Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2023, 01:32   #1891
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
My ZxO with extended warranty, service package, about 40k worth of accessories and toyota insurance came out to just 38.5L in Kerala.
Prices are increasing every month. The picture below shows the prices from May, and they have increased further. In May, it was 39.12L.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-94590ff98b7440c78d125d378089e28d.jpeg  

hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 21:38   #1892
BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_9105.jpeg

My iConnect app stopped updating a few days ago. I removed the car and added it back and now I have this message. It’s been over 24 hours but the message isn’t going away nor is the status getting updated. The remote functions also aren’t working.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 09:17   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_ag View Post
There's a picture of a wheel cap partially covered with the cladding and it appears that the cladding is not single piece. If it is multiple pieces per wheel then there might be some visible joins or seams. That's what I was referring to. Are those seams very visible? Perhaps a close up picture of the cladding will help.
Attaching closer pic for reference. Apologies for delay as was out & dirty pic as car has just completed Delhi kufri trip in rains. & 1 pic for treat for eyes. I love clicking my car pics

For anyone looking for highway / mountain review - its an awesome car. Power is always available & car climbed till kufri without sweat that too in ECO Mode. I'll be posting review soon as have already completed approx 3k kms in 15 days across city & highway. (3 trips in 15 days)
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6353.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6352.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-4005d7cc05ff4e9ebd42e5e1e511541f.jpeg  

woodstock3001 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 00:47   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton_meteor View Post
An Innova with a 2.0-litre Atkinson-cycle petrol engine getting XP95. It's indeed an overkill for this engine which just runs fine with normal petrol
Isn't it advisable to only run this on Min 95 Octane fuel given that the Toyota Hyryder 1.5 3 Cylinder Atkinson engine reportedly has issues with plain 91 Octane fuel? What does your owners manual say for the fuel acceptable?
Old 4th July 2023, 12:40   #1895

That is a very nice review !
Agree with all the points, including the Coasting tip.
I, too, have the Attitude Black colour Hycross Zx(O).

Here are a few tips to increase mileage from my experiences:

1. Use DRCC with the least aggressive acceleration setting on empty highway stretches.

2. Keep switching off DRCC when a vehicle in the same lane is visible because, unlike a human driver, the DRCC starts taking brakes much earlier and aggressively.

3. Keep the DRCC distance setting to the least so that braking time is delayed. Also, it keeps irritating drivers away to some extent who keep getting in between the lane gap, forcing your car to the emergency brake.

4. Keep switching off DRCC when a 2-wheeler is in the adjacent lane. From my experience, the system is trained to avoid two-wheelers actively and take brakes more aggressively.

5. Switch off the REAR AC and blower when no one is sitting over there.

6. Put Heat rejecting film on all Glass areas, including the sunroof. it helps reduce the load on the auto AC

7. When in City traffic, drive in Eco mode. It hardly makes a difference in the driving experience (except by reducing the blower speed).

8. When on highways with too many ups and down and overtaking requirements, switch to Sports mode. The driving experience changes phenomenally and charges the hybrid battery faster.
tkumarabhishek is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 16:04   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Isn't it advisable to only run this on Min 95 Octane fuel given that the Toyota Hyryder 1.5 3 Cylinder Atkinson engine reportedly has issues with plain 91 Octane fuel? What does your owners manual say for the fuel acceptable?
There is no issue in filling Normal Petrol in Hycross. I was earlier using Xtra Premium 95 Octane fuel for initial 2800 kms. Now I have switched back to Normal Petrol in my Hybrid vehicle. No issues till date.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 16:42   #1897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
There is no issue in filling Normal Petrol in Hycross. I was earlier using Xtra Premium 95 Octane fuel for initial 2800 kms. Now I have switched back to Normal Petrol in my Hybrid vehicle. No issues till date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Toyota made the HyCross E20 material compliant in May-June 2023. New cars have no issues running on normal petrol. Earlier cars are best driven on 95 octane, in interest of lower ethanol. For the record, HyCross as well as Hyryder need 91 octane minimum, not 95. Hyryder hybrid has always been E20 materials compliant.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 20:14   #1898
BHPian

Innova Hycross price hiked by 27000.
Old price vs New price
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230705201045_boost.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230705200958_chrome.jpg  

manofinfinity is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 22:12   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Innova Hycross price hiked by 27000.
Old price vs New price
They want to project INNOVA as a premium pricy brand. This one of the reasons why INVICTO is missing out on basic necessary features to keep the low initial cost on paper as compared to INNOVA HYCROSS. This is well-planned so that INNOVA does not lose out in this race. Hence the prices are increased further.

Not giving the re-launched CRYSTA with an AT gearbox even in their top ZX trim is also a part of their strategy to promote Hycross. So, just imagine a brand which is ready to sacrifice Crysta AT sale-figures to promote their brand-new Hybrid car ! How can they miss to create a "more premium" hype with Hycross as compared to Invicto ?

Hycross will soon be 40+ on-road in many cities in India. While Fortuner is already around 60. Toyota has always wanted to be in a situation of lower sale volume coupled with more profit across its portfolio.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 5th July 2023 at 22:32.
Old 5th July 2023, 23:55   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
They want to project INNOVA as a premium pricy brand. This one of the reasons why INVICTO is missing out on basic necessary features to keep the low initial cost on paper as compared to INNOVA HYCROSS. This is well-planned so that INNOVA does not lose out in this race. Hence the prices are increased further.
I don't believe that's the reason; it's purely due to inflation. Almost all carmakers are witnessing increased cost pressure driven by overall inflation, regulatory requirements, and rising input costs. In case you missed it, it wasn't just the Hycross that got a price hike; the Crysta, Fortuner, Camry, and Vellfire also saw increases. Not to mention, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Honda, Hero, and some other companies also had price hikes on their vehicles.

The on-road pricing of the Hycross ZXO has already crossed 40L in Kerala if extra accessories are included.
hAwX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 20:07   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
Attachment 2470874

My iConnect app stopped updating a few days ago. I removed the car and added it back and now I have this message. It’s been over 24 hours but the message isn’t going away nor is the status getting updated. The remote functions also aren’t working.
Has anyone else faced this issue? The service guys say that they have reported this to Toyota and it’s a nation wide issue with their servers.
Old 7th July 2023, 10:40   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone else faced this issue? The service guys say that they have reported this to Toyota and it’s a nation wide issue with their servers.
I haven't faced this issue. I have Android and it is working fine.

Related to the App, if the car hasn't been driven for more than 7 days, the i-Connect functionalities will not work.
Old 7th July 2023, 14:08   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Had the same issue, for close to a week, but it started working from yesterday night without any intervention or complaint from my side.
Old 8th July 2023, 18:14   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton_meteor View Post
But don’t take advantage of the superior ride and handling to hammer it through rough roads. This is not a Crysta. This is not a ladder frame architecture. The ZX(O) does not have enough sidewall to take the beating, and you have to slow down for bad roads like you would in a sedan. The G and V variants will fare better here (the 16in and 17in wheels look puny though). For some reason, HyCross feels like a high-riding Camry, and that is why you feel like you need to slow down for broken patches, whereas in a Crysta, you would pummel through them. My recommendation is to drive the HyCross like a sedan, and you would be very pleased with the ride comfort.
Truly an amazingly intricate read!
Just a thought: The ride quality part does make me wonder how a HyCross would perform on bad roads if one was to slap on steel rims with THICK side wall tyres. Would that bring it at par with Crysta or something more would be needed?
Old 9th July 2023, 05:58   #1905
BHPian

Noob question - what is the intended use of the “EV mode” button? As I understand, the switch between the EV mode and Petrol mode is automatic and seamless and doesn’t require manual intervention. There are parameters which define when the EV mode would be triggered and the car does that automatically.
The couple of times I have pressed the button I get the message stating that the Hybrid battery does not have enough charge to trigger the EV mode. Which I kind of understand since it keep moving between EV and petrol mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks