Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2023, 21:47   #1816
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

I am looking for leather seat cover options for my VX 8 str variant, has anyone fitted any good leather seat covers yet?
If yes, please share the price and brand, and overall quality.
Old 17th June 2023, 19:04   #1817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
I am looking for leather seat cover options for my VX 8 str variant, has anyone fitted any good leather seat covers yet?
If yes, please share the price and brand, and overall quality.
Do check out Trust Car Interiors in Lokhandwala Andheri West or Orchis Powai, both in Mumbai. Although I haven’t tried either, have heard only good stuff about both…

Here’s a picture of a HyCross that was done by Trust car interiors.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-eb51e89cd76449608b1ba36333836bfb.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 11:59   #1818
BHPian

Quick question- Can I shift to "N" without pressing "Engine Start ".
Reason. Needed to shift the car to a "Flat bed" after a water wading incident and to do that we need to put the car to Neutral.
We are advised not to start the engine to avoid Engine damage .
Confused how to shift to neutral without "switching on" the car.
Any insights ?
Old 18th June 2023, 12:39   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Reason. Needed to shift the car to a "Flat bed" after a water wading incident and to do that we need to put the car to Neutral.
Any insights ?
I am not 100% sure, but there should be shift lock release option which should let to shift to N without starting. There is one in my car but haven't used. Not very sure how this works though as I have never tried.
Old 18th June 2023, 12:39   #1820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Any insights ?
Just above the letter P on the gearbox console, there is a small tab, insert your car’s physical key into the tab, (not sure if the tab needs to be removed with the key) and you’ll be able to shift the shifter out of park into neutral.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-19094534841e4691b75f3b57dd602c72.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 18th June 2023 at 12:41.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 21:33   #1821

Hello everyone. I'm [b] B]sharing one of the first instances of a part recall by Toyota for Innova Hycross [/ where the driver seat was removed and a new bracket was fixed. I have attached pictures of the same. I wonder if all others are also getting calls for the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230618_213039_toyota-iconnect.jpg  

Manveet84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 09:00   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveet84 View Post
Hello everyone. I'm sharing one of the first instances of a part recall by Toyota for Innova Hycross where the driver seat was removed and a new bracket was fixed. I have attached pictures of the same. I wonder if all others are also getting calls for the same.
I don't see any recall on the Toyota website (https://www.toyotabharat.com/q-service/safety-recall/).

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230619-8.58.44-am.png
Old 19th June 2023, 10:08   #1823
BHPian

In sales figure of may 2023 Innova crysta sales seem to 60% higher than the hycross, according to this article and recent sales figure.
https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-sale...medium=twitter
Old 19th June 2023, 11:32   #1824

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I don't see any recall on the Toyota website (https://www.toyotabharat.com/q-service/safety-recall/).

Attachment 2465710
I got a call from the dealership and specifically I was told a part will be changed as per Toyota instructions. Seems Toyota has not updated the website. Let's see how many more members report such incidents.
Old 19th June 2023, 11:48   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
In sales figure of may 2023 Innova crysta sales seem to 60% higher than the hycross, according to this article and recent sales figure.
https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-sale...medium=twitter
I think the sales of Hycross are restricted by the production capacity. Sales and demand don't correlate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveet84 View Post
I got a call from the dealership and specifically I was told a part will be changed as per Toyota instructions. Seems Toyota has not updated the website. Let's see how many more members report such incidents.
When is the date of manufacturing of your car? Could this be an issue with earlier cars. Mine was manufactured in mid may.

Could this be variant specific? Which one do you have?

Last edited by Sheel : 19th June 2023 at 14:01. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 20th June 2023, 05:41   #1826

Folks, I have a doubt regarding the serviceability/repairability of Toyota Hycross hybrid cars in smaller, Tier-2 cities or rural towns:

Supposing an owner of Hycross car living in a small Tier-2 city runs into a problem with the car relating to the hybrid system (like traction battery failure, or hybrid sytem malfunction) - will the local or nearest Toyota Service Center be able to fix the problem & get the car back to normal? Or will they require to send the car to a bigger, major Service Centre in a metro or Tier-1 city who have the capability or technical expertise to fix complex issues related to the hybrid system (resulting in several weeks of delay)?

If anyone has information about this, please let me know.
Old 20th June 2023, 07:40   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
What’s the difference between carlinkit 3.0 and the AI box? Or if you could point me in the right direction
I had placed an order on Amazon for AI box but decided to cancel for 2 reasons.
1. Product offered on Amazon is 4g + 32 gb. There is one higher model 4g + 64 gb which is not offered for sale it seems in India.
2. Would like a feedback if anyone has used it on hycross. I had booked after The seller on Amazon assured that it will work on hycross so i booked.
I however realised that there could be some problem so wait for user review before ordering sometihng worth 18k. Problem could be 360 camera. My experience is everytime there is a brake/speed below 20 kmph 360 camera view comes on screen so same thing may happen if i connect AI box. If anyone has any answer, please let me know. Thnx Abhijeet
Old 20th June 2023, 17:59   #1828

I booked Hycorss ZX Hybrid variant in November and I got a call from Shaw Toyota Pune that I should be getting it in a couple of weeks. However, they are levying Rs 15,900 as Miscellaneous charges. On further enquiry, they said its for the PDI, petrol and registration expenses. I have written an email to Toyota India condemning this shady practice of Shaw Toyota. I just hope they agree to remove it.

Should I take the insurance from Toyota? They gave a quotation of 1.38L. Acko zero dep with RTI and a few add-ons is around 67k. What do you guys suggest?
Old 20th June 2023, 18:03   #1829
BHPian

BHPians, I am not at all happy with the camera quality of the Hycross.
I researched on how to improve it, but to no avail.
Then I remembered that Hycross is sold in Indonesia as well, so tried to get some information from there.
It appears that Zenix (Hycross's name in Indonesia) has 360 degree view only on the top end (Q HV variant, I think which is equivalent to our ZX).
But the accessories market in Indonesia has already busy getting it for lower variants.
And to top it off, the camera quality is also awesome and integrated with the head unit!

Check out the links which you will have to translate to English.
Link 1: Camera accessories

Would be interesting if someone can guide any other way to upgrade the camera quality.
Old 20th June 2023, 18:57   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
I had placed an order on Amazon for AI box but decided to cancel for 2 reasons.
1. Product offered on Amazon is 4g + 32 gb. There is one higher model 4g + 64 gb which is not offered for sale it seems in India.
2. Would like a feedback if anyone has used it on hycross.
Hey, you can return it if any of those features doesn't work as it does have a 10 days period i guess. I have one but I use it in my Nexon, I do not own a Hycross to test it. Mine is the 32gb version and it works just fine. And from my understanding, its just airing from the inbuilt wired CarPlay and the wireless CarPlay within the AI box is connected separately so the cameras coming on below 20kph must work just fine even with it connected.

If you plan on getting one, remember not to update any streaming apps as it would stop working due to driver safety norms.

If you have a VXO or upper trims, I don't see the point in getting one as the main purpose of such items is to get wireless AA/CP. YouTube Netflix and all works fine but one would only use it for the first few days out of excitement. I barely paid 11k-13k for mine as it was purchased from Canada so it was worth it for me.

There will be a small lag once in a while which is inevitable even with superior specs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks