Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2023, 22:18   #1351
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
So I am finally going to get the delivery of my vx(o) on Monday. Did a sort of PDI today and looked good. Few pics from the little checkup I did today.

Few more questions on the accessories:
- roof ornament: is this just for show or does it actually serve a purpose?
- I’ve been told that I can either get the rear under run or the rear bike protection as only one can be fit in that place, any thoughts?
The roof ornament is essentially that - an ornament without functional value, esp with the VX(O) having a sunroof.

Yes, only one of the under run or the rear bike protection. Here's info from Toyota about all accessories.

Btw, which dealership in Hyd is this ?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2023_ Innova HyCross Accessories Information Guide .pdf (2.02 MB, 744 views)

Last edited by RoadTiger : 1st April 2023 at 22:27.
RoadTiger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 22:50   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
The roof ornament is essentially that - an ornament without functional value, esp with the VX(O) having a sunroof.

Yes, only one of the under run or the rear bike protection. Here's info from Toyota about all accessories.

Btw, which dealership in Hyd is this ?
This is Mody Toyota Kharkhana branch.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 23:49   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
- I’ve been told that I can either get the rear under run or the rear bike protection as only one can be fit in that place, any thoughts?
Front and rear underrun are purely for looks purpose. I got front under run with the hope that it can offer some protection against badly designed road humps. Got the rear bike protector. This is made of metal and connects to the chassis and is quite sturdy. It can definitely protect against minor mishaps.

Quote:
Could you share few pics showing how these accessories are looking on your car?
I have posted pics of my car with below accessories.
  • Bumper corner protector
  • Door Edge Protector
  • Fog Lamp Kit
  • Front Under Run
  • Rear Bike Protector
  • Slde Mold chrome
  • Side Visor w/chrome
Quote:
Did you get any information on whether changing the speakers will void warranty?
The focal speakers that I listed in below post should be socket compatible with Toyota. Accessories rep in Ravindu Toyota, Bangalore told me that if I get these speakers, they will install and there should not be any warranty void as speakers fit existing sockets without any cuts or rewiring. I had them open and show me the stock speakers of my VX. I have taken pics. Doing a bit more research on this. Will post stock speaker photos and my findings on Focal soon in a new post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
The drop-in replacement speakers from Focal look good. These have high sensitivity and seem to work well with stock amplification.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-fog-lampsbumper-cornerfront-underrun.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-rear-bike-protector1.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-rear-bike-protector3.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-visordoor-edgep-mold1.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-visordoor-edgep-mold2.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd April 2023 at 17:58. Reason: Quotes trimmed, pictures inserted in-line.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 05:38   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Congratulations on your purchase, wish you happy miles.

am very much interested in knowing your observations about Hycross especially on ride quality (highway undulations, rumble strips, deep/sharp potholes, concrete road NVH) and car's in-gear acceleration at various speeds.

I did took a look at it after launch, but was little disappointed in cabin touch and feel. It felt only marginally better than my current 2016 Jazz cabin quality.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I too am interested to know your observations.

I drove my jazz on the same road where I test drove the hycross. I think it’s wrong to compare them in the same category. The difference was night and day on the bad sections of the road.
Thanks @varunswnt!

Our Jazz is not at all a benchmark in ride quality. Atleast my Jazz isn't.
I can feel everything the road has to offer in Jazz which isn't exactly nice.
The Hycross gobbles up undulations with ease, but because of the height, you get some of it transferred in the form of body roll.
My Jazz's dashboard feels like it will fall off on rumbler strips, but no drama of that sort in the Hycross.
And I took the Hycross off-road too and it performed spectacularly.

Plastic quality is definitely similar to Jazz (which isn't saying much).
The overall space, seating comfort made me keep my booking.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 07:06   #1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
?
Thank you Road Tiger for adding the accessories details. I have also quite a handful of them installed. But I'm facing 2 issues- one the Legroom lamp doesn't change colours through the mobile app (weirdly the same installed on a legender in the family works fine!) and secondly, Toyota dealership says welcome door lamps can be installed only in front 2 doors and not on rear doors. Can someone please clarify on these 2 issues. Thanks

Quote:
So I am finally going to get the delivery of my vx(o) on Monday. Did a sort of PDI today and looked good. Few pics from the little checkup I did today.
Hi! Rear ornament is purely for looks. You can get both rear underrun as well as bike protector installed on same car as i did. I also got the muffler cutter as well ( though someone here posted a dealer flyer saying either muffler cutter or rear bike protector can be installed!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.joshi View Post
I have booked Innova Hycross VX at Pune and expecting it to be delivered next week post registration.
Hi Prashant. Just sharing my views on your queries as under:-

1. Must have accessories vary from person to person but if you are concerned about your and your vehicle safety you can add a few such as DVR, Rear bike protector, side cladding, door corner protector. The other ones seem purely cosmetic and for enhancing vehicle looks.
2. You can try our the existing seats and based on your experience go for a leather one if required.
3. Yes, chrome does add a lot of bling and style especially on darker colours.
4. Coatings like graphene or ceramic definitely help in keeping your vehicle shining like new for longer duration as well as makes it easier to clean. It is not a necessity especially if you have a closed and well shaded parking.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd April 2023 at 08:00. Reason: Back to Back, quoted post trimmed. Please use Multi Quote function.
Manveet84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 08:31   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveet84 View Post

Hi! Rear ornament is purely for looks. You can get both rear underrun as well as bike protector installed on same car as i did. I also got the muffler cutter as well ( though someone here posted a dealer flyer saying either muffler cutter or rear bike protector can be installed!!)
Thanks Manveet, can you post the pic of your rear part of the car which has the rear underun + the rear bike protection so that I can talk about it with the accessories person.
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:35   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I can feel everything the road has to offer in Jazz which isn't exactly nice.
The Hycross gobbles up undulations with ease.

My Jazz's dashboard feels like it will fall off on rumbler strips, but no drama of that sort in the Hycross.
And I took the Hycross off-road too and it performed spectacularly.

Plastic quality is definitely similar to Jazz (which isn't saying much).
The overall space, seating comfort made me keep my booking.
This is exactly what I wanted to understand. I wanted to see how big a difference Hycross makes in ride quality as Hycross too is similar in architecture like monocoque chassis, front suspension McPherson struts and rear suspension torsion beam. I have driven Crysta on various occasions and that car does not pass road undulations/rumbler strips to people in car. So, your feedback is promising as I was not very sure of Hycross' ride quality compared to Crysta.

Jazz definitely is stiff and that rumble strip drama is true in my car as well.

Last edited by varunswnt : 2nd April 2023 at 10:48.
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:43   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I too am interested to know your observations.

I drove my jazz on the same road where I test drove the hycross. I think it’s wrong to compare them in the same category. The difference was night and day on the bad sections of the road.
I am not comparing them in same category, I am trying to understand how big a leap is Hycross' ride quality when compared to Jazz, as Hycross has now become monocoque chassis derived car and is very similar in architecture with Jazz.

Thanks for sharing your test drive experience of Hycross, it further make me comfortable in knowing that Hycross too rides similar to Crysta in terms of ride quality and handling of bad road undulations.

Would like to know more from you about car's acceleration in various gears and roll-on acceleration and it's behaviour with varying number of people seated in car. My Jazz 1.2 iVtec MT clearly shows different character when fully loaded with AC switched ON. It crawls.
Old 2nd April 2023, 12:11   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Would like to know more from you about car's acceleration in various gears and roll-on acceleration and its behaviour with varying number of people seated in car. My Jazz 1.2 iVtec MT clearly shows different character when fully loaded with AC switched ON. It crawls.
I felt that the hycross was lacking at times, specially when pushed from start on a climb. Sudden acceleration on a flat road was good. But this comes from my test rides of about 5-6 kms. And my comparison is Jazz iVtec CVT.

My experience with Jazz has been mostly positive. On D mode, the acceleration can be lacking, but on S mode, I find the car to be quite punchy! I recently had a 3000 km trip, 2 persons and luggage. The car was well planted, and comfortable on the highways.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 12:59   #1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post

I have posted pics of my car with below accessories.
  • Bumper corner protector
  • Door Edge Protector
  • Fog Lamp Kit
  • Front Under Run
  • Rear Bike Protector
  • Slde Mold chrome
  • Side Visor w/chrome
Is this Blackish Ageha Glass Flake under sunlight ?
Old 2nd April 2023, 17:36   #1361

Quote:
Thanks Manveet, can you post the pic of your rear part of the car which has the rear underun + the rear bike protection so that I can talk about it with the accessories person.
Please find attached the picture
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20230402_173425.jpg  

Manveet84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 22:05   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhig View Post
Is this Blackish Ageha Glass Flake under sunlight ?
Yes this is Blackish Ageha Glass Flake. Looks bluish under bright sunlight. greenish in moderate sunlight/light and blackish in low light.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 22:19   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveet84 View Post

Quote:
My dealer (Ravindu Toyota, Bangalore) suggested to not go for other accessories if Rear bike protector is installed. I did not enquire why is it not suggested to go for all 3. Just went with dealer suggestion and the information in this PDF.

The same is given in the Accessories information PDF (shared earlier in this forum) - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...ion-guide-.pdf

I have extracted pages of Muffler cutter, Rear underrun and bike protector below.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-accmuffler-cutter.png  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-accrear-bike-protector.png  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-accrear-under-run.png  

Old 3rd April 2023, 10:26   #1364
BHPian

Can one download the owners manual as a pdf or order a hard copy. It’s very difficult to log into toyota portal with vin number etc each time one wants to check something small and also difficult to read on a phone. Toyota voc says no physical or pdf manual is possible which is a little crazy. Currently you have to put vehicle vin number month of manufacture phone number then otp to access the owners manual. This discourages the owner from reading the book.

Last edited by gautam99 : 3rd April 2023 at 10:27.
Old 3rd April 2023, 10:39   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Can one download the owners manual as a pdf or order a hard copy. It’s very difficult to log into toyota portal with vin number etc each time one wants to check something small and also difficult to read on a phone. Toyota voc says no physical or pdf manual is possible which is a little crazy. Currently you have to put vehicle vin number month of manufacture phone number then otp to access the owners manual. This discourages the owner from reading the book.
If we install the Toyota iConnect app, then we no longer need to log in each time. It allows one to download the manual for offline viewing (only within the app) when network coverage is not there.

I wished they provided a pdf file or a printed document.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks