Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2023, 15:16   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

I am stopping short of calling this as brilliant pricing because Toyota still thinks safety is at a premium and for only those who want captain seats !!

VX hybrid is well priced and can easily shift the loyalties of those waiting in line for XUV700, Safari etc. This model has pretty much everything I can ask for and comes with bench seat too. However I noticed that Toyota is offering only 2 airbags in 2023 !! One needs to really spend 5+ Lakhs if they are serious about safety and in ZX, you don't have the option of rear bench.

This coming from a company which justified Yaris premium price as focus on safety !! Even Hyryder has 6 airbags across all trims if I am not wrong.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 3rd January 2023 at 15:17.
rajshenoy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 15:38   #467
BHPian

I can only echo what many others have mentioned, it is pretty silly of Toyota not to offer 6 Airbags in the VX. Infact they should have offered it in all the variants. This is unpardonable especially since in about 6 to 8 months they will have to offer it in all variants. Having to spend an additional 5 lakhs for, essentially, just the additional Airbags and Panoramic Sunroof is absurd and i don't want to compromise on safety and in the process missout on the convenience of the bench seat.

Also the premium of 5 lakhs (from GX to VX) is translating to an on road price difference of 7 lakhs (in Kerala). This, i think, is a rather steep premium for Hybrid technology (and of course some additional features). Toyota should have offered Hybrid variants in all the variants along with Petrol only option.

I really hope that they will make some changes with the product mix before the deliveries start otherwise will be forced to consider alternatives.

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 3rd January 2023 at 15:41.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 16:13   #468
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I called the Office numbers of my dealer,
I have not got any response, even from the higher officials of the dealer!

All I ask for is a booking number!
Old 3rd January 2023, 17:10   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Even Hyryder has 6 airbags across all trims if I am not wrong.
Actually the S variant has only 2 airbags while the G & V variants have 6. But yes, I do agree that 6 should be standard across the industry.
Cruzn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 04:20   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
If that is the case, wonder what stops them from making a hybrid which functions like the Innova Hycross Hybrid, yet having charging ability while being parked. It is like best of both the worlds (may get more complex and expensive).
You have to manage the battery state of charge remember for it to last in an automobile application. What you are proposing is using 1.7kwh of lets says a 20kwh battery which is like 10% state of charge, extremely harmful for the battery in the long term.

The more i think about plug-in hybrid, the more terrible they sound. They are not good EV's and they arent good ICE vehicles either.
extreme_torque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 08:24   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
You have to manage the battery state of charge remember for it to last in an automobile application. What you are proposing is using 1.7kwh of lets says a 20kwh battery which is like 10% state of charge, extremely harmful for the battery in the long term.
All Toyota hybrids including the plug-in hybrid consciously tries to maintain the state of battery charge at a healthy level ( they try to avoid that 10 percent level at all costs ). Else, they would never be able to give a battery warranty of 8 years!

Last edited by amalji : 4th January 2023 at 08:25.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 10:39   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
All Toyota hybrids including the plug-in hybrid consciously tries to maintain the state of battery charge at a healthy level ( they try to avoid that 10 percent level at all costs ). Else, they would never be able to give a battery warranty of 8 years!
A Toyota Hybrid system normally keep the battery between 20 to 60% state of charge at most of the times (verified via OBD adapter). I dont know how they can keep it that way for plug-in hybrids given its a much larger battery and hence would charge slow and would discharge slower as well unless they only use 20-80% of its total capacity.
extreme_torque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 15:07   #473
BHPian

Received price list for Mumbai. The on-road price for VX 8 seater is Rs. 30,25,438/- (individual registration). The parts overpriced include:
-Insurance = Rs. 1,41,855 &
-Accessories = Rs. 51,649. The list of accessories worth this amount includes wireless charger (front) for Rs. 9,900 (for all variants). Thought wireless charger came standard in Zx variants!

Also mentions Auxiliary charges (not sure what it is!) = 11,210.
The extended warranty for 2 years & 1 lakh kms is Rs. 42924/- . Isn't 1 lakh kms low for an Innova? Are Toyota dealers flexible when it comes to negotiating some of these unnecessary charges / overpriced items?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230104-2.45.55-pm.png  

Last edited by greenoval : 4th January 2023 at 15:10.
Old 4th January 2023, 15:26   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
The extended warranty for 2 years & 1 lakh kms is Rs. 42924/- . Isn't 1 lakh kms low for an Innova? Are Toyota dealers flexible when it comes to negotiating some of these unnecessary charges / overpriced items?
Warranty package is flexible. Buyer can opt to extend just year or extend year and KM's. Prices vary based on plan you opt. 5 years/1Lakh KM should be the base plan.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 17:40   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
On Road Price list for Bangalore.
Slightly going off topic for this post here.

30L on road for the VX hybrid, which looks VFM on paper. I did a comparison of the specs side and found these differences, now am not really sure if it is worth pumping in 30L (I definitely can't stretch to 36L for the top variant)

The differences are very little, so it makes me question the 6L premium on the top variant.

Some features are not a deal breaker for me:
Panoramic Sun roof
Front grille gloss paint
Power Back Door
Fabric seat material
8" infotainment
6 Speakers (can always fix a good set of speakers without impacting the warranty to improve the sound experience)

On a 30L Toyota, these ones should have been standard across the board
6/8 Airbags
Toyota Safety sense
Dual Function Daytime Running Lamp [DRL + Turn]
Automatic Climate Control with pollution filter
ventilated seats
8-Way Power Adjustable Driver Seat with Memory + Slide Return & Away Function

I am still on the fence decision wise, hoping to hear some exciting news from the auto show and make a decision.

The toss up now is between the XUV700, ScorpioN or the Hycross
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:31   #476
BHPian

Has anyone received any updates on the start of test drives? I have been following up with my service advisor at Nandi Toyota but he just keeps saying next week.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:50   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Has anyone received any updates on the start of test drives? I k.
There is not even a display model in Delhi. It's supposed to come after 15th january. I wonder when they will start offering TD.
Old 5th January 2023, 12:36   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Has anyone received any updates on the start of test drives? I have been following up with my service advisor at Nandi Toyota but he just keeps saying next week.
I'm told the display car will be available after 15Jan; Delivery starts soon after. Test drives to start in Feb. No, I did not mix up the timeline. I'm confused too.
ppc_rgs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 13:12   #479

I was wondering if the energy monitor graphic is only available on the mid or it comes on the jbl system display also like in other hybrid cars.
Also there is no map application on the jbl system or A/C controls.
It seems to me that the jbl system is just a regular touch enabled music system but it is not integrated with the car but more like an after market accessory.
Please correct me if I am wrong but ideally it should feel connected to the car.
Old 5th January 2023, 15:33   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I can only echo what many others have mentioned, it is pretty silly of Toyota not to offer 6 Airbags in the VX.
This could be a deliberate move to push the customer to opt for ZX and laugh at their bank.

Off Topic: one of my friends runs his small travel company in pune. These travel fraternity is utterly confused right now with the changing scenario, few points he mentioned:

1. There is no registration happening for diesel cars for taxi segments at least in pune. So he is holding up with his swift dezire fleet for now. Clearly Govt. is pushing them for CNG, EV or hybrid powertrains.
2. Hycross Hybrid cost 30 Lakhs on road. He is not convinced about the mileage, the pulling power, the claimed mileage on full load highway usage.
3. Crysta in the used market is gold right now. He informed, even 15 years old innova is trading at 4-6 lakhs rupees.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks