Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2023, 22:09   #1486
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carevidence View Post
Had booked ZX(o) in December but until now there is no further development except Toyota increased price by 80k within 2 months of launch(which seems to me was premeditated from the start)not even test drive here in Chandigarh.Had finally gone to the showroom to enquire about status but after some prodding was told I'm 18th on the list and no cars arrived this month.After some further prodding was told maybe 6 months more.The waiting period board as displayed in the showroom was 24-26 months for ZX(O).
Meanwhile in my extended family circle I heard that someone got a Hycross( didn't ask variant) without booking for a premium of 1.75 l in the NCR region.Justification of premium apparently was to hedge against further price increases.
Fair point.
Which dealer did you book with? Pioneer?

I booked ZXO opening day with pioneer Nov 25. I’ve been following up with them every few weeks. Just met with the manager a couple of days ago and I was told I’m 20th on the list, and should get the car by May.

These guys give a generic answer and everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt. I’ve heard really terrible reviews about this dealership and their shady practices, and I regret not having booked with Mohali Globe Toyota instead. In fact, the manager at Pioneer Toyota mentioned that they are allocating the cars based on who’s the most desperate customer because you know, the dealership cares so much about customer satisfaction.

I feel Kia has lost a lot of customers with the delay of launching the new generation Carnival. I would’ve booked that over the Hycross in a heartbeat.
Cavityavenger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 08:57   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
Which dealer did you book with? Pioneer?

I booked ZXO opening day with pioneer Nov 25. I’ve been following up with them every few weeks. Just met with the manager a couple of days ago and I was told I’m 20th on the list, and should get the car by May.

These guys give a generic answer and everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt. I’ve heard really terrible reviews about this dealership and their shady practices, and I regret not having booked with Mohali Globe Toyota instead. In fact, the manager at Pioneer Toyota mentioned that they are allocating the cars based on who’s the most desperate customer because you know, the dealership cares so much about customer satisfaction.

I feel Kia has lost a lot of customers with the delay of launching the new generation Carnival. I would’ve booked that over the Hycross in a heartbeat.
Dear CavityAvenger,

It was Pioneer Panchkula,not sure if each of the two Pioneer showrooms have their own list and the difference maybe due to colour as well.
It is a sellers market and the typical "TOPI" response has probably become part of their SOP.
Being a self drive senior citizen my wish list was ADAS, ingress egress ,automatic, and a rattle free car and with these filters there were only 2 I could see, Hycross and Tucson,though we don't need a 3 row car and my better half didn't like the Hycross either.
So after this visit to Pioneer I happened to step into Berkeley Hyundai next door where a Tucson 2w D was available at a price slightly lower than the launch price, which I accepted.Meanwhile got a call from Joshi Hyundai two days ago to ask if I was interested in Tucson.Looks like there were quite a few Tucson cancellations probably in favour of Hycross.
May is just around the corner and I hope you get what you want soonest!

Last edited by Carevidence : 21st April 2023 at 09:01.
Old 21st April 2023, 11:02   #1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Attachment 2442197

Car arrived at this dealership today morning and I immediately went and did PDI. Looks decent and all features work. Manufactured this week itself and has only 4km on the odo. I was also happy to see the car being kept in a shady, covered area rather collecting dust and tree sap like we have often observed here (cough cough bird bmw)

While I was checking out this car I received a surprise call from the 2nd dealership I had booked. They were receiving the same model tomorrow and asked me when I wanted to take delivery. Very surprising since their salesman had said earlier that there was no allocation of ZX(O) for this month at all.

I'm in a dilemma now. All these months trying my best to get one car and now all of a sudden I'm being offered 2.
Hi
I'm getting delivery of the ZX(O) variant next week. The dealer is closed on account of Eid today and tomorrow, hence the delay. In all likelihood, both our vehicles are from the same batch sent from Bidadi. I wanted to check with you about the PDI - did you use the generic list here or did you have a specific list for the Hycross? Also, about accessories, which ones are you planning to get? I want a dashcam and floor mats for sure. May opt for the wireless charger as well.
Cheers
Old 21st April 2023, 12:59   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Attachment 2442197

Car arrived at this dealership today morning and I immediately went and did PDI. Looks decent and all features work. Manufactured this week itself and has only 4km on the odo. I was also happy to see the car being kept in a shady, covered area rather collecting dust and tree sap like we have often observed here (cough cough bird bmw)

While I was checking out this car I received a surprise call from the 2nd dealership I had booked. They were receiving the same model tomorrow and asked me when I wanted to take delivery. Very surprising since their salesman had said earlier that there was no allocation of ZX(O) for this month at all.

I'm in a dilemma now. All these months trying my best to get one car and now all of a sudden I'm being offered 2.
Update: Transferred full amount except for accessories. Tried my best to negotiate on insurance but no dice. Dad wasn't keen on outside insurance at all so I just gave up after a token 5k discount. Had to do it quick because of RTO office closure due to Eid holidays which would lead to a further 1 week delay in getting the car after fancy number.

Since this car has been manufactured after April 1st, I believe (hope) that is it BS6.2 and E20 certified.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0469.jpg

For comparison: Royal Sundaram quoted me just 71K for same coverage with all addons.
Toyota's insurance is ICICI lombard and the policy has been issued.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0509.jpg

I am taking these accessories.

Last edited by Cresterk : 21st April 2023 at 13:22.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 13:18   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalanallahudug View Post
Hi
I'm getting delivery of the ZX(O) variant next week. The dealer is closed on account of Eid today and tomorrow, hence the delay. In all likelihood, both our vehicles are from the same batch sent from Bidadi. I wanted to check with you about the PDI - did you use the generic list here or did you have a specific list for the Hycross? Also, about accessories, which ones are you planning to get? I want a dashcam and floor mats for sure. May opt for the wireless charger as well.
Cheers
Just did generic PDI. I wasn't too thorough since it's a Toyota and the experience with Nippon has been very good so far. I just made sure that the sunroof shade was closing properly and the buttons on the steering wasn't too squishy. The showroom display car's buttons were sticking and had no feedback.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0510.jpg
Only problem I saw was that there was a slight gap between bumper and plastic trim in the rear. It would be easily fixed so didn't worry about it.

I have mentioned the accessories in the post directly above. The 7d floormats mentioned have a massive logo from autotech so I'm considering taking it from outside.

Last edited by Cresterk : 21st April 2023 at 13:31. Reason: Edited for better reading. Adding another point
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 15:53   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
I....MAAAAAAA123456789~0123
Remove the TILDE and enter the entire 21 characters including the 0123 mentioned after tilde.
That is how I got it done!
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 16:17   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Remove the TILDE and enter the entire 21 characters including the 0123 mentioned after tilde.
That is how I got it done!
Removing TILDE worked. I was able to download in the Digilocker. Thanks a ton turbospooler
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 17:33   #1493
BHPian

Fuel Efficiency

So my first tankful to tankful measurement.

Total km driven = 690
Amount of fuel taken = 45
FE by tankful method = 15.3
FE on MID = 15.4

Fuel filled - Normal Indian Oil petrol.

70% city drive
30% highway

On the Highway drive which was at the start, I hit a peak of 20kmpl and overall on that drive it settled down to around 18 kmpl

Post that it was mainly city driving and that dragged it down to an overall 15.4 kmpl approx.

Could have filled in around 7 liters more so it would have gone for 100 km more approx giving a full tank distance of approx 800 km.

If it was more highway, no doubt it could hit 900 km + on a tankful.

When the DTE was less than 100km, it started to fall very fast. soon it didn’t indicate DTE and switched to “Low Fuel”. I believe I filled in fuel when the DTE would have been 40 km.

Now after a full tank it is showing DTE at 730 km.

The DTE indicator is not very predictable in my view. The variation is not exactly as per the FE. But approximately a good indicator.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 00:25   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes for the RC Card to arrive in Bangalore? It has been 70 days and no signs of RC coming and Nandi Toyota is not helping.
Got the Hyryder from Nandi Whitefield on Jan 6/11th and got the RC Card at home by Speedpost on March 10th, 1 day before I had to drive to Hyderabad.
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 07:24   #1495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
Kia Carnival has hugely benefited from these delays with the HyCross. So much so, that they were able to clear off all of their remaining inventory without having to resort to any discounts and benefits. When was the last time you heard of something like that? A certified long term depreciation disaster, Carnival, whose life is capped to 10 years in Delhi NCR, who everyone knows is about to be replaced by an all new model, and the last few pieces could be sold hand to hand without any discounts. They were all lapped up by people fed up with Toyota.

That being said, yes, a lot of people would consider the new Carnival as an alternative to the HyCross. Provided, it starts within 10-15% of where the HyCross ends. The number being thrown around right now is 50-60L, which puts it squarely into Fortuner territory.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 22nd April 2023 at 07:30.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 07:31   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Upgrading tyres (Michelins) on my Nexon taught me a valuable lesson. And I wont repeat it. Mileage fell from 22-24KMPL previously (Something which I was really proud of), to 17-18KMPL. Such a big difference. But it looks killer on the MOMO REVENGE alloy (Small consolation, that )
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The HyCross begs for some spacers for the wheels to atleast come out till the body line.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 12:42   #1497
BHPian

Just came today to the Mody Kharkhana showroom to get the legroom light fitted. I saw 2 ZX(O) - Pearl White and 1 ZX - Bronze in the basement. Well somebody is going to get their deliveries soon…
Old 22nd April 2023, 13:38   #1498
BHPian

Something that I noticed today that the driver dashboard was showing almost 433 kms as Distance to empty and the fuel gauge was also showing more than half.

I am using the car after almost a week and the last time I drove I very well remember the fuel gauge was less than 1/4th and Distance to empty was approx 150kms.

The number and gauge auto corrected once the legroom light fitting was completed.

Strange bug maybe…
Old 22nd April 2023, 16:02   #1499

Have a question on the Hycross variants. I have booked a VX (O) variant more than a month ago and I am told that delivery could happen after June. However the dealer tells me that if I am fine with the VX model he could give it to me earlier.

the differences between the two models according to the dealer are fog lamps, 6 airbags, sunroof and central entertainment screen which is 8 inches compared to the 10.25 inches on vx (o).

While I am fine with most of the features missing in the vx vairant I am not able to make up my mind on the 6 airbags in the vx (o) versus 2 airbags on the vx variant. The dealer tells me that 2 airbags are fine and that structural integrity is more important which is not compromised.

Appreciate other bhpians views on the significance of 2 vs 6 airbags.
Old 22nd April 2023, 16:34   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaramanuma View Post
Have a question on the Hycross variants. I have booked a VX (O) variant more than a month ago and I am told that delivery could happen after June. However the dealer tells me that if I am fine with the VX model he could give it to me earlier.

the differences between the two models according to the dealer are fog lamps, 6 airbags, sunroof and central entertainment screen which is 8 inches compared to the 10.25 inches on vx (o).

While I am fine with most of the features missing in the vx vairant I am not able to make up my mind on the 6 airbags in the vx (o) versus 2 airbags on the vx variant. The dealer tells me that 2 airbags are fine and that structural integrity is more important which is not compromised.

Appreciate other bhpians views on the significance of 2 vs 6 airbags.
I would personally want min of 6 airbags based on my experience I had in an accident in Ford Ecosport. I believe it were the airbags which got me out scratch free and can never stress its importance. I never wanted to go for VX for the fact that it only had 2 airbags and the moment VX(O) was introduced I changed my booking from ZX(O) to VX(O).
sanketdesai82 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks