Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2024, 18:34   #2026

Re: 2024 Virtus GT DSG: 2000 Kms Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Congrats on your purchase and which you many happy miles with it. One question though - I thought the GT came with black alloys..or is that another variant.

Drive on,
Shibu
I too have same question, this one is identical to my Highline's. Seems black alloys are for GT Plus. But personally, Topline's alloys look best.
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:30   #2027

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
One question though - I thought the GT came with black alloys..or is that another variant.

Drive on,
Shibu
This is the first variant in dynamic line (1.5L). GT Plus has black alloys and a bunch of other features like 6 airbags, ventilated seats, sunroof etc.
adith97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:35   #2028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katryks View Post
Great Choice,

I purchased mine in Nov 2023 and has been a great ownership till date. I am a bit surprised that you found Honda City not that comfortable compared to the Virtus. I have driven City for more than 10 years and the amount of space and comfort it offers is one of the best in the segment (definetely more than Virtus when it comes to the space).
Thank you. I'm 6ft 3 inches and for my height City was a uncomfortable. I always by default keep the AC at its lowest setting and it works fine for me.
Old 3rd May 2024, 23:04   #2029

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Quick question folks.
Does Virtus GT Plus (older 1.5 DSG model) have dual or single horns?
While sometimes, it sounds good enough, other times it feels feeble than the dual horn I have on my stock 2013 i20.

I keep wondering if I need to change to the VW Trumpets or let it be. I don't use it much but it's more or less necessary in City traffic.
Hi,

Blindly go ahead with the Trumpet Horn, it's worth it, I am very happy with the Trumpet Horn.
TurboCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 23:12   #2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Congrats on your car. I've driven my Virtus DSG close to 20k kilometres now. My suggestion for city use is - "Be gentle on the accelerator when navigating traffic or speed bumps or bad patches of road." It is in these places the DSG slams between 1 and 2 gears. This could be completely avoided if one is very gentle on the accelerator. I've got the hang of it. You too will. I recently drove from Coimbatore to Bangalore and the stats will amaze you- Average speed: 78 kmph, FE: 17.8 km. Covered 360 kilometres in approx 5 hours. I exclusively use only XP95. Night and day difference between regular fuel and XP95 especially when you are revving it hard.

Hi,

I hail from Coimbatore, Used to work in Bangalore & now in Chennai, I travel often between 3 Cities, My Bangalore - Coimbatore drive gave me 19 kmpl once, 100% highway from Nice road to Coimbatore L&T bypass.

In another drive in Sorts mode, I just got 14.8 kmpl, but the car was just wow to drive.

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img20240101wa0017.jpg  

TurboCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 12:38   #2031

Re: Completed 3,000 km on Virtus 1.0 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakshay View Post
Noticed a strange aspect of the analogue speedometer cluster - the cluster lights up in daylight, but as the natural light fades in the evenings, only the needles are lit and numbers aren't. This is in the off or parking lights setting. Very strange configuration, wouldn't it be better if they are lit in the dark and unlit in the daytime? Only when headlights are on does the cluster light up fully.

Before I set off on a Bangalore - Mangalore - Bangalore run, decided to check the alignment and balancing of the wheels at Madhu's. They were surprised that I wanted to check on a car run just 2k kms but obliged. There were minor corrections made to both alignment and balancing, I'm sensitive to all sensations in a car and I felt it wasn't quite 100% after getting delivery. Glad I got it checked. Also filled Nitrogen in the tyres which is probably more of a psychological benefit than anything.

The speedometer's behavior is pretty normal, and it's a gentle reminder to switch on the headlight. I've seen people driving with only DRL, and to avoid such things, Volkswagen might decided to use this approach to make people turn on their lights when auto lights aren't available.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th May 2024 at 12:48. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
sha_RON_p is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks