Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 08:23   #841
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

My car's left hand ORVM was hit by a biker. It did not seem like a major hit at the time, as his bike didn't wobble and the mirror did not give way like it normally does when bikers swipe it.

But half the clamps inside have snapped and there's a crack exposing the wiring a bit. While the folks at Arena shoved the cover back on, they advised me to get the entire thing replaced, as that mirror is not auto-folding properly when I switch off and lock the car.

Because it has a camera fixed, that setup costs almost 10K is what I'm told (Lower variants have cheaper ORVM sets). So I opted to claim insurance and pay the processing fee only. The Arena folks are very eager to help me with insurance too, probably they get a small commission too.

Life seems simpler when you don't have to worry about NCB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I was thinking of doing a factory reset but didn't do it yet. But my system is already with the latest firmware (March 23 manufactured), no further updates are available.
Yes, no updates in 2023 as far as I know. I have a Jan 2023 manufactured car and there are no OTA updates for my car as well.
Small Bot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 10:51   #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by KebabBoi View Post
Wayyy expensive, don't buy! I got mine for 5k over an year ago, it should actually be slightly cheaper now. Look elsewhere.
My dealer is saying that they have given feed back to Maruti about complaints on ZXI variants not having the front arm rest. He further requested me to wait as the OE armrest by Maruti is in the pipeline.
Old 30th August 2023, 17:47   #843
BHPian

Interesting. At the end of the day it is your buck so your call but I hope you remain wary of the price, given the generic trend of heavily overpricing the accessories for dealers' cuts.
Old 15th September 2023, 09:13   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Hi, I got both front and rear dashcam installed with help of dealer SA last week. Routed the wires via floor to avoid disturbing side air bags.
Attachment 2448955

Attachment 2448956
Thanks to you installed the rear cam yesterday myself and same way as you suggested wiring from below so no issues about airbags on the side.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 19:53   #845
BHPian

My OEM wipers have started acting up and streaking. I blame the nasty combo of intense heat followed by heavy rains, compounded by the fact that I have no choice but to park directly under the sun, at home.

I'm thinking of getting some decent frameless wipers. What are the correct sizes for this set - 24" and 17"?
Old 16th September 2023, 00:07   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
My OEM wipers have started acting up and streaking. I blame the nasty combo of intense heat followed by heavy rains, compounded by the fact that I have no choice but to park directly under the sun, at home.

I'm thinking of getting some decent frameless wipers. What are the correct sizes for this set - 24" and 17"?
Try cleaning the wipers with WD40 and you may be able to pull for a year
I have done it.

ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 12:33   #847
BHPian

Recently went for the 10K service for my Brezza. Had opted for the MCP which is valid for 24 months or 20 K KM.

Had overall paid Rs7437 when I had gone for the 1K free checkup.

Details as below of MCP:

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20230916122358.jpg

During the 10 K service did not pay anything from pocket as it was already covered as part of MCP.

Since the service getting a consistent mileage of around 22 with 4 occupants onboard and 100% ac at speeds between 80 and 90. Within city with a speed between 40 to 60 getting a mileage of approx. 23km/liter

Overall satisfied with the performance of the car.

Last edited by sunbaj : 16th September 2023 at 12:34.
sunbaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 13:25   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Try cleaning the wipers with WD40 and you may be able to pull for a year.
Excellent idea and it worked like a charm. I used WD40 to clean the wiper blades thoroughly and scrubbed out some mud particles and leaf bits which were sticking to the rubber earlier. The wipers worked perfectly in some heavy rains while driving on Saturday night. I decided to keep the OEM wipers for now.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 13:57   #849
BHPian

For information,
if you remove or disconnect the main battery for any reason for some time the traction control light may come and stay on the dashboard for quite some time. It can not be turned off. Also, the idle start stop function wouldn't work. The range display will also stay blank.

It happened to me yesterday and I was about to take the car to service center then after a lot of digging a came across a post in You tube that this happens after battery removal and goes after 15-20 Km of driving.

All the above problems got resolved today after about 15km of run.

Last edited by archat68 : 18th September 2023 at 13:59.
archat68 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 15:13   #850

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Overall satisfied with the performance of the car.
Please give me tips to get 23KMPL in city

I own Brezza MT Smart Hybrid with 3K ODO. In city, I'm getting around 13-14 KMPL only with light footed driving (Upshifts at ~2k RPM)
Nivesh Car Kid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 15:39   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivesh Car Kid View Post

I own Brezza MT Smart Hybrid with 3K ODO. In city, I'm getting around 13-14 KMPL only with light footed driving (Upshifts at ~2k RPM)
First and foremost you will start getting good FE after your car completes 5K kms of running which is both city and highway. Practically I am using Brezza 2022 Zxi+AT since a year and am getting 15-17 kmpl in city and 20-22 kmpl on highway as usually my speeds touch 100 kmph.

Last edited by ACMerchant : 18th September 2023 at 15:40.
ACMerchant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 17:32   #852
BHPian

Quote:

Golden rules as per me to get good mileage:

1. Accelerate at a slow pace (avoid pedal to the metal)
2. Minimize use of brake. Let the car deaccelerate by itself wherever possible.
3. If driving Smart Hybrid/EV minimize usage of clutch

For above all you need patience which most of the drivers lack

If you are in a place like old Delhi then irrespective of how you drive I doubt you would get anything more than 12 to 15 km/liter

Last edited by sunbaj : 18th September 2023 at 17:33.
sunbaj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 17:32   #853
BHPian

Quote:

The answer is to lift your foot off the accelerator from time to time. I'm using an AT, so it's probably a bit easier for me as I don't need to worry about changing gears.

When you take your foot off the accelerator and coast, you actually generate power that goes back into the battery system. The infographic on the MID or the infotainment system will show the power being generated back to the battery. This is especially useful when you are travelling downhill, or down a flyover, and just coasting on an empty highway.

The same is true when you are braking. If you brake moderately you generate electric energy that is put back into the batteries.

But in my experience, the battery charging is more when you coast than when you brake, in Mild Hybrids.

To know when the battery is actually being charged, you'll be able to see a White battery recharge symbol in the MID when you coast.

Once you get used to it, you'll not need to glance at the MID or Infotainment system when you coast and save fuel.

Additionally, if it's not too hot in your area, you can change the Start-stop setting to Economy instead of Standard (default setting) or Comfort (more focus on AC, so switches the engine on much faster), which means that the engine will stay switched off for longer when you're stopped at signal, and more of the stored charge in the battery will be used.
Small Bot is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 17:41   #854

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Golden rules as per me to get good mileage:

1. Accelerate at a slow pace (avoid pedal to the metal)
2. Minimize use of brake. Let the car deaccelerate by itself wherever possible.
3. If driving Smart Hybrid/EV minimize usage of clutch

For above all you need patience which most of the drivers lack

If you are in a place like old Delhi then irrespective of how you drive I doubt you would get anything more than 12 to 15 km/liter
Before Brezza I used to drive, 1.4 Fiesta Durotorq. I usually do clutch then Brake but now as Brezza is Smart Hybrid most of the time in city & Highways I'll do Brake then Clutch.

Throttle also I'm trying to be gentle as possible.

Let me check after 5K ODO.
Old 19th September 2023, 09:58   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Before Brezza I used to drive, 1.4 Fiesta Durotorq. I usually do clutch then Brake but now as Brezza is Smart Hybrid most of the time in city & Highways I'll do Brake then Clutch.

Throttle also I'm trying to be gentle as possible.

Let me check after 5K ODO.
As I quoted earlier you need to go on a long drive outside the city(traffic) where you touch speeds of 80 to 100kmph. Also FE depends on the route and density of traffic on it. Say for example you cover about 20 kms(single way) for your daily commute if the traffic density is high then you will get FE of upto 15kmpl max 17kmpl with ac on. But if the traffic density is less to nil then you will be traveling at speeds of 40-50kmph and get a FE of 20-22kmpl. So all the best and enjoy the car and safe driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks