Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2023, 15:33   #1231
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaksarch View Post
What about interior plastic and controls quality? Plastic covers on doors are so thin that I felt if I pull it's edges it will break off easily.
Do you own Hycross? I mean are you using the vehicle?
I have been using the vehicle since past 17 days and I have no complaints with the plastic quality. There is pin drop silence inside the car and if you compare it with Alcazar's cabin, the center console in Alcazar squeezes and makes annoying noise. There is no such issue in Hycross. We need to use the vehicle for long and feel it. This is no MG Hector which has rich cabin but dull engine. In Hycross, you get state of the art drive experience, comfort and functional cabin and features. TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS ownership is far better real life experience then owning A car with a dull engine, delivering an average of 8 kmpl and a rich feel cabin(MG Hector) or a car with a peppy Engine, delivering an average of 8 kmpl(XUV 700 petrol AT) with dissatisfied after sales experience.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 18:55   #1232
BHPian

Couple of things I would be very interested to find out:

1. Any update related to E20 readiness of the Hycross?

2. The specifications of R18 alloys used on the top end e.g. width, bore, offset etc.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I'm attaching some parts of the manual below, let me know if there is anything else people are curious about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS ownership is far better real life experience then owning A car with a dull engine, delivering an average of 8 kmpl and a rich feel cabin(MG Hector) or a car with a peppy Engine, delivering an average of 8 kmpl(XUV 700 petrol AT) with dissatisfied after sales experience.
And why would you think that it is better buddy? Yes, pragmatism can be a notch in the ruler, but can’t be a rule. This forum is comprised of many people, with varying tastes and varying requirements and preferences. One of the things that make a forum like ours stay away from ‘herd mentality’. I maybe one of them who hates a plasticky interiors, whereas some would look down upon ‘hybridisation’ since it goes against purist thought process. There are enough and more members here who have chosen MG Hector for the car that it is, and not one that it pretends to be. Similarly the fuel guzzling monstrosity that the XUV 700 is claimed in your post won the TeamBHP COTY!

17 days is a honeymoon period my friend, I am glad you’re enjoying the car so much.

Last edited by Overlander : 17th March 2023 at 19:06.
Overlander is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 23:37   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Couple of things I would be very interested to find out:

1. Any update related to E20 readiness of the Hycross?

2. The specifications of R18 alloys used on the top end e.g. width, bore, offset etc.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Here you go :

fuel.pdf

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230317-11.09.02-pm.png

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230317-11.31.32-pm.png

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230317-11.32.39-pm.png

specifications.pdf

E20 fuel is supported only in Thailand as per owner's manual. E10 is supported on all other country variants.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 07:28   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
E20 fuel is supported only in Thailand as per owner's manual. E10 is supported on all other country variants.
Unless, we the consumers vote with our wallet, these manufacturers are not going to learn. Selling E10 cars in India is criminal! And our government still not enforcing E20 in line with their future plan, I still cannot comprehend the reasons for it!

I wouldn't recommend putting anyone's hard earned 35 lakhs INR into a car which doesn't support E20 fuel at this time especially on a Toyota whose strength is long years of peaceful ownership! Their strength gets negated with this short sighted decision of not giving E20 compatibility for India!
amalji is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 09:15   #1235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you own Hycross? I mean are you using the vehicle?
I have been using the vehicle since past 17 days and I have no complaints with the plastic quality. There is pin drop silence inside the car and if you compare it with Alcazar's cabin, the center console in Alcazar squeezes and makes annoying noise. There is no such issue in Hycross. We need to use the vehicle for long and feel it. This is no MG Hector which has rich cabin but dull engine. In Hycross, you get state of the art drive experience, comfort and functional cabin and features. TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS ownership is far better real life experience then owning A car with a dull engine, delivering an average of 8 kmpl and a rich feel cabin(MG Hector) or a car with a peppy Engine, delivering an average of 8 kmpl(XUV 700 petrol AT) with dissatisfied after sales experience.
Let me add my 2 cents to this aspect. I currently own a MG hector plus (Diesel MT Sharp) bought in Dec 2021 and also a Jeep Compass (bought Aug 2017). I had also booked the Innova Hycross Hybrid Zxo Hybrid in Nov End and subsequently have recently changed my booking to VXO and am waiting for delivery
In my experience the Hector (pre facelift) has well designed interiors and they are quite plush and well put together - they are of the level of VAG cars before the Skoda-Vag 2.0 started. There are good features in the infotainment (though a bit slow) and the sound quality is among the best in class. The diesel engine is the bs6 version sourced from FCA and is also the same as used in the Jeep Compass. In the Hector the NVH levels are much better and damping is very good. The suspension is also very supple and good for bad city roads.
We got the Hector for 22.5 lacs on road at that time. The mileage of the car is around 15.5kmpl overall mixed use. The car is also very spacious and comfortable - legroom is great in 2nd row and even third row is useable. While the car has not been tested for safety, it does come with 6 airbags and orher safety features like ESP and EBD etc.

The Innova Hycross was booked by me to replace our Jeep Compass which is a Bs4 diesel and is 5.5 years old now and has done around 60k kms.

Why i booked Hycross is because we decided that our next car has to be a Hybrid as we are not keen for a full electric yet due to the charging limitations. The diesel 10 year rule in Delhi Ncr is also quite bad for owners and every winter season they block bs4 diesels stating Pollution norms, which is a great inconvenience.

However I had high expectations from Toyota and honestly I was quite disappointed when I saw the interiors of the car. On the inside it feels very much like a taxi! And for someone spending 30 lacs + it does not feel like an upgrade. But I hope the engine and the car are reliable and worth it in the long run! Recently I have started to see Yellow board Taxi versions if the Hycross (even with a roof mounted steel carrier!) Which is making me rethink my decision of going with the car !
I feel that no car is perfect and we should be fair in our evaluation of cars and for each user the definition of the best car may vary so let us be objective in our recommendations. Even the Hycross will take time to prove itself. Toyota somehow also avoids NCAP testing, but I hope that NCAP does test the Hycross soon.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_20230317_074020.jpg

Last edited by Behemoth : 18th March 2023 at 09:21.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 09:51   #1236
BHPian

2 cents on HyCross's core Achilles' heel - the interior finish which does not feel premium.

One may assess if the use case really warrants a 7/8 seater MPV. If not, there are a multitude of 5 seater sedan/SUV options in the 30-40L OTR price range which offer that premium interior feel.

If an MPV is a must-have then there are no alternatives in the segment currently, Toyota has indeed dished out a smart product.

Even the 50L Fortuner has an interior with scratchy plastics, perhaps expectations need to be rationalized suitably when it comes to an Innova.

Last edited by GoBlue : 18th March 2023 at 09:53.
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 11:04   #1237
BHPian

Nandi Toyota said that they won’t install an accessory purchases from outside - namely the dashcam.
Hence the questions arising are:
1. Any recommendations for a dash am for the HyCross? I am leaning towards the 70mai

2. Where can I get this installed from (in Bangalore)?

3. Most of these installations do not involve any wire cutting. How do I ensure that as also no effect on warranty?

Thanks!
Old 18th March 2023, 12:51   #1238
BANNED

Quote:
TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS ownership is far better real life experience then owning A car with a dull engine, delivering an average of 8 kmpl and a rich feel cabin(MG Hector) or a car with a peppy Engine, delivering an average of 8 kmpl(XUV 700 petrol AT) with dissatisfied after sales experience.
Not everyone is worried about fuel efficiency, especially in our forum. I'm driving a Ford which averages 8km/L of petrol. If fuel efficiency was the only criteria to buy cars, most turbo petrol cars would have found no takers. My car has very average interiors, but it's such a hoot to drive that I don't give a damn. The service experience is also below average, but I'm ready to live with it than drive a boring car which will take me from point A to B. Innova is a vehicle which is at best a reliable transporter, not some enthusiasts choice, but XUV 700 is nearly one. Innova maybe a big hit among the masses, that doesn't mean anything to the enthusiast.
The Rationalist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 16:58   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Nandi Toyota said that they won’t install an accessory purchases from outside - namely the dashcam.
Last week I got Toyota DVR installed from Ravindu Toyota. See my earlier post about the same - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5512896 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th March 2023 at 17:13. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion while replying, Thanks.
Old 18th March 2023, 17:49   #1240

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
send me personal message at samit1978@gmail.com

Best first to escalate at voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in
Hi samit ,if its okay can I drop you an entire history of the problem I am facing with Toyota?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th March 2023 at 18:02. Reason: Hi, can you please take the time to construct your posts properly for better readability? Thanks!
Old 18th March 2023, 18:10   #1241
BHPian

Although I do not encourage people to shoot such videos.

However, this video shows the lightening fast speed of Hycross. This car beats Scorpio S11 by a huge margin in terms of acceleration in normal mode.

This car is indeed effortless to drive and picks up triple digit speed in less than 10 seconds.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 18th March 2023 at 18:23.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 23:25   #1242

Looks like that the thread loosing it's steam by the number of posts dwindling day by day.The fact that I was offered the GX variant within a month indicates that the Hybrid variants are in great demand.Crysta now being offered in Diesel may also be a contributory factor for the less demand for the petrol version.
Cloudfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 23:44   #1243
BHPian

Noob question: what will be the effect on the hybrid battery if the vehicle is not used regularly?

Since most of the drives will be on the highway, the vehicle will not be used on regular basis.
Old 19th March 2023, 02:43   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
Hi samit ,if its okay can I drop you an entire history of the problem I am facing with Toyota?
Yes.

But I don’t know if I can help you out much besides telling how my case was taken up by dealership post my complaint.
Old 19th March 2023, 08:20   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post

2. Where can I get this installed from (in Bangalore)?

Thanks!
In case you are around ECity, try calling Jitesh at +91 99019 02572, he started his own garage after moving out of Nandi
RSimonS is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks