Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2024, 19:02   #2896
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fan noise from passenger side

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiteshuppal View Post
I turned both of them and still could hear the sound :(
Can you post a picture of your AC control panel when this sound occurs? Is it coming from inside or outside the car?
Old 10th April 2024, 13:08   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Hi - Does anyone else also notice a strange fan noise? Even if AC is turned off it comes. I have Zxo. Drove 900+ kms
That's the noise from the battery ventilation/cooling fan. The filter/outlet is under the front passenger seat, between the seat and the door.

I was puzzled in the initial days as well, until my son discovered the source!

Infact, you are more likely to hear that fan if the A/c is switched off as that increases the battery temp too (along with the cabin temp), increasing the chance of it turning on.

Last edited by chaotic : 10th April 2024 at 13:31. Reason: add details
chaotic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 15:28   #2898

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Ohh that could be the one, as I remember, it comes near the passenger seat only Thanks so much.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th April 2024 at 15:31. Reason: Please proofread before posting.
hiteshuppal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 20:29   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
I turned both of them and still could hear the sound :(
Please check the Front Seat Ventilation switch . If it's ON, the sound looks like it's from that .
Old 12th April 2024, 17:29   #2900
BHPian

I was able to book the ZXO on Gudi Padwa.

Made 2 bookings on the same day. One with Millennium and the other with Lakozy, both in Thane. Both dealers have pitched accessories worth 55k. However they both agreed that I don't have to buy all of them and I can choose to exclude anything that I didn't like.

Both dealers were not open to me taking insurance on my own. However, Lakozy themselves suggested to get a quote from outside they are happy to match it.

Millennium had a heavily modified Hycross on display, to the point where you couldn't even recognize it. Lakozy did not have one on display but were able to let me see one that was being prepared for delivery. Lakozy in general were quite patient and polite. Not that Millennium were impolite, but I'd rank Lakozy a tad higher in that aspect if I had to. I was pleasantly surprised to not experience the infamous Toyota High-handedness that I had read about.

Both dealers have quoted 6 to 8 months of waiting period. I was quite surprised by this. I was expecting a wait of over 1 year.

Eventually I think I'd go with whoever is able to get the car quicker. Provided they are willing to give me a deal on the insurance. Lets see.

Cheers.
SedateMotorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 13:06   #2901
BHPian

I’m getting my one year service done of my ZX(o) today and the service advisor has recommended the following additional services:
1. Engine Flush
2. Engine Additive
3. Injector Cleaner Petrol

This is at Millennium Toyota, Andheri. Are these really required?
Old 13th April 2024, 13:28   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
I’m getting my one year service done of my ZX(o) today and the service advisor has recommended the following additional services:
1. Engine Flush
2. Engine Additive
3. Injector Cleaner Petrol

This is at Millennium Toyota, Andheri. Are these really required?
I think they are additional jobs carried out by the dealer during my 1-year/10k service only the oil, oil filter and gasket ring were changed.
Wheel alignment and balancing was additional work carried out.
My total cost was 5300 something including WA balancing, and rotation.
manofinfinity is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 17:20   #2903

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
That's the noise from the battery ventilation/cooling fan. The filter/outlet is under the front passenger seat, between the seat and the door.

I was puzzled in the initial days as well, until my son discovered the source!

Infact, you are more likely to hear that fan if the A/c is switched off as that increases the battery temp too (along with the cabin temp), increasing the chance of it turning on.
It is normal and hybrid vehicles do have such noises after you shutdown the engine .
Old 14th April 2024, 15:54   #2904

The zx and zxo bookings have opened up. Surprising as the dealers I spoke to save that they are still delivering from Jan/Feb 2023. Waiting period for new bookings is varying from 6 months to 2 years which makes little sense. Does anyone have more accurate or authentic information about the waiting period for the new bookings?
Old 15th April 2024, 12:32   #2905
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Hycross on instagram with some meaty tyres. I really like how butch it looks.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1120.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1121.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1122.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1123.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1124.jpg
Cresterk is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 13:19   #2906
BHPian

Hello BHPian's,

I'm in the market for a comfortable 7-seater and the GX version appeals to me. Usage is very less (somewhere around 5000 to 7000km annually) and mostly 60% highways and 40% in the city.

The GX version is around 24.50L on the road without the addition of extended warranty and the service package here in Kerala.

While I was enquiring at the dealership, I randomly chatted with their used cars division which mentioned low run (less than 5000KM) GX versions are available in the range of 22 lakhs.

What is your take on this? A price difference of 2.5 lakhs is significant and I can use that for fuel and maintenance for a few years.

Requesting your experience and opinion on this.

Thank you

Last edited by thealtoman : 16th April 2024 at 13:20.
Old 16th April 2024, 13:55   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Hello BHPian's,

Requesting your experience and opinion on this.

Thank you
I would recommend to go for GX(O) variant which is launched at 21 lakhs (ex-showroom). The additional features are worth the price hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Toyota has launched a new petrol variant of the Innova Hycross. The new GX (O) variant is available in 7-seater or 8-seater configurations priced at Rs 21.13 lakh and Rs 20.99 lakh (ex-showroom), respectively.

Attachment 2594731

The Innova Hycross GX (O) variant is equipped with 16-inch alloy wheels, LED fog lamps, a roof spoiler with an LED stop lamp and electrically adjustable ORVMs with auto fold and integrated turn indicators.

The GX (O) variant gets a chestnut-themed interior with soft-touch leather trim on the dashboard and door panels and a rear sunshade. The MPV is equipped with a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and automatic climate control.

The safety features include front and rear parking sensors, a 360-degree camera, an electronic parking brake with Auto-hold, all-wheel disc brakes, 6 airbags and ISOFIX child seat anchors.

The Innova Hycross GX (O) is powered by Toyota’s 2.0-litre petrol engine that produces 172 BHP and 205 Nm. The engine is paired with a 10-step CVT.

Link to Team-BHP News
jthomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 01:07   #2908
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

Sharing a bit of scary incident I suffered yesterday morning due to low battery in the car. My learning from this incident is that having portable jump starter kit is essential. Planning to purchase one. There are lots of options on Amazon. There is one from MGA (Maruthi Genuine Accessories) as well. Any recommendations are welcome. The desciption of the incident and my experinece with emergency RSA is given below.

My Car is 14 months old now. It is used mainly for highways and when full the family goes out. It is taken out once or twice in a week. I also have Toyota DVR installed in the car (which in internally wired, can wake up on impact of certian Gs and start recording. It is also supposed to turn off when battery voltage drops below 12v.

Yesterday morning around 8:15AM I got into the car and tried starting it (car was last used for a short city round about 4 days ago). It was not starting and parking brake light was blinking. The message "Parking brake unavailable" was flashing in center of MID. Using the EPB button to disengage parking brakes did no have any effect. I tried whole sequence of turning off, waiting for few mins and then trying to turn on for next 10-15mins.

I then called the Toyota RSA toll free number. It prompted 2 options: 1) self-service and 2) talking to a executive. I chose the later and was immediately connected to an executive and he confirmed my contact/vehicle details and then sent an SMS. I was supposed to open the link in the SMS and help them get my location. But SMS did not arrive. He asked me to manually specify nearest landmark in Google Map and punched that address for the incident. The executive got the description of the incident and promised that tehnical expert will call within few mins.

I was waiting for the call sitting inside car. After 10 minutes of wait, decided to get out of the car and lock it. Tried closing all windows, but the power window buttons did not work. Tried turning off ACC mode of car and turning it on again, no display was coming on MID, hence was not sure what was happening. Tried power window buttons again with single clicks, windows started rasing few cms for each click. After numerous clicks, managed to close both front windows. Clicking on start/stop button was not giving any indication if car was turned off. Got out and tried locking using the key. Nothing happened when I pressed lock button on the key. Doors were not locked also. Car was completely vulnerable. Since car was at home, I did not try removing the manual key from remote and trying to lock it (Not yet sure if this is possible, have read about manual unlock).

I got return call after 20 mins. This person again asked for the details, I explained what happened since morning and the latest status. He told me that a technical expert will come and investigate the car ASAP. I got another call in about 30 mins and was asked to share my location on whatsapp. This person came in next 30 minutes. Overall the duration was 60 mins from my call to RSA toll free number and the person standing in front of my car. This person was on a bike with some tools and battery on the pillion seat. He was from a company called Allianz. He measured the voltage of my car battery with multimeter. It was showing only 3V. He connected his battery using jumper cables and asked me to start the car. With jumper cable attached, all things inside car sprang to life and MID started working. I was able to start the car. He asked me to keep it running for an hour. Like we do in good old manual cars, I could not press the accelerator to make car idle since system did not allow me to do so (even in neutral mode). I just left it on in the parking area with key inside the car and engine running. Engine ran for few mins and went to EV mode. After few mins in EV mode, it went to running on engine. I kept the car like this for about 90 mins. I was able to start the car without any issues and use it later in the day.

During this whole ordeal no warnings related to low battery or anything else were shown in iConnect App.

This being a relatively new car and battery. Not sure why battery became low. I plan to visit service center and get things checked, especially get the DVR checked to ensure that it is not sucking all the power.

This post on the same topic published on the news page is also a good read - https://www.team-bhp.com/news/batter...d-my-learnings

Given that these cars are totally useless without a battery. I will feel lot safer with a jumpstart kit. This thread seems to be the latest on jump starter kits - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...rter-cars.html (Maruti launches a compact jump starter for cars)

Last edited by gladiatort1000 : 18th April 2024 at 01:33.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 10:08   #2909

Have any of you heard of conversion of the rear Automatic blower control (like in VX) to Automatic climate control console (as in the ZX and above).

The same for the driver and front passenger seat, conversion from manual to powered?
Old 19th April 2024, 11:05   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I finally gained access to an owner's manual
Do you have full pdf of complete user manual, my app is still not tuned to car number. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks