Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 09:55   #871

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
How many bhpians are holding bookings with Nippon toyota in Kerala? Has anyone received their car or atleast an estimated delivery date?
Booked ZX(0) silver online in Dec 4th. During the early days they would claim I'll get the car by Feb end. Now all they claim is there will be some delay.

Will keep pressuring the SA and I have also told them I'm flexible between some colours.
rfady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 11:37   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
How many bhpians are holding bookings with Nippon toyota in Kerala? Has anyone received their car or atleast an estimated delivery date?
Booked on 26th with Nippon Kalamassery. I have been constantly checking but no clarity on when i will get. I have booked VX Ageha Black 8 seater. They are making all kinds of excuses. Definitely not transparent at all. Was expecting better from Toyota and Nippon
Mohan Mathew A is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 11:43   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Stock audio system Sound quality test GX vs VX vs ZX

CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 11:49   #874
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross waiting period extends to 18 months

The Toyota Innova Hycross was launched in India on December 28, 2022. Now, just months later, the waiting period for the MPV has extended up to 18 months.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20230215133510.jpg

The Innova Hycross is available in five variants: G, GX, VX, ZX and ZX (O) with prices starting at Rs 18.30 lakh (ex-showroom). Reports suggest that the non-hybrid variants have the lowest waiting period of around 4-6 months, while customers who have booked the hybrid variants will have to wait 15-18 months for delivery.

The Innova Hycross is available with a pure petrol and petrol-hybrid powertrain. The 2.0-litre petrol puts out 172 BHP and 197 Nm. The strong-hybrid version also uses a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine paired with Toyota’s 5th-gen strong-hybrid tech for a combined output of 183 BHP. Both engines are offered with a CVT that drives the front axle.
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 13:54   #875
BHPian

Those who have taken the delivery of Hycross, Please share your feedbacks on your initial impressions about the car, its drive. Is the car niggle free?
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 18:16   #876
BHPian

This entire "waiting period" seems to be pure drama. The government should do well to relax imports of cars since the Indian industry is clearly unable, on unwilling to match supply. Then we will see the waiting time "miraculously disappear" :-)
Contrapunto is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 18:45   #877
BHPian

My SA told me that Hycross is being made in Manesar Toyota plant now and it takes just 2 days in transit now. The waiting period is just bluff to make a hype. Most of the cars will be delivered in March itself for those who booked in Nov Dec 22.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 19:27   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
My SA told me that Hycross is being made in Manesar Toyota plant now and it takes just 2 days in transit now. The waiting period is just bluff to make a hype. Most of the cars will be delivered in March itself for those who booked in Nov Dec 22.
This info doesn't seem correct as Toyota doesn't have any plant for car manufacturing in Manesar (unless they start assembling Toyota cars in the Maruti Suzuki factory!) The only plant which Toyota has in Manesar is for car components and Toyota Tsuho which is for car dismantling and recycling
Anyway Toyota should come and clear all this confusion soon else they are going to lose a lot of bookings. But even then a waiting period of 6-12 months would still continue.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 19:33   #879
BHPian

Quote:
My SA told me that Hycross is being made in Manesar Toyota plant now and it takes just 2 days in transit now. The waiting period is just bluff to make a hype. Most of the cars will be delivered in March itself for those booked in Nov Dec 22.
There is no Manufacturing Manesar Plant for Toyota.
Toyota manufacturers Hycross at the Bidadi plant in Bengaluru only. They have recently inaugerated a car warehouse of 900 cars at manesar ( accurately farukh nagar) in december only. They now dispatch the cars from Bidadi Plant by trains to Farukh Nagar yard, and from there, they dispatch them further to all northern india dealers.
I have mined booked on 25th nov itself but im sure i wont get mine before may 23. That is the harsh reality and im sure by that time there will be an initial price hike on the car.

Last edited by Wizaro : 16th February 2023 at 19:36.
Wizaro is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 19:49   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Anyone in Chennai getting their Hycross delivery in Feb?

Lanson Toyota, Pallikarnai Branch, is launching the car tomorrow (Feb 3rd) and not giving any commitments to those who pre booked the car prior to launch day about the delivery.

I needed the car by March end and if they can't commit to it, will have look somewhere else.
My SA informed that the car (VX variant) has been allocated and I should get it by Feb end.

I made a visit to the dealership last week and met with Sales manager. Mentioned that I have not asked for refund of 50k (since 1 lac was taken for pre booking before launch day). I could have used that 50k and booked at another dealership to increase the chance for early delivery. Showed them videos of bulk deliveries happening in other places and that I need the car before March month-end.

Glad to be getting it one month early. I have not even test driven the car. Will plan on it this weekend.
Old 16th February 2023, 20:20   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
I have mined booked on 25th nov itself but im sure i wont get mine before may 23. That is the harsh reality and im sure by that time there will be an initial price hike on the car.
I had booked on 25 Nov and I am getting delivery of VX this month only.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 20:41   #882
BHPian

Quote:
I think the demand is for ZX & ZXO, 36 offered me a VX by this month even 2 days back.
Old 16th February 2023, 20:54   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks like Tamil Nadu's new EV policy is going to exempt strong hybrids also from road tax. It will be a big win for Toyota/Maruti and Honda if this is correct, as these three have almost the entire strong hybrid market to themselves.

https://www.autocarindia.com/industr...hybrids-427330

I am not sure if there is a further qualification of whether the vehicle needs to be manufactured in Tamil Nadu.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 21:02   #884
BHPian

One side of story is that Toyota is gong to launch a few more variants for Hycross to attract more buyers that includes the taxi segment while the the other side tells that heavy waiting period up to 18 months for the same. What should I believe? Looks like we customer has no other option other than to pre-book every new car and patiently wait for the delivery like some schools expect the parents to take admission before the delivery of the kid.
On4Wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 21:04   #885
BHPian

Quote:
I'm also getting mine Hycross Vx 8 Seater Ageha color by end of this month or early next month. Everything is set, except my cheques are yet to be cleared.

Who is your dealer Paritosh ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks