Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2023, 13:15   #2311
Senior - BHPian

Re: Innova Hycross ZXO Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarma1 View Post
hi friends, I have booked my Innova Hycross VXO which has a waiting period of one year and using some contacts I am taking delivery of ZXO Attitude Black tomorrow. Need advice on the accessories to be fitted from the showroom in Hyderabad Harsha Toyota. They advised the following: Floor mats 3D - 9,800, Mud Guard Black - 3,600, Luggage Tray - 2,800, Muffler Cutter - 2,200, Side P Mold (Black & Chrome) - 10,900, Rear Bike Protector - 10,900, Car Cover - 3,200, Foot Steps (Fortuner Model) - 17,500. Kindly advise if I can ignore some of these and should I take anything else? TIA, regards, VARMA
Skip the muffler cutter and chrome and get the interior ambient lighting package.
Old 21st September 2023, 14:28   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Skip the muffler cutter and chrome and get the interior ambient lighting package.
Can you please share some photos of interior ambient lighting installed in your car?
Also regarding installation the cut for the bulb on the door panel are they manually done or with any special instrument, how is the overall fitting, and do you hear any rattles after installing?
manofinfinity is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:28   #2313

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Avoid bike protection at the rear. May deploy airbags on hard impact. Side step. Tryout at the show room by all users before getting it fixed. I had it fixed and I find it was really of no use getting in and while exiting too it hits the back of my leg.
DOODLEBUG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 16:46   #2314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I think the interior ambient lighting is a standard feature in the Hycross ZXO version
Old 22nd September 2023, 19:12   #2315
BHPian

I'm considering getting the OEM fog lamps for my Hycross VX. Dont want to take the risk of going with an after-market option because it may void the warranty.

Has anyone installed the OEM fog lamp?

ZX owners, do you think the OEM fog lamp does a good job?
Old 22nd September 2023, 21:23   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I got the Toyota Genuine fog lamps for my VX in March 2023, you can see my earlier post that has pics of fog lamp light throw.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5512896 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)

Fog lamps are lighting up the immediate lower part of the ground, so they help a little. But the stock headlight and the geniune foglamp together are still not sufficient for a highway drive. As many have pointed out, some solution is needed to upgrade headlights.

In my opinion Toyota fog lamps are not a must. Not much improvement in overall night driving.
Old 23rd September 2023, 00:21   #2317

I have decided to purchase the Hycross GX Festive Edition, which has an ex-showroom price of Rs. 20,07,000. This is slightly more expensive than the standard 7-seater version, which costs Rs. 19,67,000. The Festive Edition comes with below below-mentioned additional features, this information is shared by the dealership. Overall, I believe this version offers excellent value for money.

Quote:
New Festive Edition Hycross variant GX(O) Suffix – HU, HV
Exteriors: Front Under run, Front Jewel Garnish, Rear Under run (Factory fitted)
Interiors: Chestnut themed Interior with soft touch material, (Instrumental Panel, Door trim, Mid grade seat fabric), Hydrographic on armrest switch base
Seat – Dual tone (Chestnut & Black) Fabric (Similar to VX & VX(O))
Covers Under vehicle warranty
Safety: 6 Airbags (Seat belt reminder)
All seats get seat belt reminder function.
It is available in 7 and 8 seater options.
I am uploading the pictures of the car. Delivery is next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20230922-5.55.33-pm.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20230922-5.55.41-pm.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20230922-5.56.30-pm.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20230922-5.57.52-pm.jpeg  

vbathina is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 12:54   #2318
BHPian

This is from the same brand I talked about previously. If anyone’s interested, you can check them out @fe_retrofit and @light_xpertz_india on Instagram.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_3311.png

Last edited by hAwX : 23rd September 2023 at 12:56.
hAwX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 22:43   #2319
BHPian

Need one advice from my fellow bhpians. I currently own Jeep Compass Diesel S AT 4*4. I bought this car in December 2021 and till now it has clocked 18K KMs. Overall it is running fine with just some minor rattles. Not super impressed with the Engine and AT gearbox combo but overall it suffice my daily requirement.

Now the real dilemma. My family is somehow super impressed with Innova Hycross and pushing me to sell Jeep Compass and buy a more spacious car. We are a family of 5 - My father, wife and 2 daughters. My father never liked Jeep Compass much given its bit low sitting and limited space. I owned XUV 500 prior to Compass and thats where comparison is made. My elder daughter has seen Hycross once and is now after my life to buy it. Somehow I also like the overall offering as now it looks more SUVish and comes loaded with all bells and whistles. I know it does not make sense to sell the car after just 1 year and 9 months but there is an itch to consider Innova Hycross. Is it wise to even think about it and if yes then what can I expect as the resale value of my car. I bought it for 33 Lakhs in Gurgaon and it now cost around Rs 37 Lakhs.

I am really confused what to do and need some advice on this. I can only stretch my budget till 35 Lakhs.
Ashu03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 11:43   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
I know it does not make sense to sell the car after just 1 year and 9 months but there is an itch to consider Innova Hycross.
By the time you make up your mind, book the car and take delivery, your Compass will be almost three years old

On a serious note, the Hycross is superior in all parameters, except maybe the lack of a 4x4. Moreover, seating comfort must be a non-negotiable requirement and if your family feels uncomfortable in the Compass then it’s anyway a wrong car for your needs.

If I were in your shoes, and if my budget permitted me, then I’d bite the bullet and get the Hycross.
mpthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 13:47   #2321
BHPian

Any pointers to good reliable 7D mats for Hycross that I can get online? Has any one tried 7d mats online. 7D mats available with dealers are disappointing. Hence the question. Any advise will be helpful.
Old 24th September 2023, 17:52   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Checked out the Hycross ZX in white at the showroom.
Observations :
Finaaaallly got my Hycross ZX delivered a few weeks back and have covered about 600 kms so far. Some observations :

The drive:
- Extremely smooth and refined machine this
- Ride quality esp on good roads is exceptional despite the 50 profile tyres. Needs to be treated like a usual monocoque on bad roads
- Engine noise is negligible when driven with a light foot
- When on EV mode the car is even quieter (no surprise)
- AT is very smooth and goes about its business without any fuss
- While I am yet to cross the 100 mark in the running in period, the engine feels powerful enough to do 130-140 on the highways without breaking into a sweat
- Lots of small safety features/ touches provided by Toyota
- Very easy to drive with a light steering. Doesnt feel vague or flightly at any speeds - not an enthusiast's steering but very competent

Fuel efficiency:
- Have generally driven with a light foot in the city and mostly used cruise control on the highways - have gotten nearly 19+ kmpl so far
- The cruise control allows for periods of coasting which helps with FE
- Cruise control on highways in eco mode and city mode (not eco) in the city traffic seems to the key to good FE
- Have seen that the FE is sensitive to inclines and air-conditioning settings

Sunroof, Ottoman, AC etc :
- While I am not a fan of the sunroof, the kids have totally loved it. We've had some nice weather of late with cloudy weather and rain and the sunroof enhances the drive experience for the second and third row in particular
- Ottoman seats are a huge hit with the kids who can stretch their legs while reading a book (or get some gadget time) or sleep in comfort. They are good for smaller size adults too. While I was initially skeptical of the need, the ottomans have elevated the second row experience to business class
- the dual zone AC is a chiller and the ventilated seats are decent (not chilling but effective enough)
- The seat material is decent and the chestnut color doesnt get soiled easily which is a boon for families with kids

Things not the best:
- This thing is best driven sedately - which is generally my driving style. Enthusiastic drivers will see slow and noisy progress on the speedometer when driving with a heavy foot
- Big turning radius means parking in tight spaces isnt the easiest
- Plastic quality is strictly average but looks well built. Some fit and finish concerns from some earlier production batches seem fully addressed
- The horn is sedan grade which means no one is going to feel a big van coming their way when they hear it
- The headlights are average - havent done a long night drive on unlit highways yet though
- The only noise at higher speeds is wind noise - which is somewhat prominent given the otherwise quiet environs

Overall this is one great family vehicle - refinement, comfort, space, driving ease, future proof engine tech, features, sunroof, fuel efficiency, reliability, resale value, service experience - all bases covered. And at a reasonably acceptable price. Looking forward to munching miles with it

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th September 2023 at 09:25. Reason: Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post for easy readability. Thanks!
RoadTiger is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 20:59   #2323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
- Ottoman seats are a huge hit with the kids who can stretch their legs while reading a book (or get some gadget time) or sleep in comfort. They are good for smaller size adults too. While I was initially skeptical of the need, the ottomans have elevated the second row experience to business class
Ture, some people think it is more of a gimmick, but it does add some comfort and premiumness unless you are very tall. While you can't fully raise the calf support while sitting normally, you can use it to some extent. One can also raise it fully and squat your fatigued legs if needed during long drives (I mean sitting cross-legged and of course with shoes/slippers removed). I don't really need a 6/7 seater car as my immediate family has just 4 people and I am the only male/tallest member. But I bought it to get 4 very spacious and comfortable seats with an option of the rest of the space being used as either a big boot or additional seating when occasionally traveling with friends or relatives. I was a bit concerned about under seat battery making it uncomfortable to stretch legs, but that is not at all an issue if you slide middle seats to the back-most position. I am 171cm tall, which translates to 5'8" or 5'7" depending upon how accurately you convert units.

Quote:
- The only noise at higher speeds is wind noise - which is somewhat prominent given the otherwise quiet environs
Didn't you notice any road/tyre noise?! Another thing to mention is that since the cabin is quite, all fan noises inside the cabin get more noticeable, like front/back AC blowers, seat ventilators, and battery cooling fan. Most of the time (except for initial fast cooling), I tend to use AC blower at minimum settings of 1 or 2, at max 3 if it's too hot outside. Similarly I use seat ventilation setting at 1, if it is needed at all. I suspect that they have placed the fan inside seat towards top side, which brings it closer to ears making it more audible. If that is true, then moving it towards the bottom would have been better.

Last edited by santosh.s : 24th September 2023 at 21:03.
santosh.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 09:02   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I don't really need a 6/7 seater car as my immediate family has just 4 people and I am the only male/tallest member. But I bought it to get 4 very spacious and comfortable seats with an option of the rest of the space being used as either a big boot or additional seating when occasionally traveling with friends or relatives.

Didn't you notice any road/tyre noise?! Another thing to mention is that since the cabin is quite, all fan noises inside the cabin get more noticeable, like front/back AC blowers, seat ventilators, and battery cooling fan. Most of the time (except for initial fast cooling), I tend to use AC blower at minimum settings of 1 or 2, at max 3 if it's too hot outside. Similarly I use seat ventilation setting at 1, if it is needed at all. I suspect that they have placed the fan inside seat towards top side, which brings it closer to ears making it more audible. If that is true, then moving it towards the bottom would have been better.
Agree similar use case here. Mostly family of four traveling with the ocassional instance of friends/ relatives. The ottomans truly make long distance travel fairly comfortable for kids/ smaller height adults.

Yes agree. I have seen if you put the AC fan at higher speed setting, it makes its presence felt. Road/ tyre noise has not been very prominent yet - will observe more closely now that you mention it
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 09:11   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I'm considering getting the OEM fog lamps for my Hycross VX. Dont want to take the risk of going with an after-market option because it may void the warranty.

ZX owners, do you think the OEM fog lamp does a good job?
I got that installed on my VX. As per me, it looks like I wasted my 13k on these OEM Fog Lamps which are good for nothing. You can easily get the LED Projectors installed in fog lamps housing which will be better overall and it would certainly cost less than 13k. Please do not buy OEM Fog Lamps. I did this mistake and I will never suggest anyone!
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks