Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2022, 21:32   #301
R17
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Launched @ 18.30 Lakh

I do think it's a serious oversight to not deck the VX with 6 airbags. I'm not convinced that it's good value to spend 25L ex showroom (so 30L on road) for 2 airbags. The other miss from the customer perspective is that there is no 8 seat option with 6 airbags.
R17 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 21:54   #302
BHPian

Imho,this is still a bit overpriced. Why we think it's brilliant is cause Toyota usually hyperprice their products. So this overpriced product seems fine esp given the recent trends. I feel this will creep up in price within a year easily. But then no true competitor even now.
Senotrius is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 22:00   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi2un View Post
So I feel the hybrid vitara and its twin is now looking a bit overpriced at 23lakhs on road in Kerala. I personally would buy this Innova at that price range.
The Vitara/Hyryder is priced at 18.99 lakhs for the top end model, with an on-road price of 22.91 lakhs.

The Toyota Hycross is priced at 28.99 lakhs for the top end model, with an on-road price of 36.88 lakhs.

It's a difference of 10 lakhs ex-showroom and 14 lakhs on-road in Kerala.

At 23 lakhs on-road, you are getting the barebones Hycross petrol model, which if you want to compare to Hyryder base will be 12 lakhs on-road.

So overall the difference is 10-15 lakhs, for the appropriate variant.
inwester is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 22:03   #304
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
This forum may be impressed with the car. But 99% outside are the real decision makers who may be adverse to a petrol car with so much advanced tech.
I think it is the opposite. There are many out there in my friend circle who have booked Hycross expecting a reasonable pricing - they are all delighted now and have changed their booking to a variant or two higher. If BHP-ians like a Toyota, public might love it even more. This is going to be a runaway hit. Saying this, I might decide against buying one if quality is not going to be according to my satisfaction - targeting Tucson 4x2 in parallel.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 22:08   #305

That's actually priced really well considering the features Toyota finally decided to add to the Innova.
Crysta felt more overpriced compared to this even though I strongly feel that our mental needles have begun to accept this new normal of higher priced cars which makes this price easier to digest.
bladegradev8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 22:26   #306
BHPian

VX has everything going in its favor except 2 Airbags. Safety is the only reason i would go for ZX/ZXO... I strongly feel this has been done intentionally to drive buyers towards ZX. But all in all, this is definitely a good pricing coming from Toyota, hope it stays so for atleast a year.
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 23:20   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Claimed fuel economy of the Hybrid powertrain was 21.1 kmpl, I wonder how did it increase to 23.24 kmpl ?!
It's mentioned in the official page.
https://www.toyotabharat.com/news/20...a-hycross.html

So a difference of 7.14 kmpl for gasoline and hybrid engine. This diffrence will be more pronounced in City traffic for hybrid option.

VX pricing seems to be closer to my prediction. However GX pricing is superb. Almost 5 lakh price difference means, one can drive the GX variant for atleast 1 lakh km for the price difference. My annual running would be around 7k to 10k km. So it makes more sense to go for GX variant for me. I had pre-booked VX hybrid.

VX main features that would be missed in GX (in the order of priority for me)
1. Hybrid engine (torque)
2. Auto climate control
3. Front and back parking sensors
4. Auto Dimming IRVM
5. 17 inch alloy wheels
6. Cruise control
7. Paddle shifters
8. Soft touch dashboard.
9. Dual tone interior finish.
10. Leather wrapped steering and gear lever knob

Had they given 6 airbags in VX variant, it would have been a no-brainer. 5 lakhs for the above features seems bit too much now. Really confused now. Listen to heart or head

How about others who pre booked and looking at lower or mid variants?
jthomas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 23:48   #308
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
I am surprised to see people calling it a good pricing ...
Kind of echo this sentiment. I think somehow features are being mistaken for a reason to have these prices.

- In the fully loaded top version's price , it should be compared with vehicles at same price range. The quality will feel shabby as compared to cars in similar price range.

- Saving costs due to hybrid engine might not be applicable to most (non-commercial) folks considering the price difference between the regular and hybrid variants.

I would buy this car not for the pricing (high), features (parity at best, average otherwise in most variants) or quality (low) but because options in 6+ seater segment are relatively few.

Last edited by One : 29th December 2022 at 00:04.
One is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 00:24   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Just one lac??! For the rest of us, it is 15 lacs more affordable!
Not really 'rest of us', at least not me. Most of the predictions were around 37/38 ish inching closer to 40 (for the top end model) and not 50 lakhs!

Last edited by Guna : 29th December 2022 at 00:26.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 01:07   #310
BHPian

I was right after all! The top end in Mumbai will nearly touch 40L. Time will tell what this new Innova can endure.
Old 29th December 2022, 02:44   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Glad to have pre-booked!
But I am only concerned about the safety rating it will get.
My other choice was/is XUV700.

If this launch can get some customers from XUV700, then I may shift to Diesel XUV700 AT.
Pretty good chance it will get 5 stars. Toyota doesn't play the game of selling tin cans in India and better quality cars abroad like Hyundai/Kia/Maruti etc to skimp on production costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black n' White View Post
Reasonable pricing, indeed!

But, as per the Toyota pricing policy, this 18-29 L range may easily skyrocket to 28-39 L or more in a couple of years. Remember how Innova Crysta which was priced just at 13-20 L during the time of launch, easily reached the 18-27 range in a very short period.

I am afraid if those who are at the end of the waiting queue will be able to own this dream car without seeing multiple price hikes!
And don't forget, that model came with the superior 2.8L engine. That's the way all manufacturers have been doing it recently. Massively increased the price of the old model the past 2 years and now the next generation model can be priced at a slight premium instead of a big jump. Look at BMW trying to sell the globally outdated X1 here for 45L after deleting the all wheel drive system and M-sports package which were available for cheaper for 3 years after launch. You pay extra for the privilege of losing features over the years

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
I tried predicting the prices last month https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5446574 (Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled). Got the ZX pricing right to the dot. On base models Toyota decided not to spend on marketing and just drop the base prices by a lakh which adds 10x traffic than full page ad etc. Brilliant move.
I too thought the ZX(o) variant would be priced atleast 2-3L above the ZX going along with what Mahindra has done with Z8 and Z8L pricing on the ScorpioN, charging 3L premium for miniscule features like front camera and speakers. There is barely a premium charged for the ZX(O) and I don't think anyone will buy the ZX now.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 02:49   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
I was right after all! The top end in Mumbai will nearly touch 40L. Time will tell what this new Innova can endure.
Top end OTR price for Mumbai is 34.5-35 L not 40L.
koolkunz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 05:07   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Uploaded the wrong file above. I don't know if anyone has this variant wise feature list or not. Attaching it.

You sure that's the correct brochure as it shows very small tyre size for Petrol only variant. 205/65 R16. That's my Nexon's tyre size.

Last edited by psbali : 29th December 2022 at 05:10.
Old 29th December 2022, 05:19   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
You sure that's the correct brochure as it shows very small tyre size for Petrol only variant. 205/65 R16. That's my Nexon's tyre size.
Its the standard size that has been used in Honda city, Skodas etc for a long time. The innova has small tyres typical of an MPV sadly.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 06:13   #315
BHPian

Surprised to see such a well thought out pricing from Toyota. I am glad that Toyota didn't follow other manufactures who have been pricing their new offerings greedily.

I guess both XUV700 and Tucson are going to have some serious competition if Toyota can keep the waiting times low.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks