Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2022, 16:03   #331
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjm View Post
Even the non max variants (except the xz+ dark) have got a price hike upwards of 2%

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12442832.html
Oh this is news to me. Seems the prices are changed unevenly across the range.
Old 12th July 2022, 16:17   #332
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure if my math is wrong or maybe Tata just has a different math. They claimed that the price hike would be by a "weighted average increase" of 0.55%. But even assuming the topmost variant of the EV Max, at ₹60000 this is more of a 3% increase. So how does Tata's math work
Well, they did say its the weighted average, we don't know what weight they have given for the EV Max. If we look at the price increase for ICE vehicles, the % increase seem to vary between 0.2 to 0.8 to take an example.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220712-4.11.52-pm.png

See screenshot above, since the weight given for the 3% increase is only 10, the weighted average is only 0.58.
In case of Tata, if they assigned weights based on the sales numbers for example, the weight given to EV Max would be very very low which would explain why the weighted average is only 0.55% but the increase for the EV Max is 3+%
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 22:08   #333

Will the Prime eventually become the max without the larger battery https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...rom-max-425079
anandjm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 09:28   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Will the Prime eventually become the max without the larger battery https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...rom-max-425079
I think this was always the idea and seems the very reason Tata didn't put Max badge in the new variants. Now all their EVs can be called variants rather than a completely new product thereby reducing the remorse of the old car owners.

Also I feel that this is a very good move by Tata and even Max owners should be excited as this also gives us hope that our Max won't be outdated after 2-3 years down the line as we can get new features OTT.

As much as I would like to be excited, Tata can only do so much as the Nexon Prime will be getting the Cruise Control and Regen options as a Menu option rather than physical buttons, so the usability might be little bit affected.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5356563 (Tata Nexon EV Prime with Multi-Mode Regen launched)

Now coming to the topic of Max variants being VFM, I think these below features outweigh the cost difference already,
  1. Bigger Battery approx 10kw which itself costs more than 2lakhs in today's price.
  2. Wireless charger
  3. All wheel disc brakes
  4. Powerful Motor
  5. Jeweled Gear Knob
  6. Electronic Parking
  7. Auto Dimming IRVM
  8. Auto Hold
  9. Air Purifier
  10. Ventilated Seats

This list itself is worth more money than the current difference. And having physical buttons for all this is another plus.

There are also hidden features like IVBAC, ESP which are one of the most underrated ones in this car. So people buying Max can be rest assured that Tata isn't so dumb to outdate their just launched car.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 12:10   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Hey Guys,

So my car is finally on transit (via Truck, don't know why they said Train before) and my delivery is planned for 17th after PDI and everything.

Anyone thinking of getting the PPF done for the Max? Also I was told that installing an USB Dashcam will void the warranty. Any idea on this as well.

Please do suggest if you are thinking about any other must have accessories like Scuff plate etc. Although I do want scuff plates, showroom only had illuminated and I don't want any new internal wiring done in my EV
congratulations. I had got my Max delivered on 30th of June and gave it to PPF with Krithi Car care on 5th July. Owner is Mr. Krishna Prasad and he is also a bhpian.
I enquired at 3 to 4 places on PPF and everyone is quoting almost around 90 K for PPF on entire car and ceramic coating for front glass and sunroof. Some other coating for plastics and alloys. Went with Kriti car care as there are good reviews about them in team BHP. They will do an inspection after 15 days or so and provide me some direction

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220713_115909.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220713_115934.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img20220708wa0006.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img20220708wa0013.jpg

Scuff plates, I had got it installed from outside and regarding the dash cam, when I enquired no one mentioned about void warranties, but most of them did mention hard wiring (opening the fuse box and connecting the wires there) for enabling recording in parking mode. So I have dropped the idea for the time being.

For PDI pay extra attention and make a note of irregularities in paint and finishing and inform the dealer upfront. They will be able to fix them before delivery or if not during first service free of charge.
Even better if you shortlist any PPF guys, request them to help you with PDI and I think most would oblige with minimal fees or free of charge.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 21:07   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmunjuluri View Post
Chose the 7d mats of tata, trunk carpet mat, mud flaps and door edge guard. Need to check out the Sil guard, door visor and bumper protector when I go to perform PDI in another 3 to 4 working days.
Could you please share the breakup cost of the different accessories you purchased if you don't mind? Was the 7D mats made specifically for the EV Max or is this part of the common Nexon accessories package?

I was given the following prices, no extra fitment charges.

Trunk Mat 3D Moulded - Rs 3433
Sun Shade 4 pcs - Rs 3000
7D Mads - Rs 6700
Old 15th July 2022, 10:42   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Could you please share the breakup cost of the different accessories you purchased if you don't mind?

Trunk Mat 3D Moulded - Rs 3433
Sun Shade 4 pcs - Rs 3000
7D Mads - Rs 6700
They will be providing discounts, so start bargaining. If you can get atleast 20% discount then it is a decent deal. They do not have 7D flor mats which fit the EV. They only have the ones which fit ICE Nexon. Last week when I went to the workshop they called the tata team and the TATA team was telling them it will be atleast end of July before 7D mats which fit MAX might be available. Showroom people have added 3D door mats as temporary till I get the 7D mats.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220608_144750.jpg

I got sill plates and door Visor without Crome from outside car accessories shop for around 1600.
Number plate case also I purchased from the showroom for around INR 479. I would suggest you to buy that as well.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 10:28   #338

I had booked the Nexon EV Max, XZ+ Lux variant on 12th of May, 2022 in Bhubaneswar at Trupti Motors.

I got contacted today about the increase in price (60,000/-) by the showroom. When I asked how many people in Bhubaneswar have had the car delivered at the initial price it launched with, I did not get a clear answer.

Considering that I had booked the car the day after it was launched, and have been waiting for it for over 2 months, having to pay this additional 60k doesn't seem fair. Expected TATA to provide some price protection. I will write to their customer support and see what comes out of it.
rogues is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 16:53   #339
BHPian

My vehicle delivery is getting delayed due to issues with temp registration (as I would be permanently registering in KA and taking delivery in KL). Hoping the registration process completes by early next week.

Quote:
They will be providing discounts, so start bargaining. If you can get atleast 20% discount then it is a decent deal. They do not have 7D flor mats which fit the EV. They only have the ones which fit ICE Nexon.

Thanks! I will talk to them, I tried asking for discounts, and they were like there is no fitment charges etc so this is the best price. Anyway I thought will sit with them and finalise the amount once I go to get the car.

Regarding the 7D mats, initially the accessories person said its available but today he called me saying, there is "no stock" of the 7D mat and then later said that his team informed him that there is some "quality issue". I am guessing its the same case as you mentioned. He said it would be available by next week so he will give the vehicle with the regular rubber mats (which is apparently included with the vehicle) and after a week I can come in for installation of the 7D mats.

Quote:
I got sill plates and door Visor without Crome from outside car accessories shop for around 1600.
Number plate case also I purchased from the showroom for around INR 479. I would suggest you to buy that as well.
Ah, even I asked the dealer whether the scuff plates and door visor are available without chrome and he is like, no chrome adds to the beauty . Personally I am not a chrome fan so I'll do the same as what you did and get it from an outside shop.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 19:00   #340
BHPian

Quote:
My vehicle delivery is getting delayed due to issues with temp registration (as I would be permanently registering in KA and taking delivery in KL). Hoping the registration process completes by early next week.

Thanks! I will talk to them, I tried asking for discounts, and they were like there is no fitment charges etc so this is the best price. Anyway I thought will sit with them and finalise the amount once I go to get the car.

Regarding the 7D mats, initially the accessories person said its available but today he called me saying, there is "no stock" of the 7D mat and then later said that his team informed him that there is some "quality issue".
Hopefully your registration issue gets resolved fast.

Regarding the floor mats, I am planning for full waterproof layer which costs around 3.5k. Please also check yourself as I feel whatever mat you put there will always be dirt and mud that gets inside and dirty the rug underneath.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 09:16   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Regarding the floor mats, I am planning for full waterproof layer which costs around 3.5k.
Let me know how this goes. I was thinking of it initially, then dropped the idea as the battery and wires are below the body and I am not sure how well these car decor guys know Nexon EV to not touch any unwanted wires or metal parts.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 10:52   #342

Quote:
Nexon EV Max price increased by 60k, starting at Rs 18,34,000 now. Luckily mine was billed on June 30th, so I still get the old price. SA shared that the vehicle reached the yard this morning and is in the process of being unloaded.

Attachment 2331995

Attachment 2331996
Yes, you are right. I booked on May 18 EV MAx Z+ 3.3 and when dealer SA called yesterday that my vehicle is ready for billing, he sent me the price of Rs. 18,34,000.
Old 17th July 2022, 10:58   #343

All Nexon EV Max owners: please guide me on a few points:

1. I booked by NExon EV Max Z+ 3.3 on May 18, 2022 and on Friday, the 15th, dealer SA (Prerna Motors, Rajajinagar, Bengaluru) called to say my vehicle is ready for billing.

2. On PDI, he mentioned it is in Nelamangala yard and they would do the PDI. Is this the norm or we are allowed to do PDI before delivery or registration?

3. On Insurance, I got a quote of Rs. 56,280 from my insurance agent whilst the SA finally came down to about Rs. 58,500. Not too much difference. Your views?

4. The standard accessrories are priced at Rs. 15,500. Is that standard or you would advise me getting it done outside at lower cost?

5. Is the SA supposed to give me the chasis number before I make payment?

What has been your experience driving outside city during monsoon? Have you experienced any issue? Does it drain battery faster or normal during monsoon?

Look forward to your views

Regards
Old 17th July 2022, 13:07   #344
BHPian

Since I see lot of members have bought the EV max so wanted to ask do you'll have a telegram/whatsapp group of owners ?
Old 17th July 2022, 13:07   #345
Senior - BHPian

I can share my experience on Nexon EV purchase from Prerana Motors, Jakkur earlier this year - hope it helps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan93 View Post
Is this the norm or we are allowed to do PDI before delivery or registration?
For some strange reason, Tata dealers do not allow customers to conduct PDI till full payment is made. I have never seen this with any other brand/dealer. Despite multiple attempts, I was allowed PDI (not at the yard but they got the car down to the showroom) only after I paid the full amount. I was really put off by this stance and shared the same in my post-sales feedback to Tata Motors as well.

Quote:
On Insurance, I got a quote of Rs. 56,280 from my insurance agent whilst the SA finally came down to about Rs. 58,500. Not too much difference. Your views?
Not much of a difference. Better to go with dealer for seamless delivery experience.

Quote:
The standard accessrories are priced at Rs. 15,500. Is that standard or you would advise me getting it done outside at lower cost?
This is mostly individual preference but all I opted for was floor mats and mud flaps. You can choose to pick some of those, and not necessarily the entire pack.

Quote:
Is the SA supposed to give me the chasis number before I make payment?
For all my earlier car purchases, this has been the norm but as quoted above, Tata dealers won't do this till you make full payment. Very annoying.

Quote:
Does it drain battery faster or normal during monsoon?
Only additional battery drain would be due to wipers running constantly, which would be marginal. So, not significant difference.
cool_dube is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks