Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 18:49   #751
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Over the last weekend, I did a 750-odd kms round trip between Chennai and Yercaud, with some detours in between.

The car has no major issues going anywhere (Yercaud has relatively few hairpin bends anyway). The paddle shifters did come to use though, to make quick downshifts while climbing. I did not feel a lack of power anywhere with 4 folks and a full boot, though the noise made its way into the cabin at higher rpms.

Fuel economy on the highways hovered between 18 and 20 kmpl, with no cruise control, AC running and speed between 80 and 90 kmph. Got a measly 5-7 kmpl while climbing up and down. Overall fuel economy (tank to tank) for the entire trip came out to be exactly 16.26. Not bad for a square box of a car.
Small Bot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 19:15   #752

Recently got my Brezza ZXI MT in pearl arctic white. It comes with the black painted alloy wheels but I really liked the diamond cut alloys that come with the top end variant. I really don't want to spend another 40k just for the new alloys so i thought of getting the alloys painted professionally in a dual tone manner. Can fellow members suggest me whether this is a good idea and if yes any good paint shop recommendations that do alloy wheel painting in Bengaluru will be much appreciated.

I came across this YouTube video that might help understand.
sentinel733 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 20:07   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
Over the last weekend, I did a 750-odd kms round trip between Chennai and Yercaud, with some detours in between.

The car has no major issues going anywhere (Yercaud has relatively few hairpin bends anyway). The paddle shifters did come to use though, to make quick downshifts while climbing. I did not feel a lack of power anywhere with 4 folks and a full boot, though the noise made its way into the cabin at higher rpms.

Fuel economy on the highways hovered between 18 and 20 kmpl, with no cruise control, AC running and speed between 80 and 90 kmph. Got a measly 5-7 kmpl while climbing up and down. Overall fuel economy (tank to tank) for the entire trip came out to be exactly 16.26. Not bad for a square box of a car.
How is the progress above 100 and how is the AC performance with sunroof?
Old 5th June 2023, 21:40   #754
BHPian

I took delivery of my ZXI+ Auto 25th May.

Last week I had my first trip from Pune to Ratnagiri and further down towards Sindhudurg district.

Mileage -
As the car is still new I used Cruise control of 68 to 70 most of the times on highways. The total distance was 860 km. I was alone in car with AC on, the display showed mileage of 20 overall.

At start till I leave highway it was around 23 but then the road after is single and all hilly area and some local drive here and there, so it went down to 18.8 and recovered to exactly 20 as I reached home.

Driving on hilly roads -
Maybe I was alone did not face any issue, there are few very Stiff climbs so much so that you do not see the road for some distance, but this was no issue except for high engine noise.

A/C -
As there were clouds and little rain during return journey, I had to reduce the flow to speed 1, and for few minutes I actually turned it off, may be overall 30 min.

Headlights -
I found them sufficient and better than my 2017 i20 Halogens.

Questions - I have few questions

As I come to parking, the car is in D mode and so it stops because of Idle stop mechanism but at the same time I also want to turn off the engine, so I slot it to P, at that time the car starts again only to switch it off as I use push button. Is this expected behaviour? Am I missing something?

I am facing some pains near right thigh while driving especially when using accelerator, I did some googling. It seems it is due to angle of leg / position. I tried pushing the seat back and now to front side but still not able to get best position. Any suggestions?

The idle stop functionality is not available at start of drive every time after every break of 3-4 hours of first drive in the morning. It works after 10-15 min of drive. As this happened on first day, I thought the battery is not yet charged but after 900 or km still this behaviour persists. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Last edited by sanjubaba : 5th June 2023 at 21:43.
sanjubaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 20:13   #755
BHPian

Another month, another trip to the mountains!

Had the opportunity to take my car to a secluded homestay in Lava, Darjeeling. A round trip of 1400 odd KMs returned around 16 kmpl mileage through bad, good and mountain roads.

The final 1.5 KM to the homestay was a mud and stone road where the GC was really helpful. At one section there were two short stretches of 20 degree inclines on loose earth and rock on a narrow road (mountain on one side and a drop on the other side), where the car lost traction and stalled. It had to be reversed 15-20 feet, and could finally make it with momentum.

We suspect the tires are partially at fault here (lots of squeals, and free rotation according to spotters).
However, one encounters such roads and sections very rarely, and the car did make it in the end - after a few tries, so I am happy!

Sharing a few clicks by our resident car clicker BHPian mi2n..

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-fb_img_1686062110947.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-fb_img_1686062116690.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-fb_img_1686062119472.jpg

Last edited by cr4nkshaft : 6th June 2023 at 20:14.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 09:29   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel733 View Post
Can fellow members suggest me whether this is a good idea and if yes any good paint shop recommendations that do alloy wheel painting in Bengaluru will be much appreciated.
I have nothing against painting the alloy wheels. But one slight caution, if it is not done really well, the paint is prone to peeling off since it is always in motion. I've seen cars with the aftermarket alloy paint peeling off and it spoiled the looks of the car. So please get it done at a really reputed place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
How is the progress above 100 and how is the AC performance with sunroof?
I pushed the car above 100 only a few occasions, when I needed quick overtakes on an undivided highway. I'd be honest and say that while it does grunt to maybe 110-120, it seems to take some effort and noise to get there. Maybe because of 4 people inside and a completely full boot. In short, this car can handle cruising at 80-100 kmph, but anything more is going to be a little strained.

AC performance was actually really good. Stellar chilling even at 4 bars of blower and temp set to 25°C. I kept the sunroof cover closed during daylight and it actually blocks the sun, unlike the mesh thingy in the Grand Vitara. I think most Maruti cars score high in the AC department. I did switch off AC and lower the windows while climbing the hills because the temperature outside was hovering around 21°C and some passengers felt nauseous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
I took delivery of my ZXI+ Auto 25th May.

Questions - I have few questions

As I come to parking, the car is in D mode and so it stops because of Idle stop mechanism but at the same time I also want to turn off the engine, so I slot it to P, at that time the car starts again only to switch it off as I use push button. Is this expected behaviour? Am I missing something?

I am facing some pains near right thigh while driving especially when using accelerator, I did some googling. It seems it is due to angle of leg / position. I tried pushing the seat back and now to front side but still not able to get best position. Any suggestions?

The idle stop functionality is not available at start of drive every time after every break of 3-4 hours of first drive in the morning. It works after 10-15 min of drive. As this happened on first day, I thought the battery is not yet charged but after 900 or km still this behaviour persists. Is this how it is supposed to work?
Congratulations on the new car!

Yes, the car has a somewhat aggressive start-stop mechanism. What I do is to move the gear to P, wait for around 3-5 mins, while I disconnect my phone, switch off everything else, collect all my belongings and then turn off the engine before getting off.

On the driving posture, I had a similar issue with my right thigh because of the angle. I found that my driver's seat was pushed up to the maximum seat height at the time of delivery. Lowering the seat height helped me to solve this. It might work for you as well.

I have seen that several times, the start-stop mechanism switches off and turns on the engine even when the battery is not drained. My assumption is that the AC chills better when the engine is running, and therefore the mechanism turns the engine on when the cabin temperature goes above a certain level. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Small Bot : 7th June 2023 at 09:51. Reason: To multi-quote
Small Bot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 17:00   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post

I pushed the car above 100 only a few occasions, when I needed quick overtakes on an undivided highway. I'd be honest and say that while it does grunt to maybe 110-120, it seems to take some effort and noise to get there. Maybe because of 4 people inside and a completely full boot. In short, this car can handle cruising at 80-100 kmph, but anything more is going to be a little strained.

AC performance was actually really good. Stellar chilling even at 4 bars of blower and temp set to 25°C. I kept the sunroof cover closed during daylight and it actually blocks the sun, unlike the mesh thingy in the Grand Vitara. I think most Maruti cars score high in the AC department. I did switch off AC and lower the windows while climbing the hills because the temperature outside was hovering around 21°C and some passengers felt nauseous.
Thanks for the update 🙏
Old 10th June 2023, 19:13   #758
BHPian

What’s the waiting period for new automatic Brezza? One of my relatives has booked one and they’re waiting for close to 6 months now and there’s no delivery timelines in sight.
Old 14th June 2023, 10:06   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
What’s the waiting period for new automatic Brezza? One of my relatives has booked one and they’re waiting for close to 6 months now and there’s no delivery timelines in sight.
When I bought my ZXI manual last month in Bangalore I also enquired about the automatics, I was told that the orders for automatics are backed up to like 3 months or more for higher variants and lower variants would take even longer because of the semiconductor shortage and all, so went with manual which I got it in 6 weeks.
Old 20th June 2023, 13:51   #760
BHPian

I took a slightly different route than what Google Baba suggested, while returning to Chennai from Bangalore. This was the Kolar-Chittoor-Ranipet route.
Absolutely breathtaking road. Not just the scenery, the road itself was so smooth and devoid of random undulations. Even the road noise was kind of muted.
I made the cardinal sin of not taking photos, but here are the trip stats for that particularly stunning Kolar to Chittoor stretch from the Connect app. The car enjoyed the ride as much as I did.
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-screenshot_20230618203512.png
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 12:17   #761
BHPian

A quick question to all Brezza owners in Mumbai using the car for daily city drive. What is the Fuel Economy that you are able to get? I have so far been able to get around 14.6 to 15.3 kmpl with AC at 24.5 degrees and at peak travel time (9 to 10 am and 8 to 9 pm) from Suburb to South Mumbai. My travel distance is around 58 km round trip with use of Sea Link on both routes.
Gamemaztr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 08:08   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamemaztr View Post
A quick question to all Brezza owners in Mumbai using the car for daily city drive. What is the Fuel Economy that you are able to get?
I have driven my Brezza mostly in Chennai, parts of TN and in Bangalore, so I cannot talk about Mumbai specifically. But I assume traffic and road conditions are not too very different, probably better even.

I feel the fuel economy stats you've posted are pretty much on par with what I get on a regular basis.

I usually get somewhere around 11 to 15 kmpl on any city drive longer than 10 kms, though it can go above that if I drive with a light right foot. And around 8-10 kmpl for crawling bumper to bumper traffic or very short distance drives of a few kms. Highway fuel economy is brilliant in this car though, as several members have posted earlier - you can get over 19 kmpl without breaking a sweat, if the roads are good and you cruise in double digit speeds.

And I have an AT, btw. It helps with smooth driving. Rather, I don't think it responds well if you want to be reckless, I feel like the engine wants to scold me if I downshift enthusiastically. A schoolmarm of a car.
Small Bot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 13:58   #763
BHPian

Well, I expect the traffic in Chennai to be on par with the Mumbai traffic. We were actually going to go for the auto. Seems our decision to stick to the manual may pay us off. However, what I have observed is that the car sounds more refined and is a bit more economical when we feed her the normal 91 Octane Petrol. 95 Octane makes the engine sound a bit harsh to me and the mileage figures drop as well. Otherwise I don't feel any performance drop. Has anyone noticed this or this is happening to our car only? Anyways, will let know about this to the MASS when the car goes in for the third service.

Last edited by Gamemaztr : 22nd June 2023 at 14:25. Reason: Clarified the issue.
Gamemaztr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 21:29   #764
BHPian

I checked out the Brezza ZXI AT today at Magic Auto, Sector 20, Dwarka, Delhi.

The steering return-to-centre action is still not ideal. It seems better than the Baleno, but my 2011 i10's steering returns to centre almost automatically after a u-turn, whereas in Brezza, I still had to give some input to return it back fully. I've experienced driving a Dzire over 1000 km road trip, and I remember my arms working overtime to correct even small changes on slightly winding roads.

Question: Is there any Maruti car in which is it perfect now? Does this aspect of the Brezza cause any extra soreness/tiredness in the arms over 600+ km drives?

The dealer is charging INR 4000 for MCD parking charges, INR 885 for Auto card charges, and INR 13,888 for Accessories. 5th year warranty is also added without being asked.

Question: Has anyone been able to get them not to charge these extras?

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-whatsapp-image-20230622-21.25.01.jpeg
Old 23rd June 2023, 19:38   #765
BHPian

I will answer my own question for others' reference :P

I went for test drives to the Nexa showroom today.

I did the following two steering tests on Baleno, Fronx and Ignis (which I had done on the Brezza too).
1. In a straight line, on a wide road, while in the middle lane - try to deviate the car slightly towards the right or left, and see if the steering self centres.
2. Take a slow u-turn, and accelerate slightly out of it, to see if the steering self centres.

I am pleased to report that Fronx passed both the tests!
Ignis passed test 2, but failed test 1. Same for Baleno.
Brezza failed both tests. Test 1 was a complete failure. Test 2 was half failure - there is self centring, but not all the back to the centre; it still needs some manual effort.

About the showroom price additions, Nexa showroom under the same company immediately agreed to slash the accessories down to zero.
SlowDough is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks