Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2023, 23:40   #826
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

For Brezza, why would the quotation from the dealer for accessories be 200-300 higher than the amount listed on the MGA website?
Old 12th August 2023, 17:28   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
For Brezza, why would the quotation from the dealer for accessories be 200-300 higher than the amount listed on the MGA website?
I'm not sure, but I assume they probably bake in the fitting charges and some dealer commission in the accessories charges.
Old 14th August 2023, 09:55   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
I'm not sure, but I assume they probably bake in the fitting charges and some dealer commission in the accessories charges.
They have a 5% labor charge extra. Has anyone explored if you can order from the MGA website and have the dealership fit them if required?
Old 14th August 2023, 10:38   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
AFAIK -The website rates are excluding of GST charges.
Old 14th August 2023, 17:12   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilanK View Post
Has any one installed front arm rest for the ZXI variant? Dealer won't fix it and advising me against it.So I have to get it in after market.
Is it worth it or will I be better off without it?
The dealer can fix it only that you will lose the charging port behind. OEM After market shops can help you out if they don't do it.
Latebloomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 11:53   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by KebabBoi View Post
Totally worth it! Do ensure that the connections are properly done after swapping out the 12V cigarette-lighter type socket for USB outlets.
Hi,
Thanks for your response. Can you please tell me from where you procured the armrest? Did you buy any particular brand?
TIA.
Old 16th August 2023, 13:56   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please tell me from where you procured the armrest? Did you buy any particular brand?
TIA.
An accessories shop in Karol Bagh.

MGA ZXI+ armrests are easily available and provide a more stock-type fitment over generic/universal armrest options, I would suggest you opt for the same. No requirement for drilling holes, it just includes panel replacement on the existing mounts.

Also, the wiring is available as is in the ZXI variants for the 12V socket, but I had to stick with a 'jugad' type solution (jimmying the circular socket into the rectangular port and fixing it in position with a damping sheet) as it was the only option available when I got it installed since the car had just launched and accessories were lagging behind.

However, I have seen the 12V socket-to-USB port conversion can be easily done now so of-course go for that option, just.. monitor them constantly as they do the installation, which goes without saying.
KebabBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 15:28   #833

Quote:

MGA ZXI+ armrests are easily available and provide a more stock-type fitment over generic/universal armrest options, I would suggest you opt for the same. No requirement for drilling holes, it just includes panel replacement on the existing mounts.

However, I have seen the 12V socket-to-USB port conversion can be easily done now so of-course go for that option, just.. monitor them constantly as they do the installation, which goes without saying.
Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. There is a good accessories shop near by my home. Will visit and enquire if they can procure MGA ZXI+ armrest.
Old 18th August 2023, 10:30   #834

Quote:

I enquired with the nearby shop.
They are quoting 9.5k for the MGA armrest.
Old 18th August 2023, 16:31   #835
BHPian

Quote:
I enquired with the nearby shop.
They are quoting 9.5k for the MGA armrest.
Wayyy expensive, don't buy! I got mine for 5k over an year ago, it should actually be slightly cheaper now. Look elsewhere.
KebabBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 12:25   #836

Hi,
I am posting this query here, since I can’t find a dedicated thread for ICE upgrade on the forum. In Car Entertainment section seems to have separate threads for each member’s needs. I am a newbie and I can’t open a separate thread. So I request the mods to move this post to an appropriate thread if they want.

I have a fair knowledge about 5.1 HT and stereo setup at home and do have them in my abode.But I have next to nothing knowledge about upgrading car audio and the jargon I keep reading here scares me and it goes above my head.

I have a Brezza ZXI AT and it seems it will take some time for me to settle down with my new car, since I keep thinking of what should be added to it to make city jaunts more pleasurable.

So with the new vehicle the ICE upgrade bug also came and I have been on the look out for a decent set up.

I listen to mostly Tamil film music starting from M S V’ s time (70s music in general) down to Raja, ARR and Yuvan. And I am an old timer. so I also listen to music by Eagles, Doors, MJ,Neil Diamond, Dire Straits, Frank Sinatra etc etc. I am looking for a set up that can give me a laid back music listening experience. The set up should give me a decent bass without sounding lame.And I don’t intend to get a sub and expecting my component and coaxial speakers doing the duty of the low end not sounding muddy.

I hear that, as far as the speakers go, the Morels give alaid back listening experience with good detailing of sound.I have tentatively short listed the below Morels for my Brezza.

1.Morel Maximo Ultra 603 MKll-6 1/2-3 way speakers.(29.8k -Both Amazon and Motorogue list the same price).
2.Morel Maximo Ultra Coax 602 MKII -2 way-(10.2k-Motorogue.)
3.Intend to keep the 7 inch stock HU of my Brezza.
4.Door Damping. (How much a decent job will cost?).

My bench mark for quality audio listening, weather at home or in a car is, those inside while listening at a fairly high volume should also be able to converse with each other.

Will the above set up satisfy my needs?

1.Do I need an amp to drive these speakers? If so which one will go with them?
2.Can the stock HU handle the above speakers effectively.
3.Will the above set up give me decent bass?

Since I am clueless about ICE upgrade, any advise will be greatly appreciated.
NilanK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 17:38   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Since I am clueless about ICE upgrade, any advise will be greatly appreciated.
1. Start your car and when the infotainment system loads
https://www.global-infotainment-syst...ate/index.html
follow the steps to see if the latest software version is there if not update
https://www.global-infotainment-syst...400/index.html
as shown. Please keep your car engine on while updating.

2 If your system has the latest software version then connect your mobile
* with cable( please use your cell company OEM cable) and start android auto
* If you want to connect without cable then switch on the bluetooth and wifi in your cell and pair it with the head unit, start android auto
If you have spotify or youtube then play the song of your choice and see if the sound ( Volume/Bass/etc) are to your liking.
If all ok then my suggestion is do not upgrade your speakers unless you want to spend.

Hope the above solves your queries and enjoy your ride with music. Drive safe

Last edited by ACMerchant : 19th August 2023 at 17:44. Reason: adding another link
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 19:34   #838
BHPian

Quote:

My bench mark for quality audio listening, weather at home or in a car is, those inside while listening at a fairly high volume should also be able to converse with each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
If all ok then my suggestion is do not upgrade your speakers unless you want to spend.
In addition to what ACMerchant has stated, there are a few equalizer presets that actually do change the output tangibly - Rock, Classic, Jazz, Hip Hop and Pop.

Do think hard about investing in audio. I personally do not believe in spending too much in the audio of a new car, rather to transform the car experience only after some 6-7 years of ownership. To each, their own.

The audio components you've quoted might be a bit of an overkill just going by your needs.

For the average consumer, the stock unit and setup in the Brezza is more than sufficient. But if you would want a more premium sonic experience, I'd suggest to peruse the In-Car Entertainment section of this forum first. There are user reviews of some excellent audio setups. That'd give you a clearer idea.

Last edited by Small Bot : 21st August 2023 at 19:37.
Small Bot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 22:48   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Anybody suffering from disconnection of the Android auto from Infotainment system? In my Zxi+ AT I'm already at the latest firmware and I'm using a Samsung S22Ultra. I'm facing disconnection issue at least 2-3 times a day. I have deleted and paired again but no improvement.
Today just tried the following
1) Factory reset of the infotainment system.
2) Downloaded the Smartplay Pro/Pro+ sync app in my android and connected it with my head unit with Bluetooth and wifi.
3) Updated the software with the app and now I guess all niggles must have gone as updated version is of Dec 2022.
Old 22nd August 2023, 10:00   #840
BHPian

I was thinking of doing a factory reset but didn't do it yet. But my system is already with the latest firmware (March 23 manufactured), no further updates are available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks