Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2023, 16:39   #676

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Hello everyone,
It's my first post on teamBHP and I am looking for advice regarding my next car. I own a 2023 Skoda Rapid 1.6 Diesel with MT and after exchanging the same the best quotes I could get for Brezza ZXI+ MT is 12.52 lakhs on road (including extended warranty upto 5 years/1 lakh kms and 11,200 worth of accesories) and for Skoda Kushaq 1.0 TSI Ambition MT is 12.7 lakhs on road (including 10,400 worth of accesories).

Things in favour of Kushaq:
1. 5 star NCAP safety raiting.
2. Solid build quality.
3. Premium looks(both exterior and interior)
4. Powerful and fun to drive engine
5. Premium touchscreen infotainment and UI
6. Nice speakers
Cons:
1. Only 2 airbags with Ambient model
2. Engine vibrations
3. Gear knob on manual version feels jerky and noisy while shifting as compared to both my Skoda Rapid and Brezza

Things in favour of Brezza:
1. 6 air bags
2. 360° camera
3. Better camera quality
4. Better road view and commanding driving position.
5. Cabin feels roomier than Kushaq mainly due to its more vertical windows.
6. Very refined 1.5 ltr engine and also feels punchier than Kushaq's 1.0 turbo at lower rpms and lower speeds.
7. Other features that Brezza has over Kushaq but don't mean much to me personally are: sunroof, HUD, 'hybrid system'

Cons:
1. Poor interiors and plastic quality.
2. Unknown NCAP safety raiting.
3. Okayish Infotainment system UI and speaker quality.

Apart from the points mentioned above another important factor is the resale value, maintenance cost and ease of repair(in terms of spare parts and repair shop availability) where Maruti Suzuki is the obvious winner.

Overall Brezza looks like a more financially sound choice here but Kushaq appeals more to the heart. As far as the requirements are considered, the car will be driven mostly in the NCR region for short 10km commutes, 50-60km once or twice a week outings within NCR and twice monthly highway trips of 350-400kms. I am an active driver and enjoy weaving through traffic during commutes within NCR and keep the car below 120kmph on expressways and around 80-100 on other highways.

Looking forward to and open to suggestions and corrections from fellow BHPians.

Thank you in advance
Nazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 10:33   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazy View Post
Hello everyone,
It's my first post on teamBHP and I am looking for advice regarding my next car. I own a 2023 Skoda Rapid 1.6 Diesel with MT and after exchanging the same the best quotes I could get for Brezza ZXI+ MT is 12.52 lakhs on road (including extended warranty upto 5 years/1 lakh kms and 11,200 worth of accesories) and for Skoda Kushaq 1.0 TSI Ambition MT is 12.7 lakhs on road (including 10,400 worth of accesories).

Looking forward to and open to suggestions and corrections from fellow BHPians.

Thank you in advance
Firstly IMHO if you have a 2023 model sedan then why do you want to change to MUV/SUV Brezza. If your car is not having any mechanical/technical issues then why change. As per your post you require a car for city commute mostly. Have been using the brezza(ZXI+ AT) for about 6 months and have completed 10k kms all I can say is the car is ideal for city drive and gives a FE of @ 15-16 kmpl and highway trips got FE of 21-22 kmpl but boot space is little compared to the sedan and you wont get the power you are used to in Skoda Rapid. Hope this helps.
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 10:36   #678

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Firstly IMHO if you have a 2023 model sedan then why do you want to change to MUV/SUV Brezza.
My apologies. It a 2013* model Skoda Rapid

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:44. Reason: Typo
Old 6th March 2023, 11:47   #679
BHPian

Quote:
My apologies. It a 2013* model Skoda Rapid
In your case would suggest you to take a TD of both Brezza and Kushaq and then decide if you would like to change from your Rapid.
Or you can upgrade your existing car with new seat covers/front panel/Audio/ceramic coating etc (the estimated cost IMO will be less than what you will pay for a new car)and continue for another few years.
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 11:50   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
In your case would suggest you to take a TD of both Brezza and Kushaq and then decide if you would like to change from your Rapid.
Or you can upgrade your existing car with new seat covers/front panel/Audio/ceramic coating etc (the estimated cost IMO will be less than what you will pay for a new car)and continue for another few years.
Thank you for your suggestion.
I don't want to let go of my Skoda Rapid but unfortunately we can't keep more than 10 years old diesel cars in NCR.
Old 7th March 2023, 17:49   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion.
I don't want to let go of my Skoda Rapid but unfortunately we can't keep more than 10 years old diesel cars in NCR.
I would suggest you shift to AT from MT as will help you in your city commute. Also take a test drive of Slavia along with Kushaq and Brezza.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 14:28   #682
BHPian

Hello everyone!
My steed completed 10K kms in 6 months (mid-August to mid-February), and we celebrated that milestone with a trip to Yuksom, Sikkim. The ODO at the start of the trip was 10002 to be exact and now it stands at 11571.

The car performed very well on unpredictable Sikkim roads, why vary from 4 lane blacktops to trail roads. The Legship-Tashiding-Laso-Chongrang route was very remote (saw 0 tourist cars and <5 local cars in this section), quite rocky but also so beautiful as one gets to see the backyards of Sikkim.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-snapseed.jpg
posing at an water crossing

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img9026.jpg
reached the destination, and in good company

The morning after reaching our destination noticed the front right wheel has lost all air, so the local sightseeing was done on the steel spare wheel.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img3342.jpg
artsy pic to hide the steel wheel at front right

While repairing the punctured wheel on the 3rd day, noticed a very small sidewall bulge on the front left tire. This is a concern, not sure if the Ecotreds are to be blamed or my spirited drive along the rocky roads. My plan is to keep it under observation for a couple of weeks and eventually rotate that tire with the stepney. Replacement is not a priority right now.

The car was doing a very steep climb to the Pelling sky walk confidently, carrying 4 people using momentum. At one hairpin however, an old gen Brezza (oh, the irony!) coming downhill was not maintaining the outer line properly and we had to stop. We could not restart the climb from there with all 4 of us on board - tires slipping, my tripmates had to get down while I took the car around 50 feet ahead where the gradient was a little more forgiving. Except those 5 minutes the torque was adequate and have to say - I am very satisfied till now.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-snapseed2.jpg
at yuksom helipad

Hope the Safarnāma continues!

Last edited by cr4nkshaft : 8th March 2023 at 14:30.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 15:48   #683
BHPian

My car is back home after the cylinder head assembly replacement.

The Maruti service folks did a 50-km road test and I did a 30-km one post taking delivery. The car is back to being smooth.

One last wash at Popular Maruti before I took the car back.
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20230307_164000369_hdr.jpg

The SA insisted on completing the first free service before giving the car back. I think this has to do with not voiding the warranty, so I didn't complain.

Also, the fuel economy has been consistently less than 10 kmpl inside the city, though the car itself is running very smoothly. Does that mean that I need a much longer run-in period for the engine?

Last edited by Small Bot : 9th March 2023 at 15:50.
Small Bot is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 21:36   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post

The Maruti service folks did a 50-km road test and I did a 30-km one post taking delivery. The car is back to being smooth.

Also, the fuel economy has been consistently less than 10 kmpl inside the city, though the car itself is running very smoothly. Does that mean that I need a much longer run-in period for the engine?
Your car had an engine issue and would have led to lower fuel economy I believe.

Measure again over a few 100 km and it might improve a lot vs pre service days.
dsr001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 15:21   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post

The SA insisted on completing the first free service before giving the car back. I think this has to do with not voiding the warranty, so I didn't complain.

Good that you got the car back fully repaired.
Also since your 1st free service was done - did you complete the customary 1000 kms or one month from the date of the purchase?

Now that your cylinder head assembly has been replaced IMHO you need to run @ 1000 kms before you start getting good FE figures. So for you it is back to a new start all over again but the positive is now that you have got the feel of driving the car am sure you will get good FE figures that you want. All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr001 View Post
Measure again over a few 100 km and it might improve a lot vs pre service days.
Partly right but in the case of Brezza 2022 the engine opens up after about 1000 kms to give good FE and then when you complete 5000 kms your FE figures are matching with the company claims.
ACMerchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 20:57   #686

Hi

Has any one tried fitting 225 60 16 tyre into the spare wheel space of the new brezza?
Old 20th March 2023, 08:51   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtjm View Post
Hi

Has any one tried fitting 225 60 16 tyre into the spare wheel space of the new brezza?
Are you upgrading your tyres from the 215/60 R16 as all the five tyres in brezza are the same.
Old 20th March 2023, 15:26   #688

I am feeling a bit underwhelmed with the light provided by my headlamps in Brezza ZXI+. Has anyone tried upgrading to a higher wattage? Is it recommended (and legal)?
Old 21st March 2023, 20:09   #689
VIZ
BHPian

Hi, Did anyone install dashcam from authorised Maruti dealers for ZXI+ variant in Bangalore?
I'm planning to get a 70mai dual Channel dashcam from Amazon and install it via dealer (without any hardwiring). I've enquired with 3 dealers and no one is ready to install. Dashcam seller Nexdigitron shared a third party vendor who can install, but I'm apprehensive if that will cause some trouble while claiming warranty?

Last edited by VIZ : 21st March 2023 at 20:10. Reason: Typo
Old 21st March 2023, 20:22   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Hi, Did anyone install dashcam from authorised Maruti dealers for ZXI+ variant in Bangalore?
I'm planning to get a 70mai dual Channel dashcam from Amazon and install it via dealer (without any hardwiring). I've enquired with 3 dealers and no one is ready to install. Dashcam seller Nexdigitron shared a third party vendor who can install, but I'm apprehensive if that will cause some trouble while claiming warranty?
Most dashcams if you are not hard wiring can be easily fixed yourself. Kindly watch you tube videos how to hide the wires etc. The camera will be powered via the plug-in 12 volt socket. You don't need the dealer for this.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks