Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2023, 14:54   #1306
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Anybody know how to read the manufacturing week/year of the standard Apollo tyres?

I'm not able to find the numbers, they're usually next to the DOT numbers.

Can anybody support with a pic.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th March 2023 at 15:00. Reason: spacing
Old 27th March 2023, 15:58   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
1. Personally I believe these long wait times are only risk mitigation strategies adopted by Car makers and Dealers to avoid any losses that they may suffer in any eventual event. This is a pot Covid-19 behavior, though part of the backlog was started due to lock-downs but now all players have taken this refuge under 'chip shortage' to reduce their risk.
Does that mean that the actual wait time is much lower and the dealer is just keeping a margin for the unexpected? Anyone else experiencing such behaviour? When the dealer says 18 months, what do I expect?

In any case, even 12 months is an unrealistic waiting time for buying a car.
Old 27th March 2023, 16:04   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Really shocked with real life experience of @samitjain as well as @gladiatort1000 where the clips are also falling off!
Inspite of these issues me and my family are totally happy with the purchase. We moved from 2006 Innova to HyCross. If you are looking for 6+ seater, there is hardly any other vehicle that matches the space and comfort of HyCross. Only thing that matches is the Carnival, which has high running costs and does not match Toyota reliability. I hope Toyota fixes these niggles soon.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 17:23   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
Does that mean that the actual wait time is much lower and the dealer is just keeping a margin for the unexpected? Anyone else experiencing such behaviour? When the dealer says 18 months, what do I expect?

In any case, even 12 months is an unrealistic waiting time for buying a car.
I doubt it. I have 2 bookings for the ZX(O) in 2 dealerships. Neither of them can even give me a proper date of delivery. One of the bookings was made in person before official launch and the other using Toyota's online portal on launch date itself.

They have been saying "we have to wait for next allotment, for sure your car should be there" but it's never there when the allotment comes. They keep offering me VX model or different colours. I'm just fed up and don't even call them anymore.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 18:47   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
They keep offering me VX model or different colours.
I have also been offered the VX many times. Once even before booking the car. They say that there are low allotments for ZX(O) variants.

I hope Toyota is able to sort this out soon.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 20:16   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I doubt it. I have 2 bookings for the ZX(O) in 2 dealerships. Neither of them can even give me a proper date of delivery. One of the bookings was made in person before official launch and the other using Toyota's online portal on launch date itself.

They have been saying "we have to wait for next allotment, for sure your car should be there" but it's never there when the allotment comes. They keep offering me VX model or different colours. I'm just fed up and don't even call them anymore.
Even my dealer is pushing me to take VX. He keeps quoting that there is either production loss, or Toyota not manufactirng enough of higher variant. He is ready to give me VX any color in a weeks time, however post hike, i've moved my booking to VXO. Given VXO variant launched on Mar 1, i was least expecting it in March and is therefore have hopes that dealer will get some allocation of VXO in April month and i will get 1 out of them. Will share update during 1st week of April.

Furthermore, my Brother in law booked VX 15 days back. Dealer is already offering him car. Not sure what is happening with Toyota.

Last edited by woodstock3001 : 27th March 2023 at 20:18.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 23:10   #1312

Kinda the same; I have been pushed to get a VX variant since this month, and the dealer is saying the car can be allocated in max 2 days.

I had booked ZX(0), and while I only wanted one with a sunroof and six airbags seems like none of the ZX, ZX(O), and VX(O) are available due to production issues. That's what the dealer conveyed to me.

They also told me I could get the car earlier if I financed it with one of their preferred banks. I agreed to it, and hopefully, I will be getting it next month, as per the dealer.
roshan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 07:21   #1313
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at all these issues, I feel it is something to do with 6 airbags as none of the variants with 6 airbags are being delivered. I may be wrong as it's just a speculation but everyone being pushed to pick up a VX points to that only. Or maybe Toyota committed a blunder by not prioritising the top end variants like Mahindra did/does.
Old 28th March 2023, 08:24   #1314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Looking at all these issues, I feel it is something to do with 6 airbags as none of the variants with 6 airbags are being delivered. I may be wrong as it's just a speculation but everyone being pushed to pick up a VX points to that only.
If that were the case, Toyota wouldn't launch a VX(O), with six airbags being the main non-cosmetic upgrade over the VX.

Quote:
Or maybe Toyota committed a blunder by not prioritising the top end variants like Mahindra did/does.
Unlikely, considering Toyota knew that the bulk of the bookings were for ZX/ZX(O) and that too in Ageha glass shade, right when bookings opened. When I booked the car, way back in Dec, the dealer mentioned that 90% of their bookings were for ZX/ZX(O) in the Ageha glass. Of those, 75% being for ZX(O).

That is not an easy statistic to ignore. This may be a decision, either deliberate or out of compulsion (semiconductor shortage, anyone?).
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 12:15   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
If that were the case, Toyota wouldn't launch a VX(O), with six airbags being the main non-cosmetic upgrade over the VX.

Unlikely, considering Toyota knew that the bulk of the bookings were for ZX/ZX(O) and that too in Ageha glass shade, right when bookings opened. When I booked the car, way back in Dec, the dealer mentioned that 90% of their bookings were for ZX/ZX(O) in the Ageha glass. Of those, 75% being for ZX(O).

That is not an easy statistic to ignore. This may be a decision, either deliberate or out of compulsion (semiconductor shortage, anyone?).
Seems to be deliberate attempt to increase the prices. This will give Toyota an excuse and nobody will hold them responsible for it. I just wish that Indians demand more and more manufacturers launch similar vehicles. Otherwise, likes of Totyota's will keep on exploiting the public.
Old 28th March 2023, 12:19   #1316
BHPian

Out of the blue, my dealer sent a table comparing Hycross ZX(o) and Fortuner MT. While there is no accompanying information, the intention is clear. When asked about ZX(o) delivery, I'm told that I will get it before end of this year.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross-v-fortuner.jpg
ppc_rgs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 12:40   #1317
BHPian

Has anyone installed black wheel arch cladding in hycross VX ??
Old 28th March 2023, 13:30   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
I dont think it is available as the one in the accessories is only a chrome fitting which goes 3/4th of the way
Old 28th March 2023, 13:42   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
It should be available as a spare.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 28th March 2023 at 15:04. Reason: Please use the quote option when responding to a query. Thanks.
Old 28th March 2023, 13:46   #1320
BHPian

I have collected all information related to Toyota DVR from earlier posts for easy reference. I have attached PDF scanned copy of the DVR manual for the interested members.
  • Below post has pictures of installed DVR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
I got few photos from the dealer from their latest install. Their earlier feedback about DVR having issue seems to be for the Crysta part and not the HyCross (which is a new part)
  • Below post has information about DVR manufacturer and links to iOS and Android Apps.
Quote:
DVR:
DVR seems to be made by a OEM supply company called NSV Auto (Dubai HQ www.nsvauto.com , India https://nsvindiaauto.com/). It has parking incident recording as well. Comes with 32GB SD card. ( See my earlier post for DVR pics https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5510003 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review) )

Below are links to apps:
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...0b&hl=en&gl=US
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/in/app/dvr-co...y/id6444179811 (Thanks to RSimonS for this link)

App is decent. Allows you to view live feed, check recordings and also allows changing wifi SSID and password.
  • Below post has pics of industrial grade SD card
Quote:
Below is pic of the SD card in my DVR.
The 32GB SD card is not a regular one. It is industrial grade and supposed have wider operating temperature and more realiability. It is expensive than regular SD cards.
  • Below post has answer to some of the queries
Quote:
  • Installation in my car is exactly same as the installed pics I posted in https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5510003 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review) .
  • DVR itself has G-Sensor and setting to change it to high, medium and low sensitivity. I guess this is used to detect collissions. Not sure if this is used to detect parking intrusion. When ignition is on it goes to loop recording. When off, it goes to parking mode with no recording. I did not get any chance to try or test if parking mode recording can be triggered. I do not think it interacts with vehcile ECU. It has a check to stop recording if battery voltage goes below 12V.
  • The product box came with a printed manual which had all the details. I browsed through it and was hoping to read it after installation, but this got lost when box went to workshop. I have requested dealer to share me another copy. I suggest you ask your dealer to show you the box and then read through the manual for full details and then decide to proceed with purchase.
  • Wifi has to be explicitly enabled by going in to settings and then phone can connect to it and use the App. Turning on wifi will disable live recording. I do not think it has any capability to use vehicle esim to send any alarm or photo/video.
  • App takes sometime to load thumbnails and then to playback video. I think this due to streaming/transfer of video over wifi.
  • I will share frame rate and some sample videos of day and night later. I think it is 30FPS, will reconfirm.
  • Scanned copy of PDF Manual is attached (Text is OCRed and searchable). Refer to it for detailed specifications. Frame rate is 30fps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Toyota DVR Manual.pdf (4.27 MB, 715 views)
gladiatort1000 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks