Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2023, 10:08   #496
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

I asked the dealer in Kolkata yesterday lead time if booked now. They informed deliveries in June / July.
Old 7th January 2023, 12:44   #497
BHPian

I've received a quote from a Toyota Mumbai dealer. The list of additional charges is rather long:
- insurance @ INR 1.63l
- depot charges @ 14.8k
- auxiliary charges @ 11.9k
- Anti rust+teflon+PPF @ 19.5k
- accessories @ 49.6k

While I was expecting dealers tax to be substantial, this borders profiteering.
Are we supposed grin and bear it? Is there some redressal here?
schwartz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 17:32   #498
BHPian

Visited Nandi Toyota in Bangalore recently. Some information gathered:

1. Dealer cars are expected in Bangalore by Jan 20th. Only two variants Petrol and Hybrid is expected. Test drives are expected to start by Jan 20th.
2. Note that ZX(O) will not be available among the Test Drive Cars. According to SA, ADAS is difficult to test them in city and hence unable to do quick Test Drives. Also noted that unlike the XUV700, the ADAS is Lidar based and not radar based, so range of detection is more limited. Thankfully the ZX(O) variant pictures shown to me didn't have an overabundance of Chrome.
3.Customers will be given an option to rebook the color and variant after these test rides.
4. After rebooking across the country, Toyota will start delivery planning based on colors and variants. Dealers will be be provided delivery schedules after this.
5. My booking was in early Dec-2022, and to my surprise ETA told to me that delivery can be expected in about March/April-2023. Although bookings made in Jan 2023 will be 6 months to a year later.
6. Understand that Toyota is running 2 shifts of production now for Hycross on a dedicated assembly line. The Hyryder/Grand Vitara is on a seperate line of its own.
7. According to SA, there is no plan for a Maruti version of Innova Hycross in near future.
8. Also, the batteries in both Hycross have air vents and air filters to ensure proper cooling. These need to be kept clean to ensure temperatures do not rise.
9. Ni-MH Battery replacement costs in Hycross is about 2 Lakhs. Warranted for 8 years. Similar to Hyryder although that is Li-On.
10. Strong push for in house 3 years Insurance of 1.4 Lakhs claiming that a insurance and service claims will be easier to handle for such a complex hybrid system.
11. No such push for accessories (yet). INR 7500 gets you mudflaps and mats.
12. According to the SA, Spare wheel needs to be purchased from Dealer.
13. Popular cars are Superwhite, Pearl White and Ageha Black. Popular variants are ZX/ZX(O). Strong demand from Politicians, who are going for the Ottoman seats.
14. According to the SA, price hike for Hycross is not expected soon.
15. Also, according to the SA, Toyota will push the Automatic Petrol Hycross GS variant for yellow boards and are keeping the Crysta Diesel as a fall back option.

Overall a pleasant and knowledgeable SA at Nandi Toyota, quite unlike the XUV700 Dealer experiences that I have had.
mk600 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 19:42   #499
BHPian

There are a lot of comments on Toyota's omission of 6 airbags from VX variant and their omission of bench seat on ZX. Could these 2 be related in that the additional airbags designed only for the captain seats and can't really be supported on bench seats? I think there must be a technical rationale for this bizarre packaging decision.
oh_maan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 21:23   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
Also noted that unlike the XUV700, the ADAS is Lidar based and not radar based
This is news. Most of the articles point to RADAR only. Please share some links which confirm this news.

Following sources mention Radar only
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collis..._system#Toyota
https://www.toyota.com/safety-sense/
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ss-review.html (Toyota Innova Hycross Review) (search for radar)

Ps - Isn't lidar very expensive and usually sits on top of the car? or has it become lean and invisible in the new gen.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 00:02   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_maan View Post
There are a lot of comments on Toyota's omission of 6 airbags from VX variant and their omission of bench seat on ZX. Could these 2 be related in that the additional airbags designed only for the captain seats and can't really be supported on bench seats? I think there must be a technical rationale for this bizarre packaging decision.
Well, I don’t think that it’s the true reason. There are other bench seat 7 seaters like the Mercedes GLB and even the GLS all of which get curtain airbags. It’s just that Toyota doesn’t want to give a bench seat option due to some stupid reason.

I had this same grudge with them while buying the Innova Crysta a few months back. I didn’t want to settle for a feature less and 2 airbag GX variant and wanted the top of the line ZX but it didn’t come with a bench seat option. Finally settled for ZX considering the safety aspect in mind. When I asked the SA about “Why Toyota does it?” He told me vaguely that it makes the car look like Taxi while in real life I have seen most of the Taxis using the 7 seat (Captain Seat) option. Even asked if Toyota can fit bench seat in ZX on order for an extra amount but he straightaway refused that no modifications can be made!
Old 8th January 2023, 09:16   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc_rgs View Post
I'm told the display car will be available after 15Jan; Delivery starts soon after. Test drives to start in Feb. No, I did not mix up the timeline. I'm confused too.
I'm sure you didn't mix up the timeline. But did you ask about which year they were referring to?
Old 8th January 2023, 09:39   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
This is news. Most of the articles point to RADAR only. Please share some links which confirm this news.

Regards
Dev
This was communicated by the SA to me. But in all fairness it seems both radar and lidar (laser) are present:

https://motoroctane.com/news/248783-...innova-hycross

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroo...es-safety.html ("Warns you of an imminent car crash with the help of radar and laser image sensors")
mk600 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 13:31   #504
BHPian

Got a call from Ravindu Toyota to confirm variant, color and email ID. They will call once test drive vehicles arrive.

Waiting to test drive the vehicle to assess 2 things and then confirm
- Does the car feel like 30L+
- Is it too big and cumbersome for city use
teknicsand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 20:21   #505
BHPian

So an interesting conversation with my SA (here in Bangalore).
Variant I have booked is VX 8S and I was cribbing about the 2 air bags. He looked bewildered. “No sir. VX will come with 6 airbags. Only G variants will have 2 airbags.” I obviously asked him if he was sure etc and he seemed pretty confident. We can take this with a pinch of salt though.

As mentioned in other posts, Jan 20 onwards vehicles would be delivered for showroom display and test drives.

On deliveries, he mentioned that all the bookings done on the day on launch Nov 26 and before should get delivered in Feb and March.

90% bookings are for ZX variant and out of that also most for ZX(O).

Any customer walking in now to book is being given a wait time of 1 to 1.5 years.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 22:37   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
So an interesting conversation with my SA (here in Bangalore).
Variant I have booked is VX 8S and I was cribbing about the 2 air bags. He looked bewildered. “No sir. VX will come with 6 airbags. Only G variants will have 2 airbags.”
Don't think this would be true. Even though I wish it were true. For those looking for a detailed VX variant video, check out the below Indonesian Zenix video. Both G and V variants has only 2 airbags there.

Though it's just gasoline V variant, the differences vs Indian VX variant are (apart from Hybrid):-

1. 8 inch touch screen (VX) vs 10 inch there
2. Auto IRVM (VX) vs just manual there
3. Auto cruise (VX) vs none there
4. Missing Wheel Arch cladding (VX)
5. No entertainment display for rear seats (VX)

For the gasoline variant, the mileage shows 6.4 kmpl. Almost full tank range is 313 km. Maybe due to too much idling. But those looking at GX variant should be concerned about single digit mileage in City.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230108221158041_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
jthomas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 01:17   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Almost full tank range is 313 km.
Fact
There's a difference of 8 to 10 litres between FULL and ALMOST FULL fuel tank. After refilling my car's fuel tank to full, all fuel bars stay filled for more than 150 KMs. It drops down by 1 bar after that. So at approx average of 15 kmpl, it consumes 10 Litres at that point, hence 20% of a 50 litres tank. Add 20% to ~300 kms range is 360 which isn't great though. Sorry for taking your time to read

Opinion
I don't think Hycross will sell well in India. Not that it's a bad product, but it doesn't have a market for this tech at this price point yet. Any SUV/MUV in this price bracket with diesel AT would be chosen over Hycross for two reasons; Fuel economy and Torque. Crysta badly needs to come back.
Heisenberg_ad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 10:08   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post

For the gasoline variant, the mileage shows 6.4 kmpl. Almost full tank range is 313 km. Maybe due to too much idling. But those looking at GX variant should be concerned about single digit mileage in City.

Attachment 2401564
Jobin Thomas
Thanks for the info. I noticed you have left a comment in that video as well. I too am keen in understanding the petrol variant's mileage as i have suggested a colleague to pick up GX over VX to stay within company lease plans. So help me out. Can you check if the screenshot below is the showing KMPL?

ps - Any teambhpians from Indonesia? Can you decode this video and let us know if this is 14.9 KMPL or something else?

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230109-10.01.29-am.png

Full video here

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 10:11   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
ps - Any teambhpians from Indonesia? Can you decode this video and let us know if this is 14.9 KMPL or something else?
That is 14.9l/100km.
So 6.71 km/l. Could be lots of idling and testing, even then you can expect below 10 km/l for sure in city conditions.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 20:56   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Offtopic.
Can't compare the Pajero with the other run of the mill monocoque/ unibody vehicles. Pajero is the definition of a Sports Utility Vehicle and unlike its compatriots from Toyota and Nissan see less of commercial usage and more of sports usage.

Also, the Pajero and models like the old Grand Vitara, while unibody/ monocoque have an integrated ladder chassis design in their unibody. This results in far more rigidity and durability than other run of the mill monocoques. Not to say they get the fundamentals right. Right from the longitundinal engine mounted rear wheel drive layout to the suspension system. Can't say the same for the other monocoques.

I am a noob regarding off-roading, but I believe while dune bashing does put stress on vehicles, it has more to do with the sheer power that can be put down, unlike rock crawling and other off-roading events needing extreme articulation and puts more stress on the frame.
With all due respect, i don't think it is offtopic at all. Although a reinforced chassis, the Pajero still uses a monocoque structure. Other offroaders including the legendary Jeep Cherokee XJ also had a monocoque chassis, and the XJ is legendary for its rock crawling prowess, so i have to disagree. And yes dune bashing does take power into more of an account, but the loose sands require quite some articulation from the suspension to maximize contact and grip, because unlike rock crawling, the surface is soft, the need for grip is higher.
Gautam_707 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks