Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2022, 20:55   #841
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Took delivery of my Virtus 1.0 Topline AT today. I am thrilled by the capability of this 1.0 engine. Power, the pull is unimaginable for the capacity.
I wonder if 1.5 will just blow me away.

One ques-
I feel the driving seat incline is too back to start with even in most upright position. Is it so with other owners also or am I missing something in adjustment ?
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 11:46   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Took delivery of my Virtus 1.0 Topline AT today. I am thrilled by the capability of this 1.0 engine. Power, the pull is unimaginable for the capacity.
I wonder if 1.5 will just blow me away.

One ques-
I feel the driving seat incline is too back to start with even in most upright position. Is it so with other owners also or am I missing something in adjustment ?
Anyone to answer my above query please.

Restating it. Even in most upright position of driving seat, I still find the backrest laidback . Does anyone feel so ?
Old 27th December 2022, 11:59   #843
BHPian

Quote:

Restating it. Even in most upright position of driving seat, I still find the backrest laidback . Does anyone feel so ?
Well this is the 1st time someone has mentioned this, have you tried increasing the height to make the seat a bit high to make the sitting posture a bit upright? You can even use those tailbone support cushions to increase the sitting height even further. That would make the posture chair like.
Old 27th December 2022, 12:33   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Well this is the 1st time someone has mentioned this, have you tried increasing the height to make the seat a bit high to make the sitting posture a bit upright? You can even use those tailbone support cushions to increase the sitting height even further. That would make the posture chair like.
Thanks for answering. I can try by increasing height of seat. Extra cushions might not help as that will only increase height and not put the backrest straight. I am already 5 10 so cushions may not help
Old 28th December 2022, 08:56   #845
BHPian

Quote:

I'm having the same issue. I thought that I wasn't comfortable being used to SUV seating. Still not able to find a comfortable seating position after 1800+kms. Keeping the seat higher will help a bit though.
Old 28th December 2022, 20:48   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
I'm having the same issue. I thought that I wasn't comfortable being used to SUV seating. Still not able to find a comfortable seating position after 1800+kms. Keeping the seat higher will help a bit though.
Exactly, I drive a Harrier and that is just so comfortable. Even my Polo's seat can be done more upright than my Virtus. But as you rightly said higher seat is helping me a bit and the punchy drive makes me forget only to realise again on a red light.
Old 29th December 2022, 19:06   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokett View Post
Hi Members,

I booked the Virtus Highline AT. This is going to be my first car, though I've driven a decent variety of entry level cars.

1. On price, I'm getting a 35k discount for Dec in Pune, this excludes anything that I will be able to save on Insurance cost difference. Is that a decent deal?
I have booked a grey VW Virtus Highline MT for my parents. On road price is 15.75. Getting a discount of 75k and closing the deal at 15L with service package free as a December deal from VW (not the dealer). Insurance is 67k. Dealer is not budging to go below 15L or letting me take my own insurance. He says if you take your own insurance final price will be 14.75L.

My mom (65+) found the backseat of the virtus more comfortable than the slavia. Don't know if there is really a difference or is it just the lighter beige interiors playing tricks compared to the darker interiors on the slavia. My car is also October manufactured and is with auto ac. Will go for the pdi tomorrow and if everything works out will take delivery next week.
sambhav.jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 10:25   #848
BHPian

Happy last day of 2022 to all.

Is the cigarette lighter always on in Virtus even without ignition ? Does it mean if i install a dashcamera there it will work as a hard wired unit ? How much drop in battery life can I expect due to camera always attached to cigarette lighter port ?
Old 31st December 2022, 12:24   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
I have booked a grey VW Virtus Highline MT for my parents. On road price is 15.75. Getting a discount of 75k and closing the deal at 15L with service package free as a December deal from VW (not the dealer). Insurance is 67k. Dealer is not budging to go below 15L or letting me take my own insurance. He says if you take your own insurance final price will be 14.75L.
Slavia and virtus are basically the same cars underneath, it all depends on personal preference for looks and features. For the mid model with virtus you'll get led headlights, 10 inch radio and wireless AA & Carplay as extra features over the Slavia. Now coming to the insurance part, they are charging you way too much, my friend who very recently purchased a Slavia ambition got insurance for 32k from the dealer, online on policybazaar he was getting for 24k.

I think try a ŠKODA dealer too, whoever gives you a better deal go for that car moreover you can even get a virtus from another city too, call the VW dealer in the next city, tell you are ready to buy urgently and getting this deal currently, and what deal can you give me? This is the best method to get a discount, pitching dealers against each other.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 08:44   #850
BHPian

Hey Guys, facing issue with Ventilated seats on my Virtus GT. I do hear the fan working but the ventilation seems very ineffective and can barely feel it. Anyone else facing similar issue?
Old 2nd January 2023, 10:51   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys, facing issue with Ventilated seats on my Virtus GT. I do hear the fan working but the ventilation seems very ineffective and can barely feel it. Anyone else facing similar issue?
Well the ventilated seats of virtus (and Slavia, kushaq and Taigun) doesn't have any supply directly from the AC, they just have blowers which circulates the cabin air. So only when the cabin of the car gets cooled enough you feel the effect of cooling.
Old 2nd January 2023, 22:36   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Well the ventilated seats of virtus (and Slavia, kushaq and Taigun) doesn't have any supply directly from the AC, they just have blowers which circulates the cabin air. So only when the cabin of the car gets cooled enough you feel the effect of cooling.
Thats true but I dont feel the air coming out of the perforated leatherette as it used to a few days back. I dont feel any difference with them turned on as I could easily feel the difference previously.
Old 2nd January 2023, 23:10   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Thats true but I dont feel the air coming out of the perforated leatherette as it used to a few days back. I dont feel any difference with them turned on as I could easily feel the difference previously.
Then you should visit the service center and make them check your car, you can compare side by side with a different car and see the difference too.
Old 3rd January 2023, 14:24   #854
BHPian

Hello All, have a query regarding reverse parking camera. Had the 6 months checkup last week. Before that the view from reverse camera on screen was well lit. But after the service, the on screen image has become darker. I park in basement, so no issues with the display. My question is whether the light beside the camera illuminates normally, is that why it was well lit earlier. Now the light does not illuminate.
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:08   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Air won't come out of the seats. Air gets sucked in and exits out of the seat bottom. It should also be audible due to the fan noise.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks