Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 23:51   #151
BHPian

Re: Why I ditched an almost brand new Innova Crysta Diesel Automatic for the Innova Hycross

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk View Post
Why I Sold an almost brand new Crysta !
This is a genuine mistake.
Especially for highway drives. I undertstand the hydraulic vs electric because I drive the Crysta but I am not sure how much difference it will make with the shoulder pain.

But again, I understand not everyone thinks the same.

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th December 2022 at 06:40. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Swordfish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 01:47   #152
BHPian

Re: Why I ditched an almost brand new Innova Crysta Diesel Automatic for the Innova Hycross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
This is a genuine mistake.
Especially for highway drives. I undertstand the hydraulic vs electric because I drive the Crysta but I am not sure how much difference it will make with the shoulder pain.

But again, I understand not everyone thinks the same.
Sir, how much do you think will the Hycross dent the resale of Crysta? Since I own a brand new 2022 Innova Crysta 2.4 Z AT and I am becoming inclined towards the Hycross purely because I think it will be a much better urban dweller even though I have the thought of not having a RWD BoF for those occasional mountain trips and bad roads? Your opinion please... Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 07:44   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Car View Post
Sir, how much do you think will the Hycross dent the resale of Crysta? Since I own a brand new 2022 Innova Crysta 2.4 Z AT and I am becoming inclined towards the Hycross purely because I think it will be a much better urban dweller even though I have the thought of not having a RWD BoF for those occasional mountain trips and bad roads? Your opinion please... Thanks
It is perfectly normal, when a new car launches we feel left out and want to get on board eagerly. But the best thing to do as per my opinion is wait and watch. Once the novelty wears off, you will realize this was just another car.
The hybrids are not a runaway success even in a gasoline country like US where it makes hardly 5% of total sales. This after around 20 years of first hybrid in the form of Prius.

I have raised this concern previously also. The idea of a large SUV is more for that highway runs, mountain trips and bad roads. More fuel efficiency in city for big cars will be a bane for our already choked city roads.
Personally I feel it will be a big mistake to replace a recently purchased Crysta with Hycross by spending minimum 5-7L more.

Fleets prefer Crysta for a reason. This is a mark of durability, reliability and comfort. Let us see how many Hycross they are going to add in. Toyota themselves know this. If they sell Crysta and Hycross side by side, no guess who will be the volume runner here.
poloman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 08:03   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Car View Post
how much do you think will the Hycross dent the resale of Crysta? Since I own a brand new 2022 Innova Crysta 2.4 Z AT and I am becoming inclined towards the Hycross purely because I think it will be a much better urban dweller
The way Toyota prices its new products, I won't be surprised if you can sell your Crysta at the same price as you paid when new

I can see Petrol Innova resales getting affected a bit, but even on that, it will all depend on the Hycross prices. If it's your use case or just the itch of getting a newer vehicle, you should book the Hycross without worrying about the resales of Crysta.

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th December 2022 at 09:10. Reason: fixed quote.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:46   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
The hybrids are not a runaway success even in a gasoline country like US where it makes hardly 5% of total sales. This after around 20 years of first hybrid in the form of Prius.
Well, diesel was never a big thing in US. I think it is better to compare the Indian automotive fuel type trends with Europe than US. Diesel was indeed quite popular in Europe and it has been steadily coming down there, from more than half in 2015 to less than one-third by 2019 itself. Currently in EU Strong & Plug-in hybrid (31%) sells more than diesel (17%). In other words looks like in 3 more years (from 2019 to 2022) diesel further came down to 17% from around 32%. The EU market share of hybrid and battery EV together (41%) is greater than all petrol-only car sales!

Last edited by LobsterB : 13th December 2022 at 11:00.
LobsterB is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 18:04   #156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Has anyone actually managed to get refund of 50k from the 1L given for advance booking? I had a talk with my salesperson today who had told me they would refund the difference a week ago but has now changed his tone to say it's not possible.
Old 13th December 2022, 20:55   #157
BHPian

I went to Harsha Toyota (Velappanchavadi) showroom to see Hycross in person. I was disappointed by how the seats felt. To me, it didn't look/feel like Crysta and is a downgrade from what Crysta offered in terms of comfort, space, firmness of the seats. The seats are a little low, alright, but that's not a problem for me. The seats in the 2nd row didn't have the same thickness, the firmness, width or overall comfort of the Crysta, everything was a step or 2 down. Of course, the backrest of the 2nd row went all the way back and combined with Ottoman, this setup was good. You need to move the front passenger seat all the way forward. But thats it. Even the armrest has been fixed low and they don't stand at the angle we set, which means its either low or lifted. The width of the seat is less compared to Crysta. I am not sure how I would feel sitting in these seats for long hours compared to how I enjoyed sitting in Crysta. I didn't see any change to the boot space either.

The overall cabin looked small compared to Crysta and even at an overall view-point, I felt Crysta had a better feel inside the cabin than this. I gave the same feedback to the SA and left the showroom.
gopalnt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 21:55   #158
BHPian

Looks like Crysta owners are not happy with HyCross

Even with higher petrol price, the hybrid is a winner in powertrain. The big increase in mileage and refinement scores very high compared to Diesel Crysta.

I am not a big fan of the Ottoman, it looks half baked with manual and electrical controls. You have to wait to pull it up to go to 3rd row from the side. A bench seat with adjustable back rest would be good.
PreludeSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 22:03   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I went to Harsha Toyota (Velappanchavadi) showroom to see Hycross in person.
Has the HyCross already arrived in showrooms?
Old 13th December 2022, 22:50   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Has the HyCross already arrived in showrooms?
It was for a day in Chennai and the car is being taken to other parts as well.
Old 14th December 2022, 10:40   #161
BHPian

I looked at multiple reviews but didn't find much around paddle shifters. I understand that since its a sequential shift mechanism without actual gears, it will be something similar to paddle shifters on Honda City's CVT paddle shifters. Any inputs on paddle shifters' actual responsiveness in Hycross hybrid context.
Old 14th December 2022, 22:25   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
This is the max torque from the Petrol engine only. Toyota never quotes the max combined torque from the hybrid system as the system is so variable and therefore hard to really calculate.

And no this wont effect performance because a hybrid takes off using the electric motor which makes all of its torque at zero rpm.

Don't really think combined torque would be much cause at higher rpm's I'm presuming the electric motor shuts down or doesn't provide much to the engine
I think electric motor only assists at lower rpm

I also like the XUV 700 but the fuel efficiency is off putting
A hybrid version of XUV 700 would have been amazing
Are we expecting any updates to the current XUV 700?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Toyota Innova Hycross Review

[.

Wheels & Tyres

The ZX and ZX(O) come with 18" super chrome alloys shod with 225/50 section Goodyear Assurance tyres. This wheel-tyre combo looks too small compared to the metal on top. It does not fill up the wheel arches very well. Taller rubber would have definitely helped make it look proportionate. It would offer a cushier ride and lowered chances of alloy wheel damage on broken Indian roads.

Can I install larger tyres on this suv
Like 19 or even 20 inches
Will Toyota accept it when I go to the service centre ?

Last edited by bblost : 14th December 2022 at 23:22.
Old 14th December 2022, 23:43   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditikpurohit View Post
Can I install larger tyres on this suv
Like 19 or even 20 inches
Will Toyota accept it when I go to the service centre ?
If you want to maintain the same effective outer diameter of the tyre, probably it will be 30 or 35 section on a 19/20 inch rim. Service centre may not have issues just that any issues appearing on the suspension and related parts may not be honoured under warranty. If the car gets in to accidents on the account of super thin rubber section (like the rim cracking), the insurance may reject the claim.
If you put 19/20 inch rim with the same section (50) you are altering the diameter of the tyre and that can lead to all kind of issues (functioning of ABS, EPS, ADAS, braking) and you may loose the entire warranty on the vehicle.

Last edited by Guna : 14th December 2022 at 23:45.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 11:59   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
The US market and buyer behaviour cannot directly be compared to our situation here. There are two factors that are very different in the US market:

Firstly, petrol is real cheap in the US. Even today a litre of petrol sells for less than Rs 80. But this is not even the correct picture - the real comparison involves the relative expense on fuel compared to other goods and services i.e., on Purchasing power parity basis - where if you take purchasing power parity with with what we pay in India, for a US customer, buying a litre of petrol feels the same as what we feel when spending Rs. 30 or so per litre. So the interest in hybrids is simply not there as buying gas does not hurt as much.

Secondly, the average US customer is not so concerned about fuel efficiency or environmental impact - you can see the evidence in the sheer number of huge SUVs and pick-ups that customers there drive. The roads are flooded with ultra large cars - even the "standard" minivan there is the size of the Kia carnival and there no smaller MPVs like the Innova Crysta or Suzuki Ertiga.

The only reason EVs are popular in the US is due to the glamour quotient / show-off value associated with owning a Tesla.

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th December 2022 at 16:38. Reason: typo
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 16:11   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditikpurohit View Post
I also like the XUV 700 but the fuel efficiency is off putting
A hybrid version of XUV 700 would have been amazing
Are we expecting any updates to the current XUV 700?
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
And no this wont effect performance because a hybrid takes off using the electric motor which makes all of its torque at zero rpm. If AWD is not a requirement (looks are subjective but I find XUV700 to be better looking as it is more proportional), I would go with Innova because it looks like a much more practical 7 seater and will most definitely have better the efficiency than XUV700 and will be more reliable as well.
I have a friend who just booked Xuv700 P AX7L (top end) and was wondering if he should wait to check out Innova Hycross as well. Based on all the inputs about hycross what I figured is that the only place where its better than XUV is as a genuine 7 seater since 3rd row is more comfy and has addl luggage space. People looking for primarily 5 str dont need to goto Hycross. IN all other parameters like engine, power, perf, comfort, features, tech there is nothing in Hycross that is better. I agree efficiency cannot be compared but keep in mind that top end AX7L costs about 29lac OTR in BLR, same ZX(o) for Hycross will be 38+ mostly.
supertinu is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks