Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 19:03   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Personally I liked the interior and felt that it’s no less than a Tiguan . Tiguan’s Vienna leather seat upholstery is not very attractive but the seats in Tucson felt better .
Tucson has leatherette, not real leather.
Is Vienna real leather or artificial leather?

Last edited by sunikkat : 14th August 2022 at 19:07.
Old 14th August 2022, 19:14   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Tucson has leatherette, not real leather.
Is Vienna real leather or artificial leather?
Vienna leather is fake again. Reference- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5213480 (2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review)
Also forgot to mention some shortcomings of the Tucson
1. The under thigh support for the front seats are not great compared to that of rear.
2. The Diesel engine has a sudden turbo kick in . I didn't expect the car to dart so fast. This made me excited as well as nervous.
3. This one is nitpicking- the engine bay doesn't have hydraulic strut like Tiguan.
4. No cooled glove box
ChetanM6 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 19:28   #108

To be honest, I personally feel it is a premium version of the Creta which has been overly priced thinking that the Indian buyers will shell out the premium for the premium but there isn't anything different inside. the lock, and unlock buttons are from Creta, as the gear lever, the steering, and even the infotainment layout is a copy paste. the back seat looks no different and since we own a Creta. Maybe it has better European safety standards and I doubt does people are willing to pay that much premium for a Hyundai.
KL40kkaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 19:46   #109
BHPian

Great review as always! I don't think the Hyundai Tucson designers thought of so many details as pointed out by TBHP ; no pen holder in glovebox, luggage cover design flaw & omitting the boot grab handle in the Platinum version.

I believe Hyundai is trying to play the "high price = more premium" card and pitching it directly in Fortuner territory. They know that the Tucson is anyways not going to sell in huge numbers, so why not profit more from the expected low sales.
Old 15th August 2022, 01:05   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Also forgot to mention some shortcomings of the Tucson
1. The under thigh support for the front seats are not great compared to that of rear.
2. The Diesel engine has a sudden turbo kick in . I didn't expect the car to dart so fast. This made me excited as well as nervous.
3. This one is nitpicking- the engine bay doesn't have hydraulic strut like Tiguan.
4. No cooled glove box
As you rightly pointed out in your original post, even I feel the pros outweigh the cons
Tiguan doesn't have ventilated seats, ADAS (required or not, it should be there when someone is paying that money), a wireless charger, 360 camera, no diesel, the black interiors to name a few. Being a diehard VAG fan (Polo, Jetta and now Octavia), Tiguan was quite disappointing especially the interiors (or the the way it feels for a 40L car) but didn't get a single complaint from the family on the new Tucson. I feel Tucson is VFM (in spite of not giving a single Type C port) compared to the other cars
1. Tiguan - mentioned above
2. Compass/Meridian - the last few reports of breakdowns and the way it was handled. Having owned multiple VAG, never in my wildest dreams would have expected the A.S.S to say RSA has not been activated though your car broke down because of our fault.
3. Citroën - Yet to be established and the controls being in left in right hand drive country (from review).
Astonite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 11:22   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbreakkid View Post
Creta's upcoming facelift front view (bumper/ DRLs/ Headlights) is almost like Tuscon.

The current OTR in Andhra Pradesh is Rs.40.9 VS Rs.22.3 lakhs for the top-end 2WD Diesel.

Even considering Tuscon is better refined/ bigger engine/ CKD/ Safety/ unavailability of parts/ skilled technicians in all of Hyundai's ASS, I am beginning to wonder if the 18.5 lakhs premium over Creta is justified.

I have read some comments in Generation 3 Tuscon's forum that people could not distinguish between the older generations of Tuscon with Creta in terms of appearance. Looks like it is going to repeat again now.

When I spend 40 Lakhs+ on a vehicle, I want people to distinguish that from other cheaper models. This will not be the case once the new facelifted Creta hits the market and sells side by side with Tuscon.

Pics from Carwale: https://www.carwale.com/hyundai-cars...egory=exterior
KNL_Bandi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 12:09   #112
Team-BHP Support

Have driven the '18 Tucson for decent number of kilometers, over 10K.

I see lots of BHPians being aghast with the prices, even the Creta has become a ~22L SUV from ~15L in ~5 years.

I won't say prices of each is justified, that is something which depends on individual's preference, do they see value in the prices of both & other parameters. What I can absolutely tell you, that Tucson does feel from a segment above. The way it drives, the way it rides, the way it handles, the way the cabin feels. It gets more evident out on the open roads and as you begin to cruise at good speeds. I have driven both, Creta / Seltos petrol & diesel variant (but not the 1.4P) and the lesser engines makes itself evident post 110kmph and if you have to accelerate to overtake someone, you know you are driving something with lesser power (not underpowered), but it can not be compared with Tucson's 2.0 engine having over 400 NM. Plus, the entire ride / handling, NVH package is on a different level, can't be compared IMHO.

And it is the same everywhere if you see, Crysta against the Fortuner, maybe the X1 against the X3. Buyers always think and then buy depending on their preferences / choices & lastly, budget.

Will also say, the earlier price was fairly good, but with the facelift & almost no competition, Hyundai has taken up this opportunity to make some more money.

And looks is a very individual thing, plus the fact, that are you buying the vehicle to enjoy for yourself or waiting for people to judge if it is a Creta or a Tucson? Why the need for so much social validation? Last I know, people were buying cars based on their needs and not to impress / get validation from neighbors / relatives / colleagues.

How many people can judge between an A4 / A6 or similar?

Last edited by Sheel : 15th August 2022 at 12:58.
Sheel is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 12:40   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL40kkaran View Post
To be honest, I personally feel it is a premium version of the Creta which has been overly priced thinking that the Indian buyers will shell out the premium for the premium but there isn't anything different inside. the lock, and unlock buttons are from Creta, as the gear lever, the steering, and even the infotainment layout is a copy paste. the back seat looks no different and since we own a Creta. Maybe it has better European safety standards and I doubt does people are willing to pay that much premium for a Hyundai.
I think we can agree that Hyundai did some cost cutting to increase their profit margin. They are using some localized parts from the Creta/Alcazar in the Tucson, as you mentioned the gear lever, infotainment system etc. They have skipped on a full size spare wheel in the diesel version while the petrol version comes with one, reason might be that 70% of their Tucson customers will be going for the diesel version as they have stated.

Ultimately, value today is relative to each individual based on his needs and priorities. Which is why, I'll probably end up getting a Tucson for it's hassle free ownership and a peace of mind service while the car does exactly what I want from it, something that's comfortable, drives decent and offers good amount of space.

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 15th August 2022 at 12:42.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 14:35   #114
BHPian

Saw this car in a Hyundai showroom at Raipur. The showroom was next to the place where I had official work while on Raipur tour. Couldn't resist a quick visit for Tuscon.

I felt it is very premium inside out compare to other Hyundai cars. Solid cabin space management. They have utilised long wheel base very smartly.

No doubt looks are subjective. My personal opinion - This is the first Hyundai car I liked in thier recent design language range. I'm not big fan of split headlamp design which is becoming common now a days. But It looks good in person and acceptable to me.
Old 15th August 2022, 14:55   #115
BHPian

One thing to keep in mind is also how well certain features have been provided. We tend to just do tick mark. For eg, I found the resolution of the camera in Tucson much better than my friend's Alcazar.

Also, for me, safety triumphs any and all feature. The 5 star NCAP rating is enough to not compare this to other cars barely managing 3 stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
. They have skipped on a full size spare wheel in the diesel version while the petrol version comes with one, reason might be that 70% of their Tucson customers will be going for the diesel version as they have stated.

Regarding the smaller tyre in Diesel is probably nothing to do with cost cutting or maximizing profit. It is due to the BS6 norms which requires storage for AdBlue. The same is seen in outgoing model.

Last edited by neel911 : 15th August 2022 at 15:04. Reason: Added quote
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 15:06   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have driven the '18 Tucson for decent number of kilometers, over 10K.

I see lots of BHPians being aghast with the prices, even the Creta has become a ~22L SUV from ~15L in ~5 years.

I won't say prices of each is justified, that is something which depends on individual's preference, do they see value in the prices of both & other parameters. What I can absolutely tell you, that Tucson does feel from a segment above.
Could you please clarify whether you mean the new Tucson feels a segment above from the Creta or did you mean from the outgoing Tucson ?

Comparing the top AWD versions of outgoing and new Tucson, there is an on road price difference of around 9 lacs. Do you feel this difference is justified ? I wonder if there have been other cases in India where there was such a huge price difference between the new and outgoing models.
Old 15th August 2022, 15:15   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desidino View Post
Could you please clarify whether you mean the new Tucson feels a segment above from the Creta or did you mean from the outgoing Tucson ?

Comparing the top AWD versions of outgoing and new Tucson, there is an on road price difference of around 9 lacs. Do you feel this difference is justified ? I wonder if there have been other cases in India where there was such a huge price difference between the new and outgoing models.
Since you have a long term ownership thread of Tucson, I am sure you can really add some solid perspective to this discussion. Are you planning to checkout/test drive the new version?
Old 15th August 2022, 15:48   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have not driven the current one, Mod Vid and Omkar have. My observations are from 2018 AWD Tucson and various Creta / Seltos.

Quote:
Comparing the top AWD versions of outgoing and new Tucson, there is an on road price difference of around 9 lacs. Do you feel this difference is justified ?.
I have no comments on the price factor. If you re-read my reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I won't say prices of each is justified, that is something which depends on individual's preference, do they see value in the prices of both & other parameters. What I can absolutely tell you, that Tucson does feel from a segment above.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 16:36   #119
BHPian

Hello All,

Happy to share the good news I have confirmed my SA that we are going ahead with Tucson purchase.

Varient - Tucson Signature 2WD

Fuel Type - Diesel 2.0L

Colour - Fiery Red Duel Tone

After driving Elite i20 Diesel Manuel for 7 + years driving the all new Tucson Diesel feels great, pick up & torque felt too good for me. Tested in sport the car steering adds weight to it & I can feel the surge in torque. My SA confirmed the vehicle will be delivered in next 30 to 45 days maximum
Mathan1130 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 16:38   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post

My SA confirmed the vehicle will be delivered in next 30 to 45 days maximum
Congrats. And when did you book?
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks