Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2023, 17:34   #2056
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

I got delivery of my Hycross VX around 10 days back.

Quick question-When you start the car, is it recommended that you first go into the 'Accessory' mode and then 'Ignition on' mode by not depressing the brake pedal and wait till all the warning lights go off before depressing the brake pedal and starting the car or you can straightway depress the brake pedal and start the car.

In case of a key start I have always been following the practise of waiting for the warning lights to switch off in 'Ignition-on' mode before starting the car.

This may not be specific to Hycross but applicable to all cars with the Start/Stop button.

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 2nd August 2023 at 17:37.
Old 2nd August 2023, 18:10   #2057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I got delivery of my Hycross VX around 10 days back.

Quick question-When you start the car, is it recommended that you first go into the 'Accessory' mode and then 'Ignition on' mode by not depressing the brake pedal and wait till all the warning lights go off before depressing the brake pedal and starting the car or you can straightway depress the brake pedal and start the car.

In case of a key start I have always been following the practise of waiting for the warning lights to switch off in 'Ignition-on' mode before starting the car.

This may not be specific to Hycross but applicable to all cars with the Start/Stop button.
I have been always doing depress the brake pedal and start the car for almost 9000 km.
jthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 19:49   #2058
BHPian

Yesterday, I got an overall average of 18.9 kmpl on my drive from Delhi to Punjab. I covered 525 kms from a specific petrol pump (to and fro). I noticed the same average of 18.9 kmpl by using the tank-to-tank method and I had filled normal petrol from Indian Oil in this car. The car was fully loaded with 6 people onboard and boot was also completely full.

I remember, last month I went on the same route, and I had got a mileage of 14.5 kmpl via same vehicle while this time we got around 19kmpl. Driving style makes a lot of difference on this Hybrid vehicle.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_20230801_210653.jpg

This was my 4th long drive on my Hycross and I learnt a lot of things about this hybrid vehicle in this specific trip.

1) Driving a Hybrid vehicle is different from driving any other automatic car. Remember, this car is super silent and wants its drivers to be gentle and smooth towards their driving styles.
2) You should use CITY Drive mode while you are driving in city. I have noticed that City drive mode gives better drivability, power and better average in city.
3) Eco Driving mode gives better average on a highway while cruising at high and constant speeds.
4) Use Cruise Control on a highway: The more you learn to use the Cruise Control, the more average you are going to extract from this vehicle.
5) Gently press the Accelerator: There is ample power on offer on a very little press of the accelerator. This car appreciates if the driver gives it ample time to rush. Slow pressing of the Accelerator does the job done. This car responds quickly.

The moment you do that, you will realize that your car gives you ample amount of luxury, a great overall mileage, a comfortable ride and a nice command on a highway.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20230731180607.jpg

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 2nd August 2023 at 20:08.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 21:21   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
But it's too late now, will use it at the time of renewal anyway.
Not really, their customer support representative told me that I can still transfer the NCB (which is 50%) to my new policy. Either right away by paying difference amount in the old car's policy or after selling it without having to pay anything. That's cool!
Old 3rd August 2023, 00:55   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post

2) You should use CITY Drive mode while you are driving in city. I have noticed that City drive mode gives better drivability, power and better average in city.
Do you mean NORMAL mode as the CITY mode?
Old 3rd August 2023, 01:01   #2061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Do you mean NORMAL mode as the CITY mode?
Yes, Normal mode = Blue colored dial = CITY mode
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 10:50   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
I have been always doing depress the brake pedal and start the car for almost 9000 km.

Thanks Thomas for the feedback. My logic is that if it is a good practise for key start then it has to be the same for push button start too or is it a myth and makes no difference either way.

Would like to know what the experts think
Old 3rd August 2023, 10:50   #2063
BHPian

Took the delivery of Hycross ZXO yesterday (November 25th first hour booking). Also I got the physical copy of user manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0641.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-6b6c850fc0624b0fb76c68be762397e7.png  

Last edited by dineshnan : 3rd August 2023 at 11:05.
dineshnan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 16:54   #2064
BHPian

I have been a proud owner of this wonderful beast since the last 2 months. Since then I have driven this car about 4000 KMs, including a 2500 km trip to Kolkata.

The purpose of this post to tell my experience about insurance that I purchased on my own. I was quoted Toyota Protect insurance by the dealer for 1.8L. This seemed steep. I shopped around and was able to zero-in on HDFC ergo insurance with selected add-ons for 92K. The dealer was not able to match this and their final quote after negotiating was 1.4L. After I went ahead and purchased the policy on my own, the GM called requesting that they will be able to offer the same policy for 1L (still more expensive) and asking me to cancel my policy. I denied but I was wary about how the claim process will be.

Unfortunately, during my Kolkata trip, my worries were put to test when I was rear ended by a motorbike. I wondered if this claim will be cashless (the dealer had tried to plant this fear while his sale pitch), or will I get the same level of care as a Toyota protect owner? I sent my car to the service centre with the required documents. The claim process was eventless. It took a while for the dealer to obtain the parts (Hycross is a new car and parts aren't always on hand). I get my car back a good 10 days later. The service executive was helpful and I never felt like a second class customer for not buying the Toyota Protect insurance. The claim was also cashless. My only gripe was an additional Rs ~500 charge that was added for `gloss mech care` which I was told is some form of lubrication treatment for the doors. I was too tired to argue while taking the delivery and let this one slip.

PS: I also de-badged the car. The rear now only has the Toyota logo. All other branding (Innova, Hycross, ZX, hybrid) are removed.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_9355.jpeg

Last edited by ashwinikalantri : 3rd August 2023 at 17:02.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 17:57   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshnan View Post
Took the delivery of Hycross ZXO yesterday (November 25th first hour booking). Also I got the physical copy of user manual.
Congratulations!
Regarding the user manual, can you share any pics of the same?
Also, how many pages does it contain?
Old 3rd August 2023, 18:16   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshnan View Post
Also I got the physical copy of user manual.
Is it the Users Manual or Users Guide? I got the users guide which is an abridged version for use during emergencies on the road.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-1image.jpg

Last edited by ashwinikalantri : 3rd August 2023 at 18:17.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 18:17   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Congratulations!
Regarding the user manual, can you share any pics of the same?
Also, how many pages does it contain?
Its User Guide having 91 pages including warranty registration card etc.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought all the features would be explained in the guide but it is not so.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2866.jpg  

Last edited by dineshnan : 3rd August 2023 at 18:20.
Old 4th August 2023, 06:51   #2068

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I have been a proud owner of this wonderful beast since the last 2 months. Since then I have driven this car about 4000 KMs, including a 2500 km trip to Kolkata.
@ashwinikalantri, one doubt. Looking at the photo, I am guessing this is the "Sparkling Black" color. Have you done any paint protection? (PPF, 3M coating etc)
Old 4th August 2023, 10:13   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payyans View Post
@ashwinikalantri, one doubt. Looking at the photo, I am guessing this is the "Sparkling Black" color. Have you done any paint protection? (PPF, 3M coating etc)
This is Attitude Black. I haven't yet done anything to protection the paint. I intend to ceramic coat. Just can't zero in on the right detailer.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 11:39   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
PS: I also de-badged the car. The rear now only has the Toyota logo. All other branding (Innova, Hycross, ZX, hybrid) are removed.
Was it just to declutter or there is more reasoning behind it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks