber to bumper Pune traffic and 11-13 on empty roads in City.
On highway, the longest I drove is from Pune to Hyderabad during the day, which is about 550 kms and I got about 18.5 kmpl.
On return journey I drove overnight and got 19 kmpl.
msri3here is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 08:50   #1241

Here is my Rising blue Virtus highline MT !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-virtus.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-virtus1.jpg  

sarathtpm is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 08:56   #1242

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
On that note, here’s my Virtus 1.0 ltr tsi highline.(manual).

With those black wheels , it looks cool. Have you painted it from the VW service center? How much did it cost?

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th June 2023 at 08:57.
Old 26th June 2023, 14:52   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I bumber to bumper traffic, I get about 10. In light traffic, I get about 13 to 15. On highways, I get about 18 to 19. This is in Pune.

Not a sedate driver, but I have a smooth driving style and I don't normally go to triple digits speed unless it's an access controlled highway.

These pictures will show during various times such as pure highway driving, mixed driving and city driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230521_112641.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230308_155542.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230107_180549.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-20230107_162543.jpg  

isotope729 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 15:05   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotope729 View Post

10 Months and 6000 Kms Update

I have been invited to a VW organized meet-and-greet event on 24-Jun. I'm hoping to hear more and provide my feedback during this session. I'll keep you guys posted.
I asked 2 main questions during this session to the VW guys.

1. E20 petrol mix. I was told all MQB IN models are E20 compliant from the beginning. Since only E10 compliance was required they put those stickers in. An announcement in this regard is targeted in the near future. I told them that I'm afraid of missing my warranty due to non-compliant fuel and was reassured that would not be a problem.

2. I also asked why they didn't launch any hybrid models. VAG has a pedigree of hybrids and was told they couldn't compete due costs. They plan to launch all electric cars in the next few years.
isotope729 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 19:39   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Nice content from Evo India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks