Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2023, 09:39   #2251
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Got tires upgraded from 215/60R17 Apollo to 235/55R17 Michelin, as while cornering on the highway, the tires were squealing at 45-50 kmph.
Any drop in fuel efficiency with the upgraded tires?

235/55/R17 Michelins are the Latitude Sport ones or the Primacy 4ST, and how have they been performing so far?
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 11:54   #2252

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsequeira View Post
I am finally getting my VX Hybrid Hycross delivered next week after a wait of 6 months. They have asked me to complete the formalities tomorrow (payment, choosing of accessories etc.) Could someone please help with the checklist and what accessories should be done. Thanks.
Can someone please help, I am not aware of the PDI checklist. can someone please send it to me asap. Thanks.
Old 8th September 2023, 19:30   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsequeira View Post
Can someone please help, I am not aware of the PDI checklist. can someone please send it to me asap. Thanks.
You can access Team BHI PDI list using link below
https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list
woodstock3001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 22:13   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I find the headlamps of Hycross absolutely useless. I am really keen to understand what can be done without voiding the warranty
Did you get to know anything on this? I had seen a video from Delhi that was fixing an additional light bar with 4 rectangular lights. Not sure of the warranty impact though.
Old 9th September 2023, 01:40   #2255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post

DIY horn upgrade

Just upgraded the horn on my Hycross to the black version of the Hella. Super easy. Thanks for the detailed guide!
Proxima is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 08:24   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
Did you get to know anything on this? I had seen a video from Delhi that was fixing an additional light bar with 4 rectangular lights. Not sure of the warranty impact though.
I am looking at options like bulb upgrade or changing the entire cluster. Don't want to install additional lights as Kerala MVD is quite strict about such matters and also don't want to void the warranty. Right now options seems to very limited.
Old 9th September 2023, 12:12   #2257
BHPian

Lights is an issue. Yday drive from ludhiana to Delhi and felt lights are a bit inadequate for highway driving.

Asked service centre guy and they said install Fog which are powerful as the accessories fog lights are useless.

Also if someone can tell how the accessory Fog lights are controlled - through separate switch ?

Any update would be helpful.
samitjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 12:47   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
Lights is an issue. Yday drive from ludhiana to Delhi and felt lights are a bit inadequate for highway driving.

Asked service centre guy and they said install Fog which are powerful as the accessories fog lights are useless.

Also if someone can tell how the accessory Fog lights are controlled - through separate switch ?

You can try at Auto Music Emporio in Karol Bagh, These guys are there from many years and they are official dealers for Aaozoom which is a German brand for lighting.
They have fog lamp projectors under this brand which are very effective specifically for Hycross & Fortuner, I'll be also getting them installed as I get my Hycross delivered.

These guys are professionals; hence you don't have to worry for warranty void.
Ajitesh_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 12:55   #2259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at options like bulb upgrade or changing the entire cluster. Don't want to install additional lights as Kerala MVD is quite strict about such matters and also don't want to void the warranty. Right now options seems to very limited.
It's not possible to change the bulb sadly. I have already tried because the light output is pathetic, especially the high beam. The Crysta had way better headlights than this.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 13:13   #2260
BHPian

Finally, got hold of the leak for Innova Hycross Festive Edition. It will be based on the Non hybrid GX Variant only. Below are the following changes -

Exterior changes -
1. Front Under run.
2. Rear Under run.
3. Front grill jewel garnish.

Interior Changes -
1. Chestnut color interior with soft-touch leather on doors and dashboard (Same as VX/ZX)
2. Seat fabric color in chestnut & black same as VX/VX(O).
3. Hydrographic on door armrest switch base. (Not sure if it's wooden or gloss black.

It will be available in both 7/8 seater. Very few units will be produced to keep exclusivity. It will cost approx Rs. 40K more than the GX variant. No changes in existing vehicle performance. All these changes will be made at factory level and not at the showroom level, also they are included in the standard Toyota warranty of 3yrs/1 lac km.

Prices will be announced in September.

This is indeed a great proposition for those who want Hycross but have low annual running as additional cost OTR for VX Hybrid and Non Hybrid GX is around Rs. 7 lacs which is quite substantial.

Sadly my dealer didn't have any of this information, waiting for official announcement from Toyota.
Ajitesh_Drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 13:23   #2261
BHPian

Quote:

Yes agree the headlight situation is complicated, upgrading to good fog lamps will also not solve the problem i think to some extent.
I also find the low beam to be quite useless only high beam seem to provide some illumination.
At first i found the lights to be facing very much down then i adjusted it bit higher using the leveller, please try levelling first it will improve the throw to some extent.

Will it not void warranty of we upgrade to high power fog lamps?
manofinfinity is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 18:42   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
Not sure of the warranty impact though.
Quote:
I am looking at options like bulb upgrade or changing the entire cluster.
Quote:
Lights is an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitesh_Drive View Post
They have fog lamp projectors under this brand which are very effective specifically for Hycross & Fortuner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I have already tried because the light output is pathetic, especially the high beam. The Crysta had way better headlights than this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Yes agree the headlight situation is complicated, upgrading to good fog lamps will also not solve the problem i think to some extent.
I agree with everyone here about the headlight issue. I find that LED headlights in most cars except for the XUV700, are insufficient, and something needs to be done which does not void warranty.

As for the original fog lamps, they seem to be ineffective / worthless.

Anyone considering an upgrade should consider alternative options. In the case of fog lamps, HID or projectors might be necessary.
Old 9th September 2023, 21:04   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
I have taken delivery of new Innova hycross on June 18th in Sparkling Black pearl crystal shine . This color also does not look black in a few angles.

Attachment 2492354

Delivery
The delivery experience was smooth except for the insurance. The showroom insisted on their own insurance . The sales team mention battery is not covered under comprehensive insurance if I take it outside . So Toyota sales team also lies. I did not expect this from Toyota. Come on. If they would have told me truth and said we want to make more money, I would have been happier.

Anyway to avoid unnecessary stress , I accepted it and went ahead with the delivery.

Hello to first ownership issue
The drive was smooth for the first 500kms. But then trouble struck. Out of no where the NVH and engine vibrations became excessive. In addition there was khat khat sound coming continuously while driving from front right.

I bought a Toyota for peace of mind. But unfortunately that has not been the case for me. Apparently this is the first such instance that they have seen in across their Hyderabad showrooms and I seem to be the chosen one !

Hopefully this is the first and last such instance.
What the update in your situation, did they solve the problems?
What is your car manufacturing month?
Old 10th September 2023, 00:39   #2264
BHPian

Hi,

On the topic of tires - what are the options for HyCross ZXO? If one would want to stick to the original tire dimensions but go for better tires?

How good is brand Vredestein 225/50 ZR18 VREDESTEIN - ULTRAC VORTI

thanks.
Old 10th September 2023, 00:48   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
I agree with everyone here about the headlight issue. I find that LED headlights in most cars except for the XUV700, are insufficient, and something needs to be done which does not void warranty.
Hi,

There has been enough discussion on inadequacy of the headlights on the HyCross, the summary appears to be that there aren't too many good headlight upgrade options available (taking into account warranty). Can anyone give a perspective of how good/ bad these are in comparison to any other reference point?

References like -
(1) ok to drive in good weather but visibility is poor in rainy conditions (or any other).
(2) Need to cut down speed by a certain kmph compared to other reference cars.
(3) Cannot go beyond certain kmph in pitch dark conditions on a tar road.

Essentially looking at any reasonable quantification to this topic of discussion.

Any insights into why the specifications have been this way? Is it related to any specific restriction (battery/ fuel consumption/ electronics/ any other)? If not, why would the manufacturer not improve the wattage on the bulbs (at the least)?
I am a novice in understanding these aspects, so kindly enlighten if detail is available on these aspects.

<Realize there are 2 back-to-back posts, kindly merge them>

Last edited by subbarp : 10th September 2023 at 00:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks