Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2023, 09:28   #2326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbathina View Post
I have decided to purchase the Hycross GX Festive Edition, which has an ex-showroom price of Rs. 20,07,000. This is slightly more expensive than the standard 7-seater version, which costs Rs. 19,67,000. The Festive Edition comes with below below-mentioned additional features, this information is shared by the dealership. Overall, I believe this version offers excellent value for money
This is an excellent choice as it offers premium interiors from VX/VX(O) for those who have low annual running, as the on-road cost between non-hybrid and hybrid is close to INR 7 lacs approx. which is hard to justify if you have 5000-7000 km running annually.

Myself booked a Pearl white GX (got it converted to GX-Festive edition) from Uttam Toyota Patparganj, Delhi in June 2023 with a delivery timeline from October end to early November.

That being said Uttam Toyota is 40km from my place and were the only ones who were genuinely interested in making a sale, as had contacted MGF Toyota (3km away) and Galaxy Toyota (5km away) gave a cold shoulder when enquired for the same.

Almost an additional 40k ex-showroom for this as an upgrade is really value for money, would have been great if they could have furthermore increased price and given OEM 17 inchers in GX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuttappanAbhi View Post
Any pointers to good reliable 7D mats for Hycross that I can get online? Has any one tried 7d mats online. 7D mats available with dealers are disappointing. Hence the question. Any advise will be helpful.
Try these two brand, Top Gear and Hypersonic, they make 7D mats and pretty good ones. I have contact of dealers in Delhi but not in Cochin, see if it possible in Cochin for these two brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystafan View Post
I am about to get GX variant delivered by end of month. Any suggestions on cabin interior accessories to make passenger comfort same as higher variants?
You might have to get the interiors re-done from good, reputed aftermarket shops, wherein the doors/dashboard will be leather-wrapped as well as for seat covers. Talk to your SA for the GX Festive edition as it solves your concerns as no matter how good the work is done aftermarket; it can never match the factory-fitting craftsmanship.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st November 2023 at 11:11. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Ajitesh_Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 18:58   #2327
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Hello Fellow Bhpians,

Any pointers to be considered regarding booking. Made a booking last friday at Uttam Ghaziabad and have been added to a whatsapp group. Apart from booking no. what else should I ask them and does booking no. confirm the queue no. too ? Gonna make another booking at Galaxy Moti nagar for VX 8 seater.

At Uttam was informed that annual fitness test would be required for 8s in Uttar Pradesh which would cost around Rs. 2500. Would request 8s owners to confirm the same for UP as well as other states.
Old 25th September 2023, 22:35   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitesh_Drive View Post
Try these two brand, Top Gear and Hypersonic, they make 7D mats and pretty good ones. I have contact of dealers in Delhi but not in Cochin, see if it possible in Cochin for these two brands.
Any online links to buy these?
Old 26th September 2023, 08:26   #2329
BHPian

What is the truth about first lot manufactured cars and fit and finish or quality issues in them, How long is the period for first lot, is it 6 months or more?

My hycross is manufactured in March which is in first 6 months so it's it considered first lot manufactured car?

I wanted to create a new thread about this topic but i can't create as s new member so asking here.

Last edited by manofinfinity : 26th September 2023 at 08:38. Reason: Typo
Old 26th September 2023, 09:22   #2330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Any online links to buy these?
It will be better if you could see in person and then finalize as there are many online portals through which you can order but just in case if the quality of product delivered is different from product shown it'll be a disappointing experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
At Uttam was informed that annual fitness test would be required for 8s in Uttar Pradesh which would cost around Rs. 2500. Would request 8s owners to confirm the same for UP as well as other states.
Hello, I'm also in the waiting list for the 8 Str Hycross from Uttam Toyota Patparganj, Delhi. Are you getting yours registered in Ghaziabad, since mine will be registered from Gurgaon, Haryana and my SA from Uttam Toyota hasn't informed me for this annual fitness test. Going to confirm the same from him as well.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st November 2023 at 11:12. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Ajitesh_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 22:51   #2331
BHPian

Hi all, I went for PDI of GX petrol today. It has already driven 150+ km. Is it acceptable?
Others who have taken delivery from Calicut or Kerala dealers, can you please advise if this is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitesh_Drive View Post
Talk to your SA for the GX Festive edition
They said it is costing almost 1.5 L extra OTR. I am not sure if the value add is really that good

Last edited by Eddy : 1st November 2023 at 11:13. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Old 27th September 2023, 00:02   #2332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Can you please share some photos of interior ambient lighting installed in your car?
Also regarding installation the cut for the bulb on the door panel are they manually done or with any special instrument, how is the overall fitting, and do you hear any rattles after installing?
Not sure how they installed it because I had it installed before taking delivery. I doubt anyone can tell it's not factory fitted though, since it blends in pretty well and no, there are no rattles or issues so far.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2510.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2511.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2524.jpg

Don't have pictures in daytime, hope these will suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I'm considering getting the OEM fog lamps for my Hycross VX. Dont want to take the risk of going with an after-market option because it may void the warranty.

Has anyone installed the OEM fog lamp?

ZX owners, do you think the OEM fog lamp does a good job?
They are useless except for aesthetics. The car does look very good in evenings with the fogs on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarma1 View Post
I think the interior ambient lighting is a standard feature in the Hycross ZXO version
That's just on the dashboard and the cupholder. These are for the footwells. And they can change colour via an app but I have it set to blue since it matches the colour theme of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
I got that installed on my VX. As per me, it looks like I wasted my 13k on these OEM Fog Lamps which are good for nothing. You can easily get the LED Projectors installed in fog lamps housing which will be better overall and it would certainly cost less than 13k. Please do not buy OEM Fog Lamps. I did this mistake and I will never suggest anyone!
Seconding this!

Quote:
Hi all, I went for PDI of GX petrol today. It has already driven 150+ km. Is it acceptable?
Others who have taken delivery from Calicut or Kerala dealers, can you please advise if this is ok.
My ZX(O) had done only 4kms when I went for PDI. When taking delivery, it had done some 30-40 kms.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 00:18   #2333
BHPian

Quote:
I got my delivery last week (location : Bangalore). During PDI it was 4km and during delivery was pleasantly surprised to see 8 km only. 150 km in my opinion is completely un acceptable. Please ask your SA for explanations.
pious_devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 00:24   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Please ask your SA for explanations.
Explanation from SA is that the car reached Palakkad yard from Toyota plant and then it was driven to Calicut showroom. Not sure if that is a norm here and elsewhere. NB: Palakkad is neighboring district and distance can be 150-160 km
I am not convinced but don't seem to have a choice. I can reject but will need to wait endlessly for next allotment perhaps.
Old 28th September 2023, 16:53   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Explanation from SA is that the car reached Palakkad yard from Toyota plant and then it was driven to Calicut showroom. Not sure if that is a norm here and elsewhere. NB: Palakkad is neighboring district and distance can be 150-160 km
I am not convinced but don't seem to have a choice. I can reject but will need to wait endlessly for next allotment perhaps.
Looks like the dealer tried to save some transportation costs and decided to drive it down. Please check with the company representatives as they seem to have very little control over what their dealers are doing.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 17:48   #2336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
Please check with the company representatives as they seem to have very little control over what their dealers are doing.
Thanks, yes I have escalated to Toyota but I am not expecting a lot coming off of it. They called and said a dealer representative will call but no call yet. And even if they call, I think they'll give the same reason.
Crystafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 21:35   #2337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I was offered a brand new ScorpioN under a similar condition of the car being driven from Calicut showroom to Thrissur. I straight told them that either I can go to Calicut and drive it myself OR they can transport it on a trailer or flatbed. No way I'm letting some underpaid youth joyride my brand new car for 150-200 kms.

I use to travel between states a lot a few years ago and when driving in the early hours of the morning, I would often come across brand new cars with temp registration plates being driven like madmen, straight up jumping through potholes, speedbreakers etc without a care in the world. That is the way these cars are transported. The person driving them doesn't care as long as there is no physical damage.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 00:49   #2338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
That is the way these cars are transported. The person driving them doesn't care as long as there is no physical damage.
I had no clue that they were gonna drive it down. Without any other choice, I am taking delivery tomorrow. Is there any other suggestion on what to do?
At least is there a way I can get a proof that this was driven for 200km before delivery?
Old 30th September 2023, 02:59   #2339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had no clue that they were gonna drive it down. Without any other choice, I am taking delivery tomorrow. Is there any other suggestion on what to do?
At least is there a way I can get a proof that this was driven for 200km before delivery?
If you have done the payment and the registration is complete, there isn't really anything you can do now. Just enjoy your new ride. Despite what youtube bloggers say, it's still a proper Toyota and built tough. Chances of there being any mechanical issues are very low even if it is abused.

If you feel that there are any problems post delivery, you can take it back and try to get it rectified.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 20:29   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
If you have done the payment and the registration is complete, there isn't really anything you can do now
Yes agreed. Took delivery today and will enjoy as you said. Thanks, it's really reassuring

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks