Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2022, 12:29   #751
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Where did you get the mats from
Can you post more detailed pics of the mats. I have been searching for these type ( gfx/lifelong mats) since the day I bought it.
Old 23rd October 2022, 13:06   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Where did you get the mats from
Can you post more detailed pics of the mats. I have been searching for these type ( gfx/lifelong mats) since the day I bought it.
I am not sure if this is posed to me - these mats were given by VW as part of the 12k accessory pack.

I found these pretty good quality and easier to dust/maintain compared to those 5d/7d gimmicks. Looks to be quite durable too.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-15ed28c9178142d28752ed942fcf7cba.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-d1d30d92caca48eb93c9a76084270979.jpeg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-e101f811ea134a06a3e273ce240f0c79.jpeg  

Last edited by Pequod : 23rd October 2022 at 13:08.
Pequod is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 14:06   #753
BHPian

Have bought a Virtus 1.0 AT for my dad.

The only complaints he has is the overtly loud indicator sound in the cabin and the obnoxious rear view camera.

I did find the indicator sound a bit annoying especially after he mentioned it and the camera quality is soo poor that it makes it redundant to use.

Please advice if there's any replacement rear cameras available without voiding the warranty or replacing the Head unit or excessive wiring.

Thank you.
Old 25th October 2022, 17:02   #754
BHPian

The GT has completed two months and 3000 KMs now, happy to report that I have not experienced any issue. City drives are smooth and highway drives are FAST when needed, overtakes are easy with the right leg just waiting to get down .

After so much fun I had to gift her back something, got ceramic done last week. It surely does turn heads out on the street-I see too many Slavia's on road compared to Virtus(that too GT), so lesser GTs could be the reason but full marks to VW for sticking to their design language-Striking and Sporty.

The GOOD:
1. Looks - Though subjective but it definitely looks sportier than its competitors.
2. Performance - Nothing comes close, even VAGs 1L is more than enough until you reach 120-130, 1.5L on the other hand is just phenomenal.
3. Handling- Yes the Vento/Polo were a tad better but this seems not far behind, the engine has to be coupled with great handling to make things perfect which is the case here.
4. Efficiency- Have been receiving 18+ KMPL consistently with 4 onboard and full luggage, could not expect more for such performance. City drives are returning 12-14.
5. Build- Car feels well put better, doors are lighter than Polo/Vento but still much ahead of what Koreans or Japs give. Few inconsistent gaps can be seen though. The 5 star safety rating from GNCAP for MQB-IN platform cars-Taigun/Kushaq recently was the final flourish needed. Thank you VAG for not diluting products for India .

The BAD:
1. Rear Camera- I thought only Honda City provides such a crap rear camera but then I myself bought something which gives a pretty good competition to City on that front .
2. Lights- While the low beam is pretty good, high beam seems useless-nothing much seems to change when you change beams . Within city, low beams serves well but when roads are empty on open expressways the high beam does help which seems almost non-functional.

Few snaps after the ceramic:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_5711.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_5712.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_5438.jpg  

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 25th October 2022 at 17:06.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 22:17   #755
BHPian

Hi Everyone!

Completed 1100 happy kms with my 25 day old Topline MT. It's been great and efficiency is really better than expected. It got Best of both worlds - power when you need it or just efficient when you drive sedately.

Even I'd like to know more about replacing the camera. Isn't it a plug play replacement? Not possible to just install a higher quality camera in the same module ? Experts please suggest.

Also thinking of PPF @ 50k from Galaxy Car Care in New Delhi. It's an entire package of exterior maintenance including 2 years unconditional replacement of PPF damaged parts.
Old 26th October 2022, 14:34   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
5. Build- Car feels well put better, doors are lighter than Polo/Vento but still much ahead of what Koreans or Japs give. Few inconsistent gaps can be seen though. The 5 star safety rating from GNCAP for MQB-IN platform cars-Taigun/Kushaq recently was the final flourish needed. Thank you VAG for not diluting products for India .
Thank you for the concise report.

I took quite a long test drive of both the Virtus (1.0 Topline AT- 40 mins- Apple auto VW Whitefield had no 1.5 DSG test cars) and the Slavia (1.5 DSG- 2 X 45 mins- the folks at Raja Skoda Whitefield BLR were incredibly eager and patient). I even drove one of these to my basement and parked it next to my 2018 Verna 1.6 CRDi and my wife's 2011 Fabia 1.2 TDI and did a thorough back to back.

The door thud and heft is identical to my Verna's. In fact the handle on the test car was rattling (test car had 8k kms on the clock). The Fabia is at another level when it comes to perceived build, it is abank vault on wheels.

Interior build in terms of fit and finish and materials used is comparable to my Verna's, no wow factor here. Interior space is cavernous, so is the boot.

Leather seats were OK at best and the Aircon also was alright, seemed to get the job done.

Sunroof operation was glitchy on the test car.

While the 1.5 is a technological masterpiece, it did not give me the "fizz" at city speeds. Highway speeds is where it is at with this engine. Post 2k RPM it pulled very nicely even with 4 people on board, I was impressed. During my test drive, the FE being displayed was around 8.5 km/l.

The ride is fantastic and I would give it a 10/10. My Verna is also a 10/10 but my car had fresh Conti UC6's, barely 2 weeks old, at that time, so the ride on the VAG twins in my opinion is the segment benchmark.

Handling, I cannot comment on because, lets face it very few of us reach the limits of a car during test drives, or even over the duration of ownership of their own car (handling and grip are two separate things, in my opinion).

What I can comment on is the sense of stability and confidence the chassis inspires to carry on at speed (steady state grip, if you will). With a Ford Fiesta classic 1.6 SXi as my benchmark (10/10), I would give my Verna a 7.5/10 (8/10 if you upgrade the tyres ),the City a 7/10, the Vento a 9/10 and the Slavia/Virtus an 8/10. The Verna loses out only on high speed ride over poorly made expansion joints and mid corner bumps when it is fully loaded with 4 PAX. There is very little between these cars when it comes to straight line stability.

My observations are based on driving all the cars mentioned above back to back at some point

I have been tempted to sell my diesel car, to take advantage of the sellers market out there and rid myself of the predicted risk of owning a diesel in a large city in the future AND get myself a high revving refined and powerful turbo petrol in return.

However after having driven every new sedan on sale in the market within my budget, I have come to realize that they offer nothing substantial over the cars we already own and simply not worth the additional outlay.

All in all, I have decided to hang on to my Verna .

Last edited by ashivas89 : 26th October 2022 at 14:38. Reason: Minor corrections
ashivas89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 17:20   #757
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Virtus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
After so much fun I had to gift her back something, got ceramic done last week.
I see this is a Maharashtra car. I was wondering If you could share the price for the full body ceramic you went with and from where?
Also, any reason you did not consider the PPF coating instead?

Thank you.
Old 26th October 2022, 18:56   #758
BANNED

We cannot get a comparable sedan for a price point of 20 lakhs today,when I bought the global Ford Fiesta 1.5 diesel titanium in the year 2015 for 12.5 OTR, even after considering the inflation as well the profit making by the manufacturers nothing substantial is being offered by the sedans in this price range,except the electronics which will not at all add to the pure driving experience of the car.
Timeline 1967 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 22:35   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

I see this is a Maharashtra car. I was wondering If you could share the price for the full body ceramic you went with and from where?
Also, any reason you did not consider the PPF coating instead?
Car came to Ahmedabad next day after delivery , ceramic was done from a known person in AMD for 25k. I did not find PPF that much value for the amount which was quoted by few dealers (mostly 50k+).
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 08:56   #760
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
We cannot get a comparable sedan for a price point of 20 lakhs today,when I bought the global Ford Fiesta 1.5 diesel titanium in the year 2015 for 12.5 OTR, even after considering the inflation as well the profit making by the manufacturers nothing substantial is being offered by the sedans in this price range,except the electronics which will not at all add to the pure driving experience of the car.
But companies will only offer you 'what sells in the market'. In the era where the main criteria for car buying becomes 'tackling potholes (high ground clearance), crawling traffic (automatic gearbox), A to B travel (creature comforts) etc., it's pretty much evident what people actually need. Else this forum which is being considered as enthusiasts' paradise, would be only having the posts pertaining to pure driving experience cars. I would say this forum is 90% of our Indian market, which is expected as we all are Indians and our priorities are not only driven by 'driving fun'.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 09:14   #761
BANNED

Don't make" fun" of others' perceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
But companies will only offer you 'what sells in the market'.
Sedans are not 90% of the market !!

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th October 2022 at 10:04. Reason: back to back posts merged. Trimmed quoted posts.
Old 27th October 2022, 13:50   #762
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
Don't make" fun" of others' perceptions.

Sedans are not 90% of the market !!
I did not understand the above comments. I did not make 'fun of anyone's perceptions' in the above post. Sedans (fun to drive or not) are not 90% of the market, isn't this the same I was also trying to imply although not stressing just on sedan, but 'fun to drive cars' as a whole. Manufacturer if aiming for profit will always come up with those things which 'sells in the market'. Period. Else they would become the 'next Ford or GM' in India.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 20:54   #763
BHPian

I had given my Virtus for the first 1000 KM Checkup, the service advisor told me that there was a campaign that has to be carried out for my car. I asked him what is it about, he told me that they have to put sealant in places where water can enter and cause rust and showed me a note for the same (can't remember the exact words). I was promised delivery of the car in 4 hours.

After 4 hours I received a call that it would take more time as they have to remove panels and work (he also told me that it was their first time doing it and hence it was taking more time). Got a call after 2 more hours that they have cracked my windshield by mistake and they will replace it for free and it would take 3 days.

Honestly the first 1000 KM checkup has turned to a nightmare service for me. Has anyone else had this campaign stuff done to their car?? Also please let me know how to check if the windshield is replaced correctly and if i should take anything in written from them for this?
Old 28th October 2022, 21:12   #764
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92 View Post
I had given my Virtus for the first 1000 KM Checkup, the service advisor told me that there was a campaign that has to be carried out for my car. I asked him what is it about, he told me that they have to put sealant in places where water can enter and cause rust and showed me a note for the same (can't remember the exact words). I was promised delivery of the car in 4 hours.

After 4 hours I received a call that it would take more time as they have to remove panels and work (he also told me that it was their first time doing it and hence it was taking more time). Got a call after 2 more hours that they have cracked my windshield by mistake and they will replace it for free and it would take 3 days.

Honestly the first 1000 KM checkup has turned to a nightmare service for me. Has anyone else had this campaign stuff done to their car?? Also please let me know how to check if the windshield is replaced correctly and if i should take anything in written from them for this?
At first, I would suggest visiting there personally to check the state your car is in. And ask them to get the windscreen in stock and get it done when they have it. Leaving it for 3 days for this job makes little sense , especially with you in the dark.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 22:05   #765
BHPian

Guys please change the stock wipers. They are of horrible quality. With less than 3000kms and one monsoon the blades have already come out of their holder. Seems to be a major quality issue. I just hope my glass is not scratched. If any one had replaced their wipers please share pics with links and details Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221023_110243.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221023_110236.jpg  

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221023_110230.jpg  

raycers_honda is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks