Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:51   #2176
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Hi, I will be getting my car delivered tomorrow.

I am making a last attempt to solve tyre upgrade dilemma before the delivery, refer to this post (Continental tyres).

I also have a few questions to Hycross owners regarding TPMS, please confirm:

1. To my knowledge, stock TMPS caters to 4 tyres only (not the 5th spare wheel), is that right?
2. It also doesn't show tyre temperature, shows pressure alone. Right?
3. Can we monitor the pressure from Toyota mobile app or get the alerts on android/apple phones?

To get around these limitations, I am planning to invest in an additional TMPS. Didn't have time to research much on this, but picked up this one mentioned somewhere on team bhp: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MZA5808/...B24E6KQY6&th=1

Any advice is welcome.

Last edited by santosh.s : 22nd August 2023 at 13:53.
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:58   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Has anyone installed official welcome door lamp?
I wanted to get this but want to know if they come for all 4 four doors or just two?
And how is the actual quality and illumination?
I have got these installed. They come for all 4 doors. Illumination is as shown in the picture.
Old 22nd August 2023, 15:49   #2178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
I have got these installed. They come for all 4 doors. Illumination is as shown in the picture.
Is the wiring already for fitting the lamp in the doors or they need to do complete wiring?
Are they of any use or just for namesake?
Can you please share photo of video of the lamp in dark?

Last edited by manofinfinity : 22nd August 2023 at 15:50. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd August 2023, 16:44   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Is the wiring already for fitting the lamp in the doors or they need to do complete wiring?
Are they of any use or just for namesake?
Can you please share photo of video of the lamp in dark?
Wiring: Not sure, got it fitted before taking delivery
Useful: I do not think it is useful if you are expecting some spread of light. it is right below the door and only the innova emblem is visible.
Will share the photo in dark tomorrow
Old 22nd August 2023, 17:14   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Hi, I will be getting my car delivered tomorrow.

I am making a last attempt to solve tyre upgrade dilemma before the delivery, refer to this post (Continental tyres).

1. To my knowledge, stock TMPS caters to 4 tyres only (not the 5th spare wheel), is that right?
2. It also doesn't show tyre temperature, shows pressure alone. Right?
3. Can we monitor the pressure from Toyota mobile app or get the alerts on android/apple phones?

To get around these limitations, I am planning to invest in an additional TMPS. Didn't have time to research much on this, but picked up this one mentioned somewhere on team bhp: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MZA5808/...B24E6KQY6&th=1

Any advice is welcome.
#1 caters to only 4 tyres
#2 does not show temperature of the types
#3 cannot monitor type pressure from the Toyota i-Connect app nor any notifications on it
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 17:48   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sanket, that means it would be a good idea to complement it with a better TPMS if doable. How accurate are the pressure figures showed by the stock system?
Old 22nd August 2023, 18:15   #2182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sanket, that means it would be a good idea to complement it with a better TPMS if doable. How accurate are the pressure figures showed by the stock system?
I would say it's not really needed. The pressures shown are very accurate down to the last PSI. I measure and fill up with a digital meter and the values shown in the tyre inflator and TPMS are the exact same even to 1 psi difference in different tyres. Just drive for 2-3 meters and the updated tyre pressure is immediately visible.

Invest in some decent rubber instead. The itch to replace the stock goodyears with michelin primacy tyres is too strong these days.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 18:45   #2183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
#1 caters to only 4 tyres
That's bad! Even the inferior TPMS of the Toyota Yaris has it on 5 wheels even though it doesn't show the pressure as such. It just warns you when the pressure is below/above normal range.
Old 22nd August 2023, 20:57   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
The itch to replace the stock goodyears with michelin primacy tyres is too strong these days.
Yes, Primacy 4ST would have been first on my shortlist, but I understand there is no stock in India due to some import restriction recently put. Are you getting it at your place? The next on the list is continental UC6 which I am planning to get. I guess other brands are available due to localization of manufacturing?
Old 23rd August 2023, 04:52   #2185
BHPian

Completed 3000 Kms on the odo in 3 weeks of ownership with our Hycross VX Hybrid on thursday and now the odo reading as per Toyota i-Connect app (tracking the odometer through the app as I moved to US for higher studies this week) is 3282 Kms.

Just before leaving to US, did a trip to Warangal where I was chauffeured most of the time again and got an FE of 17.5 Kmpl (T2T), which I felt impressive IMO.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 23rd August 2023 at 05:18.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 10:33   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Primacy 4ST would have been first on my shortlist, but I understand there is no stock in India due to some import restriction recently put. Are you getting it at your place? The next on the list is continental UC6 which I am planning to get. I guess other brands are available due to localization of manufacturing?
UC6 is only available in stock size, if you go for better side profile 225/55 not available here in gurgaon. Yoko RV02 is available as are vredesteins
Old 23rd August 2023, 13:47   #2187
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
That's bad! Even the inferior TPMS of the Toyota Yaris has it on 5 wheels even though it doesn't show the pressure as such. It just warns you when the pressure is below/above normal range.
I am not sure whether it was discussed earlier in this thread. The spare 5th tyre is a space saver (with a speed limit of 80kmph) and not a regular sized one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Invest in some decent rubber instead. The itch to replace the stock goodyears with michelin primacy tyres is too strong these days.
I had a puncture (with a loud enough sound to notice) on a recent highway trip (followed by rapid loss of tyre pressure to zero in TPMS) and the puncture hole was too big for the normal wick based puncture kit. Fortunately was able to find a decently equipped highway puncture shop guy to fix it with a patch. Seriously thinking of moving to a better set of tyres...

Last edited by LobsterB : 23rd August 2023 at 13:54.
Old 23rd August 2023, 17:49   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Seriously thinking of moving to a better set of tyres...
There is only one-way ZX owners can have a Tyre upgrade. Although the options might be limited in the market. However, upgrading the tyres without making more than 2% of difference in total circumference is to upgrade from 225/50/R18 to 235/50 R18.

Please do a proper research and study if you upgrade to 235/55/R18. This increases the overall circumference to 4.99% which is much more than allowed 2% increase and this might affect the suspension and other mechanical aspects of the car. Hence Upgrade to 235/50 R18 is the only option.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-tyre-size-zx.jpg

This is one reason why they did not repeat this mistake with Invicto (Invicto is also produced in Toyota Plants). For Hyross, Alloy size of 17 inches is more than sufficient and VX or VX(O) owners have multitude of options for the Tyre Upgrade although that is not needed.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 23rd August 2023 at 17:56.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 21:29   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
There is only one-way ZX owners can have a Tyre upgrade. Although the options might be limited in the market. However, upgrading the tyres without making more than 2% of difference in total circumference is to upgrade from 225/50/R18 to 235/50 R18.
Well, I didn't necessarily mean upsizing, hope there are better ones than the current Goodyear Assurance. Moving from Goodyear Wranglers to Pirelli Scorpion on my Aria was a substantial upgrade in every way. So will prefer better options in the same size. Pirelli Cinturato P7 and Continental ContiSportContact 5 seems to be two options I see online. Wonder if anyone has experience with any of them.
Old 24th August 2023, 11:04   #2190

The Hycross was finally delivered to us last weekend.
Little overwhelmed by the controls and features of this vehicle (I've been driving an Etios for the past ten years, so I trust you'll understand my situation).

I’ve a major doubt about usage of “Parking Brake” v/s “Shift the liver to P”.

Scenario 1: I am parking the car, do I need set the parking brake ON before moving the liver to P?

Scenario 2. Car stopped for an extended time in a traffic block, what to do in such situation? Just moving the liver to P is sufficient? (If it is a slow moving traffic we can use Hold)

Scenario 3: Car is starting off on sleep uphill, press brake and set the parking brake ON and gently press accelerator?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks