Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2024, 10:31   #2851
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Toyota has silently updated their website & brochure with updates regarding GXO model. Price is still not revealed by them, which could turn out to be a deal breaker for the numbers for this variant. A bigger playout would also be reduction of GST on hybrid, if that ever happens.

Major difference between GX(O) & VX is Information Display (MID), cruise control, Automatic IRVM, Speakers, Paddle shift, Fog lamp (provided in GX(O) but not in VX), Tyre size , CVT form & offcourse hybrid capability.

For someone majorly using it for driving on highways & being chauffer driven mostly, GX(O) would make sense as over the years hybrid battery would become less effective and wouldn't help much in mileage or additional power & torque.
CA Dhruv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 22:23   #2852
Distinguished - BHPian

The updated spec sheet of Hycross. It includes the GXO.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-brochure-hycross-spec (6).pdf (223.1 KB, 105 views)
Old 26th March 2024, 14:13   #2853
BHPian

My ZX (o) has returned an impressive fuel economy of 18.5 KM/L from the first tankful. This was entirely in the city, weaving through dense traffic. Also got the first service done. Furthermore, got the GFX mats that have been recommended here and the official Toyota car cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6492.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6494.jpeg  

Sanidhya mukund is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 15:09   #2854

Be very careful of rats in this car. My neighbour had his fuel pipe chewed out by rats.
Entire garage flooded by fuel, guard alerted us due to the fumes(we are on the first floor and we park next to the Hycross.)
Took Toyota a week to get everything back up to spec. In a garage with all manner of cars from Hyundai to BMW, this got damaged very badly.
sgoyal9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 19:34   #2855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The updated spec sheet of Hycross. It includes the GXO.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20240327-7.33.43-pm.png

Brochure mentions these two items that I can't find on my car. Is anyone aware of what screen that is?
Old 27th March 2024, 20:26   #2856
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Attachment 2587435

Brochure mentions these two items that I can't find on my car. Is anyone aware of what screen that is?
The screen is nothing but the 17.8cm TFT screen in the instrument cluster, that displays everything from the speed, TPMS, energy flow meter to the ADAS functionalities.

The call display and music playing features are not present in the HyCross. While copy-pasting the information in the brochure from the Innova Crysta, Toyota India has added what all the HyCross gets but has missed to delete what it doesn’t get (which the Crysta gets) .
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 20:33   #2857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
What difference did you feel in terms of overall build quality both interior and overall, honestly I find Crysta's interior and overall quality much superior to Hycross's, there are still no rattles or squeaks in 8-year-old Crysta which I travel regularly whereas in Hycross there are some squeaks and rattles.
I have this really bad squeaking coming from the center armrest trim and steering trim. Note : It's not coming from the actual steering, just the plastic trim pieces.

I assumed it was going to be a easy fix; maybe some screws weren't tightened enough or maybe spray some lubricant on the plastic tabs.
So I figured I would just wait till the 10k service to get it corrected along with some other minor issues I was having.

Surprisingly, I was told that this is normal.
Oh well, maybe the dealership had a lot on their plate with the brake pad replacement so maybe the tech didn't want to go around hunting down squeaks. Or maybe that tech wasn't aware of how to fix it.
I would rather give them the benefit of doubt instead of jumping to conclusions, so I figured I would just take it to their Kochi dealership and see if they could fix it.

Sadly, even the massive Kochi dealership claimed that this is normal for the Hycross. I was pretty sad to hear that. This is a major black mark on an otherwise fantastic car. Toyota's service too has been pretty good so far so I guess it's just a consequence of that terrible quality plastic they have been using.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix it, I'm open to suggestions.
Old 29th March 2024, 11:30   #2858

I have had a squeaking issue with my center armrest as well for my Hycross. In my first service bought this up to the service guy . He said this squeaking in the center armrest is normal & its due to the leather of the center console touching the leather of the seat. He did not have any solution how this can be stopped. I decided to just put a bunch of tissues in between the armrest console and the passenger seat and I have not heard the sound after this. Once I remove the tissues or sometimes if it falls off I start to hear the squeaking sound again.

I have not yet heard any sound from my steering trim at least.
yogi13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 11:26   #2859
BHPian

Got the GX + price list. May consider this instead of the Carens.

Innova Hycross Feb 24.pdf
Old 30th March 2024, 11:55   #2860
BHPian

Today is my car's 1st birthday!

Review so far -
My family loves this reliable workhorse. The sheer comfort one experiences in this due to its smooth powertrain and decent suspension really makes it the first choice. We have been able to plan longer and farther trips due to the Hycross. We have completed 13,000 kms in this as Jazz is our daily driver and Beast makes for the perfect road trip car.
The mileage is great. In city, I get 18-20 kmpl and on highways, it churns out 16-18 kmpl. And I am a spirited driver.

Few things I personally dislike is that even after paying 31L, I don't get better quality interiors.

Birthday treats planned: Install the dashcam I bought over 2-3 weeks ago. The beast is cleaned daily, so maybe will plan a proper car spa day for it soon!
Any other ideas how you would celebrate your vehicles birthday?

Beast with its brother, i.e. another Beast!
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20230330wa0025.jpg

Beast through a tree tunnel
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240215_092040.jpg

Last edited by turbospooler : 30th March 2024 at 11:57.
turbospooler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 13:39   #2861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Got the GX + price list. May consider this instead of the Carens.

Attachment 2588129
GX+ is a limited edition that has been discontinued. New variant that'll be shortly launched is the GX(O). You can consider that one.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 15:48   #2862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Today is my car's 1st birthday!

Birthday treats planned: Install the dashcam I bought over 2-3 weeks ago. The beast is cleaned daily, so maybe will plan a proper car spa day for it soon!
Any other ideas how you would celebrate your vehicles birthday?

Beast with its brother, i.e. another Beast!
Attachment 2588132

Beast through a tree tunnel
Attachment 2588133
Could you share the details of the dash cam you installed and whether you got it installed from the showroom itself?

Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 18:26   #2863
Distinguished - BHPian

Man this looks so sexy, can’t believe I’m calling an Innova sexy, but it is what it is

Crysta’s 17 inch alloys hit different on the HyCross, irrespective of the variant (this one is a ZX(O) ) it’s fitted on…

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-e3092031c8134b369b663866ee7ac8af.jpeg

Source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C34pX...R6NTU5YXRnMw==

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 30th March 2024 at 18:41.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 20:06   #2864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Man this looks so sexy, can’t believe I’m calling an Innova sexy, but it is what it is

Crysta’s 17 inch alloys hit different on the HyCross, irrespective of the variant (this one is a ZX(O) ) it’s fitted on…

Attachment 2588313

I honestly don’t see the appeal. The original 18 inch rims look nice but the drawback was that the wheels looked small for the car and were too inset into the body. These ones also look inset and small compared to the large bulk of the Hycross.
Old 30th March 2024, 20:47   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

Attachment 2588313

This indeed looks better and suits the bulk and proportions better than the stock 18 inches, this may be a good option for Zx owners also the Vx alloys just look perfect but the bling factor is only there in 18 inchers.
Anyone swapped stock tyres with premium Michellin how was your experience compared to stock?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks