Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2023, 09:27   #2131
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

I am planning to sell my online hycross as I was getting delivery of VXO.

First thing - people are mad about sunroof. Every buyer wanted car which has sunroof. No double manufacturers are pushing sunroof in all cars

Second thing - repair and paint job greatly reduces market price. Actual user will understand but brokers try to push the price down to make more profit. Brokers margin in cars is more than a lac in buying and selling such cars.
Sometimes they make more than the dealers when selling cars which has led to companies like cars 24 etc to come up to cash in on this
Old 12th August 2023, 12:19   #2132
BHPian

Members owning Hycross GX, VX and VX(O) can get front DRL (as ZX) which also converts to swiping indicators (aftermarket kit).

The product might be Chinese but it will enhance your Hycross's front looks.

Vendor - Car Heaven
Location - Ashok Vihar, North Delhi

For reference, please have a look at the images.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross-1.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross-2.jpg
Ajitesh_Drive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 06:26   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
I had my first service done. Got the Muffler cutter installed.

I have ordered GFX 3D mats online. I am thinking of installing roof rails and side steps.
Hi

Noob question - what does the muffler cutter do?

Also, which trim do u have (context for the roof rails - with sun roof or without)?

Also, most importantly, let me know if you get the side steps (in Bangalore). Have been looking for them and unable to find any.
Old 13th August 2023, 06:36   #2134
BHPian

Completed 2000 Kms on the odo in 2 weeks of ownership and couldn't be happier with the car.

On 10th August, which also happens to be my birthday, did a divine trip to Srisailam, which is 220 Kms from Hyderabad, in our Hycross. We were 5 people including our chauffeur.

I was seated in 2nd row for most of the time during this trip a. After doing this trip, now I realised that why my dad preferred getting this over XUV7OO or Scorpio-N or used Fortuner.

The space and comfort in 3rd row is the best and it even beats old Innova and Crysta in this department, hands down.

Couple of our folks, who travelled with us and also happens to be my dad's colleague's family and one of them, was impressed with the space and comfort of 3rd row the Hycross offered. He was even saying that comfort and space in 3rd row is way better than their 2022 Crysta 2.7Z AT and 2012 Innova VX they own and, after this, he felt like trading off their less than a year old Crysta 2.7Z AT for Hycross ZX.

Also, my cousin, who also came with us for this trip and is 6 ft, commented the same and he too owns an Innova (2015 variant).

My mom, who prefers to sit in 3rd row every time we travel, felt slightly better than previous Innova in terms of comfort.
car_guy1998 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 12:34   #2135

Hi Bhpians,

Finally after a lot of confusion between the Hycross & XUV 700. This Thursday we booked the Hycross VX(O) 8 seater Sparkling Black with Galaxy Toyota Moti Nagar.
The waiting*period told to us for this specific model and color is 5-6 months. Rest all the Hybrid*models/Colors have a waiting of 10-12 months.*

I have a few questions for those of you who are lucky to own it-
- How has been your overall experience with the service & maintenance? Any issues faced till now?
- Can I make any upgrades on tire without increasing the inch's?* Even thou personally I don't like the design of these 17inch alloys on Hycross, the one on Crysta & Hyryder look way better.
- Also I feel, accessories*like led DRLs on front(like on ZX), ambient lights inside and a better speaker system can be a good add-on, but being a hybrid is it safe to install such accessories? Has anyone tried adding these?
Old 13th August 2023, 14:12   #2136

Hello team.

I have really enjoyed reading the Hycross thread here for while, this is my first post.

I booked a vx and an zx(o) online within 10 minutes after launch on 25th Nov last year. I thought I will go for the vx if the zx(o) price was above 40 lac, since the price was not announced while they started the booking. I changed the vx to vx(o) once it was announced in March.

In spite of repeated follow ups with Nippon there was no news about the zx(o) booking. I was quite certain that mine was one of the first bookings. I was finally offered the vx(o) Attitude Black mid July and I took delivery few weeks back.

I managed to keep the delivery cost low. I got an RTI insurance from Oriental for just 57k after adjusting for 50% NCB from my old Crysta 2.4 ZX. I did not take the extended warranty or the smiles package as the battery is covered for 8 years / 1.6 lac km by Toyota, also we did not utilise / claim on the extended warranty on our previous Crysta and Altis.

Thanks to some of the pervious posts here, I did not spend much on accessories from Toyota apart from the basic accessories I only bought the rear chrome strip and chrome door handles from Toyota. I ordered roof rails, window strips etc from carplus which was 1/5th the cost from Toyota .

I really wanted the DRL's which Toyota quoted about 40k . I have seen a lot of DRL upgrade youtube videos on Innova Zenix. I have managed to order online on aliexpress for $165 ( majority is shipping cost & taxes ) hope Toyota agrees to install it. I am sure it will soon be available after market with most car accessory vendors.

I also plan to get the black wheel arch cladding and if possible upgrade to leatherette seat covers being offered in the Invicto Alpha+ variant.

Now after all this my SA from Nippon calls me on Monday saying the zx(o) is scheduled for delivery in September : .

I think the vx(o) now has all the features I need and I plan to keep it and I will pass the zx(o) booking.
rjm_kmj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 18:41   #2137
BHPian

* Engine was super silent at idle and great power, however I did hear engine grunt even with light throttle.

* Seats were of great comfort both front and back, I was able to adjust my driving position in no time.

* Car was easy to manoeuvre and it didn’t give me the feel of driving a big car

* Innova is known for its suspension, during my recent trip to Tirupati we went in 2016 Innova model, I am not sure if he had tuned the suspension or it was in stock; trust me it was easily the best ride I experienced in some years, I didn’t feel any jerks in the cabin. It ate small to medium potholes like anything.I was expecting the same in Hycross and I should say it is not the case, was bit disappointed; maybe I over expected. Even the small potholes were felt in the cabin and I didn’t find any difference in suspension between Hycross and my Venue.

* Elephant in the room mileage, during my brief drive I got a mileage of 12.6, I didn’t do any sprinted drive, was very careful in my drive to test the hybrid mileage but it was not great. Need to check again

Is it worth to go for Hybrid?

Price perspective GX is at 25L and VX hybrid is at 32L, I am planning to test drive GX variant as well. According to me spending 7 Lakhs just for Hybrid is not worth it, I did a rough math to check if Hybrid better mileage is worth spending that extra money and you need to drive more than 110K km to reap benefits.

Attachment 2486053

Overall, I am kind off 50:50 with my experience today. Will drive GX variant to check its ride quality.[/quote]

More features, better resale value and silent drive in VX hybrid compared to GX
Old 13th August 2023, 19:19   #2138
BHPian

[quote=MarutiGuy1977;5603579]Hi
Noob question - what does the muffler cutter do?/QUOTE]

Muffler Cutter: I am not sure about the functionality, I got it installed for the chrome tip on the silencer.
Trim : ZX (With Sunroof)
Roof Rails: I will let you know about side steps once I get them.
pach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 19:22   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm_kmj View Post
Hello team.
I thought I will go for the vx if the zx(o) price was above 40 lac, since the price was not announced while they started the booking. I changed the vx to vx(o) once it was announced in March.
Did the waiting period change when you changed the booking from VX to VX(O)? Nippon Trivandrum has quoted 8 months for GX, and says the waiting period will reset if I change to VX (means additional 8 months waiting period).
Old 13th August 2023, 21:52   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Need some feedback on a few "protection" type accessories. For my earlier cars, I have never bothered about adding things like bumper protectors (apparently plastic/fiber trims that you stick on bumper corners), door edge protectors (similar small strips fixed near middle area of door edges), rear bull bar and side steps. I don't like any of this look wise because I find it overtly after-market and a bit ugly.

Do these things really help in terms of avoiding routine scratches/dents (minor ones at least)?

I hate bull bars the most but the ones being offered by Toyota are sleek/slim and hence don't look that bad. I can add them if they have some real practical protective value. I believe they are prohibited by law, so not sure how Toyota is listing it as an official accessory?

Side steps are not really meant for protection, but I guess they will double up as ones. Does it reduce ground clearance in case of Hycross? Would the plastic side claddings and wheel arch claddings instead serve better to take on those everyday minor scratches and hits? I hope being unpainted back plastics, it should be easy and inexpensive to get them buffed up when needed, but not sure.
Old 13th August 2023, 21:55   #2141

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Did the waiting period change when you changed the booking from VX to VX(O)? Nippon Trivandrum has quoted 8 months for GX, and says the waiting period will reset if I change to VX (means additional 8 months waiting period).
I called the SA as soon as i saw the news on vx(o) and i remember him saying that the system was not showing the option to book as yet. I gave it in writing later in the day and he confirmed the change a couple of days later. I think I may have moved up the queue as there were hardly any bookings for the new variant with Nippon then.
rjm_kmj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 22:36   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Need some feedback on a few "protection" type accessories. For my earlier cars, I have never bothered about adding things like bumper protectors (apparently plastic/fiber trims that you stick on bumper corners), door edge protectors (similar small strips fixed near middle area of door edges), rear bull bar and side steps. I don't like any of this look wise because I find it overtly after-market and a bit ugly.

Do these things really help in terms of avoiding routine scratches/dents (minor ones at least)?
Just get some Paint Protective Film installed in high risk areas.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 11:19   #2143
BHPian

Price perspective GX is at 25L and VX hybrid is at 32L, I am planning to test drive GX variant as well. According to me spending 7 Lakhs just for Hybrid is not worth it, I did a rough math to check if Hybrid better mileage is worth spending that extra money and you need to drive more than 110K km to reap benefits.

Attachment 2486053

Overall, I am kind off 50:50 with my experience today. Will drive GX variant to check its ride quality.[/quote]

More features, better resale value and silent drive in VX hybrid compared to GX[/quote]

I'm in the same dilemma as having an annual running of 7k-8k I too have booked GX, finding it difficult for an amount of INR 7 lacs worth of value in their OTR Delhi (VX hybrid & GX Non-hybrid).

Haven't been able to test drive GX, please let us know the experience. My major issue is the bare bones interior given in GX but the good part is they recently have upgraded safety kit to 6 airbags as standard across the range.

A festive edition is in the works for sure as per conversation with my SA, where he confirmed it will come with cosmetic changes to the exterior and interior will be the same as VX. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We are a family of three, hopefully extending in some time, hence confused between Elevate ZX MT and Hycross non-hybrid GX (Both cars are booked). Want something reliable for 10+ years use case for family trips.
Old 14th August 2023, 12:37   #2144
BHPian

Quote:

I only bought the rear chrome strip and chrome door handles from Toyota. I ordered roof rails, window strips etc from carplus which was 1/5th the cost from Toyota.
Can you please share prices for Roof Rails & Window strips. Do add pictures if possible.

Quote:

I really wanted the DRL's which Toyota quoted about 40k . I have seen a lot of DRL upgrade Youtube videos on Innova Zenix. I have managed to order online on aliexpress for $165 ( majority is shipping cost & taxes ) hope Toyota agrees to install it. I am sure it will soon be available after market with most car accessory vendors.
Even i have VXO & interested in DRL fitting. $165 is a fair amount, but i will hold my thoughts till it see it.

I also saw an ad on Instagram (ID - Drivestylish) regarding Hycross DRL available & he quoted me 7999/- with Shipping, however it was not Coupler to Coupler fitting.

Since it was with Scotch locks so i did not pursue it further.

Looking forward to more details from your end.
Old 14th August 2023, 12:45   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitesh_Drive View Post

We are a family of three, hopefully extending in some time, hence confused between Elevate ZX MT and Hycross non-hybrid GX (Both cars are booked). Want something reliable for 10+ years use case for family trips.
If a spacious vehicle isn't necessary and your usage involves accommodating four people, I recommend considering the Elevate. Opting for an automatic transmission would be my choice for driving within Delhi, as opposed to a manual transmission
mathlesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks