Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2024, 13:26   #2761

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Are you always driving in Sports mode? In City with both Eco and Normal I get 17-20kmpl as long as I cover 20kms (daily one way commute) in less than an hour. On highways it has been mostly in the 15-16kmpl range.
Nope its always in eco mode infact. I tried using Normal mode but that didnt help.
Old 21st February 2024, 08:47   #2762
BHPian

I enquired with the Toyota dealership in Pune regarding the lead-time for ZX or ZX(O). They states that the booking for these two version is stopped for now due to long queue, the waiting period is about >2 years based on the monthly allocation Vs Number of booking for that dealership.

Is this situation prevalent everywhere? Did any member get his ZX or ZX(O) recently and after how much waiting?

Interestingly he said that the movement in VX, VX(O) is very high now. People don't want ADAS ZX(O).
Old 21st February 2024, 10:58   #2763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
I enquired with the Toyota dealership in Pune regarding the lead-time for ZX or ZX(O). They states that the booking for these two version is stopped for now due to long queue, the waiting period is about >2 years based on the monthly allocation Vs Number of booking for that dealership.

Is this situation prevalent everywhere? Did any member get his ZX or ZX(O) recently and after how much waiting?

Interestingly he said that the movement in VX, VX(O) is very high now. People don't want ADAS ZX(O).
This is typical of Toyota not to sell tech laden vehicle for mass market to ensure that tech gremlins that bring bad reputation on reliability are lesser reported.

The choice is yours if you can wait. I found XUV700 equally good in terms of ride except the boot space & 3rd row leg room.

The Hycross interiors are not as good, but overall acceptable. Toyota is peace of mind though & VX can be good choice (minus the ADAS) is you upgrade few features/ aesthetics at the dealer.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 15:16   #2764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post

It’s a mixed bag TBH, some dealerships are taking bookings for the ZX and ZX(O), meanwhile others are not.

I have booked a VX(O) in early Sept ‘23 in Mumbai and my dealership isn’t even updating me with the status of the car, they’re just stuck at, all cars are getting delivered according to the estimated delivery timelines ie. 12-18 months for the VX(O).

At the same time other dealerships in Mumbai quote different waiting times altogether. Eg: One dealer quoted 2 years for the VX(O), another mentioned they’ve a ZX(O) available for ready delivery with some accessories bundled together, meanwhile the third mentioned 6 months for the VX(O) and 3 months for the ZX and ZX(O).

Just yesterday I got a call from my Hyundai SA with whom I had test-driven the Tucson, telling me he has some contacts in 2 dealerships in Mumbai, in case I want early delivery. Since I don’t want the car till May/June I didn’t pursue it.

So try your luck with other dealerships in Pune or book the car from one of the Mumbai dealers, ZX(O) included.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 21st February 2024 at 15:18.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 17:45   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I have booked a VX(O) in early Sept ‘23 in Mumbai and my dealership isn’t even updating me...
I have booked VX(O) variant around the same period only and am hearing the same stories. May i know which dealership you have booked from? Mine is Lakozy in Malad.

They are non-committal about providing a delivery date and say the one mentioned on the receipt (>2 years) will be when it will be available
The flatly refused to take the booking for ZX or ZX(O).

Also can you share the other Mumbai dealerships where I can enquire about this. Even though I am not in a hurry to get the car, I would still like to keep my options open.
rishee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 19:09   #2766
BHPian

I had booked a VX model in November last year and canceled it today. No visibility of delivery in the near term. The horrendous waiting period is akin to what we read of new marutis and fiats in 1980s. Very unproductive for us, dealer and Toyota India as well. Was hoping to get it delivered by mid march , any variant which is VX or upwards as part of company lease policy. Will move to another brand for now.
Faramir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 19:26   #2767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishee View Post
I have booked VX(O) variant around the same period only and am hearing the same stories. May i know which dealership you have booked from? Mine is Lakozy in Malad.

They are non-committal about providing a delivery date and say the one mentioned on the receipt (>2 years) will be when it will be available
The flatly refused to take the booking for ZX or ZX(O).
Even my dealership is Lakozy Malad . According to these buggers when I told them in their so called Whatapp group that other dealerships (w/o naming them) are quoting lower delivery periods, they were quick to reply, “We operate 5 dealerships in the MMR and Thane region and the others don’t !”

Lakozy Toyota is the oldest dealer in Mumbai, but they’re no longer how they used to be !!

Other dealerships which I enquired with were; Madhubhan Kurla, Madhubhan SV Road Bandra and Wasan Thane.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 20:52   #2768
BHPian

As we know, many car brands allow upgrade of alloys/upsize of tyres at showrooms before taking new cars delivery. Ravindu Toyota SA (Bengaluru) says this is not allowed in Toyota, is it same at all Toyota dealerships?

I wanted to upgrade 16" of Hycross GX to 17", without having to go for aftermarket stuff and finding someone to sell those 16".
Old 22nd February 2024, 16:36   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ak View Post
Am I or is my driver doing something wrong? Is there a way to rectify it or drive it in a different style? Any input will surely be helpful.
I took delivery of my Hycross on 18th Jan 2024 and have regularly been getting (within city driving) 20 to 22 kmpl.

I'm light on the accelerator and use a lot of deaccelaration instead of braking hard.

I also took it in for the 1 month checkup on 18th February. It was just washing and cleaning job. Filters were cleaned and fluid levels were checked and found ti be fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240221_123504.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240221_111946.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240203_235407.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240218_124429.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240218_111835.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:15   #2770
Senior - BHPian

The Toyota Innova Hycross has crossed the 50,000 sales milestone since its launch in November 2022.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240222_171514.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd February 2024 at 17:17.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 20:22   #2771
BHPian

Has anyone fitted Hycross official seat covers from Toyota the black ones, how are the quality and fit, i am not satisfied with my current seat covers which I fitted aftermarket, so deciding to just get the official one fitted.
Or any other good seat cover recommendations?
Old 23rd February 2024, 15:10   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Curious, how is the insurance premium so low for the new car ? I am getting quotes by dealership for new car insurance 1-1.2 lakhs and even if they match the online quotes, it will still be like a lakh. Definitely would love to hear how I can bring the premium down like this ?
This is a renewal. The third party insurance for the second year is already covered as part of the first year policy itself. With NCB and lower IDV, the premium goes down even further. The Tata AIG quote was also something like this.
Upgrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 17:10   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
As we know, many car brands allow upgrade of alloys/upsize of tyres at showrooms before taking new cars delivery. Ravindu Toyota SA (Bengaluru) says this is not allowed in Toyota, is it same at all Toyota dealerships?
I got the same answer as well from Ravindu and Nandi Toyota. However, my earlier experience with Maruti dealerships was different, where they were eager to allow upsize etc., just that they couldn't give me OEM rims.
Old 24th February 2024, 11:31   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
...According to these buggers when I told them in their so called Whatapp group...

Other dealerships which I enquired with were; Madhubhan Kurla, Madhubhan SV Road Bandra and Wasan Thane.
Ditto for me !!!
I thought they were one of the more classy people to deal with hence went to them. The good thing is they were not forcing for accessories or insurance and hence I felt the final dealing will be smooth.
However seeing the uncertainty of waiting period, not sure if the "final dealing" will come in this lifetime
If any other brand comes up with a good hybrid, I will be tempted to jump the bus. Let me try my luck with Madhuban and Wasan
Old 25th February 2024, 17:38   #2775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Hey guys, an unexpected update on this. I received a call from the dealership informing me that Toyota had been looking at my brake pad and asked them to replace the brake disc as well. They have the parts ready and I just have to drop by whenever I'm free. Not really enthused at having to drive all the way back again but a free brake disc is a free brake disc.

Update on this:

My grandmother had a stroke and was transferred to an ICU in a different city so we ended up delaying taking the car back to the dealership.
We got a bunch of phone calls from the dealership requesting us to bring the car in because they had to ship the problematic disc brakes and brake pads to Toyota by the end of the month. Looks like someone at Toyota really wants to get a look at them. I can respect that so we finally relented.

They offered to send a driver to collect the car but we didn't want to hand over a brand new car to some driver. Asked if we could take it to their Kochi dealership instead since it was closer to the hospital. My dad took the car in and they had both rear brake discs replaced and the rear right brake pad as well.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_9999.jpg

I'm very happy that they took the incentive to do all this free of cost. Really shows their commitment

Now for the sad part. Their Kochi dealership managed to put a massive scratch on my ceramic coated alloy wheel.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_9959.jpg

Just why

My father was in a rush to get back to the hospital so he didn't walk around the car to check as we usually do.

Last edited by Cresterk : 25th February 2024 at 17:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks