Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2023, 13:09   #1006

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Yes, first they forced me to give advance of 10 lakhs, I gave it to them. Then they started forcing me to take Extended Warranty and Insurance from them. My car is yet to arrive. They are very demanding. I am not going to take insurance from them, if they further compel me, I may ask for cancellation.

Have you also booked from same dealer?
I have taken delivery of VX variant about a week ago from a Hyderabad dealer, Mody Toyota. I had paid Rs 50,000 as booking amount in Dec beginning. I had straightaway informed that I will not take extended warranty and their 60K accessories pack. I only took the accessories I actually needed. On insurance, they insisted on taking insurance from them only.
Old 25th February 2023, 13:18   #1007

I am interested to add dash cam in Hycross. Can somebody advise on 4k resolution single or dual cam. I have shortlisted one model Z50 4K Dual from DDPAI. Any feedback on this particular model ? Parking Surveillance feature is important for me. And camera should not heat up in summers here.
Old 25th February 2023, 14:01   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palzsojourn View Post
I have taken delivery of VX variant about a week ago from a Hyderabad dealer, Mody Toyota. I had paid Rs 50,000 as booking amount in Dec beginning. I had straightaway informed that I will not take extended warranty and their 60K accessories pack. I only took the accessories I actually needed. On insurance, they insisted on taking insurance from them only.
So you took Toyota Protect Insurance? Are you satisfied with VX? Please share your experience with Hycross.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 25th February 2023 at 14:25.
Old 25th February 2023, 14:21   #1009

Quote:
So you took Toyota Protect Insurance? Are you satisfied with VX?
Yes, I took Toyota Protect Insurance. The vehicle seems nimble. And I am getting a mileage of 16.5 so far. And as everyone has commented already, I also feel the plastic quality is not upto the mark inside. The DRLs and fog lamps should have been provided with VX.
Palzsojourn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 16:25   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palzsojourn View Post
Did you end up taking insurance from them finally? What was the final insurance amount you had to pay for your car?
Old 25th February 2023, 18:15   #1011
BHPian

CAR DEALERS TRAP - A must watch video
Old 25th February 2023, 18:36   #1012

Just visited the dealer today.

To Be Honest, the GX and the VX variant makes more sense if wasn't with 2 airbags. Without the battery pack, the GX variant is more comfortable. The fabric and colours shade in the GX is comparatively better than VX or ZX for me.

The SA had said that a VX(O) variant will be out soon within a month most probably. It will be having 6 airbags, panoramic sunroof along with the VX features. He also said it will be placed at a price of 32-34 lakhs on road.

It made better sense for me and I have decided to change my booking to the VX(O) from ZX(O). If you want the ADAS features, then the ZX(O) is a better option. However, if you want a value for money variant, then the VX(O) will make a better choice.
Old 25th February 2023, 20:02   #1013
BHPian

Just visited the Espirit Toyota, sector 8, noida today. The SA was trying hard for me to change my booking from zxo to either zx or vx.

As per him my booking dated 30th Nov is 87th in sequence and it may take 6 to 8 months for me to get the vehicle, but if I change to zx or vx the delivery time will be reduced to couple of months. His argument was that in any way in 10 months time my car would have seen couple of hike so better to take zx now and close the deal....all BS.

Felt the show room guys were also very keen on making some changes in my booking as he took some pains in showing couple of more colours in basement, pearl white and black (not ageha) and was of the view that pearl white is the best colour in entire line up and the black second best. Black ageha would be difficult to maintain. Anyways, probably best to ignore these little insinuations.

They were ok in me taking insurance from outside and was not pushy in selling their accessory kit.

I also saw the hyryder top end and the interior of it was class apart from the hycross zxo, clearly a segment or two above. Hyryder has a very flimsy cover on sun roof and as per SA since the space to roll the cover is very limited hence they have gone ahead with an extremely thin sheet for cover, seems like a plausible reason.

But after watching both hyryder and hycross side by side it is totally understandable why DrSachin (trusting my memory on the name) would have gone for hyryder, not hycross. Hycross can only be a second vehicle given its dimensions and the interior quality is at the next level. Also understandable is his mom's preference for taking a hycross size large car for 33.5 than a compact one for 22+.

Finally the ease of ingress point which is very important for me. Hyryder has much easier ingress than hycross because hycross seat is couple of cm higher, and more importantly it is farther to reach for a passenger by probably half a feet. This point alone is making me rethink about the booking as my gut feel is that for frail elderlies getting on the hycross will still be a task. To be sure ingress is much better than in Crysta. They are starting the test rides next month and will take a call after thd test ride with entire family.
Old 25th February 2023, 20:31   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Just visited the Espirit Toyota, sector 8, noida today. The SA was trying hard for me to change my booking from zxo to either zx or vx.
If your number is 87 overall, you should be able to get the car by or before april.

As toyota is alloting 17-22 cars per month to each dealership showroom. And Espirit have 3 showrooms i believe so they are getting 51-66 cars every month. Keep pushing for car.
Wizaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 22:56   #1015
BHPian

And the aftermarket Hycross modifications have started... (This is just a photo clipping. Complete video is on Instagram) Fabulous work done by http://www.karuppiahcars.in/ (In Madurai)
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-capture.png  

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 25th February 2023 at 23:17.
Old 26th February 2023, 08:05   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
And the aftermarket Hycross modifications have started... (This is just a photo clipping. Complete video is on Instagram) Fabulous work done by http://www.karuppiahcars.in/ (In Madurai)
Could you share the Instagram link here? I tried going to their website and then clicking on their Instagram link but shows no posts. Thanks!
Old 26th February 2023, 08:23   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Could you share the Instagram link here? I tried going to their website and then clicking on their Instagram link but shows no posts. Thanks!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpFRB...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 13:36   #1018
BHPian

I visited Shaw Toyota, S.B.Road yesterday to checkout the Hycross. The experience of the showroom was very nice. We were attended promptly with a family picture with the Hycross, as i was visiting first time to their showroom. A framed picture was provided later on as well.

SA was assigned immediately, He looks like a newbie with half cooked info but he was courteous, enthusiastic and ready to help in every possible way. Knowing our budget he started pitching the Fortuner, citing the 4 year's waiting period for Hycross ZX(o). He informed that they got 1000+ booking for this particular showroom and will take 4 years to fulfill that order.

Hycross Hybrid: 2 models were on display (silver and white). Both were VX. The moment we sat on the car, the good feeling tapered off. The overall fit and finesse of the cabin was not up to the asking price. SA arranged a TD in the ZX(o). The engine starts in EV mode and absolutely creamy during idle. The easy steering added the convenience to handle such big car. Overall Car drove well and ride quality was complaint to our needs. With 36Lakhs on road, although within our budget yet the car did not seems worthy of this price. Cancelled the plan to consider this.

Cons: Fit and Finesse
Camera quality was absolutely bad
Quality of the cabin (& components) was not very refreshing, still looks old school

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross_hybrid.jpg

Fortuner: 4x2 AT 2.8L pearl white was quoted 46.6Lakhs on road. TD was offered on 4x4 AT. The build quality was evident with our first step inside the cabin. The cabin looked very smaller for the car of such big size. The cabin felt too upright as if we were sitting behind a small leather wall, the glass seems too close to the front occupants. We drove off the university road, it felt too stiff like a truck (which it is), the hydraulic steering added the pain to maneuver this big car. Engine and transmission was good combo but certainly i am not driving this thing daily. So cancelled the plan to even consider the Fortuner. There was a few people inside the showroom who were checking out the Fortuner and looks like one gentlemen (no marks for guessing) booked the car on the spot. Waiting period: 2.5 months for all models.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-fortuner.jpg

So here goes my dreams of owning a Toyota for now. When i invest 40 odd lakh rupees, I would not love to sacrifice for requirements which i absolutely need.
UD17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 19:02   #1019
BHPian

90% of TATA Vehicles catch rust. Look at this news from today, a 4 month old Safari had rusting at 45 different places. Mahindra has multiple service related horror stories from customers.

TOYOTA might not offer features but it gives its customers peace of mind. It might not give creature comforts but it gives its customers ride comfort. In addition to this, you might not have seen a rusted Toyota Innova or Fortuner.

This is a major reason why we should stay away from cars with Sunroof. Thank God we have a Hybrid variant without sunroof. We should buy it before VX (O) with sun roof comes.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-fb_img_1677417719225.jpg  

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 26th February 2023 at 19:15.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 19:10   #1020
BHPian

Hycross or any other Toyota may give you peace of mind and a good ownership experience. I have seen 4 lakh 50 thousand kms run Innova in good shape. You might not see such cars from Tata or Mahindra.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 26th February 2023 at 19:12.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks