Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2023, 13:12   #1876
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
One doubt on sun roof. Heard that it was very uncomfortable in hot summer. Adding sun film is sufficient to block the heat?
The roof has a solid shutter. This can be kept closed when sunroof isn’t needed. I didn’t feel the car getting hot. And to top it off, the AC is fantastic.

Last edited by ashwinikalantri : 29th June 2023 at 13:13.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 13:15   #1877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
One doubt on sun roof. Heard that it was very uncomfortable in hot summer. Adding sun film is sufficient to block the heat?
Sunroof is already heavily tinted compared to side windows. The sunshade is also thick enough unlike the Grand Vitara, so no light or heat is felt with it closed
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 18:58   #1878
BHPian

A general query: Is the Hycross now a proper minivan as opposed to an MUV? Or is a sliding door mandatory to be classified as a minivan?
Old 29th June 2023, 20:48   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Can the recent car buyers confirm if all new cars are coming as E20 compliant now?
Took delivery of a June 2023 manufactured ZX(O) and it indeed has the E20 sticker
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 20:59   #1880
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone been able to compare the GX vs the Hybrid ?
Old 29th June 2023, 22:14   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Has anyone been able to compare the GX vs the Hybrid ?
What are they being compared in terms of, exactly? There are some YouTube videos though.
Old 29th June 2023, 23:25   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopGTkrish View Post
A general query: Is the Hycross now a proper minivan as opposed to an MUV? Or is a sliding door mandatory to be classified as a minivan?
The terms "MPV/MUV" and "minivan" are sometimes used interchangeably, but they have regional variations in usage. "Minivan" is the more common term in North America, while "MPV" is more globally recognised and used in other parts of the world. So not only the Hycross but also the original Innova has always been a minivan. Sliding door isn't mandatory.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230629-11.23.32-pm.png
hAwX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 08:22   #1883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
What are they being compared in terms of, exactly? There are some YouTube videos though.
We actually have a thread that compares the two. I have answered my own question above

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ss-crysta.html (Battle of Innovas | Hycross or Crysta?)
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 09:00   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton_meteor View Post
Completed 6000 km with the HyCross ZX (O). Here are my impressions

Last but not the least, the HyCross returns anywhere between 16-18 kpl under regular city driving conditions. Highcross does not like highways where the efficiency drops to 14kpl because the engine is mostly active in the highways while at 100-120kph. On some days when you are driving sedately and maintaining speeds below 90kph, you do get to see 20-22 kpl

Attachment 2469503
It has the presence, performance, efficiency, comfort and promise of reliability - A new Hy indeed. It does punch above its weight.
Definitely, a fabulous car. I had a lot of doubts before purchasing Hycross, even though I was owning Innova previously.

Super spacious, and very comfortable for 6 adults, including for those in last row, with one check-in size and several other backpack size luggage loaded.

Extremely powerful if we are willing to burn hydrocarbons. We can see most cars disappearing in the rear view mirror if the pedal is floored.

Super efficient if we want to save the environment.

I have consistently got 16+ kmpl with high speeds. If you are steady at around 100-110, 18-19kmpl is pretty easily achievable. Just be careful with the accelerator pedal.
samm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 15:55   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Also I suggest considering a good quality graphene coating that comes with at least a 3-year warranty. This coating will help keep your paint protected for a longer period of time.
Thank you for all of your suggestions. Showroom is pushing on Ceramic coating at 35K with 2 coupons. I will check for graphene coating outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
1. No, I was planning to upsize to Michelins but after seeing the car in person, it doesn't look undertyred. Also changing diameter would mess with acceleration, mileage and handling.
Thank you, this helps I will continue with factory fitted tyres for now.

Took insurance for showroom itself at 1.2L, I think it is expensive, I agreed on this one and asked not to push anything else.
Old 1st July 2023, 09:17   #1886
BHPian

Inthe hybrid variants, due to the placement of the batteries, there’s no space below the the front seats anymore. Rear passengers used to be able to slide/stretch their feet under the the front seats in the Crysta.

When I checked out the hycross at the showroom, this lack of space was quite distinct and concerning, especially if the vehicle’s being used with passengers in all 3 rows, as the second row may not be pushed all the way back.

To the owners of the hycross, in real-world usage, is this still a problem, or something that passengers can be comfortable with?
kaushalswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 20:57   #1887

It is worth mentioning here that if we had the GX Hybrid variant like in Indonesia, it would be filling a huge price gap between GX and VX-Hybrid variant. In indonesia the price different between G Petrol variant and G Hybrid is only 2.25L. It becomes a no-brainer for a lot of people who want the hybrid but dont want to stretch upto the VX variant.

This price gap would be targeted by Suzuki invicto most probably. Its worth waiting for the price release of the Hybrid only Invicto till the 5th of July
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-indianhycross-vs-indonesianzenix.jpg  

MotouringSundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 21:06   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushalswarup View Post
To the owners of the hycross, in real-world usage, is this still a problem, or something that passengers can be comfortable with?
It was a problem for me and my grandmother. But we got acclimatized to this.
We have the 8 seater, so if we feel uncomfortable, we just cross-fold our legs and keep them on our seat.
But yes, you need to get used to this and if you feel you cannot, then non-Hybrid maybe the way to go (and hit the Accessories world to bling it out with necessary features).
Old 1st July 2023, 23:33   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotouringSundar View Post
This price gap would be targeted by Suzuki invicto most probably. Its worth waiting for the price release of the Hybrid only Invicto till the 5th of July
I have a booking for the Invicto, and my advisor said it will only come in two hybrid models: Zeta+ and Alpha+. These models are equivalent to the VX and ZX. The price difference between the models will be similar to the Hycross (5-6L), and the Alpha+ will be priced around or below 35L (On-road Kerala. The ZXO is 40L). They have already finished their training for the vehicle, so they know all the details. They told me that they can't disclose any further information until the 5th.

Last edited by hAwX : 1st July 2023 at 23:38. Reason: Kerala on-road price
Old 2nd July 2023, 01:26   #1890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a booking for the Invicto, and my advisor said it will only come in two hybrid models: Zeta+ and Alpha+. These models are equivalent to the VX and ZX. The price difference between the models will be similar to the Hycross (5-6L), and the Alpha+ will be priced around or below 35L (On-road Kerala. The ZXO is 40L). They have already finished their training for the vehicle, so they know all the details. They told me that they can't disclose any further information until the 5th.
My ZxO with extended warranty, service package, about 40k worth of accessories and toyota insurance came out to just 38.5L in Kerala.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks