Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2023, 13:36   #2401

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Hello,

Can owners of the VX and VX (o) confirm how long did they actually have to wait for their cars? Of course, the dealer quotes 12-18 months, but that can’t be realistic? Can you please share the actual time taken from booking to delivery?

It seems almost hopeless to wait for ZX bookings to open; Six months have passed since they halted bookings for this model and there still isn’t any clarity on timelines.
I have two bookings, one at Espirit-Noida and other one at Galaxy-Lajpat Nagar for VX 8 Seater models. Booked first one in March and second one in April. Both are available since September. Due to certain personal reasons not buying the car this year. So a wait for 4-5 months is all that is needed.
loki_marvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 14:44   #2402
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Can owners of the VX and VX (o) confirm how long did they actually have to wait for their cars? Of course, the dealer quotes 12-18 months, but that can’t be realistic? Can you please share the actual time taken from booking to delivery?

It seems almost hopeless to wait for ZX bookings to open; Six months have passed since they halted bookings for this model and there still isn’t any clarity on timelines.
Booked in early December 2022, received the car in October first week.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th October 2023 at 15:37. Reason: Abbreviations
KuttappanAbhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 05:28   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Got my hycross' 10,000 kms service done.

Mileage is now 12.5-13.5 in Delhi traffic. Goes upto 17 kmpl on Highways if driven upto 100 kmph. I have got 11 kmpl on Noida- Lucknow highway as was in a hurry.
Least I have got was 7.1 kmpl from Dehradun (I filled up there) to Mussoorie
The city mileage seems low. I have been getting 15-18 kmpl in Pune traffic (getting worse day by that day and joining the ranks of Bangalore, Mumbai etc).
Maybe it is all about the driving style.
For context, I too have a VX.
Old 29th October 2023, 17:19   #2404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
I have taken delivery of new Innova hycross on June 18th in Sparkling Black pearl crystal shine . This color also does not look black in a few angles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Got the Toyota Innova Hycross in Sparkling Black Pearl Crystal Shine (quite a mouthful name for a paint color) yesterday. As always, we preferred a low key delivery.
Hello,

I just booked a VX (o) 8 seater in Sparkling Black Crystal Shine. However, I have not been able to see this colour yet. Can you guys please share some more pictures of your cars?

Thanks
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 19:10   #2405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just booked a VX (o) 8 seater in Sparkling Black Crystal Shine. However, I have not been able to see this colour yet. Can you guys please share some more pictures of your cars?
Came across this video which shows the HyCross in Sparkling Black Crystal Shine.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 19:37   #2406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
They brushed it aside and asked me to drive as usual. I will visit their main service Center to get it diagnosed with the ODB tool when I can.

Manufactured in May 2023.
Did you manage to figure out what was wrong with the car?

On an unrelated note, can across an Innova Zenix (foreign hycross) with some spacers on the wheels. Looks pretty damn good. Wonder why toyota didn't make the wheels look like this by default.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyX68JNJkw5/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CwJ7huyLSon/
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvXBpphJ1wu/
Cresterk is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 20:37   #2407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
On an unrelated note, can across an Innova Zenix (foreign hycross) with some spacers on the wheels. Looks pretty damn good. Wonder why toyota didn't make the wheels look like this by default.
The tires have also been upsized to 235/55/R18s from 225/50/R18s as I read in the comment section.

But yes, the car looks much better with the spacers and wider tires, something which should have come stock from the factory!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 09:49   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Did you manage to figure out what was wrong with the car?
I did visit the larger service centres and the code that came up in the diagnostics was because of loose auxiliary battery terminal. They physically checked but found nothing wrong. They reassured me that everything was ok.

I took a 2300 trip to Delhi and back after this without any problem.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 12:42   #2409
Senior - BHPian

Are you at your wit's end trying to figure out how to get wireless carplay to work? Well, I finally figured it out.

The problem:

Wired carplay has always worked for me but wireless carplay only worked with my dad's iphone 12 pro and not mine. Despite multiple attempts at forgetting and re-pairing carplay device, it just would refuse to connect wirelessly. I figured it was due to my aging iphone XS not being compatible or some other bug. I got a new iphone 15 pro recently and I was excited to finally get wireless carplay to work only to be met with the same issue which meant this was probably something software related.

The troubleshooting:

I tried resetting the hycross infotainment to see if that would fix it. Did not work.

I reasoned the problem probably wasn't with the infotainment since it was working with my dad's phone.

The solution

On your iphone, go to settings, general, reset and then reset network settings.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_3744.jpg
Note: this will also remove all wifi passwords so make an icloud backup first.

We will ignore the carplay tab for now on both iphone and infotainment.

Next go to bluetooth and pair the car via bluetooth like you normally would for bluetooth audio.

You will get a notification on both the car and the iphone telling you carplay device is available and asking you if you want to use it. Click yes on both devices.

You will get another notification asking you if you want to use wireless carplay. Make sure to click yes on that too. I think I mistakenly clicked "no" when I first paired the car to check audio quality during PDI before taking delivery of the car and the phone remembered this setting.

Only if the infotainment gets stuck on "waiting for confirmation from your phone" :

Go to wifi on phone and click and join the "MYCAR########" network. Password will not be asked, it would have been autosaved during pairing process.

Once the iphone joins this network created by the car, the carplay tab on the infotainment will light up. Enjoy using wireless carplay.

Wireless carplay not connecting automatically/sporadically:

Go to wifi and click on the (i) next to the "MYCAR######" network. Then make sure autojoin is turned on.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_3745.jpg

And that's it. Carplay may not connect automatically when you are close to your home wifi because your phone would be connected to that instead. From now on, when your phone auto connects to car bluetooth, it should auto connect to car wifi too and you can use all the cool features introduced in ios17.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-617950f0097f45fe80ae648e0d80152a.jpg

Another nice feature I noticed even before shareplay is that you can connect multiple phones to bluetooth at the same time and switch between audio sources from the steering mode button. You can also use carplay for maps on one iphone and listen to bluetooth audio from another paired phone.

Last edited by Cresterk : 31st October 2023 at 12:44.
Cresterk is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 13:24   #2410

Do we know if wireless android auto will ever come to Hycross Zx? The infotainment has the capbility but do we know if the feature willcbe added via any software updates later?
Old 31st October 2023, 13:44   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_mode_on View Post
Do we know if wireless android auto will ever come to Hycross Zx? The infotainment has the capbility but do we know if the feature willcbe added via any software updates later?
The SA had told me that wireless android auto has been "disabled" due to frequent disconnection issues, implying the unit must be capable of supporting it and I suspect that there should be some hidden settings or hack to enable it.

BTW, wired android auto/carplay and wireless carplay have been working flawlessly with my iphone 13 and samsung galaxy phones.

Regarding frequent disconnections, I have not faced it at all so far. But had come across an article/post which mentioned that it is most likely due to phone trying to connect to a public or other wifi network automatically. Since wireless carplay/android auto primarily use wifi (and bluetooth for pairing/authentication alone), it disconnects whenever phone connects to any other wifi. So, people facing such issue can check wifi settings on their phones and disable anything that would allow it to scan and connect automatically to public networks (which can happen while you travel).

Who knows, the wireless android auto disconnection issue that SA mentioned could also be due to same reason!
Old 31st October 2023, 15:27   #2412
BHPian

Even I had this AA frequent disconnection issue on my Hyryder but the problem got resolved after updating the Head unit software to the latest version.
Old 31st October 2023, 16:47   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Even I had this AA frequent disconnection issue on my Hyryder but the problem got resolved after updating the Head unit software to the latest version.
Is it a JBL unit too? Could it be possibly shared across other Toyota cars including Hycross?
Old 1st November 2023, 06:07   #2414

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Got my hycross' 10,000 kms service done.

Mileage is now 12.5-13.5 in Delhi traffic. Goes upto 17 kmpl on Highways if driven upto 100 kmph. I have got 11 kmpl on Noida- Lucknow highway as was in a hurry.
Least I have got was 7.1 kmpl from Dehradun (I filled up there) to Mussoorie
It's a petrol hycross or hybrid?
Old 1st November 2023, 07:54   #2415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKDrives View Post
It's a petrol hycross or hybrid?
Has to be hybrid.

The NA petrol HyCross cannot be giving 12kmpl in Delhi traffic or 17 on highway cruises. It gives like half of these numbers, rarely hitting double figures.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks