Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2024, 21:41   #2776
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
The car completed one year and so far no issues.

Insurance was renewed for 24,400 with Royal Sundaram.
My insurance is up for renewal as I’m about to complete 1 year. While I did use the claim so 0 NCB and I’ve already paid for third party till 2026, yet the quotes being shared with me are like 47k+

It does includes addons like 0 dep, type protection, engine prot, return to invoice, key replacement, consumables expenses, return to invoice.

Would love to see your quote if possible or if you can share what addons did you include along with the considered IDV so that I can push my agent to get me the best pricing and as close as possible
Old 26th February 2024, 10:52   #2777
Distinguished - BHPian

In case anyone is looking to get immediate delivery of a HyCross ZX(O) in Mumbai, please PM me, I’ll share the details and the SA’s number.

FYI, The car has accessories bundled in it though.

Since I want an 8 str only, and ZX / ZX(O) both are not available with 8 seats, I didn’t pursue it.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 11:06   #2778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
In case anyone is looking to get immediate delivery of a HyCross ZX(O) in Mumbai, please PM me, I’ll share the details and the SA’s number.

FYI, The car has accessories bundled in it though.

Since I want an 8 str only, and ZX / ZX(O) both are not available with 8 seats, I didn’t pursue it.
This right here is how endemic Toyota dealer corruption is. Being forced to buy an accessorised car, with accessory pricing being questionable (in the interests of keeping things civil) is the same as paying a premium directly upfront. Pull the strings, get the car. Might as well sell it off for a profit right away, there is a thriving grey market. In meanwhile, genuine people with genuine bookings are made to wait for years with zero transparency and zero commitment. The company either has absolutely no control on its dealers, or is a willing and happy bystander. Either way, it’s a sad state of affairs.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 11:22   #2779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This right here is how endemic Toyota dealer corruption is. Being forced to buy an accessorised car, with accessory pricing being questionable (in the interests of keeping things civil) is the same as paying a premium directly upfront. Pull the strings, get the car. Might as well sell it off for a profit right away, there is a thriving grey market. In meanwhile, genuine people with genuine bookings are made to wait for years with zero transparency and zero commitment. The company either has absolutely no control on its dealers, or is a willing and happy bystander. Either way, it’s a sad state of affairs.
I resonate 101% with what you’ve mentioned.

It’s a proper racket and it has been going on for several years now, we have seen it with the Mahindra Thar, XUV700 and ScorpioN as well. The same thing has been going on for years with the Fortuner too! The HyCross is the latest entrant to this category, the day it was launched.

People are ready to pay that premium happily to get the car earlier, and the dealers are laughing all the way to the bank.

I know many people who have got the HyCross in this way and I’m sure there will be many more who will be ready to pay that premium to get the car earlier.

And I have mentioned this a few posts back, how 3 major dealers in Mumbai mention completely different outcomes for the waiting period of the HyCross and for the ZX/ZX(O) which had its booking temporarily halted in April 2023.

Does this affect Toyota’s reputation in the Indian market? Absolutely YES

Will Toyota India look into it? A big NO

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 26th February 2024 at 11:26.
Old 26th February 2024, 22:36   #2780
BHPian

Gave our Hycross Hybrid for 20k Kms service today at the newly opened Toyota dealership, Mody Toyota Uppal, this time as it is near our house over our usual Toyota ASC, Harsha Toyota, where we purchased the car.

Total service costed us 9.5k including WA and WB.

And, car has completed 20k Kms on the odo this week.
Old 27th February 2024, 13:44   #2781
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0025.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0026.jpg

The piano black keyfob seems to be prone to scratches. Bought a keycover from amazon for about 300rs. Seems to fit well and hopefully it protects it.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 19:30   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
For Petrol buyers who wanted more features akin to the VX trim, this GX(O) is the VX Hybrid equivalent only difference being it’s available with the petrol engine.

Toyota may not be wanting to offer both a petrol and hybrid powertrain under one variant (VX), hence the GX(O).
It would make a lot of sense to buyers if Toyota introduced the GX Hybrid variant, it’s already available to commercial and taxi buyers, and I assume Toyota will also launch it for private buyers in the near future.
Old 28th February 2024, 10:07   #2783
BHPian

Is there any update on the GX(O) pricing?

SA says they haven't received any update from Toyota yet on pricing, hopefully should get details before end of this week.

Is Toyota waiting to see number of pre-bookings before deciding the GX(O) price?
Looks like most GX bookings are being converted to GX(O) !!
Old 2nd March 2024, 17:18   #2784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ak View Post
Hello. I had a query regarding the mileage of the Hycross. I have ZX variant and about 10500 kms used in 6 months.
Acceleration, deceleration and braking to be gradual especially in Normal and Eco modes to get better fuel efficiency. Sports mode charges the battery quickly. Use Sports mode moderately

Last edited by ampere : 2nd March 2024 at 17:35.
Old 3rd March 2024, 13:08   #2785
BHPian

Refer to the below youtube video on Invicto modification [Just happened to watch randomly, I have no affiliation to these]. The projector headlamp fitment done, seems to give a good light throw. How safe is this? Will it impact battery or electrical system and cause any kind of voiding warranty if done for Hycross

Video Link :
Timestamp : ~8:05
Old 5th March 2024, 12:09   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post

Bought a keycover from amazon for about 300rs. Seems to fit well and hopefully it protects it.
Please share link to the key cover you bought on Amazon.
Old 5th March 2024, 15:01   #2787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Attachment 2576890

Attachment 2576891

The piano black keyfob seems to be prone to scratches. Bought a keycover from amazon for about 300rs. Seems to fit well and hopefully it protects it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
Please share link to the key cover you bought on Amazon.

https://amzn.to/3wFnLXf

Here you go. I ended up buying 2 of them for both my keys.
Old 6th March 2024, 09:31   #2788
BHPian

Hello everyone,

The front windshield of my Hycross has spontaneously cracked while the vehicle was parked. Anybody else experience this?

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_8443.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_8440.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_8441.jpg
Old 7th March 2024, 20:21   #2789
BHPian

Crude editing to see how Toyota Hycross GX looks in my Nissan Terrano Diamond Cut Alloys:

Toyota Hycross GX with original (bland) alloys:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-toyotainnovahycrossgx1.jpg

Toyota Hycross with Nissan Terrano alloys (Edited the ZX model just for looks):
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-toyotainnovahycrossgx2.jpg

Toyota Hycross GX comes with 205/65/R16.

16" Terrano Alloys for same tyre specs or upgrade to 17"?
Can we fit 215/65/R16?
Old 7th March 2024, 20:41   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Crude editing to see how Toyota Hycross GX looks in my Nissan Terrano Diamond Cut Alloys:

Toyota Hycross GX with original (bland) alloys:

Can we fit 215/65/R16?
You can also go for Crysta facelift diamond cut alloys. They look good too and should be available from the showroom. BTW Innvicto alloys look better to me compared to all options available on the Hycross. See if you can get those as well.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks