Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
2,419,403 views Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2023, 17:36   #481
BHPian
 
Cruzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 86 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Has anyone received any updates on the start of test drives? I have been following up with my service advisor at Nandi Toyota but he just keeps saying next week.
According to Nandi in Banaswadi, I was told the display vehicle will come after Jan 20th with test drives sometime early Feb (he didn't seem too sure either). But looking at how they handled the whole Hyryder launch, I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed this one up too.
Cruzn is offline  
Old 5th January 2023, 19:49   #482
Senior - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,609
Thanked: 16,944 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

If anyone is interested to know the battery replacement cost for the Hybrid HyCross, it is ₹2 Lakh as of today. For the Camry and Vellfire it is ₹2.5 Lakh. In the future the price can vary.

Had estimated the cost for the battery back in November:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-b65282d93d49408999856d52821d44f9.jpeg

The official source for the same:
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 20:25   #483
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 60 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc_rgs View Post
I'm told the display car will be available after 15Jan; Delivery starts soon after. Test drives to start in Feb. No, I did not mix up the timeline. I'm confused too.
I was told the same thing. They mentioned that deliveries would start in about two weeks. I am hoping to test drive the vehicle at least once, before delivery.
KURU is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 23:23   #484
BHPian
 
Indepth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Mohali,Punjab
Posts: 127
Thanked: 516 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

There can be no excuses for not providing 6 airbags atleast VX variant onwards. The arrogance and confidence of Toyota is clearly evident in pricing strategy. They know this thing will sell despite future price hikes.

For those confused between XUV700 and Hycross, kindly note this one is supposedly half a segment above XUV, so the price premium is justified a bit (after compensating for Toyota Tax).
Scorpio-N however is a different category. One can't like both of these at same time. ScorpioN vs Hycross is unfair, even if they were priced similar.

Regarding Hybrid, it is a very steep premium to pay. Imagine Toyota launching Hycross with the 2.8 diesel about 3 lakh cheaper !! It would have been a record breaking blockbuster.
Indepth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 00:53   #485
BHPian
 
Heisenberg_ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Jamnagar
Posts: 60
Thanked: 203 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
For those confused between XUV700 and Hycross, kindly note this one is supposedly half a segment above XUV, so the price premium is justified a bit (after compensating for Toyota Tax).
How is hycross half segment above XUV? What defines a segment? Size or engine displacement?
Regarding Toyota tax please read
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5466391 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)

Last edited by Heisenberg_ad : 6th January 2023 at 00:54. Reason: Hyperlink mistake
Heisenberg_ad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 02:35   #486
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 1,107
Thanked: 752 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

If Toyota has priced the Innova Hycross (somewhat) sensibly, it means a Maruti version is also coming
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 03:06   #487
Senior - BHPian
 
Cresterk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,227
Thanked: 4,005 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg_ad View Post
How is hycross half segment above XUV? What defines a segment? Size or engine displacement?
Regarding Toyota tax please read
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5466391 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)
Size, space in the third row + boot still being usable with all rows up, ventilated front seats, proper 8 way adjust for driver's seat, powered middle row seats with ottoman, power boot door and most importantly it's a proper hybrid. Auto dimming headlights, IRVM and blind spot monitors are also decent additions, I do not think ADAS will work properly in Indian conditions but they are both on par with each other.

The screens and infotainment with navigation in the XUV700 are much better though which is the only part where toyota is lacking.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 03:24   #488
BHPian
 
Indepth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Mohali,Punjab
Posts: 127
Thanked: 516 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg_ad View Post
How is hycross half segment above XUV? What defines a segment? Size or engine displacement?
Regarding Toyota tax please read
I think both by size as well as features, one can safely assume Hycross to be a D2 segment vehicle. Although I think there is no clear definition but most folks will agree.

Regarding 'Toyota Tax', I also don't admire paying for same. Infact I have always avoided a Toyota vehicle simply because I was damn sure it will not be VFM. But the fact remains that here in India Toyota demands and people oblige to pay 'Toyota Tax'.

Last edited by Indepth : 6th January 2023 at 03:26. Reason: Paragraphing
Indepth is offline  
Old 6th January 2023, 11:47   #489
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Delhi
Posts: 11
Thanked: 12 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
I think both by size as well as features, one can safely assume Hycross to be a D2 segment vehicle. Although I think there is no clear definition but most folks will agree.

Regarding 'Toyota Tax', I also don't admire paying for same. Infact I have always avoided a Toyota vehicle simply because I was damn sure it will not be VFM. But the fact remains that here in India Toyota demands and people oblige to pay 'Toyota Tax'.
Don't other brands also have that premium or as you say tax? Do you think the Audi’s and BMW’s are value for money? We can’t compare apples and oranges. Pricing doesn’t just depend on engine power or space but also on brand value, customer perception and brand trust.

Mod Note : Please go through Posting Etiquettes for better posting composition and readability.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th January 2023 at 11:53. Reason: Mod note attached.
FastTracker is offline  
Old 6th January 2023, 14:42   #490
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 153
Thanked: 227 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Just came back from Ravindu Toyota. According to sales executive, they have been instructed by TKML to quote a waiting period of 2 years for the Hybrid now. He said that he was quoting 5-6 months till yesterday.
It seems Toyota has realized that they have launched the car at a sensible price and now want to get back their reputation with insane waiting times and generous price hikes in between.
yosbert is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 16:58   #491
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR51/HR29/HR26
Posts: 2,391
Thanked: 17,053 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Just came back from Ravindu Toyota. According to sales executive, they have been instructed by TKML to quote a waiting period of 2 years for the Hybrid now. He said that he was quoting 5-6 months till yesterday.
It seems Toyota has realized that they have launched the car at a sensible price and now want to get back their reputation with insane waiting times and generous price hikes in between.
Sounds about right.

All dealers are now quoting waiting period of 1 year, minimum, for fresh bookings. It will be fair to expect frequent and consequential price hikes over the next year or so. I will not be surprised if the increase the ex showroom price by a good 3-4L by the end of this year.

Dealers are openly saying that the announced ex showroom prices will be hiked during or immediately after the auto expo. I hope they will provide price protection to the people who had booked right at launch.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 18:44   #492
Senior - BHPian
 
Cresterk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,227
Thanked: 4,005 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Sounds about right.

All dealers are now quoting waiting period of 1 year, minimum, for fresh bookings. It will be fair to expect frequent and consequential price hikes over the next year or so. I will not be surprised if the increase the ex showroom price by a good 3-4L by the end of this year.

Dealers are openly saying that the announced ex showroom prices will be hiked during or immediately after the auto expo. I hope they will provide price protection to the people who had booked right at launch.

Wonder if there will be any significant cancellations. I'm holding two bookings for the top model, one via dealership sales person and one via online booking because I didn't want to get burnt like the Scorpio-N booking fiasco (got 6+ months waiting despite booking within first hour itself)


I received the price list from Nippon Kerala today :

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230106-6.42.57-pm.png

Looks like the unofficial price increases have already started
Cresterk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 19:59   #493
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 223 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Here's the prices for Chennai. Seems for pearl white color, the extra cost is Rs 9500. Is it because bulk of the bookings are for this color? My booking is also Pearl White.

Cost of accessories seems to be on higher side.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-chennai_hycross_prices.jpg

Last edited by jthomas : 6th January 2023 at 20:14. Reason: typo
jthomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 21:36   #494
Senior - BHPian
 
Cresterk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,227
Thanked: 4,005 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Here's the prices for Chennai. Seems for pearl white color, the extra cost is Rs 9500. Is it because bulk of the bookings are for this color? My booking is also Pearl White.

Cost of accessories seems to be on higher side.
Pearl white is an option that will cost you extra money abroad due to it beig a metallic shade having extra layers of paint. They normally don't charge extra for colours here so I wonder what changed. Personally, I think pearl white just looks off-white/yellowish and ugly compared to the normal super white or black so I'm curious to see if people will really pay extra for it.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 00:08   #495
Senior - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,609
Thanked: 16,944 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Here's the prices for Chennai. Seems for pearl white color, the extra cost is Rs 9500. Is it because bulk of the bookings are for this color? My booking is also Pearl White.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Pearl white is an option that will cost you extra money abroad due to it beig a metallic shade having extra layers of paint. They normally don't charge extra for colours here so I wonder what changed.
Toyota has always charged a premium of ₹15k for the Pearl White on any of the cars it is offered on (only Toyota’s not rebadged ones). Innova Crysta and previous gen + current gen Fortuner have always had that ₹15k premium for Pearl White.

So Toyota charging ₹9.5k for the Pearl White on the HyCross is pleasantly surprising for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Just came back from Ravindu Toyota. According to sales executive, they have been instructed by TKML to quote a waiting period of 2 years for the Hybrid now. He said that he was quoting 5-6 months till yesterday.
It seems Toyota has realized that they have launched the car at a sensible price and now want to get back their reputation with insane waiting times and generous price hikes in between.
Actually I am not surprised with the waiting period because both the TNGA Hybrid 1.5L (for HyRyder and Grand Vitara) and 2.0L (HyCross) engines are in short supply. Local production of these Hybrid engines had started just a month before the HyRyder was launched with prices. The result is already seen in case of the HyRyder, they are barely managing 5k units of the Hybrids (incl of both Hybrid HyRyder and Hybrid Grand Vitara) which is nothing compared to what a Creta/Seltos sells.

Although 2 years waiting period sounds like Toyota wants to play it safe as well as boast a bit, 1 year waiting period sounds more realistic …

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 7th January 2023 at 00:16.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks