Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2023, 15:50   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by slosh_bob View Post
I did a test drive of Hycross and now I am not so sure of the booking.

2. The sound quality from 9 speakers is quite poor. Please let me know if I somehow made a mistake in assessing the audio quality - i had increased the bass to +2 and rest was at zero. The car has 9 speakers - I assume 1 subwoofer and 2 tweeters and 6 normal speakers. And yet, it felt that there isn't enough output from the rear speakers. The audio at the middle seat was very muted.

3. The power/torque seems quite inadequate at low speeds (comparing to my Crysta 2.8). The drive is beyond boring in this car - this may be due to my driving style?

4. The tyre profile in ZX is too thin - it takes away not just from the looks, but the filtering on sharp edges is actually poor.

Agreed on all points.

2. The sound quality is pretty bad and not really worth the JBL branding tbh. I'm not sure how they screwed it up since the JBL system in the Tata twins is so much better. Tata's system itself was rather buggy but the sound quality was phenomenal, especially for the price.

3. The Hycross hybrid is much faster but it definitely doesn't feel that way. The power delivery is very linear and you don't feel like the car is picking up speed unless you look at the speedo and you find out you are already doing crazy speeds. There is no 'push back in the seat' feeling that you get from torque-y diesels despite the Hycross having quite a lot of torque from the electric motor and engine combined.

The e-CVT doesn't help matters by making the engine sound disconnected from the wheels. You floor it and you hear the engine rev up immediately which is disproportional to the acceleration. I'm hoping it starts feeling better once I get used to the car. Either way, I don't think I will be flooring this thing very often.

4. I am considering exchanging the 18 inch rims of the ZX(O) for the smaller 17 inchers of the VX. Might improve ride quality but I'm not sure. I think I will wait to see if anyone has trouble with their tyres bursting with the 18 inchers over bad roads.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 21:06   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
  • Wheel arch molding - These are just a small strip of chrome on the wheel arch and not the black wheel cladding seen on ZX variant. The black wheel cladding is supposed to be available as on accessory soon. So check if you really want these. You can see the wheel arch modling installed on a VX in below video
https://Youtu.be/DFDL6elv_CU
I checked the ones the dealer has fitted on my vehicle.
The dealer has fixed only the chrome strip.
However, in the official accessories list, it is a complete black wheel cladding which I thought I wanted.
As per official website:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-wheel-arch-molding-official.jpg

What was fitted on my vehicle:
Front -
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-wheel-arch-molding.jpg

Rear -
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-wheel-arch-molding-rear.jpg

I don't think that this item is worth INR 9131/- as charged by the dealer.
Plus, I think the only chrome one is looking better than black cladding.

However, I will need to take this up with the dealer.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 00:42   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I checked the ones the dealer has fitted on my vehicle..
The car in the brochure is a ZX variant as evident from the 18-inch diamond cut alloys. It already comes with black cladding. I can see how it could be misleading.

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th March 2023 at 06:12. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion while replying,Thanks.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 07:52   #1294
BHPian

Guys, has anyone upgraded the tires on the VX variant? If yes, then to what specs?

Thanks

Rishi
Old 26th March 2023, 08:48   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
The car in the brochure is a ZX variant as evident from the 18-inch diamond cut alloys. It already comes with black cladding. I can see how it could be misleading.
It's better to use the 360 views on their website. There we can select any variant and add the accessories as a 3D view.

https://www.toyotabharat.com/virtual...om/innova.html
jerin.v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 11:34   #1296
BHPian

Is there anyone who took delivery of non hybrid variants like G or GX variant. Hoping to hear feedback on mileage, driving, passenger comfort etc
Crystafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 21:50   #1297
BHPian

My impression after driving Innova from Delhi to Ranthambore and back.

1. Very silent car at 80-100.

2. Cruising at 120 is effortless

3. Engage power mode for single lane overtaking

4. Apollo tyres are quite good. Not much road noise

5. Music system is sub par

6. Spirited driving still gives mileage of 14 kmpl

Issues
1. Left leg touches dashboard but you get used to it
2. Clip holding rear screen shades falls off
3. Car play disconnects often but continues to charge
4. Getting out from last seat for elders is difficult as no tumble down.
5. Can’t switch off lights
6. Foot well very dark.
7. To see hand brake engaged one has to look at speedometer
8. Type C only for charging
Second row Ac blower when closed pushed some air onto drivers head and come on drivers head. Original Innova blower placement was much better
samitjain is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 10:31   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Toyota Innova Hycross waiting period extends to 18 months

The Toyota Innova Hycross was launched in India on December 28, 2022. Now, just months later, the waiting period for the MPV has extended up to 18 months.
I booked my Hycross ZX(O) about a month ago and the 18 month wait is starting to dawn upon me now. All the excitement of buying a 'new' car will wear off by then. The dealer says that they will try to get them early, but everything is very vague.

1. Are these long waiting times marketing strategies or real production v demand mismatch?

2. Is there a strategy that can help get the car faster? Booking with multiple dealers? I hear allotment of cars is different for different dealers.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:19   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I booked my Hycross ZX(O) about a month ago and the 18 month wait is starting to dawn upon me now. All the excitement of buying a 'new' car will wear off by then. The dealer says that they will try to get them early, but everything is very vague.

1. Are these long waiting times marketing strategies or real production v demand mismatch?

2. Is there a strategy that can help get the car faster? Booking with multiple dealers? I hear allotment of cars is different for different dealers.
1. Personally I believe these long wait times are only risk mitigation strategies adopted by Car makers and Dealers to avoid any losses that they may suffer in any eventual event. This is a pot Covid-19 behavior, though part of the backlog was started due to lock-downs but now all players have taken this refuge under 'chip shortage' to reduce their risk.

2. Yes you can book with 2-3 dealers but how will that help is not easy to quantify. I don't advocate paying premium for faster delivery but if you are ok to terms of the dealer that allow him a higher margin (read accessories, insurance, etc) then your delivery may come a bit earlier. Being flexible on variant or color may also help. But all of this is Subjective and driven by how soon you need the car.

OT: I recently saw the Hycross in person and I firmly believe Toyota has once again cemented its position in the target segment. The brand Innova backed by three important factors:

1) Interior cabin space and comfort - This as I read on the forum, has been improved further with more features now than before.
2) Physical presence of the car - Believe it or not, it plays an important role and Hycross has made it even better. A simple look at the car indicates that it is an improvement over the Crysta on many fronts.
3) Toyota Quality and Service: There hasn't been any degradation on this front.

While a few things on the interior front may not feel worth the 40L that we will spend on this car, Toyota has always been the same way and it has always worked for them. They focus on functionality first and then form.

This car will now give a good competition to the current Carnival which had the potential to pull some Crysta customers away earlier. Now it is dead in the current form for sure. @Kia - If you are reading this, please get the latest gen Carnival ASAP.
sunilch is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 11:36   #1300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
7. To see hand brake engaged one has to look at speedometer
The EPB button doesn't have backlighting? Asking cause it is said that the power window switches are not backlit, so no wonder if Toyota cut costs there.

Or is it that it doesn't give any audible sounds when engaging or disengaging?
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 12:01   #1301
Senior - BHPian

And here is the Innova HyCross taxi.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-337671023_574713817945385_8598667813473355949_n.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-337694849_908708540365190_4388742026548457131_n.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 12:29   #1302
One
BHPian

Quote:

5. Can’t switch off lights
Can you please explain what this means ?
Old 27th March 2023, 13:20   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
2. Clip holding rear screen shades falls off
This happened in the left rear window of my car also. One of the clips fell off. During first service they fixed it and used 3M tape to get a better fit. Totally unexpected to see this happening in a new car.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 13:24   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Can you please explain what this means ?
Manually you can’t switch off head lights.

Either it’s automatic or manually On
samitjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 14:01   #1305
BHPian

Looking at this forum's comments on the drop in quality, I am not happy with my impending delivery of this car.
The only 2 things which have made me stick around with this choice is the long waiting list of XUV700 and the sheer space in the last row and luggage row.

Really shocked with real life experience of @samitjain as well as @gladiatort1000 where the clips are also falling off!

Also, I am surprised that despite such long waiting periods boasted by Toyota, I haven't seen any new mass delivery event photographs organized by any dealer, especially since there was a major festival of Ugadi/Gudi Padwa in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Is the Hycross a sales dud? Maybe too early to infer that, but I see very little buzz even in showrooms.

One more thing which I feel to share is that the stock tyres are of Goodyear against the Apollo one which were always on display at the dealership. Not sure if there is any difference in ride quality or durability.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks