Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2023, 18:22   #721
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

None of the manufactures are having BS6.2, not even Maruti. Confirmed from friends who got their vehicles delivered recently.

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:36. Reason: Typos.
XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 19:11   #722

Wouldn't that be non-compliance with government norms?
Old 4th May 2023, 23:27   #723
Senior - BHPian

Check the RC for confirmation. It should mention the necessary information
Old 5th May 2023, 12:37   #724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Check the RC for confirmation. It should mention the necessary information
As per my understanding, RC will contain the info from Form 22. Since RC is not available yet, am relying on Form 22 for now.

I did call up the Maruti Regional office, customer case, dealer etc., but none of them seems to have any idea about BS6.2. The dealer keeps telling me that BS6.2 vehicles have not been dispatched yet.
Old 6th May 2023, 12:15   #725

The emissions limits does not change from BS6 phase 1 to phase 2. Cars are now required to prove their limits both under lab conditions and real world situations. Also all vehicles are now required to OBD monitoring facility. Not a big deal for cars, maybe a more significant change for bikes and commercial vehicles. So i am not sure if anything will be noted in the RC book other than BS6 as actual emission limits are the same. As April 1 was the deadline for phase 2 changes you can be assured any car billed or registered after that date will comply with phase 2 otherwise the manufacturer will be in trouble.
Old 8th May 2023, 22:43   #726
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Hi, Has anyone tried to remove ignition switch as anti theft measure in new Brezza? Is this a right method to prevent theft? There are two ignition switches one rated at 40A and other at 50A
Update:
Found a simpler method. We can use FL fuse which is smaller and easier to remove than bigger ignition fuse.
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-pxl_20230325_1118190963.jpg

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:29.
VIZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 22:52   #727
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
But for rear be careful as on side there are curtain airbags and so have not fitted the rear cam.
Hi, I got both front and rear dashcam installed with help of dealer SA last week. Routed the wires via floor to avoid disturbing side air bags.
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-pxl_20230506_111000151.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-pxl_20230506_112523865.jpg

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:30.
VIZ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 06:25   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post
Maybe it was the abused nature of the TD vehicle (15669 kms driven) but honestly did feel quite lackluster...
The car didn't really feel as reassuring (suspension wise) and it was quite wobbly over potholes (I may be spoilt by the XUV but even my 11-12 year old Swift still doesn't feel as wobbly)....
Also the engine, like rightly mentioned by others lacks outright grunt, now I know what 'overtakes need to be planned' means...
The fuel efficiency displayed on the screen was hovering around 5.5 / 5.9 kmpl, my eyeballs were out all along...
..even the DCT gearbox and 1L turbo engine of the Venue would extract better mileage than this 'naturally aspirated' 1.5L petrol & this time...
I think I'll be going to Hyundai after seeing what a stonker of an overall product the Venue DCT is...
Responding to a few select points alone:
It is definitely a poorly maintained test drive vehicle, and one which is badly in need of a service. I remember driving a 5K kms run test drive vehicle in ABT Maruti in Chennai and it gave me 10.XX kmpl over a 10-km city test drive.
The suspension does induce a side-to-side motion if you go a little too fast over bumpy roads. That said, the dimensions and stance of the car probably induce this wobbly feeling as compared to the Swift. We shouldn't compare with the XUV though, as that's a far better car.
Again, the low fuel economy might have to do with the abused nature of the test drive car specimen itself.
That would be incorrect to assume for all driving conditions that the Venue would have better fuel economy than the Brezza. I've driven the Venue DCT in peak city traffic and the fuel economy hovered between 7 and 9 kmpl even for a 5K kms run new car. Turbo petrols with DCT can be very thirsty if you drive even a little aggressively. But yes, there is power when you exactly want it, instead of waiting for a couple of seconds like in the Brezza.
It's great that you've test driven both cars. If the Venue is what meets all your needs, go for it. It's an excellent car in its own right. I personally felt that it was a bit too small for me, that's all.

Last edited by Small Bot : 9th May 2023 at 06:37.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 08:10   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
If the Venue is what meets all your needs, go for it. It's an excellent car in its own right. I personally felt that it was a bit too small for me, that's all.
Hello Small Bot, Thanks for your revert! You've rightfully become the resident 2022 Brezza expert here .

I agree with many of your points and there may even have been some amount of biases at play in my decision making capability viz. with having owned a MSIL vehicle already and seeing the same old 12 year old parts being used in the door panels and window switches, the same fabric seats that a colleague in office who owns a 2014 swift has and other things such as overall feel in the cabin, giving that pointless HUD instead of a simple TPMS sensor, that eye-sore of a black-two-buttoned key that feels like it's from a 90's Akshay Kumar movie, etc.

It's a good no-nonsense, long term, family car no doubt but this time I felt like going with the Hyundai as it'll mainly be me, driving around the city (family trips call for the XUV to come out) and I kind of instinctively tend to zip into tight places quite a lot and the really slightly lesser width of the vehicle helps feel that much ever so slightly more nimble-er. The only reason I was fervently hoping to like it was the 4 Star safety rating of the previous NCAP test that the Vitara Brezza had (due to being based on the C platform) but alas!

Oh yes, about the space, I'm sort of 120kgs / 5.11" and honestly I felt both cars to be sort of close, space wise. In fact, the Venue this time around felt much more spacious when compared to the last gen model. Although yes, the Brezza undoubtedly had a slight more wiggle room to spare and squeeze myself into.

I did finally go ahead and book the Venue and am hopefully going to take delivery tomorrow and am looking forward to post logs in that section of the forum, do not forget to take a look now and then.

Last edited by Zinger_Winger : 9th May 2023 at 08:18.
Zinger_Winger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 10:00   #730
BHPian

Quote:
You've rightfully become the resident 2022 Brezza expert here.
Nah, I wouldn't really call myself an expert when there are a lot more really knowledgeable people lurking around here. I just like staring at my car (sometimes quite creepily) and poking around whenever I have time.

Quote:
... seeing the same old 12 year old parts being used in the door panels and window switches, the same fabric seats that a colleague in office who owns a 2014 swift has and other things such as overall feel in the cabin, giving that pointless HUD instead of a simple TPMS sensor, that eye-sore of a black-two-buttoned key that feels like it's from a 90's Akshay Kumar movie, etc...
Part-sharing has its positives and negatives.

It is quite irritating that MSIL appears to use pretty much the same switches and parts from the bin, for most of its car models ranging from Swift to Baleno to Brezza to Grand Vitara. The higher the price tag, the more irritating it gets.
That said, I don't really have to worry about parts availability in the future? Or at least, that's my biggest consolation.

I also have not used the HUD after showing it off to the home minister once. She was quite unimpressed too. I would have preferred a TPMS to an HUD any day of the week.

In fact, in this heat, the sunroof itself is totally useless. I would rather have lost the sunroof and gotten ventilated seats.

Quote:
Oh yes, about the space, I'm sort of 120kgs / 5.11" and honestly I felt both cars to be sort of close, space wise. In fact, the Venue this time around felt much more spacious when compared to the last gen model. Although yes, the Brezza undoubtedly had a slight more wiggle room to spare and squeeze myself into.

Yes, if I recall correctly, the Venue facelift is quite a bit taller than the outgoing model, and that does translate to a bit more headroom inside. I did not hit my head anywhere until I really wanted to. That said, the cabin space in the Brezza is more, being a slightly wider car as well. At times, I wonder how they managed to fit all of this car within 4 metres. It does feel bigger than it actually is.

Best of luck with your choice, and please post your buying/driving experience with the Venue on the forum, after you get the car delivered! Pics are mandatory too.

Last edited by Small Bot : 10th May 2023 at 10:01.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 00:39   #731

Need guidance on enabling Suzuki connect. When I tried setting it up via Suzuki connect app, i get a message saying that VIN and mobile number combination is not recognised. Need help. Should the dealer be enabling this service?
Dinup P Pillai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 19:17   #732
BHPian

hello Guys,

I was talking with couple of dealers in Pune for Brezza ZXI plus AT since last 2-3 weeks. I have my 2017 i20 D Asta (40 K Odo) to exchange.

Earlier they valuated it 5.75 on which I said I expect more.

Then today one of the dealers SA called me and told me that a car is available as someone's loan proposal did not work out and they are ready to give 6 L ( 25 K extra than what they quoted) and he asked me to do booking so they can hold it for me with 10K, which I did.

I plan to start with VIN and PD before doing any signing or money thing. The obvious points came in my mind are to make sure it is not demo car or display car.

But I want to know what all precautions I need to take to avoid going into some unwanted situation especially that the car has so much of waiting period.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Last edited by sanjubaba : 18th May 2023 at 19:18.
sanjubaba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 09:13   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Any pointers will be much appreciated.
It's quite normal for a car to be available if some other customer's loan application fell through. Another unsaid reason could be that the other customer might have cancelled their booking outright or just changed their booking to another variant or colour, though the dealers would never admit to any of that. I myself got my car early when two other customers in line before me opted for a different readily available colour, being tired of waiting for Red+Black.

And 25K is not a big deal for a dealership if they can get that car out of their inventory at the earliest. Dealers make more money, the more they clear out their mass market car inventory. Nobody likes a car waiting for long at their stockyard.

So I would suggest to take that car if you really want it. Of course, after doing the necessary PDI checks only. Insist on them taking you to the stockyard if you have to. Maruti, being what they are, will probably make a minor fuss but allow you to check the car out in the yard before delivery.

As a side note, I've noticed that the exchange deals given by the dealers are usually not nearly as much as what Cars24 / Spinny and the likes offer. Would you want to consider that as an option? The dealer could be underquoting the price for your i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinup P Pillai View Post
Should the dealer be enabling this service?
In short, yes. If I recall correctly, there's usually a separate team which takes care of accessories in most sizable Maruti dealerships. It's part of their SOP to enable all accessories, confirm that everything works and explain to you how to use them. They insist on doing that and getting a sign-off even if you say you know what to do. So please contact your dealer and hoof the ball to their half of the field.

Last edited by Small Bot : 20th May 2023 at 09:28. Reason: To Multi-quote
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 10:34   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post

As a side note, I've noticed that the exchange deals given by the dealers are usually not nearly as much as what Cars24 / Spinny and the likes offer. Would you want to consider that as an option? The dealer could be underquoting the price for your i20.

Thank you for the reply. I did not opt for other sellers as it means I have to give car now and go on the wait list for few months. The current car being only vehicle that I have, I can not be without car for more than max a month. I believe that the immediate delivery I am getting because of the exchange.

Some people have mentioned that if you by accessories worth some 50 K then dealers give you car earlier. I think that the loss I am bearing in selling old car to Maruti instead of say Spiny is equivalent. Dealer is getting this extra benefit in any way.
sanjubaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 11:35   #735
BHPian

Back in Navi Mumbai after driving to kerala and back, total distance of 3200 Kms, in my still new (odo reading was 2000 at the start of the trip) Zxi AT. Car performed flawlessly over the course of the journey and returned an overall 18.6kmpl (the best i got was 22.3kmpl - early morning Kollur to Mangalore stretch) - all MID readings, not tankful to tankful. Kept it under 100kmph, always in "D" mode, with paddle shifters used occasionally for quick overtakes and for engine braking in downhill ghat sections. Overall, extremely satisfied with the ride and handling and stellar fuel efficiency returned - full tank can easily do 800+kms. Only issue encountered was the car play getting disconnected randomly and had to stop and restart the car to get it working again.
achats is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks