Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 02:29   #1921
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
2) Replaced the speakers with morel maximo components in the front and morel maximo coaxials at the rear. The Sound quality has become better than what comes with the ZX model. Also, the car has become even more silent inside.
Where was the tweeter from the front components installed? Was it installed in the dash behind the steering where Toyota provide small co-axials (see the pic of stock in-dash speakers below)? If yes, were these tweeters driven by the connector available here or from crossover of morel components?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-dash21.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-dash31.jpg  

gladiatort1000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:29   #1922

Dear Members, I am attaching the proforma invoice that I received from the dealer. Request you all to please take a look and share your views on the “Auxillary Charges” being levied as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-99c59c977f6e48dfb8d0d212de50dbc8.jpeg  

Old 11th July 2023, 12:07   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
Where was the tweeter from the front components installed? Was it installed in the dash behind the steering where Toyota provide small co-axials (see the pic of stock in-dash speakers below)? If yes, were these tweeters driven by the connector available here or from crossover of morel components?
The dashboard small speaker was replaced by morel tweeter. The wiring connecting the speakers were untouched and remained the same. The tweeters are invisible sunce they are inside the dash after removing both the small speakers.
Paritoshkalra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 12:28   #1924
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observant_0509 View Post
Dear Members, I am attaching the proforma invoice that I received from the dealer. Request you all to please take a look and share your views on the “Auxillary Charges” being levied as well.
These are generally "Handling Charges" but the dealer seems to have charged Aux Charges and Depot Charges both - mostly the same thing, but twice. Given the long waiting list, dealers will corner you into paying this. But push back as hard as you can - email Toyota if you have to.

Ask what you'd get under Toyota Car Care - it will almost certainly have very little / no value. (Should be wax / polish, underbody coating etc.). Same with Service Package - seems fishy.

The insurance is way too high: show them a quote from insurance companies, and ask them to price match as much as possible.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 17:33   #1925
BHPian

General Question to all hycross owners, When shifting to P from drive or when turning off the car, does all the doors auto-unlock?
When i first got it it wasn't unlocking while shifting to P or when turning off the car so i decided to look for any option or setting in user manual and by following these steps Auto-Unlock was working when shifting to P, but when i changed the key the setting got Overriden and it has stopped working now.
Does anyone has any other methods to activate it or noticed this?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230711150756_toyota-iconnect.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230711150800_toyota-iconnect.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230711150949_toyota-iconnect.jpg  

manofinfinity is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 09:36   #1926
BHPian

As the verbal delivery date got nearer after a long wait, a friend who has a booking for Zx(O) at one of the dealer in Hyderabad has got a response that billing of sunroof variants [i.e. Vx(O), Zx & Zx(O)] has been stopped by Toyota since last week of June citing parts shortage specific to Sunroof and that Toyota is pushing conversion of bookings to Vx.

Logically it points to Toyota not producing half the variants or 75% of the Hybrid variants of the HyCross. In view of the deliveries happening all around, the response sounds quite unreasonable but anyone else getting such a response / story?
Old 12th July 2023, 09:48   #1927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
General Question to all hycross owners, When shifting to P from drive or when turning off the car, does all the doors auto-unlock?
When i first got it it wasn't unlocking while shifting to P or when turning off the car so i decided to look for any option or setting in user manual and by following these steps Auto-Unlock was working when shifting to P, but when i changed the key the setting got Overriden and it has stopped working now.
Does anyone has any other methods to activate it or noticed this?
It comes disabled by default, you need to enable them with the same steps you followed. I have it set to unlock doors only when I open the driver's door because I don't want it to unlock when I stop somewhere.

The car can recognize different keys and you can save a different driver profile to each of them. Just follow the same procedure to enable it again for this key.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 12:03   #1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
These are generally "Handling Charges" but the dealer seems to have charged Aux Charges and Depot Charges both - mostly the same thing, but twice. Given the long waiting list, dealers will corner you into paying this. But push back as hard as you can - email Toyota if you have to.

Ask what you'd get under Toyota Car Care - it will almost certainly have very little / no value. (Should be wax / polish, underbody coating etc.). Same with Service Package - seems fishy.

The insurance is way too high: show them a quote from insurance companies, and ask them to price match as much as possible.

Thank you so much for the detailed inputs. I have raised the issue of both ad-hoc charges (depot and auxiliary) with Toyota. Going by their initial response, I will have to be extremely patient through the whole process as it is not easy to connect with Toyota management since their default response is to redirect the issue to the dealer thereby creating a loop of some sorts.
Old 12th July 2023, 17:16   #1929
BHPian

Prices are going to shoot up again !
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_2023071217151686_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg  

Paritoshkalra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 17:31   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Prices are going to shoot up again !
I read this is only applicable for non Hybrid variants. So GX petrol will see more impact.
Old 13th July 2023, 16:54   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
I read this is only applicable for non Hybrid variants. So GX petrol will see more impact.
You read it right. Its only application for non-hybrid.
Old 13th July 2023, 17:16   #1932
BHPian

After a long wait got a call from dealer that my vehicle will come in next 2-3 weeks. So now onto arranging the finances. I got the performa from dealer against which I need to get the quotes from couple of company lease vendors and then choose between the two.

I remember sometime ago there was a discussion in the form about benefits for UP and Tamilnadu based customers as articulated as part of EV policy of the respective states. Those benefits were applicable to strong hybrids (mentioned as HEV vehicle category) hence to hybrid hycross as well

Now my noida based dealer says that he has no knowledge of it as as per him no benefits are applicable.

Wanted to know if any stalwarts here have been able to extract any benefits here on account of govt EV policy?

I also see some peculiar line item in dealers performa: 1. "Warranty" costing Rs 44060/-
2. TCS, 1% costing 30260/-

What's this warranty and which tax is collected as part of TCS?

Btw, ex showroom price is now 30.26 lacs.
Old 13th July 2023, 17:36   #1933

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post

I also see some peculiar line item in dealers performa: 1. "Warranty" costing Rs 44060/-

A 1% Tax is deducted for all vehicles costing over 10L from the Ex-showroom amount which can be claimed at the time of IT Filing.

The warranty may be the extended warranty in all probability.
aadi2700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 18:24   #1934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post

1. Is extended warranty of entire car up to 5 years and 200k kms. Hybrid battery is covered till 8 years regardless of whether this is purchased.

2. This is tax collected at source. It will be 1% for people who have filed income tax returns last year. This will be refunded or adjusted against your payable income tax filing for this year.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 19:17   #1935

Need some guidance.

My car's shark fin antenna damaged while reversing the car(it touched raised bar for multi-level parking). Anything else doesn't look damaged as such. Should i claim insurance for this or get a new one myself. Not sure the OEM cost for this.

Also should i upgrade it to some better antenna since i was anyway not getting a good FM reception in the city. I couldn't find any good alternate and reliable brand for this online and quote also . Let me know if some one knows or can guide. Would Really appreciate it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks