Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2023, 19:56   #1861
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Finally, got the side cladding installed. It was quick 45 mins job to install it. No drilling required. There are a total of 8 pieces (2 per tyre) which needs to be installed. Every piece is pasted & has a screw space as per car. Got it done from Auto pros, Located in Rohini. Super helpful guys and looking at my list of questions and confusion, he said will do himself and with complete satisfaction. Highly recommended.

Note : This is not OEM product / spare part, but an accessory costed me Rs 6500/- You can contact him using below details -

Tushar (Rinku)
Auto Pros

Refer below pics for Before, During installation & after.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-1.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-2.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-3.jpg  

woodstock3001 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 06:59   #1862
BHPian

My Hycross - ZX, booked in Nov last year is finally getting delivered in next few days. I need help/suggestions on the following:
1. Tyre upgrade - is this required. What would be the preferred brand and size.
2. Mats
3. Dashcam (Front + Back)

Any other accessories that need to be installed?

Thanks in Advance
Old 28th June 2023, 10:45   #1863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
My Hycross - ZX, booked in Nov last year is finally getting delivered in next few days. I need help/suggestions on the following:
1. Tyre upgrade - is this required. What would be the preferred brand and size.
2. Mats

Thanks in Advance
1. No, I was planning to upsize to Michelins but after seeing the car in person, it doesn't look undertyred. Also changing diameter would mess with acceleration, mileage and handling.

2. The overpriced 7d mats I bought from the dealership are not that good. Get decent ones from outside.

3. Didn't get this done because dealership dashcam didn't seem that good.

Get the footwell ambient lighting, it looks very premium and looks stock compared to the other ambient lighting in the car.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 11:40   #1864
BHPian

Hello everyone, I want to ask how much FE everyone is getting on an average?
And also, is your DTE calculated according to FE Displayed on MID?

Recently my DTE indicator is acting weird and not actually calculated according to what mileage is displayed on mid, is anyone else facing this issue?

For example, let's say I fill petrol of 1200(prices in my area is 94.45 per liter). Which equals to 12.70 liters approximately, which results in DTE showing just 165. Which equals to 13kmpl roughly, but the mid average is showing 16kmpl.

Hence it should have shown 205 or something, but it is not calculating accordingly and just stuck on 12-13kmpl for quite some time.
Old 28th June 2023, 11:44   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
My Hycross - ZX, booked in Nov last year is finally getting delivered in next few days.
Congratulations Buddy I still do not have an update on mine!

Quote:
1. Tyre upgrade - is this required.
2. Mats
1. Not required.

2. Stay clear of 7D mats due to their horrible long-term quality. GFX mats, on the other hand, are great and serve their purpose well. I recommend checking them out. Although they give a rugged look, you can always put regular extra carpets on top to hide them. Some members here have acquired it for Rs 5k from local shops.

3. The 70mai A500s is a good buy for the price. There's no need for a 4K dashcam as they require a minimum of 128GB memory cards, and only about 15 hours of footage can be saved on 128gb. If that isn't an issue, then the two best 4K dashcams are the Redtiger F7N, which has the best-in-class nighttime video performance, and the 70mai A800s, which has better daytime recording. Redtiger offers a better app experience, and personally, I would choose the F7N as the overall sharpness is better. I wouldn't want to lose even the slightest bit of detail during an emergency situation.

Quote:
If you're referring to extra accessories for cosmetic changes, it will depend on the color choice. Personally, I prefer mine in Attitude Black with no chrome accessories and additional cladding. The underrun would be a good addition, but I believe it's overpriced and there might be aftermarket replicas available soon. If any store manages to obtain Modellista kits, I think that would be the best body upgrade.

Some people may like side steppers, which range in price from Rs 10k to Rs 13k, and there are already several styles available. A roof rail can be purchased for Rs 5k.
Also I suggest considering a good quality graphene coating that comes with at least a 3-year warranty. This coating will help keep your paint protected for a longer period of time.
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 12:54   #1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Tushar (Rinku)
Auto Pros
Thanks for the referral!

Quote:
Finally, got the side cladding installed.
looks great in the photos. Are the seams visible when you’re closer? Color looks nice too. Is that the super white or the pearl white?
nikhil_ag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 13:38   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_ag View Post
Color looks nice too. Is that the super white or the pearl white?
It's the Pearl White, and only Pearl White will have this much road presence. Indeed, it looks great. Mashallah.
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 13:57   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the referral!
Happy to help & contribute back to Team BHP family in either way

Quote:
looks great in the photos. Are the seams visible when you’re closer? Color looks nice too. Is that the super white or the pearl white?
Thanks. This cladding has indeed enhanced look. My father wanted this to get installed before delivery & kept telling me that car looks bald without it, but Galaxy Toyota did not had this spare part available. Moreover, they were not willing to order it & then install it either.

When you say seams, what exactly do you mean. Let me know & i will share pics accordingly. This is Pearl White Color.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 18:28   #1869
BHPian

Can the recent car buyers confirm if all new cars are coming as E20 compliant now?
Old 28th June 2023, 19:25   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Can the recent car buyers confirm if all new cars are coming as E20 compliant now?
Got my Hycross VXO delivered on Jun 15 & fuel lid says it's E20 compliant. I'm not sure if there is any other way to confirm this. Do check same during PDI when you get yours. Attaching pic for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-fuel-lid.jpg  

woodstock3001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 20:18   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Hycross VXO delivered on Jun 15 & fuel lid says it's E20 compliant. I'm not sure if there is any other way to confirm this. Do check same during PDI when you get yours. Attaching pic for your reference.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_9098.jpeg

The manual clearly says that E20 can be used when the label is present.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_9099.jpeg

But this line in the manual makes me wary of trying e20 in my car.

Last edited by ashwinikalantri : 28th June 2023 at 20:21.
Old 29th June 2023, 00:22   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Any possibility of a GX(O) version of the Hycross like the recent VX(O) launch?
Currently there is an approx 8 lakhs on road price difference between GX and VX versions.
A GX(O) version will help people who need better features but still don't need the VX hybrid due to low running.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 29th June 2023 at 00:33.
Old 29th June 2023, 00:46   #1873

Quote:
When you say seams, what exactly do you mean. Let me know & i will share pics accordingly.
There's a picture of a wheel cap partially covered with the cladding and it appears that the cladding is not single piece. If it is multiple pieces per wheel then there might be some visible joins or seams. That's what I was referring to. Are those seams very visible? Perhaps a close up picture of the cladding will help.
nikhil_ag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 03:32   #1874

Completed 6000 km with the HyCross ZX (O). Here are my impressions

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4433.jpg
The first thing you notice when you meet the HyCross is that it feels intimidating, like an SUV, especially when viewed from the front. This will answer your apprehension about how an Innova can cost 36-37L

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_7893.jpg
The styling is more American than Japanese

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4981.jpeg
If that doesn't justify the pricing, then this will - the best rear seat under a crore rupees

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_5172.jpeg
The rear passengers can literally sleep due to recline angle on offer and the controlled ride

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_7886.jpg
The imposing face and flatter bonnet compared to the Crysta and the original Innova make this MUV look like an SUV. But that’s the only SUV part about the HyCross. In all other senses, it’s an MUV and more car-like to live with

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6859.jpg
The ride quality is one of the strong points of the HyCross. It rides with low-speed suppleness, which was missing in the body on frame predecessors. Yes, the 18-inch wheels show some harshness with really sharp bumps but not to the point of discomfort. For the most part, the HyCross has a very comfy ride

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_7888.jpg
The ground clearance is ample and does not scrape even in Bangalore speed breakers. You can do farm visits in the HyCross comfortably

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4506.jpg
With its garage mate, a 2.2 Ford Endeavour. HyCross gets preference for its superior ride quality and rear seat experience

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6487.jpg
But make no mistake, Endeavour is the boss

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4960.jpeg
Me and my car enthusiast nephew testing ADAS, which works well. The collision warning beep pops up when you get close under acceleration. The steering assist works well when the lane markings are clear but asks you to get your hands back on the wheel in around 10 seconds

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_7884.jpg
The high-speed damping of the monocoque is leaps and bounds ahead of the body on frame platform. It rides with a poise unseen in MUVs. But don’t take advantage of the superior ride and handling to hammer it through rough roads. This is not a Crysta. This is not a ladder frame architecture. The ZX(O) does not have enough sidewall to take the beating, and you have to slow down for bad roads like you would in a sedan. The G and V variants will fare better here (the 16in and 17in wheels look puny though). For some reason, HyCross feels like a high-riding Camry, and that is why you feel like you need to slow down for broken patches, whereas in a Crysta, you would pummel through them. My recommendation is to drive the HyCross like a sedan, and you would be very pleased with the ride comfort. Body roll while cornering is quite prominent due to the soft suspension

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4397.jpg
The electronic power steering is silly light (lighter than a Kia Seltos). Although light, the calibration and precision are on point. Yes, at higher speeds, a weighted setup would have felt reassuring. The Crysta’s hydraulic setup suffered with steering play and lack of precision under full load, but the HyCross feels controlled at all speeds

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6581.jpg
The stability of the TNGA-C is remarkable. Even at high speeds, the HyCross felt exceptionally stable and masked the speed exceedingly well. Body movements, even over a set of continuous highway undulations are controlled well. Moreover, the noises are suppressed well. HyCross, especially in the top trim, feels like a luxury offering compared to the utilitarian Crysta

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4429.jpg
One area where the HyCross can disappoint is in its high-speed braking. Blame the stance, narrow tyres and regenerative braking. It is not quite confidence-inspiring. Hence, it is best to drive HyCross at 8/10ths

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4436.jpg
When you rev hard, there is throaty exhaust note from the 2.0 litre dynamic force engine that brings a grin to the boy racer in you. The HyCross is deceptively quick for its size. Although, a hybrid is not meant to be floored, it is fun to floor the HyCross

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6569.jpg
I am someone who hates CVTs, but I like the e-CVT as it feels almost like a torque converter due to the electric motor’s boost. Kudos to Toyota, the integration between the engine, electric motor and CVT is seamless

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6808.jpg
The best way to drive the HyCross or any strong hybrid is to let the engine coast whenever possible. If you spot traffic/speedbump/junction within say 50m, you need to stop accelerating and let the engine coast which recharges the electric motor. It’s fun to learn to modulate the throttle based on the traffic and recharge the battery

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6804.jpg
The electric motor powers the car under mild acceleration, and when there is enough juice in the battery

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6807.jpg
The engine and the electric motor work well to give a smooth surge without the CVT whine/lag. Apart from the fuel savings, this boost makes hybrids worth picking over a regular ICE, even if the initial purchase cost is slightly higher

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_7885.jpg
Looks premium amidst the Fortuners

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4428.jpg
The blind spot monitor is a useful feature

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_7887.jpg
How times are changing? An Innova with a 2.0-litre Atkinson-cycle petrol engine getting XP95. It's indeed an overkill for this engine which just runs fine with normal petrol

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6488.jpg
HyCross looks good with the rear under-run accessory and the chrome strip at the tail-gate

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4421.jpg
The deal maker reason to go for a HyCross instead of any other overpriced German

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4418.jpg
While some interior bits/buttons may feel flimsy, the colours elevate the cabin ambience

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6592.jpg
The JBL audio sounds pretty average, Toyota could do with better tuning and cabin damping

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4982.jpeg
All in all, a worthy purchase in times where car prices are over the roof

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_7891.jpg
Last but not the least, the HyCross returns anywhere between 16-18 kpl under regular city driving conditions. Highcross does not like highways where the efficiency drops to 14kpl because the engine is mostly active in the highways while at 100-120kph. On some days when you are driving sedately and maintaining speeds below 90kph, you do get to see 20-22 kpl

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_7278.jpg
It has the presence, performance, efficiency, comfort and promise of reliability - A new Hy indeed. It does punch above its weight.
newton_meteor is online now   (117) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 11:27   #1875
BHPian

One doubt on sun roof. Heard that it was very uncomfortable in hot summer. Adding sun film is sufficient to block the heat?
alexgv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks