Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2023, 16:27   #1606
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Looks like you swapped Road Tax and Insurance.

Dealership was okai with taking insurance from outside, please see if the allow that. You will be able to save some money

I took extended warranty, with hybrid system involved, thought it is better to opt.
Yes, the dealer guy swapped these in the price breakup by mistake.
They are ok with taking external insurance, so thinking of taking from United India.
Old 12th May 2023, 17:00   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Yes, the dealer guy swapped these in the price breakup by mistake.
They are ok with taking external insurance, so thinking of taking from United India.
Don't take from PSUs, they will give you the run around if you end up having an issue and their surveryors take their own sweet time to come look at the car when it is lying in the garage waiting for repair.

Take from any reputed private insurance company like Iffco Tokio, Royal Sundaram etc. Avoid new startups like Acko and Godigit. I was given a given a quote of around 68k from Royal Sundaram. Dealer made a fuss about taking insurance from outside but since everything else from their end was done well, I just let it be. They gave me toyota protect which is covered by ICICI.

Last edited by Cresterk : 12th May 2023 at 17:02.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 17:54   #1608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Don't take from PSUs, they will give you the run around if you end up having an issue and their surveryors take their own sweet time to come look at the car when it is lying in the garage waiting for repair.

Take from any reputed private insurance company like Iffco Tokio, Royal Sundaram etc. Avoid new startups like Acko and Godigit. I was given a given a quote of around 68k from Royal Sundaram. Dealer made a fuss about taking insurance from outside but since everything else from their end was done well, I just let it be. They gave me toyota protect which is covered by ICICI.
In my experience, I have had no issues in claim settlements with United India in the past.
I have taken the insurance for the Hycross from United India too.
beejay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 19:44   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
In my experience, I have had no issues in claim settlements with United India in the past.
I have taken the insurance for the Hycross from United India too.
Oh I always got my claims settled for my previous car from them too. The problem was that I needed to leave it in the workshop for a week even for very simple jobs like side mirror replacement, bumper damage etc.
Old 14th May 2023, 14:31   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Is the Hcyross windshield and side glasses not tinted? It mentions IR cut in the brochure but I couldn't find any mention of the visibility % on any of the glass physically. Did toyota just stop printing those on the glass? It just mentions temperlite.

Getting saint gobain film installed would take 30k and V-cool film installed from a reputed dealer would take a whopping 60k.
Old 15th May 2023, 13:13   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Is the Hcyross windshield and side glasses not tinted? It mentions IR cut in the brochure but I couldn't find any mention of the visibility % on any of the glass physically. Did toyota just stop printing those on the glass? It just mentions temperlite.

Getting saint gobain film installed would take 30k and V-cool film installed from a reputed dealer would take a whopping 60k.
For the front windshield the brochure clearly mentions that GX gets nothing, VX gets IR cut and ZX get acoustic shield and IR cut.

For the side glasses nothing is mentioned in the brochure. There is GX parked in my the basement near my parking slot. From a casual observation it just seems to have plane auto glass on the sides.
Old 15th May 2023, 17:59   #1612

During a discussion with the SA for VX(o) i got to understand that since the vehicle comes with 6 airbags, we cannot put the usual leather seat cover in the front seat as the seat has side airbags and toyota has a seat cover which does not snug fit the front seat and only covers the Center part of the front seats. It feels more like an apron over the fabric seats.

Need to check with the vx(o) owners if they have encountered a similar issue and what is the solution.

I was under the impression that the airbags are in the b pillars (curtain airbags) and the side of the front seats where the control levers are and not inside the front seat.

Also has anyone found a solution for the lack of front wheel arch cladding in the non zx variants. Is the accessory available in the after market. Can we not buy a wheel cladding for the zx(o) from spares and get it pasted on the vx/vx(o)
Old 15th May 2023, 18:19   #1613

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
Car has been mostly driven in city with full capacity. Family is happy with purchase and the comfort offered.
Did you get the speakers changed. Any impact on the audio quality and vehicle warranty
Old 15th May 2023, 19:10   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashd View Post
During a discussion with the SA for VX(o) i got to understand that since the vehicle comes with 6 airbags, we cannot put the usual leather seat cover in the front seat as the seat has side airbags
Not sure if this is true, as ZX & ZXO variants have leather seats. Do you mean those leather seat covers have Airbags incorporated into them ?

Quote:
Also has anyone found a solution for the lack of front wheel arch cladding in the non zx variants. Is the accessory available in the after market. Can we not buy a wheel cladding for the zx(o) from spares and get it pasted on the vx/vx(o)
Wheel arch cladding is available in Spare parts. If you go earlier in this thread, someone has shared the Spare part # as well and you have 2 options to fix it. Either by getting it pasted, or fix it post drilling. I saw couple of YouTube videos wherein Wheel cladding is pasted onto lower variants.
Old 15th May 2023, 19:46   #1615
BHPian

Has anyone installed the original seat covers from Toyota?

Seems to be reasonably priced at 11K:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-seat-cover.png

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 07:01.
Old 15th May 2023, 21:57   #1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Not sure if this is true, as ZX & ZXO variants have leather seats. Do you mean those leather seat covers have Airbags incorporated into them ?
Based on the photo provided at Toyota website it appears the front seats have side airbags. The fabric and stitching allows for the airbags to inflate and come out. The seats have it and not the seat cover.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-87db0676acc8450dac7c9bf8e46c1151.jpeg

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 07:02.
Old 16th May 2023, 11:50   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
For the front windshield the brochure clearly mentions that GX gets nothing, VX gets IR cut and ZX get acoustic shield and IR cut.

For the side glasses nothing is mentioned in the brochure. There is GX parked in my the basement near my parking slot. From a casual observation it just seems to have plane auto glass on the sides.
True but does IR cut also mean tinted? I'm terrible at noticing tints, I didn't even know my i20 came with factory tinted glass until this weekend when the auto detailer showed me how it's windshield said 75% at the front and 70% on the sides on all glasses while the Hycross doesn't mention it anywhere.
Old 16th May 2023, 20:01   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get the speakers changed. Any impact on the audio quality and vehicle warranty
I have VX 8S, which came with standard Toyota speakers with average sound quality. So definitely looking to upgrade. I spoke to Accessories rep at Ravindu Toyota (Bengaluru), he mentioned that if Speakers are installed socket to socket without any wire cutting at the dealership then there is no impact on warranty (I have not seen any written document backing this. This was verbal commitment). So leaned towards Focal TOY models which are compatible with Toyota (There are various video of installation of Focal TOY speakers in Toyota cars).

The main thing blocking me from procuring Focal speakers is the 4-inch speakers is the front dash. These are not pure tweeters. So if I get Focal 165 TOY components installed in the front door, then it has 6.5 inch woofer and a tweeter. Even though sockets are compatible, I am not sure about how crossovers set for a 6.5 inch and 4 inch stock speakers will work for speaker and tweeter of Focal. Thought of visiting reputed accessories shops in Bengaluru to get more info on how to proceed but not been able to spend time on this. Given that this is a hybrid and dealership is the sole place to get proper service done, I am not inclined to getting this done outside.

There are various videos of audio upgrade done on HyCross, but no one talks about warranty impact. See one such video here -
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 20:21   #1619
BHPian

Luggage carrier / Roof carrier / Roof box

Has anyone installed a luggage/roof carrier or a roof box on HyCross?

Will be useful hen my full family goes of for long trips.

On my old Innova, I used a genuine Toyota luggage carrier with Amazon basics roof bag ( https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). It served quie well.

Toyota has not launched a luggage carrier for HyCross. 3rd party ones are available in local shops. For HyCross, I am inclined more towards Roof box for quick loading/unloading and safety. Researched some of available brands of roof boxes. Sharing it below:

1. Thule - This is the most famous and reliable brand and is qute expensive and available only at limited outlets. Not choosing this due to high cost.

2. Pentair (from China) - is the most easily available. For 450L box with roof bars 36-40K was quoted. But it does not have quick fix and release system in the box which allows one to remove the box when not using it. So not going for this.

3. Away India (https://www.awayindia.in/product-pag...-top-cargo-box) - This is a Indian brand, launched recently. Not sure about the quality.

4. Farad (French brand, https://www.faradshop.in/ ) - This a reputed brand from France and has lots of options to choose from. It also has quick fix/release boxes. With roof bars, can cost from 50-70K. I liked the products, spoke to their India seller. They will ship it from Mumbai and installation has to be done by us or from a local shop. Seller said, they have not yet tried the roof bars and the box on HyCross. So asked me to check with them after weeks. Most likely I will go with Farad. Some of team-bhp members have used Farad and reviews are good.
Old 17th May 2023, 11:55   #1620
BHPian

While my wait for Innova Hycross VXO 8S in Pearl White or Attitude black continues, request current owners to help with -

1. What is it service interval?
2. What should be expected service cost?
3. Is there any maintenance / service pack on offer, or recommended? Something like 5 year service plan
4. Does doors auto lock, post attaining speed of 20 kmph?
5. Instead of just notification on MID, is there any alarm incase any door is open?

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 07:03. Reason: Typos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks