Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2023, 23:49   #691
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Hi, Did anyone install dashcam from authorised Maruti dealers for ZXI+ variant in Bangalore?
I'm planning to get a 70mai dual Channel dashcam from Amazon and install it via dealer (without any hardwiring). I've enquired with 3 dealers and no one is ready to install. Dashcam seller Nexdigitron shared a third party vendor who can install, but I'm apprehensive if that will cause some trouble while claiming warranty?
As long as you do not hard wire it and instead use the 12 V port near the mobile wireless charging Dock, your warranty will remain intact.
But for rear be careful as on side there are curtain airbags and so have not fitted the rear cam.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 12:59   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrobbi View Post
I am feeling a bit underwhelmed with the light provided by my headlamps in Brezza ZXI+. Has anyone tried upgrading to a higher wattage? Is it recommended (and legal)?
May I ask why you feel underwhelmed with the LED headlights?

I've driven the car under rain and at night for at least 400 kms recently and did not feel that issue. If the headlights are leveled properly, the throw in Low Beam itself is quite decent.

And fiddling with the headlights does void your warranty, I think. The below is what the driver's manual says under limitations of warranty, or where the warranty would not apply:

(g) Any vehicle which has been modified or altered, including without limitation, the installation of performance accessories, enlargements of lights, other changes and external/ consequential reasons.
(h) Any vehicle on which parts or accessories not approved by Maruti Suzuki (Non-MSGA, Non-MSGP) have been used.

Last edited by Small Bot : 24th March 2023 at 13:01.
Old 25th March 2023, 17:33   #693
VIZ
BHPian

Hi, Has anyone tried to remove ignition switch as anti theft measure in new Brezza? Is this a right method to prevent theft? There are two ignition switches one rated at 40A and other at 50A.Fuse puller given in fuse box looks smaller to pull them. Is it necessary to remove both fuses to prevent the car from starting?
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-pxl_20230325_1118400702.jpg

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:38. Reason: Adding a sentence
Old 30th March 2023, 11:10   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Hi, Has anyone tried to remove ignition switch as anti theft measure in new Brezza?
No, not really. I don't think there is anything that can really make your car theft-proof.

I decided to just minimise the possibility of theft, by parking it right in front of a CCTV (that records sound too), connecting that CCTV to my mobile through an app for real time streaming and hiring a night watchman who patrols the complex. Oh, and my neighbour upstairs got a pretty big dog too.

On a different note, the car has already started to settle into its rhythm and I'm now receiving 10-12 kmpl fuel economy even in peak bumper to bumper traffic, if I drive smoothly without frequent instances of sudden acceleration or braking. I have attempted to stretch beyond 12 kmpl in peak city traffic by driving with a light right foot, and I succeeded a couple of times. Mild hybrid has started showing its effect.

On yet another different note, when do I change the engine oil? I was told by friends that I need to completely replace the engine oil after the first 1000 kms because it's a new engine and there might be metal shavings in the oil by now. Is that true?

Last edited by Small Bot : 30th March 2023 at 11:12.
Small Bot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 12:52   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
On yet another different note, when do I change the engine oil? I was told by friends that I need to completely replace the engine oil after the first 1000 kms because it's a new engine and there might be metal shavings in the oil by now. Is that true?
I had my car’s first oil change at 10k kms, but opted for synthetic oil while changing. Stick to the manufacturer’s schedule.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 13:02   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
I had my car’s first oil change at 10k kms, but opted for synthetic oil while changing. Stick to the manufacturer’s schedule.
Thanks. I tried checking the oil myself and did not see anything off-colour. No idea how to go looking for so-called metal shavings with my untrained eyes though.

Did you need to fully flush out everything before you switched to synthetic?

Last edited by Small Bot : 30th March 2023 at 13:04. Reason: Added question.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 13:14   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I tried checking the oil myself and did not see anything off-colour. No idea how to go looking for so-called metal shavings with my untrained eyes though.

Did you need to fully flush out everything before you switched to synthetic?
Of all manufacturers, I think marutis work best when you don’t do any extra stuff - rest your mind about metal shavings.

The oil change was also normal, i.e. no engine flush afaik. The oil pan sat under the car for 10ish minutes and then new oil went in, that’s all.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 23:03   #698
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
No, not really. I don't think there is anything that can really make your car theft-proof.

I decided to just minimise the possibility of theft, by parking it right in front of a CCTV
I understand that there is no 100% theft proof method. Removing fuel injection/ ignition fuse is discussed in this forum as one of the strong deterrent. So I want to check if anyone has tried here in new Brezza.
But the way, I'm asking not for regular parking for which I have a covered parking in my apartment. This is for instances when we park in unknown areas occasionally.
Old 7th April 2023, 14:29   #699

Quote:
May I ask why you feel underwhelmed with the LED headlights?

I've driven the car under rain and at night for at least 400 kms recently and did not feel that issue. If the headlights are leveled properly, the throw in Low Beam itself is quite decent.
[/i]
I did a 200km run in a rainy night which left me feeling blinded half the time. Hence I felt it might be a bulb issue. Maybe my eyes are just too used to yellow halogens Will give it more time and use fog lamps liberally.

Meanwhile clocked 3500kms in 2 months on my Red Devil! What a smooth machine!
Old 8th April 2023, 08:54   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrobbi View Post
I did a 200km run in a rainy night which left me feeling blinded half the time. Hence I felt it might be a bulb issue.
While I personally feel that my older Hyundais' Halogen bulbs were the best in very rainy and night-time conditions, the LED setup (when levelled properly) along with the fog lamps in the Brezza are not that bad, especially when compared with my friend's 5th gen Honda City.

The LED projector setup on the Brezza casts a decent throw, and when driving in rains, it seemed to be clearest when on low beam and used with fog lamp. Then again, I was driving mostly on dimly lit suburban roads only, with not much opposing traffic.

Also, yes, it's a very smooth car and kind of invites you to pack in more kilometres.

I admit I have a newfound fascination with eking out the best fuel economy from the car, and this has made me a tangibly better driver.

Last edited by Small Bot : 8th April 2023 at 08:58.
Old 15th April 2023, 07:40   #701

Brezza price hike again. 2nd increase after launch. Extended warranty also increased by 4k (top end spec)

https://www.v3cars.com/news/maruti-s...ice-comparison
Dinup P Pillai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 14:28   #702
BHPian

Hi everyone. My Brezza zxi+ has gone for its second service(<2000 km driven so far). So the mechanical contraption that gives way for the HUD to come out malfunctioned on its own and is not opening completely. My SA wants my permission to remove the part and send it to MSIL for analysis since they are unable to repair it on their own. Please let me know whether I should give them the go ahead for this or not. I don't need the HUD anyways.

Last edited by abhi_ank : 15th April 2023 at 14:35.
Old 15th April 2023, 22:16   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Hi everyone. My Brezza zxi+ has gone for its second service(<2000 km driven so far). So the mechanical contraption that gives way for the HUD to come out malfunctioned on its own and is not opening completely. My SA wants my permission to remove the part and send it to MSIL for analysis since they are unable to repair it on their own. Please let me know whether I should give them the go ahead for this or not. I don't need the HUD anyways.
From your post the HUD is not opening completely or opening but nothing is visible?
- If not opening then first try the HUD switch on the side panel where other switches are there. Keeping your car running try the switch on/off to see if the HUD opens or not maybe the switch might be at fault.
- If the HUD opens (https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/202...-brezza-09.jpg) then use the ^ v switches till you get the display.
Surprising that you do not use the HUD as I have found it so convenient that now when I use my older MT car have to see the instrument cluster.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 18:02   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
My SA wants my permission to remove the part and send it to MSIL for analysis since they are unable to repair it on their own.
I would suggest to let them proceed, seeing as your car might be covered under warranty. If it's a faulty switch, you could tell them to recheck the other switches for traction control, 360° camera, integrated start-stop etc.

On a different note, the car has been throwing up some astounding fuel economy numbers on the highways. I got 23 kmpl while on cruise control on 85 kmph on the Chennai - Trichy National Highway yesterday. The rpm needle was hovering around 1500-1700 rpm only, the gearbox mostly keeping the gear in 6th throughout.

And this is from a car at just 1700 kms on the odo. I'm positive the numbers will raise a little as the car keeps piling on the kilometres.

Last edited by Small Bot : 16th April 2023 at 18:09.
Old 16th April 2023, 20:30   #705
BHPian

Quote:

On a different note, the car has been throwing up some astounding fuel economy numbers on the highways. I got 23 kmpl while on cruise control on 85 kmph on the Chennai - Trichy National Highway yesterday. The rpm needle was hovering around 1500-1700 rpm only, the gearbox mostly keeping the gear in 6th throughout.
Those are some seriously good numbers. How much are you getting within the city?

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:39. Reason: Typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks