Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2023, 14:29   #736
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 514
Thanked: 434 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Did anyone who booked within the first week, i.e. 25th Nov to 1st December, get a waiting period or delivery? If yes, how much?
I booked on 26th and by the way they're talking, it seems a 6month wait.
I had booked in Oct when they revealed without pricing.
Iím taking delivery tomorrow (Black ageha 7Str VX Hybrid)
harishpr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 16:05   #737
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Delhi, NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 348 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
Ageha Black seems to have the maximum number of bookings. I too had booked the same shade.

Saw Ageha Black, Super white and Pearl white in person. I am thinking of switching to Pearl white. SA has confirmed that it would not affect the booking priority.

While I understand that color choice is completely a personal choice, what is everyone's take on Hycross color shades based on what you've seen in person?
In the long run after 3+years, its only one color that shines out and that is Super White. I have seen that on Hycross, Crysta and Fortuners and this is one Royal Color that is easy to maintain and comes out good in the long run ! Pearl White has seen fading issues and if we repaint it, it's color matching is an issue. So I am of the view that Pure White is the best color.
Paritoshkalra is offline  
Old 8th February 2023, 16:10   #738
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 293 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Saw this video explaining about the various features available in Toyota Safety Sense.

I was of the opinion that the forward collision warning system just gives a warning and slows down the vehicle. But in this video with the forward collision warning on, the system automatically applied brakes and the vehicle came to a stand still.

Watch from 12:30 in the video if you want to see the forward collision braking.
LazyDriver is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 17:07   #739
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 19
Thanked: 67 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

I took test drive of ZX(o) today mainly to have a feel on the performance. One thing I noticed was the RPM in the tachometer is divided as Normal, Eco and Power and not in numericals.

In my current car XUV500, I am very conscious not to rev too much and maintain under 3K most times for engine longevity. Even though I try to rev in lower gears for shorter duration, the meter peaks at maximum of 4K RPM and generally would not hit the red zone of 5/6K RPM easily

In Hycross I noticed when I reved to hit higher speeds at lower gears, the meter touched maximum (Red zone) several times. Is this a normal behaviour??
Venkad is offline  
Old 8th February 2023, 17:29   #740
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 222
Thanked: 280 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

NCR Folks, Just got a call from the SA that the vehicle has just arrived at the showroom. This is at Galaxy Toyota Chattarpur

While I have already cancelled the booking, thought of sharing this for the BHPians who have been waiting to get a first look of the vehicle in person
amit_2025 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 17:48   #741
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 5
Thanked: 8 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Went to do my PDI yesterday, only to find that the chassis number assigned to me belongs to a VX variant instead of a ZX(O) .

The dealership has admitted to the error - I have multiple pieces of documentation where the variant I've booked is clearly mentioned as being a ZX(O). I had gotten them to share the chassis number well before heading to the dealership, so I don't think it's a case of a bait-and-switch, but a genuine error. But that still leaves me rather disappointed, and unsure if they will be able to fulfil my order out of the current allotment, or if I will have to wait until future allotments arrive at the dealership. Let's see how it turns out, but definitely not happy with the experience with Nandi Toyota right now.
necrogen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 18:36   #742
BHPian
 
Cresterk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Kerala
Posts: 915
Thanked: 2,824 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDriver View Post
Saw this video explaining about the various features available in Toyota Safety Sense.

I was of the opinion that the forward collision warning system just gives a warning and slows down the vehicle. But in this video with the forward collision warning on, the system automatically applied brakes and the vehicle came to a stand still.

Watch from 12:30 in the video if you want to see the forward collision braking.
https://Youtu.be/-Y1RXqdTs2A
Good video. Why is it that this random small YouTuber is the only one who has made a comprehensive video about all these features? All the big name car reviewers had the car to themselves for days and all they could do was talk about mileage and seat comfort while doing sponsored road trips.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 19:11   #743
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 20
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Firstly Congratulations to all who have received the delivery of their vehicle. Can i request someone to go through their owners manual and see what it has to say in regards to E20 Compliance? considering a 35 lakh sticker price (New Delhi) and possible rollout of E20 compliance by 2025, this is an aspect that must be looked into. I am sure the transition is not going to be so smooth, event today fuel pumps dont have any distinctive marks pertaining to bs6 diesel and others.

Last edited by ak_DL9C : 8th February 2023 at 19:40.
ak_DL9C is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 19:31   #744
Senior - BHPian
 
DicKy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Thiruvanthapuram
Posts: 3,387
Thanked: 9,443 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkad View Post
I took test drive of ZX(o) today mainly to have a feel on the performance. One thing I noticed was the RPM in the tachometer is divided as Normal, Eco and Power and not in numericals....n Hycross I noticed when I reved to hit higher speeds at lower gears, the meter touched maximum (Red zone) several times. Is this a normal behaviour??
Did you test drive the hybrid model?

If so, I believe it would be Power-Eco-Charge-Off. Not a tachometer. Just showing if you are using the whole power of the system or driving economically or charging the batteries.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 19:52   #745
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 20
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I had booked in Oct when they revealed without pricing.
Iím taking delivery tomorrow (Black ageha 7Str VX Hybrid)

Booked on 26th November, After Launch i received final confirmation. only had order ID till then. My waiting time was of 6 months. They say possible delivery in March. But when i was booking i was told i am 5th in line. In fact at the time of booking i seemed to know much more about the variants, features and colour options than they did. Initially i had put myself down for ZX, but post release noting the nominal price increase i upgraded to ZX(O) with Blackish Blue Ageha Glass Flake.

The dealership experience is of Galaxy Toyota, Dwarka, Delhi.

Today going through this forum discussion i learned that Galaxy Toyota, Chattarpur has received their showroom display model.

I had been constantly following up with the Dwarka outlet, and they were saying they will only get display piece by February. Now when i confronted them with this information they promptly asked me to come to the showroom and see the car.

Honestly, this practice is extremely deprecable and makes me doubt whether they will maintain the sanctity of timely delivery. There seems to be some foul play here, but i must say i cannot comment conclusively and this is based on suspicion.

However, the experience i am having with Toyota in respect to the Hycross is simply the worst, and i am genuinely considering cancelling my booking. However, due to lack of alternatives (7 seater with decent mileage and futureproof) and delay in delivery on making a new booking has kept me on the rails. And to top it all they never seem to have any idea about anything, thats just simply annoying, i always seem to know more than they ever do. (Probably should stop practicing law and join Toyota? haha)

I knew Toyota SA's have been a bit highheaded. But the Hycross launch is just entirely botched up.
ak_DL9C is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 22:14   #746
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Delhi
Posts: 50
Thanked: 63 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
Firstly Congratulations to all who have received the delivery of their vehicle. Can i request someone to go through their owners manual and see what it has to say in regards to E20 Compliance? considering a 35 lakh sticker price (New Delhi) and possible rollout of E20 compliance by 2025, this is an aspect that must be looked into. I am sure the transition is not going to be so smooth, event today fuel pumps dont have any distinctive marks pertaining to bs6 diesel and others.
Toyota India has claimed all their cars manufactured from 2013 onwards are E20 compatible.
Wizaro is offline  
Old 9th February 2023, 01:05   #747
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 119
Thanked: 150 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I had booked in Oct when they revealed without pricing.
Iím taking delivery tomorrow (Black ageha 7Str VX Hybrid)
You must be living in the Southern part of the country, there are very less(5-6) units coming here in a week. :'(
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 01:43   #748
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 103
Thanked: 114 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
Booked on 26th November, After Launch i received final confirmation. only had order ID till then. My waiting time was of 6 months. They say possible delivery in March. But when i was booking i was told i am 5th in line. In fact at the time of booking i seemed to know much more about the variants, features and colour options than they did. Initially i had put myself down for ZX, but post release noting the nominal price increase i upgraded to ZX(O) with Blackish Blue Ageha Glass Flake.

The dealership experience is of Galaxy Toyota, Dwarka, Delhi.

Today going through this forum discussion i learned that Galaxy Toyota, Chattarpur has received their showroom display model.

I had been constantly following up with the Dwarka outlet, and they were saying they will only get display piece by February. Now when i confronted them with this information they promptly asked me to come to the showroom and see the car.

Honestly, this practice is extremely deprecable and makes me doubt whether they will maintain the sanctity of timely delivery. There seems to be some foul play here, but i must say i cannot comment conclusively and this is based on suspicion.

However, the experience i am having with Toyota in respect to the Hycross is simply the worst, and i am genuinely considering cancelling my booking. However, due to lack of alternatives (7 seater with decent mileage and futureproof) and delay in delivery on making a new booking has kept me on the rails. And to top it all they never seem to have any idea about anything, thats just simply annoying, i always seem to know more than they ever do. (Probably should stop practicing law and join Toyota? haha)

I knew Toyota SA's have been a bit highheaded. But the Hycross launch is just entirely botched up.
Hycross and Hyryder both are being sold at 55K to 1L black market premiums in Delhi. The sales guys won't make an offer upfront thus the touts in market are doing all the dealing.

If one goes through the standard waiting period, for both models it is 9 months+ as of today.

All a game of systematic loot going on which could have been partially been resolved if Toyota had a portal like M&M to induce some transparency in the process.

For eg -there is enough stock of the strong variant of the hyryder with the dealers but they won't sell it straight up since there is enough of an audience willing to buy with a premium.

With the Innova branding, they will milk the Hycross for what it is worth.
smilenow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 02:15   #749
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 38
Thanked: 73 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDriver View Post
Saw this video explaining about the various features available in Toyota Safety Sense.

I was of the opinion that the forward collision warning system just gives a warning and slows down the vehicle. But in this video with the forward collision warning on, the system automatically applied brakes and the vehicle came to a stand still.

Watch from 12:30 in the video if you want to see the forward collision braking.
I don't think that's emergency breaking but adaptive cruise control in play. Adaptive cruise control will apply breaks and adjust speed to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead. If the vehicle ahead stops then your car stops. In the video above the car speed was not high and it had ample time to see the obstacle and apply breaks.

Emergency breaking has a different usecase and is meant to be much sharper and it gets activated when the obstacle is relatively very close to the car. It can injure the occupants if they are not wearing seat belts.

This video has a Volvo bus applying emergency breaks.

BlueJay is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 02:57   #750
BHPian
 
freakmuzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 614
Thanked: 1,304 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post

This video has a Volvo bus applying emergency breaks.

https://Youtu.be/vI9EIjUx20I
Just went through the video and comments and it seems it wasn't Auto Emergency braking at play in this scenario and it was the driver applying the brakes as apparently their older system does not detect kids or pedestrians of this height. Do correct me if i'm mistaken.
freakmuzik is online now   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks