Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2023, 15:14   #1801
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
The carlinkit 3.0 is just an extra dongle to get wireless carplay and nothing else. Meanwhile android box is like an extra unit with 32gb internal storage, 3 gb ram, Sim card slot for 4G cellular or you can connect to a wifi network/hotspot in the specific product i linked so you don't need to pair and connect your phone to use maps or play music (will still need to connect to the hotspot though).

It seems quite interesting product. Saw the videos too. Will it work on my VX hybrid with Android phone or will it work worh iPhone only given it says CARPLAY. have asked on Amazon too

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th June 2023 at 15:21. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion while replying.
Old 14th June 2023, 15:21   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
It seems quite interesting product. Saw the videos too. Will it work on my VX hybrid with Android phone or will it work worh iPhone only given it says CARPLAY. have asked on Amazon too
Both the products will help make Android Auto and CarPlay wireless. I haven't tested with an Android phone but I'm sure it will work just as good as they claim. If you seem to have any kind of connection issue, You also have an option to return it for a full refund so it's worth trying out.
Old 14th June 2023, 21:52   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
If Toyota has priced the Innova Hycross (somewhat) sensibly, it means a Maruti version is also coming
Though this was a wild guess, this has turned out to be true
Hope the launch of Maruti Invicto brings down the waiting period for Hycross.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 11:27   #1804
BHPian

For myself and other Hycross owners, maruti innova puts a big question mark on resale value as Hycross and invicto may be perceived as a collaboration between ms and Toyota and not a product of Toyota itself.

MS cars generally have very good resale value but can't match Toyota's resale value in the long run.

Also, I am still confused and unsure about the quality of parts and components in general used in Hycross, is it Toyota-level quality or a mix between ms and Toyota, because there is a clear difference between the two when it comes to quality and longevity.

Toyota will definitely have a lot of doubts to clear going forward.
Old 15th June 2023, 12:05   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
For myself and other Hycross owners, Maruti innova puts a big question mark on resale value as Hycross and invicto may be perceived as a collaboration between ms and Toyota and not a product of Toyota itself.
Using the infinity stone to beat the infinity stone.
But then the Innova is no exclusive car, having more of it on the road doesn't change anything. Toyota have been making good profits from by rebadging Suzuki's both in India and in overseas. So I guess now it's Suzuki's turn to do the same. After sales support of NEXA is unmatched with. Suzuki is just demanding premium and moving up the ladder.
IMO the market has already accepted this, only the Suzuki haters are in denial.
Both the brands have their stance in the market. Ultimately it will be the consumer's choice on which brand to go for. In the long run, I am sure the hycross will have a better value than its expensive cousin. In any which way, Toyota and MS will get their money.

Also guys, I am planning to get 1.5inch spacers for my friend's ZXO as birthday gift. Is that a good purchase for 20k? Are their any downsides for using it? I had it in my E55. It caused uneven wear on my tires that couldn't have been fixed with an alignment as I converted the AirMatic to coilovers which cannot be adjusted much. I was told to get adjustable control arms so I just kept using it that way. I believe the uneven wear was caused from the coilover conversion. Here's an Instagram reel I saw which gave me the idea.
Old 15th June 2023, 15:43   #1806

Hi All, Just wanted to know if VX(O) 7/8 seater deliveries have started? Since I have booked one and might expect one in a short while.
Old 15th June 2023, 17:00   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller3300 View Post
Hi All, Just wanted to know if VX(O) 7/8 seater deliveries have started? Since I have booked one and might expect one in a short while.
Started in March end itself as I got my VX(O) 7 seater in the first week of April
sanketdesai82 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 17:16   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller3300 View Post
I don’t think 8 seater versions are getting registered for private use. If you booked one recently, please don’t expect one in a short while. My booking from December is still left on seen with no reply. I even told my SA anything VXO or above is fine for me in whatever color they get and also made 3 other bookings this month with different dealerships. I’m also planning to do the same for Maruti Suzuki version.
Old 15th June 2023, 17:29   #1809

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
I don’t think 8 seater versions are getting registered for private use. If you booked one recently, please don’t expect one in a short while. My booking from December is still left on seen with no reply. I even told my SA anything VXO or above is fine for me in whatever color they get and also made 3 other bookings this month with different dealerships. I’m also planning to do the same for Maruti Suzuki version.

"Short While" in Toyota parlance is 6-8 months . Same here with bookings in 2 different dealerships.
Old 15th June 2023, 23:25   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I bought a Hycross VX Hybrid and have been having trouble with the CARPLAY since the very first day. It is a wired Carplay and it frequently disconnects and I have to unplug, wait a few seconds and plug it back again.

This is a pain whilst driving. The Toyota workshop folks seem to be drawing a blank.

Has anyone else experienced this on their vehicle? Any resolutions?
I am also facing same issue and the service centre guys at Espirit Toyota told me they are waiting for an update to solve this issue.

I have used both original apple type A as well as those from Amazon. But problem still persists

Last edited by samitjain : 15th June 2023 at 23:31.
Old 15th June 2023, 23:58   #1811
BHPian

Finally, got VXO 8S Pearl White home today.

There are a lot of people i need to thank and will do so soon , but for today I'll keep it short.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_5500.jpeg  

woodstock3001 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 12:14   #1812

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post

DVR:
DVR seems to be made by a OEM supply company called NSV Auto (Dubai HQ www.nsvauto.com , India https://nsvindiaauto.com/). It has parking incident recording as well. Comes with 32GB SD card. ( See my earlier post for DVR pics https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5510003 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review) )

Hi, any update about the toyota Dash cam after your usage?
Old 16th June 2023, 14:06   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Raman Tikka for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
On the whole, the Hycross does give an SUV feel. However, after charging nearly Rs 37 lakh for the top model, Toyota has been very miserly in some very basic features. They have not provided back-lit control on the driver side door lock-unlock and at night one had to really struggle to find it. For Android users, there is no wireless connection and is provided only for Apple users.

The USB wire connection is very unreliable and one has to plug in and out many times to remain connected.

The settings could have easily been given thru the LED panel instead of the complicated selection from the driving wheel.

The average fuel efficiency is still 12 to 13 km per litre.

The dealers after charging Rs 50,000 for compulsory accessories provide only 1 pillow, no external body cover. All in all, a very miserly approach to a top-end model.

Let's hope the Maruti version will not do the same and some competition is good for the consumers. Toyota seems to be taking the customers for granted due to a near monopolistic position in the market that they have established.

Regards
Raman T
Old 16th June 2023, 14:21   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Hmm I seem to be the only person to have no issues with the USB cable connection. Wired CarPlay is very stable and haven’t faced any problems no matter who’s phone is connected. It works fine with the original cable as well as the Amazon basics MFI cable I bought for some 500-700 rs.

I do have problems with wireless CarPlay though. It only works on my father’s 12 pro but not my aging XS. I always thought it was just a phone network issue since wired works fine.

Make sure to plug into the USB-A slot under the console, the USB-C slot is only for charging and has no data connection.
Old 16th June 2023, 19:32   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferokan View Post
Hi, any update about the toyota Dash cam after your usage?
Dashcam is working as per its advertised function i.e it records while driving and is supposed to record during parking if G sensors are triggered (which has not been tested by me till now) . It worked without any issues during summer when car was mostly parked outside.

But main thing one should consider is if you need 24/7 recording or not. Recently there was an incident when the left side mirror of my car was stolen(only the mirror part, not the whole assembly. Car was parked near JC road in Bangalore). The mirror is fixed by some grooves and can be removed quickly if one has enough practice. This event did not have any trigger to start parking mode recording. So there was no footage of this event.

If there was a cam with 24/7 recording, it may have helped.

So if your need is recording mainly during driving then Toyota DVR is decent. But if you need 24/7, then consider third party options.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks