Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2023, 16:52   #1636
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Interesting, my mid april manufactured Hycross does not have this sticker. I thought all vehicles manufactured after 1st April had to be E20 compliant?
It is only a sticker addition, HyCross had been E20 compliant from beginning per the information I could gather. Vehicles manufactured pre and post May are identical
Old 19th May 2023, 17:05   #1637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
It is only a sticker addition, HyCross had been E20 compliant from beginning per the information I could gather. Vehicles manufactured pre and post May are identical
This is the first documentation or marking of any kind on the car that states E20 compliance. Earlier, the manual explicitly mentioned E10 max in the fuel grades and specifications section.
Old 20th May 2023, 10:31   #1638
BHPian

Is there a way to turn off beep sound every time speed goes over 80 and continuous beep over 120. I was driving on Lucknow expressway and had to keep speed under 120 to avoid continuous beep at 120. Numerous Crysta and Fortuner overtook me in that drive.

Also my fuel efficiency on highway was 17.5. I am getting around 22 in every
drive in NCR and was hoping to improve it but maybe because i was driving fast, I did not get desired fuel efficiency.

One more query, I have noticed that my hybrid battery out of 6 bars usually only 4 bars shows as charged. Once I came close at 5 bars. Is it same for everyone or am I doing something wrong.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th May 2023 at 17:15. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the edit functionality to add more content and avoid back-to-back posts.
Old 20th May 2023, 10:43   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
Is there a way to turn off beep sound everytime speed goes over 80 and continuous beep over 120. I was driving on Lucknow expressway and had to keep speed under 120 to avoid continuous beep at 120.
Numerous crysta and fortunnner overtook me in that drive.
Not sure how the speed alert system is integrated in the Hycross. If it is the same speaker that is used for all the other alerts, then you may have to get it removed by a Tuner (Code6 etc). However, this would lead to losing out on warnings (door open, seatbelt etc). Toyota will not be able to do this for you as it voids warranty.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 11:06   #1640

Quote:
1. First at 1k kms and then every 10k kms or 1 year.

2. Not sure but I expect it to be below 10k.

3. They only have a 20k kms plan for 2 years. I would have liked something longer but the salesman didn't have a clue about extending it. It cost just 7.5k rs which isn't bad for 3 services.

4. Yes and you can also set them to lock on shifting from park and auto unlock when putting it in park or driver's door open. It's all customisable.

5. There is an alarm if someone force opens your door. And warning beeps if you forget to close the door while locking or if car is moving. Furthermore, parking brake will not automatically disable if any of the doors are open. They have thought it all through very well and every component of the car talks to each other.
Thanks crester for the information. But can you please guide how to enable auto unlock for all doors. I asked the agency but they were clueless. Also tried the procedure given in manual but it didn't seem to work.

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 06:56. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 20th May 2023, 12:40   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveet84 View Post
Thanks crester for the information. But can you please guide how to enable auto unlock for all doors. I asked the agency but they were clueless. Also tried the procedure given in manual but it didn't seem to work.
From memory, it was something like:

1. Turn on car
2. Shift to neutral
3. Hold unlock button for 5 seconds and then release.
4. If it worked, the doors will lock and unlock once as confirmation

And that's it. The dealership as usual is clueless about it.

Quote:
Also my fuel efficiency on highway was 17.5. i am getting around 22 in everydrive in NCR and was hoping to improve it but maybe because i was driving fast, i did not get desired fuel efficiency.

One more query, i have noticed that my hybrid battery out of 6 bars usually only 4 bars shows as charged. Once i came close at 5 bars. Is it same for everyone or am I doing something wrong.
That's actually pretty good. My fuel efficiency in mid shows 13.3 kmpl with a mixture of highway and city driving.

Hybrid battery will not be engine charged completely. Suppose you come to a downhill slope when your battery is already at 100%. That will be energy wasted going downhill instead of regenerating.

Also it isn't good for your battery to constantly go to 0% or 100% so the ECU will just start charging at 20% and discharging at 80%.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th May 2023 at 15:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the EDIT button while adding content to a previous post (if reposting within 30 minutes of the last one).
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 15:48   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
However, this would lead to losing out on warnings (door open, seatbelt etc). Toyota will not be able to do this for you as it voids warranty.
But does this not go for Fortuner too. They seem to be driven at 150-160 continuously.

Quote:
wasted going downhill instead of regenerating.

Also it isn't good for your battery to constantly go to 0% or 100% so the ECU will just start charging at 20% and discharging at 80%.
Thnx. It takes a load off me. I kept wondering if something is wrong with my driving. Saw a lot of videos on YouTube on driving a Toyota hybrid.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th May 2023 at 17:17. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Edit/Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 20th May 2023, 16:42   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
But does this not go for Fortuner too. They seem to be driven at 150-160 continiously
If I'm not wrong, the chime used by Toyota isn't as intrusive as implemented in other vehicles. It can easily be masked by music. This also depends on the discretion of the person driving.

P.S:Why would you want to drive at such speeds when the speed limit itself is 120 Km/h?

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 06:57. Reason: Typo.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 19:19   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But does this not go for Fortuner too. They seem to be driven at 150-160 continuously.
Only cars manufactured after 2019 has the beep iirc. Older cars don't. Also you can get it disabled once tuners are familiar with the hycross.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-alerts-2.html (Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts)
Old 20th May 2023, 20:40   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Only cars manufactured after 2019 has the beep iirc. Older cars don't. Also you can get it disabled once tuners are familiar with the hycross.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-alerts-2.html (Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts)
Thnx. I learnt this is there in Tata Safari too. In fact in most vehicles manufactured recently. Friends here are right in saying driving above that speed is dangerous and therefore vehicle manufactueres have rightly incorporated this.
Old 20th May 2023, 21:50   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thnx. I learnt this is there in Tata Safari too. In fact in most vehicles manufactured recently. Friends here are right in saying driving above that speed is dangerous and therefore vehicle manufactueres have rightly incorporated this.
It's in every new vehicle dude. It is a government mandated "safety feature".
Old 21st May 2023, 08:09   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayarem View Post
Got my HyCross delivered yesterday. Vehicle had a factory date of 12th May. While the SA was non-committal on E20 compliance, I was pleasantly surprised to see the sticker "upto E20") on the inner side of the petrol tank lid cover.
My March delivered hycross manual says e 10 fuel and adds e20 is applicable only for thailand vehicles.
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 09:00   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
My March delivered hycross manual says e 10 fuel and adds e20 is applicable only for thailand vehicles.
Seems like E-20 sticker is for post April 2023 vehicle in compliance of Govt rules. Ironical Toyota is not saying anything regarding earlier vehicles.
Abhijeetsinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 10:10   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like E-20 sticker is for post April 2023 vehicle in compliance of Govt rules. Ironical Toyota is not saying anything regarding earlier vehicles.
My mid April manufactured Hycross doesn’t have this sticker sadly.
Old 21st May 2023, 10:55   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Is all the fuel at the pumps now e20?
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks